Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646754 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#484162 Oct 22, 2013
SO NOW AS CHRISTIANS TODAY

we,have mentioned two groups,of people who need our prayers ..

Young girls,and women in crisis,pregnancy .That they find comfort and support ...not condemnation and decide for life of their unborn

And for the spiritual healing of those who have aborted

...And let's include Women ..And teens,raped..by those they know or don't ..more evil

Young children RAPED by ANY ONE ..But especially by those they trust

May the,Father shine His face upon them ..May they find Peace in His love ..in Jesus name ..Amen
Judy

London, Canada

#484163 Oct 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Not only did they fail Catholics, they failed society in general. Thankfully it was a low percentage who did it.
You were doing good there Liam until you said: "Thankfully it was a low percentage who did it."

It's sad that you believe it was low percentage. Many documents were destroyed, victims were kept silent by fear tactics and don't forget about those endless amount of papers and documents that were shipped to the Vatican to be kept away from the public and away from the law.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#484164 Oct 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>a low percentage?
a few months ago, I posted about the freaks that serve your church in Minneapolis, and it was more than just a few, wasn't it. AND THAT IS ONLY IN ONE CITY. In our whole county of 35,000. there were more that a few who partied at the Good shepherd manor and gave several of the patients(mentally retarded at that)AIDS.
that is despicable and I dare say old husker du will not say a word about that.
Do you have any verifiable stats that say otherwise? No you don't because none exist. All you have is your bigoted perverse agenda. Reign your fellow fanatics in. They are all over the map on the teachings of the Lord.
Michael

Canada

#484165 Oct 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ started His Church with thieves, prostitutes and murderers. What's your point? Are you saying the Catholic Church couldn't be the true one because it has sinners??
Maybe you should read your Bible again. Use a pink highlighter so it won't be confused with the yellow.
Liam (Clay) says.........Christ started His Church with thieves, prostitutes and murderers.

Michael says. I'll bet you do not associate with one thief, prostitute, or murderer.

Whats your point?
Judy

London, Canada

#484166 Oct 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
this is why protestant theology has ruined this country. It ushered in the sexual revolution, feminism and divorce. It started with abandoning your stance on contraception throughout Protestantism in the 30's.
The Pope condemned contraception because we humans aren't the architects of life. Therefore we have no business purposely blocking it.
He also warned that contraception would lead into promiscuity and recreational sex, yrs before it actually happened.
You protesters knew better than him though. He's the anti Christ...You have your bible, you're saved. The Holy Spirit is guiding you all to truth.
Your attitude about the female gender stinks just like those who follow your line of reason.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484167 Oct 22, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>a low percentage?
a few months ago, I posted about the freaks that serve your church in Minneapolis, and it was more than just a few, wasn't it. AND THAT IS ONLY IN ONE CITY. In our whole county of 35,000. there were more that a few who partied at the Good shepherd manor and gave several of the patients(mentally retarded at that)AIDS.
that is despicable and I dare say old husker du will not say a word about that.
The answer ..bring up Protestants whi likewise belong in Jail .
And God bless GRAHAMS grandson for tryin to root out this evil .
But if my neighbor is a thief ..dies that excuse my stealing ??

The Churches should all be in constant prayer for the victims ...
Michael

Canada

#484168 Oct 22, 2013
Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
You were doing good there Liam until you said: "Thankfully it was a low percentage who did it."
It's sad that you believe it was low percentage. Many documents were destroyed, victims were kept silent by fear tactics and don't forget about those endless amount of papers and documents that were shipped to the Vatican to be kept away from the public and away from the law.
What are you saying Judy that many of the catholic church leaders are bigger sinners than the ones they preach to?

The bishops who SYSTEMATICALLY shuffled these priests around in secrecy for centuries avoiding punishment, were just given new positions by Pope Benedict (emeritus) that these bishops are NOW in charge of blowing the whistle on priests found hurting a child, the same priests they covered up for in the first place.

UNBELIEVABLE!
Michael

Canada

#484169 Oct 22, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Shows you what hartred lies inside some people doesn't it.
Yes!

We shall know them by their deeds.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#484170 Oct 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions of possiblities. Your belief is just one of these theories.
Really????!!! Show me one hundred of these theories....
hojo

Chaska, MN

#484171 Oct 22, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO,
We ARE a member of the BODY OF CHRIST JESUS.....that is it!!!
Protestant bible only fundamentalists are members of a "rebellious and defiant" group of (wayword) Prodigal Son (anti-catholic) "half-truth, half-heresy (so-called) Christians. Protestism is "nothing more" than a hodge-podge of over 42,169 contradicting "relative truth" bible interpreters who have "appointed themselves" to re-write their own (editorialized) Fictitious Church History Stories of myths and legends and then mis-quote and mis-interpret the TRUE Interpretation of the bible that was given to them over 1700 years ago by the the Catholic Church and Early Church Fathers, who wrote the bible)......that is it!!!!..... Truth--you really need to cancel your subscription" to your 21st century bible only "fictitious" Church History Protestant "comic books" because they are corrupting and polluting your mind, heart and soul with lies and distortions of the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible!
Judy

London, Canada

#484172 Oct 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ started His Church with thieves, prostitutes and murderers. What's your point? Are you saying the Catholic Church couldn't be the true one because it has sinners??
Maybe you should read your Bible again. Use a pink highlighter so it won't be confused with the yellow.
The bible has too much violence and sexual stuff!
Michael

Canada

#484173 Oct 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, I forgot. The Bible just appeared out of nowhere. No Church compiled it. It just appeared.
in a sense yes! No one can verify who the actual writers were because there are no original manuscripts.(suspicious) Anyone could have written anything. The writings as we know them today were supposedly compiled before the end of the first century AD and mysteriously disappeared for nearly a century when they all miraculously appeared compiled at the same time on ONLY the doorstep of the catholic fathers and no one else in about 180 AD.

Where were all these writings for nearly 100 years? The early writings according to christians were inspired as the words of God, but when the catholic fathers re-edited them deleted what they didn't like and added what they did like re-inspiring them for a second time but re-edited.

....something is wrong!
UNBELIEVABLE!
Judy

London, Canada

#484174 Oct 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, my use or non use of contraception really doesn't matter to the truth.
In the past, I'm guilty of using contraception. I'm also guilty of a whole slew of other sins. Currently, for reasons that are none of your business, I am not still having children.
Liam you were not guilty of using contraception you were being just smart.

Location hidden

#484175 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did your deity come from ?
Do you clowns ever get tired of falling on your own swords ?
My nine year old jackass has never seen the inside of a classroom...has no idea what a university is...he is not educated...but he is not dumb...

If he could talk he could answer this question: And how did the universe get to be to have this force?

God did not come from...He always was...and will always be...

Location hidden

#484176 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did the buggers you eat come from ?
Why can you not answer my question??? "Where did this DNA come from that proved that Adam/Eve never were????"

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484177 Oct 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any verifiable stats that say otherwise? No you don't because none exist. All you have is your bigoted perverse agenda. Reign your fellow fanatics in. They are all over the map on the teachings of the Lord.
One lost soul is too many ...I'm sure most clergy would never imagine doing horrible sin ...BUT THE COVER UP...And the lack of outcry from
The people is,what gets,people upset ..
It's,not good that the,average Catholic who didn't know gets the bad name ..it's not fair .

But what did they do after it came out ...are there prayer efforts in the CHURCHES for the VICTIMS...I don't know .
If not ..what a great idea,at BIble study of from.the pulpit ???

My understanding is that most PROTESTANT churches can fire their pastor
..Catholics cannot ..
But SIN IS SIN. in any Church especially ..no excuses

One child hurt ..ONE LOST SOUL ..especially if it could be prevented ...one man having his,pleasure ....using no protection......then abandoning the woman or paying for her to have an Abortion ...is too many .

WE can maybe just pray on our own ..But what a great thing to get others to pray ...Not just for protecting the CHURCH...BUT FOR HE VICTIMS,

JUST a thought
Dan

Atlanta, GA

#484178 Oct 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was a priest/bishop in a diocese who had buggered a child, the rest of the priests in the diocese I am sure were well aware of it. They know everything about each other. All told to keep quiet and let it go.........and they complied fearing reprisal from their bishop.
We all has a duty to report a crime when it occurs. An adult male having oral sex with a minor is a felony crime, covering up such a crime is an obstruction of justice and a crime.
I am sure if I threw a tiny stone threw a church window, the priests/parishioners in that parish would have 9-1-1 on speed dial to have me arrested, but when their beloved priest committed disgusting crimes against children, the parishioners were SILENT and berated anyone making accusations! UNBELIEVABLE!
.....tell me what I posted is incorrect?
Your assumptions that every priest would know if one of their fellows had committed a sexual offense.

Thus, a lot of your post.
Michael

Canada

#484179 Oct 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Really????!!! Show me one hundred of these theories....
Can you verify this is the only universe? Can you give me evidence that no other life forms exist anywhere else? Can you tell me what Gods purpose was before mankind evolved?

two people you and me. Both different theories. Just 2 people, X's that by millions of people and you have many different theories of how came about.

over the history of mankind there have been many gods and goddesses worshipped, everyone claiming their god or goddess is the right god. Your God is just one in a long line of God theories.

.....silly question you ask.

Dan

Atlanta, GA

#484180 Oct 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
in a sense yes! No one can verify who the actual writers were because there are no original manuscripts.(suspicious) Anyone could have written anything. The writings as we know them today were supposedly compiled before the end of the first century AD and mysteriously disappeared for nearly a century when they all miraculously appeared compiled at the same time on ONLY the doorstep of the catholic fathers and no one else in about 180 AD.
Where were all these writings for nearly 100 years? The early writings according to christians were inspired as the words of God, but when the catholic fathers re-edited them deleted what they didn't like and added what they did like re-inspiring them for a second time but re-edited.
....something is wrong!
UNBELIEVABLE!
Um, if no one's seen the originals, as you put forth, then you'd have no earthly idea what would have been added or edited, as there's no original to compare it to.

Yeah, "something is wrong" all right. Your post here.
Judy

London, Canada

#484181 Oct 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, I forgot. The Bible just appeared out of nowhere. No Church compiled it. It just appeared.
The Bible didn't appear out of nowhere. It's men that put it together.
The big news about the Bible it was not written in English and many books were left out. Many words have different meaning in different languages, have different meanings throughout centuries and the words even have different meanings in the same language.

You can take any quote in the Bible and ten people will take it and explain it in different ways.
No wonder people's minds get so mixed up and cause so much trouble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 49,092
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 17 min ChristineM 445,730
A Dysfunctional Family can't lead America 20 min Mary Effing-Poppins 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 46 min The Hangman 971,755
Afe Babalola Admission list 2016\2017 sessio... 48 min franklinne 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 53 min andet1987 2,091
Babcock Admission list 2016\2017 session is ... 56 min franklinne 1
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 3 hr hungtexas69 24
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr RiccardoFire 44,707
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 hr Annaleigh 105,636
More from around the web