Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
466,281 - 466,300 of 532,443 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You say there is no scripture for those things, but that doesn't mean there isn't. You don't get to decide those things, Chuck. Plus, are only using part of the word of God. You're eliminating the oral sacred traditions which support the written word of God. They flow together from the Church.
LIAM

CLAY?

Any way ..I grew up with prayers,to Mary and May think a,bit differently about her than some others .

Did she have other children ..assumed ..born sinless or cleansed at the time of Jesus conception. By the HOLY Spirit

..if God wills,we,will all find out someday .in all these mysteries

Any way SERIiouS,question

All the early writings that THE EARLY Church included in CONPILING what we know,as the bible .

If Christ said ...or the Apostles acted in such a way as,to not only respect and love Mary ..But to Hold her up for reverence and authority .
Why is,she not mention in Acts ..why is,she not mentioned as,being a,
Disciple .

Now,I'M sure she was a source of knowledge for those who.wrote the gospels ..But why not even mention that .

If she was part of their community and just disappeared ..raptured..took up ..ascended ..why is it not in their accounts .

I have to say the fAct that she is,NOT mentioned in these ways GIVES CREDENCE to the,scriptures ....

As,opposed to the basement monk ..who would have at some time in Chyr h history added words about Mary's role .

Thank God ...it's,not the case .

So I'm curious,if we were meant to use MARY ...blessed as she was..as our Mediator ..why did Jesus not say so ...he told us,ask the FATHER IN MY NAME.

this is,why protestants do mot understand Mariology .

Why wasn't MARY more prominent ..it even mentioned as a,source in Scripture ..??

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

give me a milligram of Christ's righteousness over 100 tons of filthy rags/self-righteousness/religi ous works - wasup 10/18/2013

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
The BIBLE says The just shall live by faith.
Rom_1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Gal_3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Heb_10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
THE FAITH THAT THE JUST SHOULD LIVE BY COMES FROM HEARING THE WORD OF GOD
Rom 10:17 So then -->faith<--
(FAITH DEFINED)
persuasion, that is, credence; moral conviction (of religious truth, or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher), especially reliance upon Christ for salvation; abstractly constancy in such profession; by extension the system of religious (Gospel) truth itself:- assurance, belief, believe, faith, fidelity.
cometh by -->hearing,<--..
(HEARING DEFINED (the act, the sense or the thing heard):- audience, ear, fame, which ye heard, hearing, preached, report, rumor.
and hearing by the -->word<--
(WORD DEFINED)
an utterance (individually, collectively or specifically); by implication a matter or topic (especially of narration, command or dispute); with a negative naught whatever:-+ evil,+ nothing, saying, word.
of -->God<--
(GOD DEFINED)
Of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with G3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively a magistrate; by Hebraism very:- X exceeding, God, god [-ly,-ward].
THOUGH IT WANTS THE WORLD TO BELIEVE IT IS
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS NOT A DEITY OR IS IT A
SUPREME DIVINITY..
IN NO WAY IS IT GODLY ...NOR DOES IT LEAD GOD-WARD...
IT ONLY DRAWS SOULS TO ITS GODLESS SELF...
IT MERCHANDISES THE SOULS OF MEN..
2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2Pe 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
NOTE
2Pe 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words
--> make merchandise of you:<--
whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
Spot on!:)

www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have "Jesus' description of God". That doesn't exist nor has it ever existed. No writings of Jesus have ever been known to exist.
We have Thomas' account of Jesus' description of God.
I'm sorry I'm popping your bubble here, but you're asking me if I believe Thomas.
Jesus is prety explicit here about who "God" is:

(61)

(1) Jesus said: "Two will rest on a bed. The one will die, the other will live."
(2) Salome said: "(So) who are you, man?
You have gotten a place on my couch as a <stranger> and you have eaten from my table."
(3) Jesus said to her: "I am he who comes from the one who is (always) the same.
I was given some of that which is my Father’s."
(4) "I am your disciple!"
(5) "Therefore I say: If someone becomes <like> (God), he will become full of light.
But if he becomes one, separated (from God), he will become full of darkness."

....and another description by Jesus:
(15) Jesus says:

"When you see one who was not born of woman,
fall on your face (and) worship him. That one is your Father."

I guess with all your refusing to believe Jesus, you will have to answer for it eventually.

*sighs*

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Richie T wrote:
<quoted text>I know the dogma and teachings of the RCC. Was Catholic and sat in Catechism classes for 8 years. And I know the Bible even better.
You either believe It or the RCC, for they are in direct opposition to each other.
welcome aboard

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
None of us are perfect...right. Christ is, so why would He establish a church with those who are imperfect???
This is probably related to....

"Why do fallible men think they can define an infallible being?"

They can't - so the so-called "Church" was established by fallible/imperfect men.

You and many others just refuse to admit the truth in the statement, and would rather avoid being honest by admitting it is factual.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going there, and please answer the question.
How does your use of the Gospel of Thomas somehow transcend my use of the canonical Gospels to the extent that you aren't "believing men"."
.....and I'm waiting still for Jesus' teaching on "texts" that I asked for.
"As far as I can tell, you've accepted what other men wrote as "true", without doing the research in order to understand why they were written to begin with."
False premise.
Looking forward to your response to my questions.
"
Once again - right here. Read it slowly...

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You can start here.
(3) Jesus says:
(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going there, and please answer the question.
How does your use of the Gospel of Thomas somehow transcend my use of the canonical Gospels to the extent that you aren't "believing men"."
.....and I'm waiting still for Jesus' teaching on "texts" that I asked for.
"As far as I can tell, you've accepted what other men wrote as "true", without doing the research in order to understand why they were written to begin with."
False premise.
Looking forward to your response to my questions.
"
Liek you always do - always pushing back on the questions - avoiding to answer tehm, and then you want others to answer your questions.

"Homie don't play that!"

Typical Catholic.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Please cite where the Catholic church declares itself "A DEITY OR A SUPREME DIVINITY.."
Thanks in advance.
Why do you request attention to YOUR semantics, but when faced with semantics like...
- Nothing specific on what texts are "God inspired"
- you only believe in less than six of the original Apostles
- you think "Paul" is more enlightened than Jesus
- No proof the HS had guided anyone

...you continuously fail at respoding or admitting the truths to them?

What are you afraid of?
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Maybe you think "conflict" has a different meaning than I do. If the bible said Mary was NOT assumed into heaven, died a natural death, was buried and awaits the second coming like the rest of us and the Catholic Church taught the assumption, THAT would be a conflict. Being assumed into heaven is biblical (Enoch and Elijah).
Please, do go on Kay.
----------
The Bible SAYS that Enoch and Elijah were taken up. It does not say that Mary was. It shows her at the cross, and in the Upper Room on the day of Pentecost where she was filled with the Holy Ghost, as were the Apostles. She went home with John after the crucifixion, and spent the rest of her life with him. Nothing else is said of her.
KayMarie
I know what the bible says about her. Being taken up into heaven is biblical. If the bible said she WASNT taken up, that would be in conflict with Catholic teaching. My suggestion is you use a word other than "conflict".
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Richie T wrote:
<quoted text> know - that's why I and other blood-bought Christians are still here. We are the "assembly called forth by the Crier" i.e. Ekklesia i.e. Church..
The "only calling" that exits in your bible only preaching come (did not come from God) but from your OWN (Prodigal Son( defiance and rebellious vengeance and hostility -"Luke 15:11 against Jesus Christ and His His Historically and biblically PROVEN One (and only one TRUE) Apostolic Catholic Church..... That "so-called calling" of "fundies" is to spread anti-catholic heresy along with distorting the TRUE interpretation of the bible of which bible only bigots have become "experts at"...Bible only Protestants is nothing more than (half-truth, half-heresy) Christianity. Every one of your Protestant Reformers, beginning with Luther, then Zwingli, Wycliff, Calvin, Hus, Cranmer, Hedio, Petri, Viret and on and on ALL "threw out" biblical TRUTHS that had been taught, from the time of Jesus Christ and the Apostles..... Luther discarded 7 books of the Bible, Zwingli (threw out) the Eucharist (the True Body and Blood of Jesus HIMSELF in John 6:47-59 , etc. etc.....You bible only "fundies" preach nothing but a contradicting, conflicting and inconsistent "hodge-podge" of over 42,100 different interpretations of the bible and rely on "entirely on attacking, judging and condemning the faith and Salvation of other Christians (especially Catholics). God is not the author of your bible only Protestant confusion, chaos and contradicting 42,100 denominations!!!!

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nasl, this is clay. I'm Catholic. By now you should know that we believe Jesus Christ installed a Church, not a list of Books. There is absolutely no evidence that the Bible came first, and then the Catholic Church. In fact, there is evidence that points to the opposite. The Apostles set up a Sacramental Priesthood. And yes, these men believed their Church was the infallible teaching Magisterium that truth would filter through; 'the pillar and bulwark of truth'(2Tim 3:13). Somebody has to be infallible when discerning the teachings of Jesus Christ, right?
...and you find the need to change your name. Why?

Doesn't matter. You can play whomever you choose.

"Somebody has to be infallible when discerning the teachings of Jesus Christ, right?"
- Yes - I asked where "God" - the only infallible being I know of - and where "He" stated such.

So far, Dan admitted that there isn't any, which I agree with. It also shows support that any biblical texts written is also "inspired".

Do you have something other than an agreement that all texts are inspired?
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
As for the writings of the other Apostles? I assume you're referring to Thomas? Its my guess that the other Apostles didn't know how to write... Maybe didn't know how to read either. Thomas left Jerusalem and preached the gospel in India.(He didn't hand out the gospel in India, He preached it)... So if you are interested in what Thomas actually taught, you can see the fruits of what He set up. You're not going to like it, because its a Catholic Church. As far as I know, there is no proof that the gnostic gospel of Thomas is authentic. I've only thumbed through it, it didn't seem to add or subtract from Christianity. I don't know for sure though. I know the writing style didn't seem like it came from an actual Apostle.
It exists. Therefore it is authentic.

You stated:
"As far as I know, there is no proof that the gnostic gospel of Thomas is authentic."
- sounds like you have limited your own Self in doing proper research on the topic.

There is plenty of agreement that 2 Timothy is not by "Paul", but yet you accept it to be "Paul".

There is plenty of agreement that Luke, a 3rd generation disciple, wrote decades after Jesus died, and you accept him as "gospel" writer, when clearly Thomas is older than Luke.

"Paul" is only an Apostle in his eyes - based upon a vision. Yet you think he is more enlightened than Jesus.

Just further evidence that Christianity is an incomplete and contradictory belief when they say "We follow Jesus".

Would you like some ketchup with your bologna?
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
As I just stated to "Dan", maybe you should be correcting Star's assertion......
I am not familiar with "Star's assertion".
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Richie T wrote:
<quoted text> know - that's why I and other blood-bought Christians are still here. We are the "assembly called forth by the Crier" i.e. Ekklesia i.e. Church. We exist in every creed, nation and tongue and see through the deception of the Great Wh*re of Babylon.
The gates of Hell almost prevailed when the bloody, murderous Inquisitions nearly snuffed us out. Why would a Christian Church claiming guidance from the Holy Spirit kill in the name of Jesus? Unless, they have a jealous rage that come only from lost, unregenerated men who were, and still are, pricked in their unconverted hearts.
Amen. Very well said and right on point in every detail. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes absolutely no sense that Christ would establish something on an imperfect being...none.
Jesus did not have much of a high opinion of the CHURCH of His,day ..the TEMPLE ..THE HIGH PRIEST enmeshed in politics .

EVEN if He had wanted a Religious,CHURCH..why WOUKD the successors to Peter . Establish a Church that had a,High Priest enmeshed in politics .
It does not make,senses.

The Early Church was established in different places .....
By disciples ..telling of Jesus ....baptizing as,Jesus,said

Writing to each other .to give encouragement .

At some way down this,road ..it became an institution ..

Was THIS what Jesus told them to do ??

AT SOME POINT they deviated

“OneLordOneFaithE ph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS NOT MENTIONED IN THE SCRIPTURES..
ALL HISTORY AND INFORMATION CONCERNING IT'S LEGITIMACY IS CONJURED UP BY
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC (so called ) CHURCH ITSELF..
The OLD TESTAMENT prophets are silent ...
Amo 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
IT ATTEMPTS TO ASSUME INTO THE SCRIPTURES...THAT WHICH IS NOT A PART OF THE BLOOD COVENANT OF JESUS...
From your fellow protestant….[too funny]
who=“Richie T”]<quoted text>
Using CAPS is a sign of desperation. Time shall prove you wrong in a very big way. The days are running short before the woes and tribulation Jesus warned us of, take place.
@ Gif……
Oh, and the founder of your church is???? lol
Is this the "secret "?
“In the years that followed, Sister Aimee continued her preaching and international tours, but her love affair with the press had ended, and rumors persistently followed her. She MARRIED A THIRD TIME in 1931, then divorced in 1934. She died in 1944 from an OVERDOSE of barbiturates. She is buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, California. The Angelus Temple still is a church for the Foursquare Gospel, which today claims over two million members worldwide.”
http://www.usc.edu/libraries/archives/la/scan...
Canadian born Aimee Semple McPherson,
In 1922 she founded the Foursquare Gospel, a Pentecostal mission
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen. Very well said and right on point in every detail. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ.
Except that protestants weren't being killed by any inquisition, so unfortunately he's wrong on all points.

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

AND when that institution became do entrenched in the SECULAR POWER ...might He not HAVe ordained the,Reformation

Coincidently with the,Pribtubg press ...bible a,being distributed .. a New,World where people :insisted on freedom of Worship ..

And After awhile the CATHOLUC CHURCH coming back to The less,secular ..less political ..less Making if Caesarr

To the point today where they have pure bible study ...along with Catechrsm .
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did not have much of a high opinion of the CHURCH of His,day ..the TEMPLE ..THE HIGH PRIEST enmeshed in politics .
EVEN if He had wanted a Religious,CHURCH..why WOUKD the successors to Peter . Establish a Church that had a,High Priest enmeshed in politics .
It does not make,senses.
The Early Church was established in different places .....
By disciples ..telling of Jesus ....baptizing as,Jesus,said
Writing to each other .to give encouragement .
At some way down this,road ..it became an institution ..
Was THIS what Jesus told them to do ??
AT SOME POINT they deviated
For the first 300 years Catholics were being hunted down by the Jewish and pagan authorities. When they were no longer outlawed they were able to carry on Christ's commission without fear.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what the bible says about her. Being taken up into heaven is biblical. If the bible said she WASNT taken up, that would be in conflict with Catholic teaching. My suggestion is you use a word other than "conflict".
THE BIBLE DON'T SAY THAT THE MOON IS MADE OUT OF GREEN CHEESE
WITH YOUR RATIONAL
I guess because it doesn't deny it.... WE ARE SUPPOSED TO ASSUME

THAT IT IS..
RIGHT?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

359 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min I LOVE TORTURING ATHEISTS 720,229
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 19 min Godchild 114,974
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 22 min Rosa_Winkel 93,658
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 31 min JSarah 63
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 34 min shyam 4,482
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 40 min andet1987 3,946
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 44 min Kudu 395
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Catcher1 172,267
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Insults Are Easier 256,381