Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687432 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#483527 Oct 19, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are embarrassing yourself!
He never said to pray on a public forum either and people do it all the time .[lol]
Mt 6:6
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Blessed Mother Mary’s part…. was a very important part in Christianity, Blessed Mother brought JESUS to US to save us.
"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you" (Lk 1:28)
"Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb"
(Lk 1:42).
LK 1:43 43 Elizabeth said….
“And how does this happen to me, that the Mother of my LORD should come to me?
THE ANGELUS
The Angel of the Lord declared to Mary:
And she conceived of the Holy Spirit. Lk 1:19,Mt 1, Lk 1:35
Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy WORD.
LK 1:38
And the Word was made Flesh: And dwelt among us. John 1:14
Mary is honored, NOT worshiped as we worship JESUS only!!!!!
So those folks,on thE beach ..the,ones in parades,following statues ..are,praying quietly in their closets????..

CATHOLics pray in public all the TIme....so why laugh or say we,should quoting scripture ..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#483528 Oct 19, 2013
who="Regina" <quoted text>
I agree, Kay. You and I briefly touched on this in the past. I used to doubt that it would be in our lifetime, but I'm doubting less and less these days.

----------
Thank you, Regina. Hopefully, all of us can comfort each other as brothers and sisters in the Lord...NOW, AND when that day comes.

I noted that a CC priest was threatened with arrest if he said mass to his group during the gov. shutdown. Protestants are also being arrested for foolish things. The American Family Association is being accused of being a terrorist group...as is the Tea Party!

Blessings,
KayMarie

#483529 Oct 19, 2013
who="Hermeneutics Smutics" <quoted text> Christ is the Alpha and the Omega. I believe that a person can be Born Again outside any Church.You can find sites with my Church holding various opinions on this from yes to no to I dont know. believe fully in the Born Again experience.It makes me no less Orthodox.

----------
Beings born again births us into the family of God...THE CHURCH...no matter what name is on the church we attend. As we continue to trust Him, He will correct us when we need it.

We can encourage one another...but we cannot FORCE anyone to change their mind. If we love and pray for each other, HE can guide us to Truth.

KayMarie

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#483530 Oct 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Hermeneutics Smutics" <quoted text> Christ is the Alpha and the Omega. I believe that a person can be Born Again outside any Church.You can find sites with my Church holding various opinions on this from yes to no to I dont know. believe fully in the Born Again experience.It makes me no less Orthodox.
----------
Beings born again births us into the family of God...THE CHURCH...no matter what name is on the church we attend. As we continue to trust Him, He will correct us when we need it.
We can encourage one another...but we cannot FORCE anyone to change their mind. If we love and pray for each other, HE can guide us to Truth.
KayMarie
Amen Kay and thanks for last night's post ..I prayed after that ..

Then found this ..And a few o her thing to answer Liam on his,
Statements regarding authorship

http://coldcasechristianity.com/2013/how-coul...

#483531 Oct 19, 2013
who="StarC" <quoted text>
Then who did find your church? You said you were pentecostal.
Regarding judging, sounds good to me. But first be sure you tell you husband not to judge either. Tell Gif to stop posting like this [see below] also. He is the most arrogant bigot on these threads.
And he may not know this….. The majority of the lawmakers are protestant. Maybe you all can pick up the tab.

----------
Star...I'm sure you know that we are individuals. My husband makes his own posts, and...like everyone else...he expresses his mind.

There are many Pentecostal churches. As a matter of fact...Jesus started the Pentecostal movement when He told the Apostles to wait for the Holy Ghost power before they began the ministry He gave them.

That move has been refreshed many times since the day of Pentecost. It showed up in Catholic groups in the early 1970's.

There have been many men and women who have fallen short of the life they should have lived...this happens in all churches. The CC is having problems. We should not shame the gospel because of the failure of any person. "The reproaches of them that reproached thee, fell on Me." Psalm 69:9 Church gossip always hurts the CHURCH/JESUS.

Condemnation is of the devil. Jesus is merciful, and the Prodigal Sons of the church will be forgiven and cleansed when they turn to Him in repentance.

Who knows...if we are more forgiving, we might just bring some of them back to Him.(The Samaritan man rescued a Jew who had fallen...with some help...into the 'gutter'.:)

KayMarie

#483532 Oct 19, 2013
who="HuskerDu" <quoted text> When you die, you spiritually live.... you are reborn into eternity forever 33.

----------
In that case, everyone would go to heaven when they die.
Nicodemus asked Jesus 'what must I do to inherit eternal life'? Jesus told him that 'you MUST be born AGAIN.'

When one comes to Jesus in repentance, believing that Jesus' sacrifice will save him, he/she becomes a new creature...born again.

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, HE IS A NEW CREATURE: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

KayMarie

#483533 Oct 19, 2013
who="HuskerDu" IF SOMEONE SAYS PRAYING TO MARY IS NOT IN THE BIBLE;
They must be reading comic books for Bibles.........
HAIL MARY FULL OF GRACE THE LORD IS WITH YOU
Luke 1:28 "And coming to her, he said, "Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you."
BLESSED ART THOU AMONGST WOMAN
Luke 1:41-42a "When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the holy Spirit, cried out in a loud voice and said, "Most blessed are you among women..."
Luke 1:48 "For he has looked upon his handmaid's lowliness; behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed."
BLESSED IS THE FRUIT OF YOUR WOMB JESUS
Luke 1:42b "and blessed is the fruit of your womb."
Jesus is Mary's fruit. Good fruit does not come from anything but a good tree (Mt. 7:17-18)! The all-holy Son of God could not be the fruit of any other tree than the Immaculate Virgin.
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD
Luke 1:43 "And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
PRAY FOR US SINNERS NOW AND AT THE HOUR OF OUR DEATH AMEN
Luke 2:35 "...and you yourself a sword will pierce so that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed."
John 2:5 "His mother said to the servers, "Do whatever he tells you."
Mary sees a need and appeals to Her Son to satisfy it. He does. We turn to Mary to ask her to intercede with her Son in our daily spiritual and material needs, but especially at the hour of our death. At that moment our salvation hangs in the balance as the devil makes his final foray to deter us from the path to God (Rev. 2:10). It is not surprising, therefore, that both the Hail Mary and the Our Father conclude with an appeal to be delivered from the evil one.
So next time someone asks you why you pray to Mary ask them why don't they pray to Mary?

----------

MARY WASN'T DEAD. Gabriel was not praying to her. He brought her a message. Elizabeth was not praying to her. She was prophesying to her.

KayMarie

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#483534 Oct 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="HuskerDu" IF SOMEONE SAYS PRAYING TO MARY IS NOT IN THE BIBLE;
Luke 1:28 "And coming to her, he said, "Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you."
Luke 1:41-42a "When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the holy Spirit, cried out in a loud voice and said, "Most blessed are you among women..."
Luke 1:48 "For he has looked upon his handmaid's lowliness; behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed."
Jesus is Mary's fruit. Good fruit does not come from anything but a good tree (Mt. 7:17-18)! The all-holy Son of God could not be the fruit of any other tree than the Immaculate Virgin.
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD
Luke 1:43 "And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
Luke 2:35 "...and you yourself a sword will pierce so that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed."
Mary sees a need and appeals to Her Son to satisfy it. He does. We turn to Mary to ask her to intercede with her Son in our daily spiritual and material needs, but especially at the hour of our death. At that moment our salvation hangs in the balance as the devil makes his final foray to deter us from the path to God (Rev. 2:10). It is not surprising, therefore, that both the Hail Mary and the Our Father conclude with an appeal to be delivered from the evil one.
So next time someone asks you why you pray to Mary ask them why don't they pray to Mary?
----------
MARY WASN'T DEAD. Gabriel was not praying to her. He brought her a message. Elizabeth was not praying to her. She was prophesying to her.
KayMarie
in the Bible , we find that the word [hail] is a greeting to mary from the angel and here is a description of this word.

Hail | Define Hail at Dictionary.com
dictionary.reference.com/browse/hail Cached
verb (used with object) 1. to cheer, salute, or greet; welcome. 2. to acclaim; approve enthusiastically: The crowds hailed the conquerors. They hailed the recent ...

there is no evidence that the angel is praying to mary, something that would have destroyed him at once to pray to any human since they are lower than the angels.

common sense needs to prevail and this husky doesn't posses any.IMO

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#483535 Oct 19, 2013
In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spiritcy

Father,
Your Name is Holy.Peace. Love. Purity. Compassion. Mercy.

Your Son suffered unspeakably so that we may know you and fulfill your purpose that we become the Image of You and your Son.

Yet here Your Son's Name has become a battleground.

We know that all the knowledge in the world is nothing without Your Wisdom.

Please grace us with Your Mercy and Wisdom that, in this forum we may not draw further from each other, but closer to You.

We ask this in Jesus Our Savior's Name

Amen

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#483536 Oct 19, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spiritcy
Father,
Your Name is Holy.Peace. Love. Purity. Compassion. Mercy.
Your Son suffered unspeakably so that we may know you and fulfill your purpose that we become the Image of You and your Son.
Yet here Your Son's Name has become a battleground.
We know that all the knowledge in the world is nothing without Your Wisdom.
Please grace us with Your Mercy and Wisdom that, in this forum we may not draw further from each other, but closer to You.
We ask this in Jesus Our Savior's Name
Amen
In Jesus name ..Amen
truth

Australia

#483537 Oct 19, 2013
it is written
you not love me and not honor me

its lips

n
truth

Australia

#483538 Oct 19, 2013
smooth skin is part of design..its going come much more worse..
light
i see what i have to see
open wounds they liked died but can't..
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#483539 Oct 19, 2013
[QUOTE who="confrinting with the word"
----------
KayMarie[/QUOTE]

I agree! Glad to have you back after your illness KayMarie!
Gods blessing to you and your family!

Location hidden

#483540 Oct 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It just flew right over your head, Ox....
The Lordship of Jesus Christ is BUILT on this foundational truth: Jesus is God.
Long ago God spoke to the fathers by the prophets at different times and in different ways.
In these last days, He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things and through whom He made the universe.
He is the radiance of His glory, the exact expression of His nature, and He sustains all things by His powerful word.
After making purification for sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.
So say born again Christians and the catlicks:

The Council of Chalcedon in 451 brought to the climax the long debates about the make-up of Jesus: He is one Person, a Divine Person, having two natures, divine and human, in such a way that these two natures remain distinct after the union in the one Person. We call this union "hypostatic union" from the Greek "hypostasis" which means person - two natures joined in one Person.

His human nature is the same as ours, for he had a human body and a human soul. He was like us in all things except that He was without sin, even though He was tempted as we are (Hebrews 4:15). However, this does not mean that He had within Him disorderly passions. The Second Council of Constantinople in 553 defined this truth against "impious Theodore of Mopsuestia".

His divine nature is the same as that of the Father. The Council of Nicea in 325 defined that He is "one in substance [homoousios] with the Father".

Repeat: His divine nature is the same as that of the Father.

Location hidden

#483541 Oct 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great:
He (GOD) appeared in the flesh,(JESUS)
was vindicated by the Spirit,
was seen by angels,
was preached among the nations,
was believed on in the world,
was taken up in glory.
GOD appeared in the flesh (JESUS)....
Your prating proves my words: You have been sold a defective Bible...it contradicts itself...get a refund...

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Location hidden

#483542 Oct 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes---the Catholic Church, the Church that Jesus Christ HIMSELF, formed, authenticated and initiated!!! The only Church that was around, referred to in the Acts 2 with Bishops, Priests, Elder and deacons, a heirarchical, authoritative, visible (Universal( Church
Say on!!!! You are saying the pope and Christ are liars....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#483543 Oct 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
So say born again Christians and the catlicks:
The Council of Chalcedon in 451 brought to the climax the long debates about the make-up of Jesus: He is one Person, a Divine Person, having two natures, divine and human, in such a way that these two natures remain distinct after the union in the one Person. We call this union "hypostatic union" from the Greek "hypostasis" which means person - two natures joined in one Person.
His human nature is the same as ours, for he had a human body and a human soul. He was like us in all things except that He was without sin, even though He was tempted as we are (Hebrews 4:15). However, this does not mean that He had within Him disorderly passions. The Second Council of Constantinople in 553 defined this truth against "impious Theodore of Mopsuestia".
His divine nature is the same as that of the Father. The Council of Nicea in 325 defined that He is "one in substance [homoousios] with the Father".
Homoousian is a technical theological term used in discussion of the Christian understanding of God as Trinity.

The Nicene Creed describes Jesus as being homooúsios with God the Father — that is, they are of the "same substance" and are equally God.

Location hidden

#483544 Oct 19, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>When you die, you spiritually live.... you are reborn into eternity forever 33.
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

It does not say: And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this you are reborn forever....

Location hidden

#483545 Oct 19, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
IF SOMEONE SAYS PRAYING TO MARY IS NOT IN THE BIBLE;
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD
There is no Scripture that teaches to pray to Mary...a dead man dubbed "saint"...the fence post....or the Pink Rabbit...

Christ prayed to His Father...not His mommie...

Christ taught for us to pray to our Father....not to our mommie...

Location hidden

#483546 Oct 19, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Homoousian is a technical theological term used in discussion of the Christian understanding of God as Trinity.
The Nicene Creed describes Jesus as being homooúsios with God the Father — that is, they are of the "same substance" and are equally God.

You deny the truth taught by Catholics...Scripture and the English dictionary...

Ho·mo·ou·si·an Christian supporting the Council of Nicaea's Trinitarian definition of Jesus the Son of God as consubstantial with God the Father.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 37 min another viewer 987,438
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Aura Mytha 31,641
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 hr Ricky F 39,265
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 2 hr Johnny 6
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 3 hr Johnny 32
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Tony 6,495
bathing nephew (Apr '16) 5 hr tom 5
More from around the web