Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646907 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#484018 Oct 21, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that example of Christian brainwashing.
"I said you are all Gods." - Psalm 82
I am a God, just like Jesus.
You are a disgrace to us.
Take it up with Jesus, not me. Thank you for the compliment.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#484019 Oct 21, 2013
That was a long post that didn;t even address the question.

WHERE DOES THE BIBLE SAY THAT THE BIBLE IS THE PERFECT WORD OF GOD ?

The truth is: NOWHERE!

The Bible did not exist when the books in it were written.

Thank you for proving your religion is that of liars, lunatics and morons.
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "The Bible does not say the infallible rule for the Christian is the Bible." End quote.
Since God is our Creator (Isaiah 40:28, "Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.), He is our authority
(Isaiah 43:15, "I am the LORD, your Holy One,
the Creator of Israel, your King."), and His Word is the final authority for humankind, and the only entirely trustworthy moral litmus test (1 John 2:5, "But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.). It explains life and death and gives us a clear understanding of right and wrong.
Not only profitable. No No. It, the Bible, every word of the Bible, is GOD BREATHED. As He breathed life into the dirt and created Adam so it is with the Bible. Every word in the Bible is by the inspiration of God. God breathed His word into the men who wrote it down and gave it to us.
Genesis 2:7, "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."
II Timothy 3:16-17, "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."
marge

Leesburg, GA

#484020 Oct 21, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible does not say the infallible rule for the Christian is the Bible. You say it, but the bible doesn't.
All scripture is profitable you say? I agree.
The Bible says Jesus is the Word so yes it is the 'rule'.

Compared to what the word of man?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484021 Oct 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it up with Jesus, not me. Thank you for the compliment.
I did. Jesus says you are following a false prophet.
truth

Perth, Australia

#484022 Oct 21, 2013
i don't see any reason how i personally let you down..

it is written
who choose

you choose that path not me

prove and choose who say that.. not me no

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#484023 Oct 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, you did the correct thing! You did the cvhristian thing! You showed LOVE AND COMPASSION to someone in need and you were trying to comfort them. YOU DID WHAT A TRUE CHRISTIAN WOULD DO AND I AM VERY PROUD TO HAVE YOU AS A FRIEND!! GOD SHINES HIS LIGHT ON THOSE THAT HEAR HIS WORDS!!! HOLD YOUR HEAD UP GIRL, YOU ARE BLESSED!!.....WE LOVE YOU!!!!
Thank you both .

Now I'm really crying ...stupid emotions,..

I can forgive ..I really want to ..the bad said to me ..about me ..I try to just not answer .

But hurting someone like that about something 30 years,ago that hurts her heart ...just turns ,people from Christ if it's,said by people who profess,love for Him ...

WE ARE SUPPOSED to show His love ...as best we can to those who are not believers,..I think any way ....thing us,I think the lady was,looking for answers,fir forgiveness,...And of course got justification
From the pro choice people ...And hatred FRom. A couple who say they are,followers amid the MOST FORGIVING OF ALL BEINGS,..

thanks,and I am trying very hard to pray for that forgiveness for we and myself for my anger
marge

Leesburg, GA

#484024 Oct 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "The Bible does not say the infallible rule for the Christian is the Bible." End quote.
Since God is our Creator (Isaiah 40:28, "Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.), He is our authority
the Creator of Israel, your King."), and His Word is the final authority for humankind, and the only entirely trustworthy moral litmus test (1 John 2:5, "But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.). It explains life and death and gives us a clear understanding of right and wrong.
Not only profitable. No No. It, the Bible, every word of the Bible, is GOD BREATHED. As He breathed life into the dirt and created Adam so it is with the Bible. Every word in the Bible is by the inspiration of God. God breathed His word into the men who wrote it down and gave it to us.
Genesis 2:7, "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."
II Timothy 3:16-17, "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."
AMEN

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#484025 Oct 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you both .
I can forgive ..I really want to ..the bad said to me ..about me ..I try to just not answer .
But hurting someone like that about something 30 years,ago that hurts her heart ...just turns ,people from Christ if it's,said by people who profess,love for Him ...
WE ARE SUPPOSED to show His love ...as best we can to those who are not believers,..I think any way ....thing us,I think the lady was,looking for answers,fir forgiveness,...And of course got justification
From the pro choice people ...And hatred FRom. A couple who say they are,followers amid the MOST FORGIVING OF ALL BEINGS,..
thanks,and I am trying very hard to pray for that forgiveness for we and myself for my anger
Anger drawsyou into sin and there are people here that love to do this in the name of their relgion...it takes a bigger person to walk away..GBu
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484026 Oct 21, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
That was a long post that didn;t even address the question.
WHERE DOES THE BIBLE SAY THAT THE BIBLE IS THE PERFECT WORD OF GOD ?
The truth is: NOWHERE!
The Bible did not exist when the books in it were written.
Thank you for proving your religion is that of liars, lunatics and morons.
<quoted text>
2 Samuel 22:31

31 “As for God, his way is perfect:
The Lord’s word is flawless;
he shields all who take refuge in him.

Jesus is perfect, therefore, the Word of God is perfect as Jesus is the Word of God which is perfect.

Troll on...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484027 Oct 21, 2013
Ephesians 4:31

31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484028 Oct 21, 2013
Ephesians 4:26

26 “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry,
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484029 Oct 21, 2013
Colossians 3:8

8 But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#484030 Oct 21, 2013
James 1:20

20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#484031 Oct 21, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you both .
don't pay any attention to this freak. just scroll past her posts and then you don't know what she says. those who love you could care less what she spouts, it all comes from her friend satan.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#484032 Oct 21, 2013
and if we will, none of us should answer her either and then RoS wont see her posts in our posts.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484033 Oct 21, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Anger drawsyou into sin and there are people here that love to do this in the name of their relgion...it takes a bigger person to walk away..GBu
Thanks,Sis,

I know...it's just not right to hurt people about what was,probably something haunting them ..for decades,
I pray she,finds Christian love in real life ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484034 Oct 21, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>don't pay any attention to this freak. just scroll past her posts and then you don't know what she says. those who love you could care less what she spouts, it all comes from her friend satan.
Thanks,Preston .

And,God BLESS you ..

I need to work on my heart on this,with God's,help.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#484035 Oct 21, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, none of those verses say the Bible is the infallible rule for the Christian.
I suppose you say the Bible interrupts itself too. Yet, you interpret it?

I think you suffer from acute Bible worship syndrome. The Bible has become your god.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#484036 Oct 21, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? " - Jesus
Agree ..And that is,one hard,thing at times.
JESUS is very wise, don't you think

“"None shall pass"”

There

#484037 Oct 21, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
...The Bible has become your god.
Nope. All they know of the Bible is what they were taught it allegedly says.

Same lies repeated for 1700 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min ATHEOI 49,388
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min here 281,284
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min New Age Spiritual... 971,795
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 23 min Swim 165
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 33 min Ann Bonney 53,830
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 44,720
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Lbj 105,677
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr ChristineM 445,751
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 7 hr patsy the shared ... 26
More from around the web