Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603174 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Chicago, IL

#483250 Oct 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But wouldn't that be someplace in all those,books,
We visited he,Lords mother and gained great wisdom.etc.
As I say ..She was holy..was blessed ..was honored ...And by her words
Saved ..And,suffered great when her Son was killed ..
I'm sure,she,was,among the disciples,...And I like to believe may have not had a,painful death ..
But some of this,dogma,came only by fiat ..we don't know .
I.hope to some day ..in a,lot of things,
I'm sure if the Apostles would have foresaw the chaos that would ensue once their writings were published, they would have took the time to dot every I and cross every T. Imo.
They didn't even know they were writing a Bible. They established a Church like the Lord commanded. Yes they were warned of wolves and strange gospels. But 45,000 tearing apart every little sentence they penned?? No way could they have envisioned such a thing. I've heard people argue about one word in one verse, in one chapter of one book, in one of the Apostles letters. You've got to be out of your mind if you think this is how the Lord willed for truth to be conveyed. Yes we Catholics call the scriptures the word of God, and it definitely is. But every little punctuation mark?? God didn't tell them word for word what to pen. That's why I say, the evangelical approach to scripture is flawed from the get go.
truth

Perth, Australia

#483251 Oct 18, 2013
no confe..then you are not confident when you say don't you..or i am right or wrong..

Did you hear what Jesus say?
or
What real holy scripture explain.
What Holy scripture explain how many times you transform into what how suit someone about what?

There its writing;''how many prophets you rest prosecuted and killed?
Why?
TRANSFORM SOMETHING INTO WHAT..

MANY MANY MANY WILL COME IN MY NAME ITS NOT ME
PRETENDERS DECEIVERS AND POSSESSORS..

BY CONFE

Is sin love animals?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#483252 Oct 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the Catholic Church doesn't say the Assumption of Mary is in the bible. Adding to the bible would be like saying the bible says "faith alone", or "bible alone".

----------
Rom 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

...by the Word of God...AND...?(nothing else)

Sounds like Sola Scripture...

I challenge you to do a study on faith scriptures. Faith is a gift of God. Scripture declares that 'the just shall LIVE by faith'. Jesus was appalled at the lack of faith, even in His disciples. He was astounded at the faith of the Centurion, saying that He had not found such faith in Israel.

'Faith with out works is dead', means simply that IF you truly have faith, it will be revealed/proven by your deeds.

KayMarie

Since: Oct 13

Hanoi, Vietnam

#483253 Oct 18, 2013
I love games web hopy,yepi you've tried before? i think it will make you satisfied day thank you very much

Since: Oct 13

Hanoi, Vietnam

#483254 Oct 18, 2013
I love games web hopy,yepi you've tried before? i think it will make you satisfied day thank you very much
http://hopy-1.hopyplay.com http://www.yepi1.net

#483255 Oct 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Assumption does not "conflict" with the bible, clearly others were taken up as well. That was my point. But no celestial bodies are made of green cheese so you're comparison doesn't hold water. Sorry confrint.
Sorry Anthony

YOU WROTE

you're comparison doesn't hold water.
____

Vessels hold water .... comparisons don't ....

some vessels sit in/on the water..

but adding to God's word and creating a myth is a lie against God.

Pro 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Rev_21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and

--> all liars,<===

shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
marge

Ames, IA

#483256 Oct 18, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>----------
"even though Jesus kept God's word that no graven image should be made of God or worshiped upon as God"
But Jesus was/is the image of God.
John 14
8 Philip said,“Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”
9 Jesus answered:“Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.
Yes but today we don't worship Jesus in the flesh for He is in heaven.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#483257 Oct 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
...and you find the need to change your name. Why?
Doesn't matter. You can play whomever you choose.
"Somebody has to be infallible when discerning the teachings of Jesus Christ, right?"
- Yes - I asked where "God" - the only infallible being I know of - and where "He" stated such.
So far, Dan admitted that there isn't any, which I agree with. It also shows support that any biblical texts written is also "inspired".
Do you have something other than an agreement that all texts are inspired?
<quoted text>
It exists. Therefore it is authentic.
You stated:
"As far as I know, there is no proof that the gnostic gospel of Thomas is authentic."
- sounds like you have limited your own Self in doing proper research on the topic.
There is plenty of agreement that 2 Timothy is not by "Paul", but yet you accept it to be "Paul".
There is plenty of agreement that Luke, a 3rd generation disciple, wrote decades after Jesus died, and you accept him as "gospel" writer, when clearly Thomas is older than Luke.
"Paul" is only an Apostle in his eyes - based upon a vision. Yet you think he is more enlightened than Jesus.
Just further evidence that Christianity is an incomplete and contradictory belief when they say "We follow Jesus".
Would you like some ketchup with your bologna?
I've change my name a couple times on here. Maybe next it'll be Liam Cowboy.
Liam is my real name. Or William or Bill ..
Who cares?

Again, Jesus Christ set up a Church that He promised the gates of Hell would never prevail against. This Church HAS to be infallible when it comes to His teachings. Otherwise He's either a lunatic or a liar.(I think CS said that)

#483258 Oct 18, 2013
who="Liam " <quoted text>
I'm sure if the Apostles would have foresaw the chaos that would ensue once their writings were published, they would have took the time to dot every I and cross every T. Imo.
They didn't even know they were writing a Bible. They established a Church like the Lord commanded. Yes they were warned of wolves and strange gospels. But 45,000 tearing apart every little sentence they penned?? No way could they have envisioned such a thing. I've heard people argue about one word in one verse, in one chapter of one book, in one of the Apostles letters. You've got to be out of your mind if you think this is how the Lord willed for truth to be conveyed. Yes we Catholics call the scriptures the word of God, and it definitely is. But every little punctuation mark?? God didn't tell them word for word what to pen. That's why I say, the evangelical approach to scripture is flawed from the get go.

----------
Question: If you can't trust 'every little punctuation mark' that the disciples WHO HEARD JESUS' TEACH USED,

Then, HOW CAN YOU TRUST THE PUNCTUATION MARKS OF ALL THOSE OTHER WRITERS, many of whom DID NOT hear Jesus ???

KayMarie
Liam

Chicago, IL

#483259 Oct 18, 2013
CS Lewis I meant.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#483260 Oct 18, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing, the apostles did not write these books. Not one gospel. I they had, the gospels would be narratives from eyewitness accounts. U know ,like, "I" did this, "I" said that, "I" heard this", "we" went there, "we" sat with him, I'm sure U catch my drift. The gospels are written as an outsider looking in. So when U said that the apostles didn't know that they were writing the books, no!, if they wrote them the narrative would be more 1st person.
marge

Ames, IA

#483261 Oct 18, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Great comeback, Sport. And now the Festivus wrestling match!!!!
would someone be crusin for a brusin:)
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#483262 Oct 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS NOT MENTIONED IN THE SCRIPTURES..
So WHERE in the Scriptures do you find the words "trinity or bible, bible only, Sola Scriptura, Apostles Creed, Nicene Creed, the Canon of Scripture, etc...... You, "fundies" keep insisting that the bible is ONE and ONLY (final authority ---and---that "everything" MUST be in the bible in order for it to be true"....... Not only does the Bible (NEVER) say that, the Bible tells us that the CHURCH is the FINAL AUTHORITY...... Paul says it in his letter to Timothy in I Timothy 3:15 where he calls "THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH"...... When there is a dispute, argument or disagreement, Paul says to "take it to the Church" (not the bible)........ You keep operating under a "false presupposition" (a premise you cannot prove) that (everything) MUST be in the Scriptures in order for it to be true! YET---the Scriptures (NEVER) says this nor does it ever teach such a thing!!!
marge

Ames, IA

#483263 Oct 18, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares?
Again, Jesus Christ set up a Church that He promised the gates of Hell would never prevail against. This Church HAS to be infallible when it comes to His teachings. Otherwise He's either a lunatic or a liar.(I think CS said that)
It would help your cause if your limited your teachings to what can be verified in the Bible.

From the outside it looks like you have been prevailed upon.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#483264 Oct 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the Catholic Church doesn't say the Assumption of Mary is in the bible. Adding to the bible would be like saying the bible says "faith alone", or "bible alone".
----------
Rom 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
...by the Word of God...AND...?(nothing else)
Sounds like Sola Scripture...
I challenge you to do a study on faith scriptures. Faith is a gift of God. Scripture declares that 'the just shall LIVE by faith'. Jesus was appalled at the lack of faith, even in His disciples. He was astounded at the faith of the Centurion, saying that He had not found such faith in Israel.
'Faith with out works is dead', means simply that IF you truly have faith, it will be revealed/proven by your deeds.
KayMarie
The Word of God is not the bible alone. Faith comes by hearing and not by reading and making private judgement of the meaning of scripture alone.
truth

Perth, Australia

#483265 Oct 18, 2013
budite mu slicni u svemu=Jesus word
budite mu slicni u svemu=to be as jesus discipline himself
nemoj biti zlopamtilo=don't remember on evil way

jesus turn face spit spit over me mr or mrs zlopamtilo..
as good seed and bad seed
we call plase zitomislich=zito=wheat bread mislich=thinker of bread as goodness
not to be and angry or hungry of anger
-zitomislic are near mostar
zito kao kruh=bread m o star

John;'i am bread truth and way'..
Thank God I am good thinker?
good seed and very bad seed..

ants work very hard and store seeds for winter time
beez work very hard and collect in spring from flowers..

but bad things coming from field as well gurdener
Who is owner?

Shepperd going with sheep and say here pasture is good green grass and panty water..
see psalm 23
be bless

Owner of land looking very good soil as well water too then say we going posses this field this land..we will grow up nice tree and bring plenty seeds for feed our life and our future..abundant life as well good workers.

Who have deep heart and mind who is good leader
search for that..who can sustain too?!

Holy scripture give warning who try ruin as well as very bad seed or how become overpower?

Holy scripture describe good mind too how became defended and sustain..it is written on the end you can lose what so ever you have trough weed seed.

We as Christians say ..we hold with Cross INRI..in all hardship rejection and so on.

Holy scripture give warning about darkness;'don't sleep budite budni..not overcome with sleep'.

Divine warning..yee
Why you accuse rest prosecuted and kill many prophets..
who..who don't liked know what someone prepeare..

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

''Everything will past my words not''..

Jesus Christ

#483266 Oct 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>

Jesus told the devil ....

Mat_4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone,

but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Luk_4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone,

but by every word of God.

(I will say it to you that sides with the devil...)

and dispute what Jesus said,....

your fables and myths did not come from the mouth of God

Anthony MN wrote:
No, the Catholic Church doesn't say the Assumption of Mary is in the bible.

question
Whey do you propagate a lie That God has not spoken forth..( that did not proceed from GOD'S MOUTH.)..

and teach it as a doctrine..a lie that has deceived

MILLIONS OF innocent souls to believe that Mary is the

queen of heaven and baited them into worshiping her .

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#483267 Oct 18, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares?
So what is it about Revelation that says that the kingdom of the Lord shall reign in the last days?! I mean, is the entire book wrong or were the writers just confused about which kingdom shall come and when?! Still everyone is claiming that the Catholic church is the church set up by Jesus but no one has yet given an accurate description in scripture that nods towards this. Not anyone!! But yet U still contend and defend that Jesus set up the Catholic church, even against all evidence in scripture and history that points in another direction. Hmmm!!
marge

Ames, IA

#483268 Oct 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God is not the bible alone. Faith comes by hearing and not by reading and making private judgement of the meaning of scripture alone.
Hearing what?

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#483269 Oct 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Sorry Anthony
YOU WROTE
you're comparison doesn't hold water.
____
Vessels hold water .... comparisons don't ....
some vessels sit in/on the water..
but adding to God's word and creating a myth is a lie against God.
Pro 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
Rev_21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and
--> all liars,<===
shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
God's Word is not limited to ink and paper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Catcher1 878,164
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 20 min Ann Bonney 53,488
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 22 min 24yearold 561
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 23 min Neville Thompson 41,131
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 26 min sangili karuppan 7,623
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... (Feb '15) 28 min Neville Thompson 994
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min Neville Thompson 272,828
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Darwins Stepchild 177,849
The Christian Atheist debate 7 hr too lazy to log in 3,794
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 hr dollarsbill 7,967
More from around the web