Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703530 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Judy

London, Canada

#484323 Oct 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have taken Logic Class with Michael up there in Canada.
If documents were destroyed and/or kept away from people, how then can you profess here as to what these documents contained? No one's seen them if we accept your premise, but you know what they contained?
Why don't you do a little investigation yourself. Read court cases....oh that's right you wouldn't do that. Why?, because it's way easy for you to believe the Catholic clergy, officials, and even the Vatican always tell you the truth.
Dan lives in a Catholic bubble.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#484324 Oct 22, 2013
Talking about that awful burning cross,ad ..
truth

Perth, Australia

#484325 Oct 22, 2013
drugb dillers and tv

evil serve evil

they are some evil corupt supporters yeeeeeeee

killers support killers liars support liars

owfull nice lips

paradice=gamble mumble carmble and so on with them all

it is written

wide way

they don't like righteosness
they are thrsty corupt owfuoll some killers
yep
lips talkers
evil cover up suppoerters

by
deserve
deseret as insert
your bosess is now alzavadi=satanic heart thoughts

evil serve evil

they can be rich
for devil
and silky smooth skin

they liked died but can;'t

now
you are from numbers too
truth

Perth, Australia

#484326 Oct 22, 2013
paradice para;dice

za odjechu se moju kockashe

za prvo sjedala isto

of-full
pride avarice lust and so on
liars lips talkers and evil spirits walkers

killers on nice and owfull way
no deference
Judy

London, Canada

#484327 Oct 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam says.........."any percentage is too high.
Michael says........that is where you should have stopped your post. Instead you went on to defend them.
Catholics themselves are just as much part of this troubling problem as are the clergy. For some reason instead of demanding accountability, there is always an excuse, that it wasn't that bad, or others are doing it to.
Catholics who pay all the bills for the church including the salaries and generous benefits of all the clergy should demand accountability for their hard earned money.
,,,,,,but all we hear is deafening SILENCE or excuses.
I remember reading about what a clergy said about clergy abuse victims: "little boys heal".
What a poor excuse for a priest!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#484328 Oct 22, 2013
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?
A Christian is anyone who heeds the commandments of Jesus. Love God. Love your neighbor. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Really? Do you keep the commandments of Jesus? Do you love God? No. Do you love your neighbor as yourself? No.

A Christian is any person, no matter what his color, class or creed may have been, who believes the Record that God has given of His Son in the Word of God; accepts the verdict of God upon himself as a sinner; confesses that he is lost and hell-deserving; makes bare his heart and all his sins to God only; asks to be cleansed in the Savior's Precious Blood, throwing himself for salvation by faith alone, through grace alone, on Christ alone. The true Christian gladly confesses: "I'm only a sinner and nothing at all, but Jesus Christ is my all in all."
truth

Perth, Australia

#484329 Oct 22, 2013
atheist evils not better some evil serving evil

they are not better
evil serve evil
all of them fit in nice evil

apostol john say

on earth recide evil serving evil spirits evil..
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee
truth

Perth, Australia

#484330 Oct 22, 2013
serve your many many
you will hav e evil award
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ee

smooth silky evil skin
yeeeeeee you can be so so so rich
owfull

yep

they liked died but can't

you liked humble bumble hell-gama
humble yourself your head under wrath of god

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#484331 Oct 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Do you keep the commandments of Jesus? Do you love God? No. Do you love your neighbor as yourself? No.
A Christian is any person, no matter what his color, class or creed may have been, who believes the Record that God has given of His Son in the Word of God; accepts the verdict of God upon himself as a sinner; confesses that he is lost and hell-deserving; makes bare his heart and all his sins to God only; asks to be cleansed in the Savior's Precious Blood, throwing himself for salvation by faith alone, through grace alone, on Christ alone. The true Christian gladly confesses: "I'm only a sinner and nothing at all, but Jesus Christ is my all in all."
Amen..

Christianos: follower of Christ.....
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#484332 Oct 22, 2013
Page 1 of 2

History of the "glorious" Roman Catholic church.
And Jesus was the founder of this cesspool? I don't think so.

January 1992: "Father" Wilson Smart raped an altar boy years earlier and photographed him without clothes.

February 1992, Wisconsin: "Father" Bruce Hall was tried in Wisconsin for caressing a boy, 12 years of age, during visits to the rectory for counseling.

March 1992, California: "Father" Victor Ubaldi was charged by a San Diego woman for molesting her numerous times when she was a pre and early teenager.

April 1992, California: "Father" Patrick Kelly, aged 71, absconded to Ireland after being charged with molesting a little girl, having been forbidden to remain in the State of California.

May 1992, Arizona: "Father" Mark Lehman was sued by parents in the Diocese of Phoenix, AZ, who claimed he had molested their three children. He had received a ten year prison sentence only one month before for exploiting several other children.

June 1992, Massachusetts: "Father" Richard Lavigne in Shelbourne Falls, MA. was found guilty and jailed for 12 counts of child rape. For months he insisted that the accusations were part of a plot framed by a local group that had left his church.

July 1992, California: "Father" J.T. Monaghan (a retired priest) was charged with taking a 7 year old Sacramento girl, who he was counseling into the kitchen for cookies where he allegedly abused her.

August 1992, Indiana & Illinois: "Father" Patrick White, aldeady under indictment in the State of Indiana for his abuse of boys, was arrested in Illinois for criminal sexual assault of a minor. At the time of his arrest, law enforcement officers found Mr. White destroying snapshots of nude boys.

September 1992, Massachusetts: "Father" Ron Provost was charged and found guilty to having taken photographs of -2- unclothed boys (7 to 10 years old) in his rectory in Barre, MA. in order to obtain sexual pleasure. Some of the photos were 15 years old.

October 1992, New York: "'Father" Daniel Calabrese sodomized a minor in his Poughkeepsie, N.Y. rectory and was found guilty. After sentencing him to 90 days in jail, the District Attorney, William Grady reprimanded Cardinal John O'Connor for ignoring previous complaints concerning Calabrese's behaviour.

November 1992, Wisconsin: "Father" David Malsch was charged with taking a 14 year old boy in Wausau, Wisconsin, to a motel for two days, where he fondled him in the pool, gave him alcohol and took photos of the boy without clothes in the motel room. The boy had a learning disability,

December 1992, Massachusetts & New Mexico: "Father" David Holley after being accused of molesting children in Worcester, MA. was transferred to Alamogordo, NM, to a treatment center known as the Servants of the Paraclete. In New Mexico, he allegedly molested other children.

1993, California: In Santa Barbara over 30 children were molested in a seminary.

1993, Illinois: Bishop Joseph Imesch of Joliet, IL, was quoted saying: "These are times that shake our faith and confidence in our most cherished systems and institutions. We hear about sexual abuse and the shattering effect it has on the victims, their families and the community. I am particularly shocked and saddened when I hear of allegations that some of our priests have committed these acts." The bishop was speaking from experience as he had recently removed six molesting priests.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#484333 Oct 22, 2013
Page 2 of 2

History of the "glorious" Roman Catholic church.
And Jesus was the founder of this cesspool? I don't think so.

1993, Massachusetts: Former priest, James Porter was sentenced to 18 - 20 years in a Massachusetts State Prison by Superior Court Judge, Robert L. Steadman, in New Bedford, MA. Porter, 58 pleaded guilty to 41 counts of sexual abuse between 1961 and 1967 in five parishes in south eastern Massachusetts. He could be eligible for parole in six years. More than 100 victims of the ex-priest reached a civil agreement with the local Archdiocese in 1992. The New Bedford Standard Times reported a $1.5 million settlement with 31 additional victims. Porter's case offers the largest example of clerical sexual abuse - or abuse by any individual - in American judical history. Judge Steadman lambasted Porter for his outrageous conduct and complete disregard for the physical, spiritual and psychological impact be had on his victims. He called Porter "an effigy" representing all the other named and unnamed child abusers. Porter's case was avidly pursued by victims who for many years had repressed memories of their abuse. Frank Fitzpatrick, now 43 said he was 39 before he could trace a lifetime of depression and lack of self esteem to the occasion on which he was drugged and molested by "Father" Porter.

1996, Ohio: An Ohio family suing the Catholic Church says their retarded son who died of AIDS got the disease from members of a religious order who raped him while he lived at a church-funded home.

The Catholic Church leadership can no longer hide the facts. Priests are molesting children throughout the land. Literally hundreds of priests in this country alone, are preying on children. To try to hush this unprecedented crisis the hierarchy of the Catholic Church has spent upwards of 500 million dollars in out-of-court settlements. Thousands of Americans will never be the same again because of molestation by their priest when they were children. Victims tell of drug and alcohol addiction, nightmares, depression and suicide attempts which they trace to the time when they were molested by a priest.

You should be concerned about how many of these molesters are still 'at-large' because Rome paid off the parents and the victims
truth

Perth, Australia

#484334 Oct 22, 2013
i don't liked drug dillers
no
i don't liked trade with woman childreens old and so on..
i don't liked owfull sex trade
sick suffering people
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo

nice and owfull killers layers judges politicians are not better

they will have award from devil

yee
they will be rich
more liars more killed more and more you are rich as hell as vulcan

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#484336 Oct 22, 2013
truth

Perth, Australia

#484337 Oct 22, 2013
cesspol=o lopusseeeeeeeee
and lojpuseeeeeeeeeeeee

lojpuz=man without hair on face
lopuszeeeeee=liars

you serve god as liar died in vain

see words in vain death in vain

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeee
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#484338 Oct 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say it was only CATHOlic ..Bern saying all day the,VICTIMS
Kay Marie has been saying all day ..the past is past ..let's,show,
CHRISTIAN LOVE TODAY..then a,finger was pointed at Our churches,.
one child hurt by any adult belongs,in JAIL period ....
MICHAEL brought this up ..I think in some ways it bothers him.more than others..may be e knows,someone who was hurt going AGAINST everything HE
LEARNED AS A CATHOLIC..I said before we,a HAVE things,that really get to us,for personal reasons or hurts,as,young folks,.
No one is saying this,will dismantle the Church
But I just posted WHY no one understands ...especially in your Church
With all its,many locations ..monasteries,. Resources ..why men were EVER allowed around children. Again....
That would go for private CHRISTIAN and public schools
...
COMMON SENSE and a,much better cover up ...if that was the point ...get rid of them or hide them ..Don't give them temptation..
Umm. When you say nothing you say much. Funny how you only feel the need to respond to Catholics and what they could do. I see you miss the comments of Presto, Judge Judy, Ole JG and shock of all Shocks Herme made fair post its not longer him backing his wife when she makes statements like its obvious your church has a bigger a problem or he believes it. Ok Rose show us your stuff. You tell those people its not a Catholic Problem and you tell them what the church is doing, has done and did. And if you say you dont know that is because you closed your eyes. Say to Old JG you know this isnt really helping anyone by singling out abuse in the church. Lets see your stuff or you can ignore comments like. In response to abuse is low in the church.
Since the CC doesn't keep (or show) statistics, how would you know?
KayMarie
In reality the church does and and the allegations are listed in the link I gave you for the past decade.
In response to Anthony bringing up Grahams Grandson report.
He may be a closet CC. Remember Jim Bakker and Jim Swaggart, and Ted (what 'is name)? I don't know the name of one CC offender, but everyone knows the names of the Protestants. I have known instances where offenders were prosecuted, but none that have been 'protected'.
Guess I'll leave his name off my list...till I know the truth.
KayMarie
Wow! Yeah only a closet Catholic would make a statement that would resemble some truth?
Anthony Responds; Right, he's a "closet CC". lol. Maybe you're part of the problem he's describing. He says "the culture of Protestant Evangelical churches makes it harder to report sexual abuse of minors, and makes it harder for those who report the abuse to be believed." and "“The Protestant culture is defined by independence,” Tchividjian said. Evangelicals often frown upon transparency and accountability, he said, as many Protestants rely on Scripture more than religious leaders, compared to Catholics.
Abusers discourage whistle-blowing by condemning gossip to try to keep people from reporting abuse, he said. Victims are also told to protect the reputation of Jesus."
Its really quite simple. All you or any poster need do is stop using abuse as an argument when 10 fingers are pointing right back at you. You are only giving Mikey mileage. Funny how you always miss those posts. Clay says a small percentage and is immediately attacked. Why? Because he stated a fact? One is too many on this everyone agrees. Do you know any Catholics who would want this to happen to their children or anyone elses? Conftinter has blasted many times and when facts were posted we got...Catholic Tripe. Blah blah blah. You justify it by pointing out its elsewhere blah blah blah. Silence to this nonsense is a response. I posted plenty of evidence of the no covering up and here we are again. Do you all have alzheimers? The hypocrisy is thicker than a river of bricks.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#484339 Oct 22, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm. When you say nothing you say much. Funny how you only feel the need to respond to Catholics and what they could do. I see you miss the comments of Presto, Judge Judy, Ole JG and shock of all Shocks Herme made fair post its not longer him backing his wife when she makes statements like its obvious your church has a bigger a problem or he believes it. Ok Rose show us your stuff. You tell those people its not a Catholic Problem and you tell them what the church is doing, has done and did. And if you say you dont know that is because you closed your eyes. Say to Old JG you know this isnt really helping anyone by singling out abuse in the church. Lets see your stuff or you can ignore comments like. In response to abuse is low in the church.
Since the CC doesn't keep (or show) statistics, how would you know?
KayMarie
In reality the church does and and the allegations are listed in the link I gave you for the past decade.
In response to Anthony bringing up Grahams Grandson report.
He may be a closet CC. Remember Jim Bakker and Jim Swaggart, and Ted (what 'is name)? I don't know the name of one CC offender, but everyone knows the names of the Protestants. I have known instances where offenders were prosecuted, but none that have been 'protected'.
Guess I'll leave his name off my list...till I know the truth.
KayMarie
Wow! Yeah only a closet Catholic would make a statement that would resemble some truth?
Anthony Responds; Right, he's a "closet CC". lol. Maybe you're part of the problem he's describing. He says "the culture of Protestant Evangelical churches makes it harder to report sexual abuse of minors, and makes it harder for those who report the abuse to be believed." and "“The Protestant culture is defined by independence,” Tchividjian said. Evangelicals often frown upon transparency and accountability, he said, as many Protestants rely on Scripture more than religious leaders, compared to Catholics.
Abusers discourage whistle-blowing by condemning gossip to try to keep people from reporting abuse, he said. Victims are also told to protect the reputation of Jesus."
Its really quite simple. All you or any poster need do is stop using abuse as an argument when 10 fingers are pointing right back at you. You are only giving Mikey mileage. Funny how you always miss those posts. Clay says a small percentage and is immediately attacked. Why? Because he stated a fact? One is too many on this everyone agrees. Do you know any Catholics who would want this to happen to their children or anyone elses? Conftinter has blasted many times and when facts were posted we got...Catholic Tripe. Blah blah blah. You justify it by pointing out its elsewhere blah blah blah. Silence to this nonsense is a response. I posted plenty of evidence of the no covering up and here we are again. Do you all have alzheimers? The hypocrisy is thicker than a river of bricks.
Why is it you only posted to me ..???

instead of to them if it's their posts you don't like ...tell them ..

No its easier to ASK ME..

I don't follow your logic ..

You post to me ..I answer..

I've been busy answering you guys most of the day..posts made TO ME .

That protestant post has been up over and over ..I've commented on it over and over for about two weeks ..

As if it makes things so much better

My original posts today had to do with young girls
Taken advantage of ..having to make decisions .

I suggested. we pray for them as well as the abuse victims .later on .

But I guess that's not of interests..
Fine .

And you totally ignored the point of my posts.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#484340 Oct 22, 2013
V I C T I M S

:just in case you missed it ..PRAYER for these lost souls..

It does,not MATTER who made mire victims ..for decades ..grown people now eh o may hate,God .

Ten fact that THERR ate,non Catholic Victims as,well as the Catholic ones ..I'm sure gives them comfort ...
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#484341 Oct 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it you only posted to me ..???
instead of to them if it's their posts you don't like ...tell them ..
No its easier to ASK ME..
I don't follow your logic ..
You post to me ..I answer..
I've been busy answering you guys most of the day..posts made TO ME .
That protestant post has been up over and over ..I've commented on it over and over for about two weeks ..
As if it makes things so much better
My original posts today had to do with young girls
Taken advantage of ..having to make decisions .
I suggested. we pray for them as well as the abuse victims .later on .
But I guess that's not of interests..
Fine .
And you totally ignored the point of my posts.
I responded to your lie that Kay Marie has been all past is the past or that you have been remotely fair. I guess you dont like it when I point out the fact of your hypocrisy and blatant bias. Your point is no point at all when you don't apply it to your buddies and then tell us that they arent doing what they are clearly doing. I dont have alot of time to be here and I choose not to waste it with the likes of most of the people here who claim to be Christians. You are all super holy people. I dont come here for imaginary friends on an anonymous board and cheer them on when they lie. I have a life.

I have seen far too many lies and hypocrisy from the circus clowns in here claiming to be Christians. You say alot of really stupid and incendiary things. No I dont think you are truthful and I dont believe you are as dumb and most certainly not as innocent as you try to make yourself to be. You say you do not lie and yet you do it alot or choose to be beyond clueless. I was patient and didnt attack you, but you are beyond the benefit of the doubt now. Your lack of character is evident.

Its really quite simple. Simply acknowledge that abuse is a Problem and nobody owns it. I dont expect you to defend people in the church who did wrong, but I do expect you to be a decent person and not fuel or remain silent when clear assaults on the church and clearly people are saying its not a problem in Protestant world. Thats dishonest and you have been given enough information to know that. If you ignored it then you are not interested in any truth or reality. Surprise! Acknowledge the Grahams Grandson is correct and there is alot of denial and arrogance and lack of accountablity in Protestant circles. But no you choose instead to only reply to Catholics and say nothing when Catholics or the church are singled out for attack with erroneous information. Then you defend those who attack saying they dont. Are you Nuts? But you are so innocent and all you did was wonder if Catholics have ever prayed. Well Gee according to your Apostle Preston God doesnt hear Catholics but well we try anyway. You are blind. How about telling us what Protestant churches should do instead of chiming in with Mikey and ignoring the rest. And spare us that Kay is not blind or thinks Protestants have nothing going on. Get real for once in your life. You have your own truth in a world of fantasy.

They are your imaginary friends who would turn and render you in a second if you had any scruples. Your brothers and Sisters. Do you feel no need for them to get your points that you dont adhere to? I thought not. Pretty Rich stuff you got there. ;0 You are right you are not worth the time because you have no desire to take off your blinders.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#484342 Oct 23, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
V I C T I M S
:just in case you missed it ..PRAYER for these lost souls..
It does,not MATTER who made mire victims ..for decades ..grown people now eh o may hate,God .
Ten fact that THERR ate,non Catholic Victims as,well as the Catholic ones ..I'm sure gives them comfort ...
The Catholics here have said that all along. The abuse card is played by your buddies and when called on it you say they didnt or you didnt participate in fueling it. You are ingoring their claims of no covering up or its not a problem.

I/We have stated it needs to be stopped wherever it is. Alot has been done but alot more needs to be done. Cheering on attacks on the church and denial festivals isnt helping anyone. Honest Protestants acknwoledge this and don't encourage finger pointing at one group and pretending its not a problem in Protestant churches or its an exclusive Catholic thing. Dont you understand that you dont need to say it? Dont you understand that when you dont say anything you are guilty of fostering a do nothing attitude? Dont you realize that when you chime in with Mikey who stirs the pot and you say nothing to anyone but Catholics about what we should do and what we could have done. Could have should have would have. My point is its a societal problem. It has not been addressed and it never will be as long as denial goes on. The church has taken massive action to correct. Catholics arent saying well that is just other Catholic churches. Many pray, get involved, educate. They dont go on anonymous boards and say we dont have any its all done its just Protestant churches. ;0 What Vomit.
truth

Perth, Australia

#484343 Oct 23, 2013
corupt law and corupt org. within

in within=weed seed and good seed

see in within=nihtawni=nistavni=corre ct pronouncement=weed seed

system secure=fast technology come as in within as second..as well less then second control..

do you liked me or not its not very imported..
its good that you know
003 part of second..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Quivering Lip Lib... 87,144
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr Tony 6,912
mgtow 4 hr the enlightened man 10
The tax bill's loopholes for the wealthy benefi... (Dec '17) 6 hr Fhrung Choc Fu Chu 10
emergency:. don't touch any thing! 7 hr Infinite Force 3
SEALS vs. "Green Berets"...who would win? (Jan '08) 7 hr Walter 199
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 8 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,547
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr science is god 996,403