Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 691987 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#483478 Oct 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry if I gave you that impression, and if I ever questioned whether you were an Orthodox Christian, I sincerely apologize. I am in no way excusing marge's behaviour, I think she has some serious issues. For all I know she could be posting from the compound in her hippie commune. My point with preston is his tendency to judge people when he really knows little about them.
Peace Anthony

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#483479 Oct 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston and I go way back. We've been on friendly terms in the past. I don't question whether he's a Christian and does good things. He judges people on how much they agree with him and how much they stroke his ego. He has a particular dislike for Catholics and the Catholic Church. You're pretty safe there Nick. I hope and pray your recovery is progressing well. Maybe have Sera make some good Greek food for you, I had spanakopita last night.
Im jealous. I am going to press Sera for some patstitsio.
Michael

Canada

#483480 Oct 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
We all decided that for ourselves haven't we. It goes back to searching the Scriptures and making that choice.
Did you make that choice all by yourself or were you born into a protestant family tradition?

Was it your free will of belief, or your parents free will instilled into you from birth?

Liam

Detroit, MI

#483481 Oct 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you the same Liam, the blazing sodomite, who rambles on and on and has become the poster child for homosexual deviate behavior on the "Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays" forum?
Ooh. No man. I didn't know there was a forum like that. I confine my posts to this forum only. I used to go on an atheism forum until I realized the 'christians' on there hated me more than the atheist. Plus, all they did was create more atheist with their requirements for the potential born again to become ignorant. The Atheist took it out on me - thinking I was a fundie. It was no fun . It definitely opened my eyes for the first time on how you guys operate.
Michael

Canada

#483482 Oct 19, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Bless your heart. That's not what I meant, but I suspect you know that.
Yes, there used to be many excellent Catholic posters on these boards. They really knew their faith and weren't afraid to defend Christ and His church. There's a reason why most of them left. Look around the whole Catholic forum, not just this thread. Not one of them is left except for the few hangers-on here. It goes back to what Fr. Dye last said. He recognized it; it's hard not to. And then it got worse.
ReginaM says.....There's a reason why most of them left. Look around the whole Catholic forum, not just this thread. Not one of them is left except for the few hangers-on here.

Michael says........Then what is the reason why most of them left?

Most discussions on religious forums today are about the wrong doings of the church leaders not the good deeds of the followers.

If catholics would stand up against evil not just in the world but against their own leaders when wrongs are done, then your church might be a more inviting place.

If 60 years ago 80% of catholics attended sunday mass weekly and today 80% don't attend, you have to ask why?

If you don't question, you will just keep going down.

Michael

Canada

#483483 Oct 19, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Catholics don't believe one word of what you posted.

Michael

Canada

#483484 Oct 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry if I gave you that impression, and if I ever questioned whether you were an Orthodox Christian, I sincerely apologize. I am in no way excusing marge's behaviour, I think she has some serious issues. For all I know she could be posting from the compound in her hippie commune. My point with preston is his tendency to judge people when he really knows little about them.
Anthony says..........

1)....I am in no way excusing marge's behaviour, I think she has some serious issues. "For all I know she could be posting from the compound in her hippie commune".

2)...My point with preston is his tendency to "judge people" when he really knows little about them.

----------
Michael says..Oh! let me see. You just judged Marge and Preston in a negative way, and you are telling us Preston has a tendency to "Judge People".....

What a phoney!

Unbelievable!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#483485 Oct 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that Sacred Scripture and Tradition (together) is the Word of God. "Verbum Dei". The Bible "never says anywhere" that the Bible alone (Sola Scriptura) is the word of God, if fact the Bible says just the opposite. Paul says that we must obey Tradition (the unwritten oral word) as well as the written. For over 1600 years this has been a Biblical Teaching of Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church,(that is until) the Protestant Reformation when a group of contradicting and inconsistent Protestant Reformers, totaling more than 48 radical (Prodigal Son) "self-interpreting" anti-catholic bible only "buffoons" beginning with Luther, began to "make things up"!! Sola Scriptura was never believed by ANYONE until the 17th century. It is a "man-made doctrine" of "personal opinionated" (half-truth, half-heresy" Christianity that has absolutely no basis of ANY biblical or historical truth!!!
Based on Scripture...and The National Council of Church's report, of which the truth can not be denied...you just proved it...

There is no Catholic Church. There are Catholic church buildings. There is a Catholic denomination...its the largest in the USA.
Christ never built any denomination/s...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#483486 Oct 19, 2013
who="Regina"<quot ed text>
Bless your heart. That's not what I meant, but I suspect you know that.
Yes, there used to be many excellent Catholic posters on these boards. They really knew their faith and weren't afraid to defend Christ and His church. There's a reason why most of them left. Look around the whole Catholic forum, not just this thread. Not one of them is left except for the few hangers-on here. It goes back to what Fr. Dye last said. He recognized it; it's hard not to. And then it got worse.

----------
How/where is Fr. Dye? His posts were reasonable. He explained himself without much 'fuss'.

It is sad that there is so much conflict between us who name the name of Jesus as our Savior. The world is becoming a more unfriendly place for Christians. I've a feeling that we are going to need each other very much in the near future.

KayMarie

Location hidden

#483487 Oct 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
It is nice to feel important but there is a difference between being important and impotence...
There is help for your condition..

Impotence is the male's inability to copulate or get an erection;

Location hidden

#483488 Oct 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
TRUE CHURCH and BIBLE
TRUE CHURCH
True Catholic Church History Facts
When did the Church established by Jesus Christ get the name Catholic?
Christ left the adoption of a name for His Church to those whom he commissioned to teach all nations. Christ called the spiritual society He established, "My Church" (Mt. xvi, 18), "the Church" (Mt. xviii, 17).
In order to have a distinction between the Church and the Synagogue and to have a distinguishing name from those embracing Judaic and Gnostic errors we find St. Ignatius (50-107 AD) using the Greek word "Katholicos" (universal) to describe the universality of the Church established by Christ. St. Ignatius was appointed Bishop of Antioch by St. Peter, the Bishop of Rome. It is in his writings that we find the word Catholic used for the first time. St. Augustine, when speaking about the Church of Christ, calls it the Catholic Church 240 times in his writings.
St. Ignatius of Antioch, disciple of the Apostle John, concerning the heretics of his day wrote: "They have abstained from the Eucharist and prayer, because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of Our Savior Jesus Christ."
St. Justin Martyr, another Church Father of the second century wrote: "This food is known among us as the Eucharist... We do not receive these things as common bread and common drink; but as Jesus Christ our Savior, being made flesh by the Word of God."
"Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has life everlasting and I will raise Him up on the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed" (John 6:54-56) "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?" they argued.(John 6:53) "And whilst they were at supper, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke: and gave to his disciples, and said: Take ye, and eat. THIS IS MY BODY. And taking the chalice, he gave thanks, and gave to them, saying: Drink ye all of this. FOR THIS IS MY BLOOD." (cf. Matt. 26:26-28; Mark 14:22-24; Luke 22:19-20).
In the most unequivocal language the Apostles affirmed that the bread and wine duly consecrated on the altar did in fact become the actual Substance of the Savior. Declared the Apostle Paul: "The chalice of benediction which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? And the bread which we break, is it not the partaking of the body of the Lord?" (1 Cor. 10:16)
....Receive ye the Holy Ghost. Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained." (John 20:19-23). "Amen I say to you, whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, shall be bound also in heaven; and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth, shall be loosed also in heaven." (Matt. 18:18) "Take heed to yourselves, and to the whole flock, wherein the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops, to rule the church of God ..." (Acts. 20:28) "And when they had ordained to them priests in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, in whom they believed." (Acts 14:22). " He that heareth you, heareth me; and he that despiseth you, despiseth me; and he that despiseth me, despiseth Him that sent me." - Luke 10:16
Catholic Church is the church most united in Christ. The spectacle of one billion Catholics, three-fifths of all professed Christians, perfectly, indomitably united in belief, in organization, and in worship - the historical fact that Catholics, consistently the largest body of Christians in the world, have t
The true biblical facts:

Your NABre pope approve Bible does not teach that Christ built any denomination...such as the Catholic cult.

Christ did not refer to any of the seven churches in Rev as Catholic...because there were none there!!!!

Location hidden

#483489 Oct 19, 2013
who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
Its called "Bible"....get one....if you need to know what it says...ask your husband..
----------
I keep trying to decide which of you is the kindest person on here!!
It is soooo hard to decide!:)
(I have about 50 Bibles if you need to look something up.)
But your comment was not in any Bible. Nor did I say anything to infer that Jesus was a bigamist.(If you don't know why you said what you did, I won't worry about it. You were just 'needling' me.:)
KayMarie
I could take the time to look up your absurdity, but as I recall you say that the church was the bride of Christ...that makes one...

The Bible teaches His bride is the New Jerusalem...that makes two..

bride:a woman who has just been or is about to be married

Two brides...one groom equals bigamy....
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#483490 Oct 19, 2013
who="Tango Bravo" Would someone please help me understand "Sola Scriptura"? What are the sources/justifications of this approach to theology?
----------
Bible scholars compiled the Bible, after having concluded that the books enclosed were reliable. Sola scripture says that one needs to judge other writings/teachings BY THE BIBLE.
Many people write their opinions, but those opinions are not necessarily reliable.
There are many GOOD writings, by reliable Christians...SS does not infer that NO writings are trustworthy...just believes that those writings must agree with "IT IS WRITTEN".
KayMarie
KayMarie,

Thanks for responding. I believe I understand your answer, but I'm not clear on a few things.

Is it enough that writings additional to the Bible agree completely with what is found in the Bible, or is it only necessary that they not disagree with what is found in the Bible?

With whom does Sola Scriptura originate? Is it Biblical or is it a teaching of men?

What is the meaning of "confrinting"?

Thanks.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#483491 Oct 19, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
first thing that I should say is this. I contacted people by email privately, and asked them to pray for nick and rose. and that included marge. I received messages back that they would. and then Marge began to attack them and I told her to stop but she wouldn't. she is very hard headed, that isn't judging her as you would like to say. she showed unchristian like hospitality.

for that I apologize not one whit as I said before. I judge deeds and speak out if they are wrong. now you can like that or not. I don't care.

Location hidden

#483492 Oct 19, 2013
who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
So does mine!!! But...it does not teach that Christ is God....
I am; this denotes eternal self-existence. As Jesus Christ is truly and eternally divine, his kindness, compassion, and grace, in coming into the world, taking upon him human nature, and dying upon the cross, surpass all finite comprehension, and lay upon all to whom he is revealed unspeakable obligations to love and obey him.
----------
In other words: GOD.
"Thought it not robbery'...did not consider it theft to be equal with God.
KM
Equal: Having the same quantity, measure, or value as another.

Christ was equal to God...so says my Bible...but yours, evidently, does not say that....it is defective....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#483493 Oct 19, 2013
who="HuskerDu"<qu oted text>Christ meant physically dying.
----------
Born again is NOT death, but new life.
KM
it's,quite clear in Scripture He,was talking about being born again
Of the,Spirit .
Those kinds,of statements,..if that is what is,really taught ..
Are totally not in synch with doctrine they say they gave us,..

Location hidden

#483494 Oct 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It pertains to the revelation of a mystery that for ages had been
hidden.
If you want to understand the mystery of Christ, you must read it.
Such wisdom!!!! Since it is hidden, how am I going to be able to read it????!!!!
Liam

Detroit, MI

#483496 Oct 19, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>first thing that I should say is this. I contacted people by email privately, and asked them to pray for nick and rose. and that included marge. I received messages back that they would. and then Marge began to attack them and I told her to stop but she wouldn't. she is very hard headed, that isn't judging her as you would like to say. she showed unchristian like hospitality.
for that I apologize not one whit as I said before. I judge deeds and speak out if they are wrong. now you can like that or not. I don't care.
But Marge didn't think she was 'attacking them' as you say. I believe she thought she was doing her duty as a Christian to get them saved.
Its good that you sent emails to encourage people to pray for them. I'm guessing you still think we Catholics are damned to Hell, since we weren't invited to join the prayer group. But that's ok, Preston. I sincerely pray for everyone on this forum all the time. It doesn't matter to me if you think my prayers are no good.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#483497 Oct 19, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes---the Catholic Church, the Church that Jesus Christ HIMSELF, formed, authenticated and initiated!!! The only Church that was around, referred to in the Acts 2 with Bishops, Priests, Elder and deacons, a heirarchical, authoritative, visible (Universal( Church
can't some of the Orthodox of today trace their roots to that time also

Couldn't Luther for that matter ??

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#483498 Oct 19, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so Herm. I do recognize the Christian act that Preston showed. I also saw the hypocrisy too.
Look, there are 'Christian acts' done by everyone on this Earth in all religions. Even a atheists organization does a food drive here in the twin cities. That's not an evil thing just because Atheist are doing it.
I see reflections of God in all peoples. His love is not confined to Catholicism. And the Catholic Church does not teach that. However, the evangelical movement believes you and I are going to hell. They are doing a good thing by praying for you and Sera, but you simply can not deny that they teach that your orthodoxy is bringing you to hell. And Marge (doing what she believes is her duty as a Christian) is calling you out on your idolatry. Preston is saying 'nows not the time for that, they need our prayers'. THAT is a noble gesture by him. But do out be blind to the fact they consider you damned for being an Orthodox Christian. Remember, your Orthodoxy IS Catholicism in many many ways..
as I said a few hours ago, john an orthodox said we who are Born Again will not go to Heaven since there is no Salvation outside his church. Nick has never said that to me or anyone else. Nor have I said that to me. RoS claimed them as Brother and Sister in Christ, I agree.

so the damnation is coming from your side not me. tho I make it clear that ANY person who is not Born Again will not enter Heaven. jesus said that, I believe that, and that settles it.

if you take away the name of Orthodox with Nick, doesn't take away his love for the Lord, take away the name of Nazarene for me and yet it doesn't take away my Love for the Lord.` others can speak for themselves.

but I don't remember you ever saying that YOU love the Lord, only Him, and your church membership doesn't matter.

Church membership will never get ONE person into heaven, don't believe it, wait and see. when your time comes, Only your Love for the Lord and the Blood shed on Calvary will give you or anyone else Membership.

a few hours ago, HOJO spoke about the billion or so catholics in your church. BIG DEAL!!!! God doesn't care about numbers, he cares about the Person, and the Bible is clear that few walk the way of Holiness. So I hope that you make Heaven your home, But there is only One Way.

You Love that piece of grain, but it has no Saving Grace, to bad that you don't relish the Blood as much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Bongo 46,268
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 19 min Paul really is dead 390
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr Aura Mytha 990,681
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 8 hr exposingm0r0ns 6,704
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 9 hr whatever 6
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 hr Dec 2017 News 445,848
__POPE & ISRAEL to SIGN Historic Agreement__ 10 hr True Reporter 3
More from around the web