Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701828 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#484136 Oct 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Its very sad.
As you know 50 years ago and before if a young girl became pregnant more often than not their parents shipped the girl off to another city to live in secrecy and shame with some aunt or cousin because the parents were embarassed and didn't want the neighbors to know.
At least today there are safety nets available for some of these children, and the stigma of shame is not like it use to be.
Exactly right and back then it was usually a case if misplaced affection ..."true love"""..And children given for adoption ...so no one would find out ...thank God fir good parents giving those babies good homes ...But the sadness is,another tragedy for the teen ..

Now they go to parties and,HOOK UP ..multiple partners ..child FOOLISHNESS ..should a,reborn child suffer for this,...SHOUKD try foolish girl...live her life in guilt ...remorse ..sadness ..
If she aborts,her child ..some THINK her guilt SHOUKD be ADDED to ..
Never walking in ANYONE'S SHOES ...never knowing desperation...

. 50 plus,million abortions later ..it's,what's,seen as the easy way out...And yet it eats he souls of these women ...causing tem to ruin their lives ...I've seen this,first hand with a younger woman I know,....

An if you ever read any of these,websites ...the stories would break your heart ...

And they do no need to be shamed ..THEY need support ..these CRISIS CENTERS do good work..

I'm sorry if it's judged wrong but any information we can give to PREVENT these tragedy ...Well I'm all for it .

It's great if you grew,up in an insular world ..got married ..had kids .

BUT EVERYONE does not fit in that box ...it's,sad .. And proper education might just prevent a,soul being lost ...a baby's,death

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484137 Oct 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post!!
What was it you said earlier...I have three University degrees and hold a position as a college professor
Sure you are....
Professors can't be sarcastic ?

You are a clueless moron full of deciet.
I bet you are a Christian.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#484138 Oct 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The worst is the harm to the bodies mind and SOULS OF THE CHILDREN.
And a MAN OF GOD ..make a it worse ..And Church not supporting the family worse ..don't care WHICH CHURCH .
the damage to one, innocent SOUL is,far reaching ..they hate,God.who IS
Their FATHER ..not the Father in Church who hurt them .
Hose men should go to jail...should have been at least moved to a place where there,were no children ....And for the LIFE of me I cannot figure out why they did not ..burying hem in monasteries,would have been the,best cover up and May be saved the Boys AND THE PRIEST from the,FUTURE SIN ..THE bishop is,responsible o protect ALL SOULS from HE NEAR OCCASION TO SIN...
And if non Catholic Church ministers,are guilty ..lock them.up.also.
But hose,guys,don't have he hierarchy that is,supposed to be a check on the,priest ....And,able to cover these things up more effectively ...
OR STICK THEM IN MONASTERIES.
But Michael....those awful men....whatever their title ..Are not OUR REAL FATHER ...turning from he,ONLY REAL COMFORT ...leaves,that God sized hole empty ...And,searching for peace ...
GOD and now the world will deal with these perverted people .
I pray their victims,ate NOT LOST to HIS,LOVE and mercy ..
“He will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
Liam

Detroit, MI

#484139 Oct 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still having chilrden Clay?
That's not really any of your business. I'm a bit surprised you'd ask me that...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484140 Oct 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
When those simple truths of misconception and error are pointed out, more often than not, in intolerance of truth, the adherent becomes nasty and violent... rather than admit the truth of the "induced delusion".
That is what religion is for, isn't it ? Provide a haven for the ignorant, lazy, stupid and cowardly masses.
Michael

Canada

#484141 Oct 22, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The worst is the harm to the bodies mind and SOULS OF THE CHILDREN.
And a MAN OF GOD ..make a it worse ..And Church not supporting the family worse ..don't care WHICH CHURCH .
the damage to one, innocent SOUL is,far reaching ..they hate,God.who IS
Their FATHER ..not the Father in Church who hurt them .
Hose men should go to jail...should have been at least moved to a place where there,were no children ....And for the LIFE of me I cannot figure out why they did not ..burying hem in monasteries,would have been the,best cover up and May be saved the Boys AND THE PRIEST from the,FUTURE SIN ..THE bishop is,responsible o protect ALL SOULS from HE NEAR OCCASION TO SIN...
And if non Catholic Church ministers,are guilty ..lock them.up.also.
But hose,guys,don't have he hierarchy that is,supposed to be a check on the,priest ....And,able to cover these things up more effectively ...
OR STICK THEM IN MONASTERIES.
But Michael....those awful men....whatever their title ..Are not OUR REAL FATHER ...turning from he,ONLY REAL COMFORT ...leaves,that God sized hole empty ...And,searching for peace ...
GOD and now the world will deal with these perverted people .
I pray their victims,ate NOT LOST to HIS,LOVE and mercy ..
You speak from your heart and you get a bunch of negative judgies from the catholics, the ones who have been SILENT on this most serious issue.

....very sad!
Liam

Detroit, MI

#484142 Oct 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
And just think, you believe Christ started His church with these guys...lol
Christ started His Church with thieves, prostitutes and murderers. What's your point? Are you saying the Catholic Church couldn't be the true one because it has sinners??
Maybe you should read your Bible again. Use a pink highlighter so it won't be confused with the yellow.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#484143 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"I" before "E" except after "C" Mr Professor. rotflau!!!

And we wonder why are educational system is in chaos....

The folks teaching our kids can't remember what they learned in 4th grade.

Yeah..you're a teacher!! sure
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#484144 Oct 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not really any of your business. I'm a bit surprised you'd ask me that...
This is your post earlier: "The Pope condemned contraception because we humans aren't the architects of life. Therefore we have no business purposely blocking it".

So are you still having children? Must be if this is your stance?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#484145 Oct 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ started His Church with thieves, prostitutes and murderers. What's your point? Are you saying the Catholic Church couldn't be the true one because it has sinners??
Maybe you should read your Bible again. Use a pink highlighter so it won't be confused with the yellow.
Christ would not establish His church on sinners...yes that is what I'm saying.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484146 Oct 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
"I" before "E" except after "C" Mr Professor. rotflau!!!
And we wonder why are educational system is in chaos....
The folks teaching our kids can't remember what they learned in 4th grade.
Yeah..you're a teacher!! sure
I don't teach English.

Thanks for proving you are as deceitful as you are stupid.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484147 Oct 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
“He will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
In the Catholic CHurch we were taught TO AVOID THE NEAR OCCASION OF SIN..in other words avoid temptation .

I don't care,how,little,was,known about pedophilia in he forties and fifties ...any one with an OUNce of common sense would keep a,man accused of being wrong with a child AWAY from.CHILDREN ...even if they only considered the,priests,immortal soul...
And not the children's well being ..

It was stupid ...
Liam

Detroit, MI

#484148 Oct 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
This is your post earlier: "The Pope condemned contraception because we humans aren't the architects of life. Therefore we have no business purposely blocking it".
So are you still having children? Must be if this is your stance?
Again, my use or non use of contraception really doesn't matter to the truth.
In the past, I'm guilty of using contraception. I'm also guilty of a whole slew of other sins. Currently, for reasons that are none of your business, I am not still having children.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484149 Oct 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
That means all of Christianity is bullshit.

Agreed!
Liam

Detroit, MI

#484150 Oct 22, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Well, I don't believe Christ had much of a choice, since we're all sinners. Don't the born again fanatics sin?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#484151 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't teach English.
Thanks for proving you are as deceitful as you are stupid.
ROTFLAU!!!I don't teach English??? That's your excuse !!! lol

You have three University degrees...sure you do
You are a college professor....sure you are

**Hey dumb dumb, the next time you try to insult someone , make sure you have spell check on your computer...rotflau...priceless !!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#484152 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You have three University degrees
You are a college professor

**Hey dumb dumb, the next time you try to insult someone , make sure you have spell check on your computer...rotflau...priceless !!!!

Lets take a test dumb dumb..

How do you spell deceit?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#484153 Oct 22, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Well, I don't believe Christ had much of a choice, since we're all sinners. Don't the born again fanatics sin?
There is no earthly building called that is the true church...sorry
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#484154 Oct 22, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That means all of Christianity is bullshit.
Agreed!
You aren't getting upset are you little buddy?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484155 Oct 22, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak from your heart and you get a bunch of negative judgies from the catholics, the ones who have been SILENT on this most serious issue.
....very sad!
Michael..some folks can never put themselves in the shoes of anyone else ..that's,sad .

I cannot know the pain of an abused child ..But have had my own.

The sad thing for these children is the TRUST IN GOD they lost ..along with physical and mental anguish .

GOD DID NOT DO THIS ..JESUS WARNS ANYONE who turns,a child away from
HIM...of their terrible punishment .

Blaming our Father or His,Son ..who bled for us.....is,only allowing
The SIN in those men to triumph ...it's,all the work of the Evil One
Who wants all to perish away from God's,love .

Imagine how much He rejoices at every child in pain...who may never seek the gift of Grace ..He is victorious over these lost souls

AND SHOULD NOT BE ...

We need to pray for these children ..so hurt ..eh o can never trust in OUR LORD ..And if we know any tell tem How Jesus,WARNED SBOUT EVIL AGAINST CHILDREN.

WHAT happened to them was NOT in His,plan....But HE IS,OUR COMFORTER IN ALL PAIN WE HAVE SUFFERED AS CHILDREN OR ADULT...I know this,to be true .
GOD BLESS EVERY ONE OF THEM AND BRING THEM PEACE .

And the silly JUDGING icons,...from folks who cannot feel empathy ..
That is nonsense ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 10 min Richard The Lion... 81,012
O.J. Nicole & MARCUS: Fatal Attraction 20 min Doctor REALITY 9
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 39 min Sammy 448,429
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 48 min Sammy 223,326
should male cheerleaders wear cheerleading skir... (Mar '14) 2 hr Ryan 21
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Prince of Darkness 995,847
Democrats Are Communists, Believe Me 5 hr Prince of Darkness 2