Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646884 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Australia

#483235 Oct 18, 2013
It is written what holy scripture say.
Tribe against tribe
people against people
nation against nation
father against son
son against father
mother against daughter
daughter against mother..and so on..
where is that any name if others simply transform on papers or books.

Its not nice say you are liar..but pretender who is better or bigger or holy.
Our lovely God don't need that no.

-First Jesus speak about find what is lost.
-Holy scripture say about..not coming in mind too.

You not tell me confe why ants have colony?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#483236 Oct 18, 2013
who="RoSesz" <quoted text>
Well then no monk.in the basement
Somehow,despite their humble origins,...And,NIT BEING TOLD TO WRITE ...they did ...
Leading of the,HOLY Spirit ..perhaps???
Thanks,..your post is,reassuring

----------

Luke made great effort to put the testimony of witnesses (those who were there, and saw what happened) for Theophilus, who apparently was a man of importance. Luke wrote the gospel to this man. Later he also wrote the book of Acts and directed it to this same man.(First chapters of Luke and Acts give this account.)

KayMarie

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#483239 Oct 18, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, that's when the fish sign came into being.
lol.

Most symbols that people use have a story behind them and are used to make a statement. Some of the most famous are the so-called Christian symbols such as the cross and the fish. Whilst they provide a useful mean of identification, all of these are carnal and nowadays used promiscuously by everybody, thus it is best for us to avoid using them. Moreover they all have a precedent story of paganism, a thing we Christian must avoid

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#483241 Oct 18, 2013
Hmmm!, something has been brought to my attention by a post from @CHUCK....it seems that Jesus, on the slick side, referred to himself as God. Maybe it's just me but look at Exodus 3:13 and John 8:57-58. It could be open to interpretation but to me this is pretty startling. Maybe Jesus was referring to being one of the gods that were united with the Supreme God. U know, like it mentions in Genesis that there were other gods besides the One, some even falling from grace. Could Jesus have been speaking from the standpoint that he was one of those gods because he said in John 8:58 that he was "around" even before Abraham. HMMMM!!!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#483242 Oct 18, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Bigot. You know very well that what the priest reads in the missile are from the bible. I can't believe how ignorant you are. I have read your posts and dismissed them as ignorance on your part, but then, tonight , I noticed you have an agenda to discredit Catholics any way you can. The readings at Mass are right out of the bible. And you need to take your hands away from your eyes and read the Missile and find out Catholics DO read the bible. And another thing, you should get on your hands and knees and ask Christ for forgiveness.
You insist people agree with you that 1+1=3 or they are hateful, ignorant bigots.
truth

Australia

#483243 Oct 18, 2013
Lucifer is very smart put any witness and set up on front everything.

How my husband become yours or I become you?

if you laying holy spirit..don't be pretender as it is many pretender exist..is that nice..

many don't need be on place where not belong to be..usual deceivers and possessors do that..don't you..

righteoness souls and good people don't have any rights..
we jknow who is very thrsty over them..is that famous wroter of bible calling name this or that do..as paul saul say..or any others..

evil serving evil legions are many as decivers and posessors..

they aRE NOT HOLY..NOT THEY LIKED POSESS AND DICIVED WHATS ITS NOT BELONG TO THEM

EVIL SERVING EVIL

IS THAT CRIME
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Location hidden

#483244 Oct 18, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>I don't remember reading in scripture where Jesus left it up to a church to compile them. If anything, the scriptures were already compiled in what was called the Torah. Jesus came to confirm what was already revealed. There was never the intent to exalt his own name. Men exalted him and made him God, even though Jesus kept God's word that no graven image should be made of God or worshipped upon as God. It was men who broke this commandment and established a church in the name and image of Jesus. Jesus did not intend this. Look it up!! According to scripture, Jesus exalted the word of God, not himself. Jesus came to glorify the Father, not himself...according to scripture. U have claimed that Jesus came and set up his church which is the Roman Catholic Church. This church evolved out of the Holy Roman Empire which worshipped pagan gods and performed pagan rituals. Go check your history if U wanna call me a liar. Do U think they have ventured far from this original practice of worshipping the gods?!? Why do U think the Roman Catholic Church have more than one entity to pray upon?!? Open your eyes!!!!!!
----------

"even though Jesus kept God's word that no graven image should be made of God or worshiped upon as God"

But Jesus was/is the image of God.

John 14
8 Philip said,“Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

9 Jesus answered:“Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#483245 Oct 18, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Bigot. You know very well that what the priest reads in the missile are from the bible. I can't believe how ignorant you are. I have read your posts and dismissed them as ignorance on your part, but then, tonight , I noticed you have an agenda to discredit Catholics any way you can. The readings at Mass are right out of the bible. And you need to take your hands away from your eyes and read the Missile and find out Catholics DO read the bible. And another thing, you should get on your hands and knees and ask Christ for forgiveness.
you are proof positive that the only GOOD thing that has come out of Nebraska is Tompall and the Glaser Brothers.

Location hidden

#483246 Oct 18, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you are proof positive that the only GOOD thing that has come out of Nebraska is Tompall and the Glaser Brothers.
LOL
truth

Australia

#483247 Oct 18, 2013
go 4000 years back
a nkh=within someone is life
who give or posses what from whom

now don't be pretender
your priest liked kiss princess don't you..

spiritual marriage is deference..
only man

What a about woman or lady!!!

Did woman can give spiritual life to woman?

a nkh

or it is written=no coming in mind

You not tell me confe about first boat as lief and kapular and burag=kapula and burek nemoj urek or reci= in cow body system as eating process..
ja
or you tell me about luke mark methew john

what a about trunk of elephant..you know tru.nk
is some always..

Thanks God I am good thinker.

Location hidden

#483248 Oct 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the Catholic Church doesn't say the Assumption of Mary is in the bible. Adding to the bible would be like saying the bible says "faith alone", or "bible alone".
Great comeback, Sport. And now the Festivus wrestling match!!!!

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#483249 Oct 18, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>----------
"even though Jesus kept God's word that no graven image should be made of God or worshiped upon as God"
John 14
9 Jesus answered:“Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.
It's open for interpretation but I see your point. I don't think he meant for man to worship his image though. And remember, these were his disciples. The ones he felt that he could trust among the other people around. Of course some things may have been revealed to them and not others, including the Pharisees and gentiles (non-Jews). The disciples did not worship the image of Jesus. The revered him as one who was sent by the Father, of which Jesus had spoken. An example would be when they asked Jesus, "how should we pray to God". The disciples worshipped the God of Jesus and not Jesus himself, am I right or wrong?! It was Saul along with the Holy Roman Empire that taught to worship Jesus and his image. Am I right or wrong?!?
Liam

Detroit, MI

#483250 Oct 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But wouldn't that be someplace in all those,books,
We visited he,Lords mother and gained great wisdom.etc.
As I say ..She was holy..was blessed ..was honored ...And by her words
Saved ..And,suffered great when her Son was killed ..
I'm sure,she,was,among the disciples,...And I like to believe may have not had a,painful death ..
But some of this,dogma,came only by fiat ..we don't know .
I.hope to some day ..in a,lot of things,
I'm sure if the Apostles would have foresaw the chaos that would ensue once their writings were published, they would have took the time to dot every I and cross every T. Imo.
They didn't even know they were writing a Bible. They established a Church like the Lord commanded. Yes they were warned of wolves and strange gospels. But 45,000 tearing apart every little sentence they penned?? No way could they have envisioned such a thing. I've heard people argue about one word in one verse, in one chapter of one book, in one of the Apostles letters. You've got to be out of your mind if you think this is how the Lord willed for truth to be conveyed. Yes we Catholics call the scriptures the word of God, and it definitely is. But every little punctuation mark?? God didn't tell them word for word what to pen. That's why I say, the evangelical approach to scripture is flawed from the get go.
truth

Australia

#483251 Oct 18, 2013
no confe..then you are not confident when you say don't you..or i am right or wrong..

Did you hear what Jesus say?
or
What real holy scripture explain.
What Holy scripture explain how many times you transform into what how suit someone about what?

There its writing;''how many prophets you rest prosecuted and killed?
Why?
TRANSFORM SOMETHING INTO WHAT..

MANY MANY MANY WILL COME IN MY NAME ITS NOT ME
PRETENDERS DECEIVERS AND POSSESSORS..

BY CONFE

Is sin love animals?

#483252 Oct 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the Catholic Church doesn't say the Assumption of Mary is in the bible. Adding to the bible would be like saying the bible says "faith alone", or "bible alone".

----------
Rom 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

...by the Word of God...AND...?(nothing else)

Sounds like Sola Scripture...

I challenge you to do a study on faith scriptures. Faith is a gift of God. Scripture declares that 'the just shall LIVE by faith'. Jesus was appalled at the lack of faith, even in His disciples. He was astounded at the faith of the Centurion, saying that He had not found such faith in Israel.

'Faith with out works is dead', means simply that IF you truly have faith, it will be revealed/proven by your deeds.

KayMarie

Since: Oct 13

Hanoi, Vietnam

#483253 Oct 18, 2013
I love games web hopy,yepi you've tried before? i think it will make you satisfied day thank you very much

Since: Oct 13

Hanoi, Vietnam

#483254 Oct 18, 2013
I love games web hopy,yepi you've tried before? i think it will make you satisfied day thank you very much
http://hopy-1.hopyplay.com http://www.yepi1.net

#483255 Oct 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Assumption does not "conflict" with the bible, clearly others were taken up as well. That was my point. But no celestial bodies are made of green cheese so you're comparison doesn't hold water. Sorry confrint.
Sorry Anthony

YOU WROTE

you're comparison doesn't hold water.
____

Vessels hold water .... comparisons don't ....

some vessels sit in/on the water..

but adding to God's word and creating a myth is a lie against God.

Pro 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Rev_21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and

--> all liars,<===

shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#483256 Oct 18, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>----------
John 14
Yes but today we don't worship Jesus in the flesh for He is in heaven.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#483257 Oct 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
...and you find the need to change your name. Why?
Doesn't matter. You can play whomever you choose.
"Somebody has to be infallible when discerning the teachings of Jesus Christ, right?"
- Yes - I asked where "God" - the only infallible being I know of - and where "He" stated such.
So far, Dan admitted that there isn't any, which I agree with. It also shows support that any biblical texts written is also "inspired".
Do you have something other than an agreement that all texts are inspired?
<quoted text>
It exists. Therefore it is authentic.
You stated:
"As far as I know, there is no proof that the gnostic gospel of Thomas is authentic."
- sounds like you have limited your own Self in doing proper research on the topic.
There is plenty of agreement that 2 Timothy is not by "Paul", but yet you accept it to be "Paul".
There is plenty of agreement that Luke, a 3rd generation disciple, wrote decades after Jesus died, and you accept him as "gospel" writer, when clearly Thomas is older than Luke.
"Paul" is only an Apostle in his eyes - based upon a vision. Yet you think he is more enlightened than Jesus.
Just further evidence that Christianity is an incomplete and contradictory belief when they say "We follow Jesus".
Would you like some ketchup with your bologna?
I've change my name a couple times on here. Maybe next it'll be Liam Cowboy.
Liam is my real name. Or William or Bill ..
Who cares?

Again, Jesus Christ set up a Church that He promised the gates of Hell would never prevail against. This Church HAS to be infallible when it comes to His teachings. Otherwise He's either a lunatic or a liar.(I think CS said that)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min ATHEOI 49,365
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Joe Fortuna 971,791
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 19 min Doctor Peace 105,676
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min Pegasus 281,282
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 34 min ChristineM 445,751
Bring back thd human sexuality forum? 35 min Bodrick 12
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 36 min KellyP in Jersey 2,100
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 5 hr patsy the shared ... 26
More from around the web