Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679024 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#483645 Oct 20, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
My Bible says in Luke 1:28 "Hail Mary, full of Grace".
Your KJV doesn't. Do you have any leaflets to explain this problem? I already know the truth, but I want to read the fundie explanation.
Clay...

NAB:
And coming to her, he said, "Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you."

NABre: And coming to her, he said, "Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you."

Douay-Rheims: And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Which version of the Catholic Bible are you reading???

Location hidden

#483647 Oct 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your writings tell me you are the devil(evil) incarnate.
You are the opposite of everything that Jesus ever taught.
Congratulations on showing it so well to everyone son.
Your father will be proud of you.
Carry on...
I did not refer to God Almighty as "god"...you did...your father is the devil..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#483648 Oct 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not refer to God Almighty as "god"...you did...your father is the devil..
Carry on ... It satisfies your hatred doesn't it bigot.
It just kills you that someone else may consider your deity lesser than the ALL doesn't it?
No...I do NOT believe in your deity, nor do I believe it is omnipotent by the very words in your book(written by men).
It is no wonder you christers fight like cats and dogs over nonsensical privy. One only needs to read your books to see why.
Are you going to have a "special" inquisition for me to satisfy your hatred?...or wasn't killing off most of my family(tree) enough for you?
Humans the like of you make me want to VOMIT!

Location hidden

#483649 Oct 20, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Catholic religion was founded by Christ for the bible tells me so!
Horsefeathers!!!!

The Catholic denomination is the largest in the USA..Christ built no such...

Proof from Scripture...none of the seven churches He referred to in Rev were Catholic....because they did not exist!!!!

Location hidden

#483650 Oct 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Carry on ... It satisfies your hatred doesn't it bigot.
It just kills you that someone else may consider your deity lesser than the ALL doesn't it?
No...I do NOT believe in your deity, nor do I believe it is omnipotent by the very words in your book(written by men).
It is no wonder you christers fight like cats and dogs over nonsensical privy. One only needs to read your books to see why.
Are you going to have a "special" inquisition for me to satisfy your hatred?...or wasn't killing off most of my family(tree) enough for you?
Humans the like of you make me want to VOMIT!
Spoken like the true son of the devil....

I would lay odds that you have at least one uncle that was a monkey...

Location hidden

#483651 Oct 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are showing the limitations of your mental intellect.

Like I said...show everyone here your hatred and bigotry, and how opposite you are to Jesus teachings...you are doing a terrific job.

Carry on bigot.
Michael

Canada

#483652 Oct 20, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
While your old parish shrunk, other parishes throughout the world multiplied ten fold. The change in you Parish reflects a new materialistic secular world that much of Europe and Canada has embraced. Now, it'll probably take a famine to wake everyone up. Sadly.
Worldwide there might be more catholics (mostly because of family indoctrination) but the most important factor is that fewer catholics today are practicing their faith.

Catholicism today is growing quickly in poor uneducated continents like Africa/Asia, but in the western world practicing catholics is disappearing.

1965 there were 180,000 nuns in america.

2012 less than 57,000 nuns in america (average age 70)

1965 48,000 priests in america.

2012 37,500 priests in america and MOST new priests in america are imported from other countries.

Yes, catholicism is growing in far away places where education is limited but is dropping in educated countries especially western europe, Germany, France, Italy, Ireland etc.

I am not knocking any religion, but just bring information.
Michael

Canada

#483653 Oct 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
More insults and name calling. Doesn't sound very christian to me, but you do fit the pattern of many of the posters on this forum.

Why do you get so upset when someone calls you out? Do you react the same way at work?

What happened to "love thy neighbor as thy self" what about "we forgive those that trespass against us"

UNBELIEVABLE!
Michael

Canada

#483654 Oct 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are showing the limitations of your mental intellect.
Like I said...show everyone here your hatred and bigotry, and how opposite you are to Jesus teachings...you are doing a terrific job.
Carry on bigot.
You both need a time out.
Michael

Canada

#483655 Oct 20, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow says........I would lay odds that you have at least one uncle that was a monkey.

Michael says........I am sure if you could go back far enough in your own families history you would find knuckle dragging was common, and a chimp or two that called themselves oxbow.

...lighten up a little!

Sick

Oklahoma City, OK

#483656 Oct 20, 2013
It's Not A church It Is A cult Ran By Satan The roman catholick church Is Nothing but Evil.Liars.

They Added to and took from the Scripture.
They Hid the true name of my Father Yahweh Helped to Make him a so called god.
Yahweh Is not A god.What part of this do you not understand they changed his name

the roman catholick church changed the Sabbath
changed the feast days for pagan holidays.
And Has Deceived the world.

To Me It Is Nothing but evil.And if you partake in this church you are guilty of the churches crimes.

And you are brainwashed.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#483657 Oct 20, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Catholic religion was founded by Christ for the bible tells me so!
Please provide the verse where in the Bible I may find this.

Location hidden

#483658 Oct 20, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You both need a time out.
Heh heh heh...I don't need a time out.I said something decent and supportive to a christian as a fellow human being that the oxblow doesn't like, and here comes the agitation and defamation.
I will NOT tolerate it.
I have been in the process of letting(helping) the varmint show his true colors...and he is doing a terrific job of it all...So be it.

But...Thanks for your concern Michael.

Location hidden

#483659 Oct 20, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw Thomas, I don't believe fear brings people to Christianity, but fear is definitely behind your reasons for lashing out at the Catholic Church. If your former church wasn't a thorn in your conscience, you would bother coming on here would ya?
I'm telling you, atheist are not secure in their belief. That's why they are arrogant pricks and they lash out at something that's supposedly isn't real.
oh oh.. you said a cuss word!

Location hidden

#483660 Oct 20, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
More insults and name calling. Doesn't sound very christian to me, but you do fit the pattern of many of the posters on this forum.
Why do you get so upset when someone calls you out? Do you react the same way at work?
What happened to "love thy neighbor as thy self" what about "we forgive those that trespass against us"
UNBELIEVABLE!
He trespassed not against me..but against God...that is my reason for calling him what he is...

What if I had called him a viper instead of the devil's son?? Would that have filled the bill??

Location hidden

#483661 Oct 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your writings tell me you are the devil(evil) incarnate.
You are the opposite of everything that Jesus ever taught.
Congratulations on showing it so well to everyone son.
Your father will be proud of you.
Carry on...
Go hiss somewhere else...

Location hidden

#483662 Oct 20, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
UNBELIEVABLE!
Miguel Miguel mama mia...lol...I can not love my neighbor as my self,he is a huge hairy man that never shuts up. Ask Nickie..

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#483663 Oct 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh heh heh...I don't need a time out.I said something decent and supportive to a christian as a fellow human being that the oxblow doesn't like, and here comes the agitation and defamation.
I will NOT tolerate it.
I have been in the process of letting(helping) the varmint show his true colors...and he is doing a terrific job of it all...So be it.
But...Thanks for your concern Michael.
As far as I am concerned you contribute much to this forum. Your point are articulate and logical. Ignore him.

Location hidden

#483664 Oct 20, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow says........I would lay odds that you have at least one uncle that was a monkey.
Michael says........I am sure if you could go back far enough in your own families history you would find knuckle dragging was common, and a chimp or two that called themselves oxbow.
...lighten up a little!
Christians do not believe that they are here today because of evolution that started from nothing...

Now we know where you are coming from...

Location hidden

#483665 Oct 20, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Please provide the verse where in the Bible I may find this.
Ya gotta have the magic mirror or decoder ring for that. The cathaholics were having a sale on them, but it might have terminated.
All that was required was that you give up your intelligence and soul ...oh and your money... and/or hunt and torture pagans to the death.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min RiversideRedneck 2,563
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min RiversideRedneck 119,101
I want my BF to have sex with another girl (Jan '13) 2 hr Freaky2 41
Adult dating minors (Mar '09) 4 hr 17_y-o_older_sister 27
Who's the best fighter: Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee,... (Jan '08) 4 hr hideous 583
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 6 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 28
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
More from around the web