Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695416 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#484236 Oct 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Atually, what's happened is that we've strengthened our vigilance to ensure the safty and well-being of the children in care of any Church activities.
Pre-screeing, etc. is very rigorous.
Doing something, admittedly, isn't as glamorous or dramatic as screeching on a message board.
If it was one of your kids that was sexually molested by an older man, you would want IMMEDIATE ACCOUNTABILITY. That never happened in your church, the victims were always played to have been lying or farbricating a story against a priest. After all who would believe a 14 year old boy over the beloved parish priest.

Its obvious we were wrong!

Better late then never! YA!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484237 Oct 22, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You are on here more than I am, get a life, now go, chop chop. LMFAO
Very uncalled for....

Repent.....you are making your Catholic family look very bad.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484238 Oct 22, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't think your language or methods are much appreciated here, you should re-think the way you're acting and maybe talk to your priest.
Thank you, Anthony!

This person needs to repent....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#484239 Oct 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
OXBOW says..........God did not come from...He always was...and will always be...
Michael says....If God has always existed (infinite), and God has a purpose, what was his purpose for all time, before mankind who only recently arrived in the past 1 million or so years?
What God would create billions of imperfect beings, only to have them relegated to a place of fire/suffering for all eternity because they were imperfect beings?
If there is a God he could have just created 100,000 beings or what number God wanted to who automatically went to heaven whenever he wanted them, instead of this long drawn out affair of Adam/Eve, Jesus, etc, living/dieing/needless suffering, people born with deformaties, murders, rapes, suicides, disease and famine......and the greatest of all FEAR!
Read the OT, God was an all punishing God. Not the God I would worship. In the NT somehow God EVOLVED or morphed into an all LOVING GOD.
UNBELIEVABLE!
God does not punish..He exercises Divine Judgment...He does not change...never has...never will...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#484240 Oct 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, they had instructions from the Hierarchy on how to handle things.
Now, they still have instructions from the hierarchy on how to handle things.
Again, your logic is failing. If it was being covered up, who among the "devout catholics" would have known about it?
Same fallacy on display.
I asked Liam ..ask you ..is,there now that it's,known ...any prayer from pulpit or congregation ..for the victims ..I'm sure there is,fir the Church ..her reputation...the damage caused to the,Faith ...But is,THere prayer specifically for the victims .

Even at Mass when they say pray for the departed SOULs .the sick.the ,Church ...the social safety net ..the Bishop ...etc .

If not ..maybe during bible study ..

Just an idea,...for the congregation ...the priests ..who had formerly
Been ignorant of the truth..

I know,you are,part of your Church by what you've said .
Again ..if not done now, and I don't know,if it is,...why not suggest it ???

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#484241 Oct 22, 2013
who="Liam " <quoted text>
Christ started His Church with thieves, prostitutes and murderers. What's your point? Are you saying the Catholic Church couldn't be the true one because it has sinners??
Maybe you should read your Bible again. Use a pink highlighter so it won't be confused with the yellow.

----------
Paul was a murderer until he met Jesus. He named a number of sinful behaviors, then said, "and such WERE some of you, but you are washed".

Jesus' blood STILL washes the sinner clean.

KayMarie

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#484242 Oct 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
education.
----------
THAT EXPLAINS IT !!! The crazy stuff coming out of our colleges today (from liberal, communist, anti-religious professors) is threatening our freedom and our good sense.
You need a REAL education...get a Bible.
KayMarie
Self.
Michael

Canada

#484243 Oct 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) Get the stats from Cozzens, then, and cite them please.
2.) You're asserting here that gay men are pedophiles?
3.) Most protestant churches don't report "up". They are self-contained vs. Catholic churches.
4.) You still haven't informed us as to how "most" clergy knew what bad acts any of their fellows were doing.
5.) Any priest who's ever lived has been a sinner. They still have to administer the Sacraments.
How many times in america, how many times around the world do you think this scenario happened.

A priest gets caught buggering a child. Bishop covers up the abuse and the parish is informed their beloved priest is getting moved to a far way parish, where his services are needed. The unknowing women in the parish throw a "going away party" for the molesting priest giving him gifts and well wishes. As this offending priest comes to the new parish, another party. A welcoming party! with more gifts/cakes/pies.

A lot of parties given to men who deserved hard jail time not their favorite cakes and expensive gifts.

#484244 Oct 22, 2013
who="Judy"<quoted text>
The bible has too much violence and sexual stuff!

----------
The Bible teaches us to live WITHOUT violence and 'sexual stuff'.

What sort of TV programs do you watch?

KM

Location hidden

#484245 Oct 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you have a jackass? Isn't one enough in your family.
Why did the chicken cross the road?? One is enough..

#484246 Oct 22, 2013
who="Judy"<quoted text>
The Bible didn't appear out of nowhere. It's men that put it together.
The big news about the Bible it was not written in English and many books were left out. Many words have different meaning in different languages, have different meanings throughout centuries and the words even have different meanings in the same language.
You can take any quote in the Bible and ten people will take it and explain it in different ways.
No wonder people's minds get so mixed up and cause so much trouble.

----------
Give us ONE quote with ten different 'ways'. We are waiting...
KM

Location hidden

#484247 Oct 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Bag of hot air! Bible says man was created from dirt, and woman from a mans rib. Imagine that!. lol!
Based on belief you say! Yes! every religion is based on belief. Every religion believes they are right. To date not one religion has the smoking gun of truth, for if they did we we would all be one BELIEF.
Belief can never be a FACT or absolute truth, because to be a fact or truth it can't just be a belief.
You don't know the definition of belief...

You said you know that there are millions of ways it could have happened...but you can't list one hundred of them!!!

You have not come forth with your info...equals you are full of it....
Michael

Canada

#484248 Oct 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) Get the stats from Cozzens, then, and cite them please.
2.) You're asserting here that gay men are pedophiles?
3.) Most protestant churches don't report "up". They are self-contained vs. Catholic churches.
4.) You still haven't informed us as to how "most" clergy knew what bad acts any of their fellows were doing.
5.) Any priest who's ever lived has been a sinner. They still have to administer the Sacraments.
The last 3 years first time in roman catholic church history priests are forming UNIONS (associations) their main focus is upholding vatican II policies which the hirearchy is trying to undo.

The priests also want a voice in the church to be able to speak up to their bishops when issues arise, and believe priests/laity should be able to pick their bishop.

The first association of priests was formed in Ireland in 2010. Now there are several growing around the world including the AUSCP in the USA that has now over 1,000 roman catholic priests who have joined.

These priests also support the nuns in america under scruitany by the vatican.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_C...

http://istandwiththesisters.org/category/cler...

http://www.uscatholicpriests.org/

Discontent within the ranks, or just a new vision and ways of doing business in the church?

#484249 Oct 22, 2013
who="Anthony MN"<quoted text>
Statistically it happens as much or more in protestant circles. Are they SATANS church also?

----------
Since the CC doesn't keep (or show) statistics, how would you know?

KayMarie
YTube

Marietta, GA

#484250 Oct 22, 2013

ANTICHRIST ...on world stage

Michael

Canada

#484251 Oct 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
God does not punish..He exercises Divine Judgment...He does not change...never has...never will...
Divine judgement! God saves Noah and his righteous family but drowns everyone else including all their children and babies. Ya' they were bad lets drown them all.

Its a fairy tale story so doesn't really matter.\

Liam

Chicago, IL

#484252 Oct 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times in america, how many times around the world do you think this scenario happened.
A priest gets caught buggering a child. Bishop covers up the abuse and the parish is informed their beloved priest is getting moved to a far way parish, where his services are needed. The unknowing women in the parish throw a "going away party" for the molesting priest giving him gifts and well wishes. As this offending priest comes to the new parish, another party. A welcoming party! with more gifts/cakes/pies.
A lot of parties given to men who deserved hard jail time not their favorite cakes and expensive gifts.
Nothing gets your adrenaline going more than the subject of child sexual abuse.
Michael

Canada

#484253 Oct 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know the definition of belief...
You said you know that there are millions of ways it could have happened...but you can't list one hundred of them!!!
You have not come forth with your info...equals you are full of it....
Give me evidence that your belief is the right belief?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#484254 Oct 22, 2013
sa 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon
~~~~
STOP POINTING THE FINGERS AND COMPLAINING ABOUT WHAT THE DEVIL HAS DONE....
AN GET YOUR ATTENTION UPON WHAT GOD WANTS TO DO
FROM HERE ON OUT...TIL HE COMES...
BE DOERS OF THE WORD...
WE START FIRST IN OUR OWN LIFE...
Act_3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
AND LET THE HOLY SPIRIT PERFORM MAINTENANCE IN YOUR LIFE FROM THAT POINT ON...
GOD BLESS YOU KAY..or gif ..

We should,show more of our better selves,here ...

Obviously the,Evil One has,Been at work in the,CHURCHES.....

we,should pray for the victims,..

He's,been at work with the young people ..

We,should pray ,..for the girls,in trouble

Support efforts,to help them.

And,pray for peace to find your girls,who have made the,wrong decision .
All of our young ..victims,.And ..foolish teens,pass,on the hurt to their souls to the next generation ..

THEY are,enticed daily ..by their celebrity hero's,.

And,no child is,immune ...

If we have grown children who lead good lives,...we,should thank God,and pray for them and for protection for our grandchildren .

Saying we'll...I've always,followed,God ..I teach MY children ...does,not lessen a,thing for anyone else .
Nor necessarily your well taught children .

The evil one,prowls for souls,...especially for children who.have been hurt or let down. Which happens,in every walk of life .

EMPATHY..one if the most important facets,of OUR DEAR LORD ..

AND YES,WE,SHOULD,SHOW,IT

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#484255 Oct 22, 2013
The question that all of us have to deal with...
\
Yes - Self - keep rolling with it.....
When we stand in judgment before God...
Self.

According to many NDEs, we don't stand in judgment before "God".

You have drawn a false conclusion.

"Did you experience a review of past events in your life? Yes I've explained this. I saw everything I had ever done, every thing I'd ever done, every place I'd ever been. I understood it all, and felt peace with the choices I'd made and the life I'd lived thus far. I now believe that this is the only judgment we face at the end of our lives and that if we like what we see...we move on to the other side peacefully. "
http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experiences/cy...

"Did you have a sense of knowing special knowledge, universal order and/or purpose? Yes

That we are the architects of our own destiny. That nobody is more to blame than ourselves for our actions during this life. At the end of our road and after the judgment we have a final decision to make: Are you going to return or go? That the someone or some thing that judges you is perhaps yourself. That from now on you can create your life with full consciousness of your acts and the transcendence of them. "
http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experiences/eu...

"Were there one or several parts of the experience especially meaningful or significant to you? Nothing in my life has had the significance of the NDE and some meditation experiences that happened later. no doubt, no fear of death and a total comprehension of non-judgment. No one creates their realities life is conditioned by hereditary and socialized contingencies and if you are born in the first world then your lottery tickets certainly came up. The relative world demands a certain amount of legal accountability and responsibility and we need suitable constraints however the deep ocean of the Absolute is absolutely forgiving and absolutely non-judgmental. Remove judgment and reduce inner turmoil resulting in peace and equanimity."
http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experiences/st...

How well do you "know yourself"?
What reasons can we give him ....
that we might gain entrance to heavens portals..
The next thought is ...
Just how many will we present to him..
that our lives have influenced and won to God?...
2Co 3:2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
2Co 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone,
but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sad Songs That Make You Cry 2 min Cow Tipper 5
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Da da 59,380
"You Might Be A Liberal If..." 15 min truth 4
How would you know if a woman is worth it? 25 min jordanv2 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 37 min Tony 6,783
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 47 min CIA Agent 994,034
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) 4 hr Pimpy 23
More from around the web