Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,404
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#483906 Oct 21, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Prove the Church wasn't startd by Christ.
==========

Orthodox: Well, let's see, which church came first, Who Church came first, What Church came second,, I Don't Know Church came third...

Catholic: That's what I want to find out.

Orthodox: I say Who came first, What came second,, I Don't Know came third.

Catholic: And you studied this?

Orthodox: Yes.

Catholic: And you are well read in this?

Catholic: And you don't know the first, second and third church's names?

Orthodox: Well I should.

Catholic: Well then Who came first?

Catholic: I mean the church's name.

Orthodox: Who.

Catholic: The church that came first.

Catholic: The first church.

Catholic: The church that came first

Orthodox: Who came first!

Catholic: I'm asking YOU who came first?

Orthodox: That's the church's name.

Catholic: That's who's name?

Catholic: Well go ahead and tell me.

Orthodox: That's it.

Catholic: That's who?

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#483907 Oct 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I don't need your forgiveness
since when does being obedient to God's word require forgiveness..
You called him an idiot,...I DID NOT...
I did not!
but you thought the samething I did, which is he is wasting my time and you know it...you know it!

I just beat you to it. Maybe I can discern better than a preacher like yourself.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#483908 Oct 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is NOT THE FINAL AUTHORITY!!! Paul in 1 Timothy 3:15 says that "THE CHURCH" is the final authority--the pinnacle, pillar and foundation of the TRUTH. Why?? Because the Jesus Christs One True (Universal-Catholic) Church "came first"!!! Then the bible, over 350 years later when the Early Church Fathers formed the Canon of Scripture in 382,393, and 397 AD giving us the bible. There was "no bible" (as we know it today) until the 17th century. In fact the printing press wasn't even invented until 1440 by John Guetenberg. If you think that the bible is the (one and only) final authority, then what about the billions and billions of Christians who worship, received, followed, and adhered to the TRUE teachings of Jesus Christ from the 1st 1500 years of the Church.---The Bible IS NOT THE FINAL AUTHORITY!! You bible only "fundies" just make things up" just like you (always) have done since the Protestant reformation began. Sola Scriptura or Sola Ecclesia was NEVER believed by ANYONE until the 17th century. It has absolutely no biblical,scriptural or historical basis of truth to back up (ANYTHING) that it teaches. The WORD OF GOD comes from Jesus Christ HIMSELF and the apostles through BOTH the written and the oral traditional teachings (2 Thess 2:15) which has been entrusted to the Church that Jesus built upon the rock of Peter (Matt 16:13-21 and I Tim 3:15. The WORD OF GOD alone is both the written and the unwritten WORD OF GOD) which (again) comes directly from Jesus) which is called Sola Verbum Dei!!! I suggest that you read the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY from the writings of authenticated and accreditied Church Historians, Church Apologistic authors and writers,(both Catholic and Protestant) and the over 2000 years of the biographical writings from "lives of the Saints" ALL of who "overwhelmingly agree" with each other. Then I suggest you read how the Early Christians "interpreted the Word of God and not your own 21 century (editorial preachers) If you do you are in for a "holy shock"!!!
HOJO,

The church, as you call it, is ONLY a GROUP OF PEOPLE, "CALLED OUT"....

How would this GROUP OF PEOPLE "CALLED OUT" have the authority over the Word of God which is Jesus as HE is the Word of God?

Mere people/man CANNOT have authority over the Word of God....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#483909 Oct 21, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
I don't need your forgiveness
since when does being obedient to God's word require forgiveness..
You called him an idiot,...I DID NOT...
I did not!
YOU WROTE

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly ...the idiot is the one who says "In the beginning was the word." and hasn't a clue what it means.

I GAVE MY INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE WORD OF GOD...

ABOUT WHAT WE SHOULD TO DO WITH THOSE THAT ARE HERETICS,,,

i ADMONISHED HIM, THEN

NOW I ADMONISH YOU,...

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#483910 Oct 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO,
Yes, HOJO, you reject the Word of God which in turn, you are rejecting Jesus Christ as HE is the Word of God....

You bible only "fundies" have already "rejected" the TRUTH of the Word of God since the WORD OF GOD has "never been" the bible alone. And since you have "rejected the TRUTH of the WORD OF GOD you have, in fact, rejected JESUS CHRIST also!!!!NOWHERE in the bible does it say that the bible is the ONLY SOURCE OF TRUTH that God chose to transmit HIS infallible and inspired word!! For the first 1500 years of the Church ---THERE WAS NO BIBLE as we know it today! The WORD OF GOD is NOT THE BIBLE ALONE! 9you "fundies" just continue to "make things up" in order to appease you "anti-catholic hate, hostility and vengeance against Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. The bible "itself" NEVER HAS BEEN the only source of GODS WORD and no place in the Bible does it say that it is!!! In fact, the bible says "just the opposite"! That the Word of God comes to us from Jesus HIMSELF and the apostles through BOTH the written and the unwritten (oral traditions) handed down by Jesus to His Apostles which was taught in the Early Churches beginning at Antioch (Acts 2), then Ephesius, Thessalonica, Corinth, Galaticia and on and on for the 1st 350 years of the Catholic Church until the Bible was written by the Early Church fathers who formed the Canon of Scripture in 382, 393, and 397 AD.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#483911 Oct 21, 2013
Tango Bravo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not familiar with "Star's assertion".
Then maybe, yup, maybe, before adding to the discussion, you should review it.

"StarC" is the poster you will be looking for. She pops on and off so quickly, you will have to review last week's posts in order ot find it.

Cheers.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#483912 Oct 21, 2013
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly ...the idiot is the one who says "In the beginning was the word." and hasn't a clue what it means.
i ADMONISHED HIM, THEN
NOW I ADMONISH YOU,...
It took me one look at his post and I knew he was an enemy of God. You posted to him all morning then all of a sudden you don't want to talk to him anymore.

It reminds me when I saw Benny Hinn for the first time. As soon as he started talking, I knew he was an enemy of God.

btw...you still watch him? You have figured that one out either have you???

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#483913 Oct 21, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
It took me one look at his post and I knew he was an enemy of God.....
ROFLMAO

You don;t even know what God is.
marge

Ames, IA

#483914 Oct 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO,
How would this GROUP OF PEOPLE "CALLED OUT" have the authority over the Word of God which is Jesus as HE is the Word of God?
well said Hank.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#483915 Oct 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is NOT THE FINAL AUTHORITY!!! Paul in 1 Timothy 3:15 says that "THE CHURCH" is the final authority--the pinnacle, pillar and foundation of the TRUTH. Why?? Because the Jesus Christs One True (Universal-Catholic) Church "came first"!!! Then the bible, over 350 years later when the Early Church Fathers formed the Canon of Scripture in 382,393, and 397 AD giving us the bible. There was "no bible" (as we know it today) until the 17th century. In fact the printing press wasn't even invented until 1440 by John Guetenberg. If you think that the bible is the (one and only) final authority, then what about the billions and billions of Christians who worship, received, followed, and adhered to the TRUE teachings of Jesus Christ from the 1st 1500 years of the Church.---The Bible IS NOT THE FINAL AUTHORITY!! You bible only "fundies" just make things up" just like you (always) have done since the Protestant reformation began. Sola Scriptura or Sola Ecclesia was NEVER believed by ANYONE until the 17th century. It has absolutely no biblical,scriptural or historical basis of truth to back up (ANYTHING) that it teaches. The WORD OF GOD comes from Jesus Christ HIMSELF and the apostles through BOTH the written and the oral traditional teachings (2 Thess 2:15) which has been entrusted to the Church that Jesus built upon the rock of Peter (Matt 16:13-21 and I Tim 3:15. The WORD OF GOD alone is both the written and the unwritten WORD OF GOD) which (again) comes directly from Jesus) which is called Sola Verbum Dei!!! I suggest that you read the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY from the writings of authenticated and accreditied Church Historians, Church Apologistic authors and writers,(both Catholic and Protestant) and the over 2000 years of the biographical writings from "lives of the Saints" ALL of who "overwhelmingly agree" with each other. Then I suggest you read how the Early Christians "interpreted the Word of God and not your own 21 century (editorial preachers) If you do you are in for a "holy shock"!!!
HOJO,

1 Timothy 3:15

15 if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to CONDUCT themselves in Godís household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.

***conduct themselves in God's household....

Conduct is NOT giving the GROUP OF PEOPLE "CALLED OUT" authority over the Word of God.....

1 Timothy 3:15

15 but if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how men ought to ~~~BEHAVE~~~ themselves in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Ephesians 2:21-22

21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord.

22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

to conduct one's self, behave one's self, live

HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH AUTHORITY OVER THE WORD OF GOD....
marge

Ames, IA

#483916 Oct 21, 2013
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
i ADMONISHED HIM, THEN
NOW I ADMONISH YOU,...
You admonished him from the word of God and Chuck just called him a name, I think that's what your saying.

Albuquerque, NM

#483917 Oct 21, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I've change my name a couple times on here. Maybe next it'll be Liam Cowboy.
Liam is my real name. Or William or Bill ..
Who cares?
Again, Jesus Christ set up a Church that He promised the gates of Hell would never prevail against. This Church HAS to be infallible when it comes to His teachings. Otherwise He's either a lunatic or a liar.(I think CS said that)
Since men, who are fallible, make up the so-called "undefined" "Church", thus the "Church" is not infallible.

Albuquerque, NM

#483918 Oct 21, 2013
who="Liam " <quoted text>
I'm sure if the Apostles would have foresaw the chaos that would ensue once their writings were published, they would have took the time to dot every I and cross every T. Imo.
They didn't even know they were writing a Bible. They established a Church like the Lord commanded. Yes they were warned of wolves and strange gospels. But 45,000 tearing apart every little sentence they penned?? No way could they have envisioned such a thing. I've heard people argue about one word in one verse, in one chapter of one book, in one of the Apostles letters. You've got to be out of your mind if you think this is how the Lord willed for truth to be conveyed. Yes we Catholics call the scriptures the word of God, and it definitely is. But every little punctuation mark?? God didn't tell them word for word what to pen. That's why I say, the evangelical approach to scripture is flawed from the get go.
----------
Question: If you can't trust 'every little punctuation mark' that the disciples WHO HEARD JESUS' TEACH USED,
Then, HOW CAN YOU TRUST THE PUNCTUATION MARKS OF ALL THOSE OTHER WRITERS, many of whom DID NOT hear Jesus ???
KayMarie
It's about time you begin asking questions, instead of think ing you already know the answers.

Albuquerque, NM

#483919 Oct 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony,
The Bible is indeed sufficient for the spiritual needs of man.
No it isn't.

Location hidden

#483920 Oct 21, 2013
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
i ADMONISHED HIM, THEN
NOW I ADMONISH YOU,...
gonna go with Chuck on this one, we don't need to be nice to the devil and his minions. we need to stand up to them who blaspheme His Word and Him.

not that we should use a sword like Peter did, but we don't need to run any more either.

NO MORE MASADA.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#483921 Oct 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>....we need to stand up to them who blaspheme His Word and Him....
You are the ones worshiping a false prophet and false religion.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#483922 Oct 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO,
Your "bible only indoctination" comments is rife with erroneous exegesis which has absolutely "no support" from ANY patristics, medievals or ANY Christian writer (for that matter) for the first 1500 years of the TRUE TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ and HIS One True Catholic Church. Your "group of people called out" nonsense demonstrates a "total and complete misunderstanding of the Greek language and a distortion of the plain meaning of Greek interpretation. The Greek word for Church her is "ecclesia" which refers to the visible, heiarchical and authoritative Church, NOT an invisible, ethereal body of believers (called out) and loosely connected by faith in the bible alone!.... The New Testament confirms the Early Churches (beginning with Antioch) as heirarchical, authoritative and visible in Acts 2 with Bishops, priests, elder and deacons! The visible Church of Jesus Christ in mentioned over 30 times in the New Testament... AND Paul re-confirms (exactly this) in I Tim 3:15, when he says THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. He goes on to say, "if you have a disagreement---TAKE IT TO THE CHURCH---(not the bible). The WORD OF GOD has not nor ever has been the Bible alone. The Church (Jesus Christs Universal (visible) Church came first---THEN THE BIBLE---over 350 years after Jesus' first Church at Antioch. It is the "same Church" that gave you the bible (that your "fundamentalists' so conveniently (mis-interpret, mis-quote and mis-use) to your own demise and destruction. God, never has been, nor ever will be the author of your bible only Protestant confusion, chaos and contradicting "relative truth" editorializing!!!!!!

Location hidden

#483923 Oct 21, 2013
this description of the word "idiot" proves that Chuck is right when he spoke to this idiot.

An idiot, dolt, or dullard is a mentally deficient person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or [significantly counterproductive way].

Albuquerque, NM

#483924 Oct 21, 2013
ONE DOES NOT HAVE TO SECOND GUESS GOD.
ONE CAN KNOW WHAT GOD WANTS/ HIS WILL THE BY STUDYING HIS WORD..
GOD WILL CONTINUE TO EXPECT OF YOU AND ME BY WHAT HE HAS EXPECTED OF OTHER..
GOD has not kept us ignorant of His expectations..of us.
ONE CAN KNOW WHAT GOD IS GOING TO DO BY WHAT HE HAS ALREADY DONE...
ONE CAN KNOW WHAT GOD IS GOING TO SAY BY WHAT HE HAS ALREADY SAID...
ONE CAN KNOW WHAT GOD IS GOING TO BE BY WHAT HE HAS ALREADY BEEN..
IN THE NEW TESTAMENT GOD HAS CHANGE IN HIS STAND AGAINST SIN,,
ONLY HE IS DEALING WITH IT DIFFERENTLY...
GIVING US GRACE, INSTEAD OF THE LAW..
You forgot to add.....

"and one does not need to beleive in all of what Jesus taught."

Albuquerque, NM

#483925 Oct 21, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
YES, I questioned my Protestant faith and (left it) to become a Catholic, in the FULLNESS of the faith and the TRUTH (as I see it)!! My Protestant (brothers and sisters in Christ) respect my decision and don't "attack" my Catholic Faith. We can converse "harmoniously" with the same respect that each of us have, as we grow in our faith in Jesus Christ from "where we a led and where we are planted"!
NOT SO with this group of anti-catholic "fundies" on this forum, beginning with Confrinting, Oxbow, justachristian, New Age and the rest of them..... I personally believe"all" bible only Protestants to be Christian, however----their opinion of us Catholics is that we are NOT Christian and that the Catholic Church is from Satan!! If think for one minute I am going to "sit idly and passively" by and listen to these anti-catholic (bigoted) BS'ers rip the Catholic Church and attack our Personal faith in Jesus Christ----you Michael are "sadly mistaken!!
FINALLY!!

Giving me credit for my posts.

THANK YOU HOJO!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!

*hug*

I love you.

:o)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Rosa_Winkel 796,136
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min WasteWater 267,530
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 31 min Tony17 5,430
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 33 min truth 607,248
Why do blacks name their children ridiculous na... (Sep '08) 47 min Blond blue 225
Bush, First Lady Lay Wreaths At Ground Zero (Sep '06) 59 min swedenforever 63
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ruby88 53,284
Scientific proof for God's existence 2 hr Make World peace ... 607
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 hr AN NFL FAN 120,750
More from around the web