Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646698 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#483298 Oct 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
According to what you are saying, Christ is a bigamist!!!!!
----------
And from what do you get such an outrageous idea?
KayMarie
Its called "Bible"....get one....if you need to know what it says...ask your husband..
marge

Leesburg, GA

#483299 Oct 18, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Not to defend or offend but when we look at history the written texts were originally oral recitations. There were only a select few that could write or read so the majority of scripture was handed down orally until writing systems came in place. So hearing is where it all starts. Just saying!
Yes but Faith comes by 'HEARING THE WORD OF GOD',...

so if its not the Word of God then no faith will come.:)

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#483300 Oct 18, 2013
who=" Anthony MN" <quoted text>
God's Word is not limited to ink and paper.
----------
Of course God can speak (I've heard Him), but the things we hear must be weighed BY IT IS WRITTEN.
A woman once told me that Jesus came to her room and hung His off-white robe on her bed, and spent time with her.:(
Wouldn't the world and the devil play with THAT 'word'!!!
Better learn to check out what you hear...
KayMarie
In a vision after I was first Saved. I saw my Robe and it was brighter than any cloud and whiter.

certainly not an Off white as she describe.

Location hidden

#483301 Oct 18, 2013
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
Yes but we,were not discussing punctuation
You cast doubt they even wrote .
But on this I was,honestly trying to show you WHY protestants have trouble with CC Mariology
And contrary to EHAT has been Said of my.posts .
I Saud NOTHING INSULTING ABOUT MARY ..
BLESSED ..HOLY ..SUFFERING AS A,MOTHER ...is NIT an insult to her .
She also acknowledged a SAVIOUR ...
On the other things We Will all know sooner or later .
My comments o you were honest ..She is not mentioned ..And I always,wondered about that after I learned to actually read the bible .
And no lie in that ...
I'm no bigot ..have nothing but admiration for Mary ..
And on the other subject
At every turn one if you brings into doubt if the scriptures are trying WORDS WRITTEN by those who followed Our Lord ..
---------
Roseez...I appreciate your posts. Don't be discouraged by all the flack that you receive...GOD knows the truth about you, and He loves you.
KayMarie
Agreed.

Location hidden

#483302 Oct 18, 2013
The Apostle's Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
Show me where it says that Christ is God....
----------
I believe in God, the Father Almighty...AND in Jesus Christ, His only Son (offspring of Himself)...
Two other points:
(1)The Creed is not scripture.
(2)The word 'Christ' means His (God's) anointed; not Jesus' last name, but His position.
KayMarie
KayMarie
Your babbling does not show me what I asked: Show me where it says that Christ is God....

Location hidden

#483303 Oct 18, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the only thing [defective] on this forum is you.but I am glad that you follow the teachings of your god Buddha.
Buddha says "Be an island unto yourself"
Your prating proves my words: Then you have been sold a defective Bible...it contradicts itself...get a refund...
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
marge

Leesburg, GA

#483304 Oct 18, 2013
Therefore faith is from the hearing ear, and the hearing ear is from the word of God.

So faith comes from hearing the message, and the message that is heard is what Christ spoke.

So belief cometh of hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#483305 Oct 18, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
A few weeks ago you asked for guidance as you (claim) that you were honestly searching for TRUTH!-----And yet,(lately) all you ever post on this forum is just a "trainload" of Protestant bible only "heresy", distorting the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the bible, twisting the TRUTH of Church History and then adding "your own" anti-catholic "personal (editorialized) opinion" to the whole "nine yards"! Why don't you try reading some accredited Church Historian authors, patristics, medievals, writings from the Early Church Fathers or Apologistic History Writers, of which the "overwheming" agree that Jesus Christ established, built and initiated a (Universal) Church and it was Catholic. This is also the same Church that gave you the Bible in 382,393, and 397 AD and its Canon of Scripture was determined by the Catholic Church. Paul confirms it in I Timothy 3:15, when he calls THE CHURCH,(not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH
I'm trying to make,sense,of things,I've read here,....HOJO .

And,the idea,of a,big temple like,Church passing complete,truth by word of mouth ...as,some of the posts,seem to imply ...makes,less,sense the more I hear .

Sorry ..I know the RCC became,the seat if Christendom ..I know it did many good things,...But putting together the just of only you Catholics,postings,creates,muc h doubt and confusion...

And disillusionment

Do we BELieve the scriptures were even written by the,disciples ??
Was it word of mouth ..how can we,know just what WAS PREACHED ..tradition ..as,some of you seem to claim ...

Can you not see this

I do not think.what the,RCC became in the middle ages was the,Church Christ intended ..
He had nothing to do with Caesar ..your Church has a,whole lot to do with Caesar of its day .And at the very least ..least..he things,that occurred during the time the RCC ..the,Pope ..was,SO POWERFUL ...in God's name..by whoever did them...clergy ..monarchs,...blessed by Romegives,great great doubt as to the institution being the,Church envisioned by Christ ..

And gives,great doubt that it Was the true vessel of Christ .

And if I ask a question. I want an answer ...yes,
You can give it or not.

Doubt my.motives or not ..

I'm very disillusioned that's,my motive ..I proMOTE NO DENOMINATIIN..

THE POSTS,about scripture and your Church are,equally disillusionment .

marge

Leesburg, GA

#483306 Oct 18, 2013
17. So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God—"This is another confirmation of the truth that faith supposes the hearing of the Word, and this a commission to preach it."
truth

Australia

#483307 Oct 18, 2013
with invisible coat someone cover up themself..where is prove

o ye
you must have coat on zig zag on back open with monkey or cocky cylinder as krletka for prison bar

Are you for sure you are smart?

beez collecting during spring $ring
ants collecting during summer s.u.m.mer

so so so whats so ever you have on the end you can lose..

its exist smart crafty people
whats ant and beez restore in storage for winter can be disappear..much more all lot from everyone..

Thanks God I am good thinker.
it is written
saravito manitu drago=its ordinary wisdom

wisdom of old people with gry hair
is better then anyone who teach and wrote any book
trough book cd computers innovation they restore and store many things in computer mind..
digit digi
digi me
daj da vidim
uh nesto ste mi mali..
gitarite gitarite
oh je.bod.te jesi neki gitarista
ali nisi
u ime Isusa Krista ne..

tko ceka taj doceka..
your evil leaders judges layers media singers musicians sportmans and so on..

i am not care
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo

if i need i will remove you all..
who say that
not me

i just wrote that you read

i told you rich liked not to pay
great lust as pluljus pljus me spit me..

Did you accuse set up rest and judge prophets?

Everything will past my words not.

Location hidden

#483308 Oct 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being MADE in the likeness of men...
Who, being in the form of God....
form....
morphe...
the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision...
external appearance.....
form: shape; figuratively, nature:--form.

So what does that have to do with the price of eggs in Cuba???
truth

Australia

#483309 Oct 18, 2013
it is written
-respect your mother and father

respect your oldest
in gry hair is wisdom

25/25

on throne stay 24 plus one as 25

where is you samantija with your demantija

you say 12 plus one=13 with your polich prepolovich i preporodovichi
lopuziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiii

ko sa lupezima tikve sadi
odbijaju mu se od glavu
ordinary wisdom

kome sluzi prevrtljivac= as your reformista and protestant

kome sluze laskavci i spletkaroshi=who try set up
davno su ismijani na dvorovima velikasha

it is written
-love your God with mind and heart

Location hidden

#483310 Oct 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
My Bible says this.."58 Jesus said to them,“Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.
So does mine!!! But...it does not teach that Christ is God....

I am; this denotes eternal self-existence. As Jesus Christ is truly and eternally divine, his kindness, compassion, and grace, in coming into the world, taking upon him human nature, and dying upon the cross, surpass all finite comprehension, and lay upon all to whom he is revealed unspeakable obligations to love and obey him.

Location hidden

#483311 Oct 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
%^*#/*-+";>
never mind! I cant understand any of your gibberish. your IP provider is on the blink. please call them. your words don't make any sense at all.

Location hidden

#483312 Oct 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Really dumb because of your way of thinking or the way you have been taught....
You have not yet figured out the mystery of Christ.....
There is no mystery of Christ...you are grasping at straw...
truth

Australia

#483313 Oct 18, 2013
cuba

it is written
every spirit is not holy
diabolic many many is ligion..
diabolic geometric projection as innovation..

i am not going to be smart
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
don't asked
you liked pita? with meso Kapula and burek

PURA AND MILK IS BETTER

n
by
marge

Leesburg, GA

#483314 Oct 18, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed.
if you can get one those I call my brothers and sisters say that my posts are slime I will leave.

Location hidden

#483315 Oct 18, 2013
this is a prime example of the thievery of the catholic church.

Madrid, Spain - The president of the Federation of Spanish Jewish Communities used the platform of an interfaith conference in Madrid to issue a plea to the Catholic Church to return ownership of an ancient synagogue in Toledo to Spain’s Jewish community.

PERIODISTADIGITAL.com ( http://bit.ly/167InV7 ) reports that Isaac Querub made the request during the minutes of Sunday’s Catholic-Jewish Liaison Committee meeting, a four day seminar aimed at promoting relations between Catholics and Jews.

Advertisement:

Querub was referring to what now is called the Santa Maria la Blanca, an 1180 structure formerly known as the Ibn Shushan Synagogue, or more commonly, The Congregational Synagogue of Toledo.

The building currently serves as a museum.

Sources report that the Federation of Spanish Jewish Communities has also submitted a formal request to the Catholic Church.

Querub said later,“What would be a better act of generosity and reconciliation than the return of the Grand Synagogue of Toledo to the Jewish people and particularly to the Jewish community of Spain, as a symbol of dialogue between Jews and Christians.”

http://www.vosizneias.com/143609/2013/10/15/m...

Location hidden

#483316 Oct 18, 2013
Then you have been sold a defective Bible...it contradicts itself...get a refund...
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
----------
He was IN THE FORM OF GOD, so He did not think it 'stealing' to be equal with Him.
KayMarie
Check your air pressure....your head is nearly empty!!!!

Location hidden

#483317 Oct 18, 2013
continued;

Oct 16, 2013 at 07:12 AMTzi_Bar_David Says:
Report as Inappropriate

Focusing on the issue at hand, I think there is a reasonable possibility that a polite yet firm request could bear fruit. Catholics rarely attend church in Spain and medieval buildings cost a lot to maintain. I have been to that shul, it's interesting, it was also a mosque for a period, also. I could also see why the city of Toledo would support the move ... anything to attract more paying tourists.(Toledo really is a MUST SEE).

I shall have to ask my son who was in spain a few years ago if many catholics attend church very often.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Bongo 48,934
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 21 min USA-1 38,758
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 44 min WasteWater 2,077
How to solve racism (and sexism) once and for all 44 min Hey U 5
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 53 min Hey U 19
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 54 min VIKING 971,730
News Billionaire Soros giving $2M to Democratic groups (May '12) 1 hr African Billionaire 15
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Bunz7893 44,699
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Just Think 105,632
More from around the web