Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687156 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#483086 Oct 18, 2013
who="Hermeneutics Smutics" Orthodoxy Unseen Warfare
Understanding assaultive thoughts and how to deal with them is key to living a victorious life in Christ.
Logismoi are thoughts and thought/images that come to us to lead us away from Christ.
So how do we handle them?
We ignore them.
We tend to go about our lives thinking whatever thoughts come to us without considering this is warfare we are engaged in and the thoughts are the ammunition. We are asleep.
We are walking through the battlefield and gunfire is whizzing past our heads, and we want to stop and have a closer look at the bullet. Unfortunately, this is how we get hurt.
We look at the bullets when we take into our heart a resentment, hurt or angry thought about another person
We should ignore these bullets and keep our own on Christ, the Author and Perfecter of our faith.

----------
VERY GOOD, friend. The shield of faith protects us from all of those 'fiery darts'.

Hurt or angry thoughts are imaginations in our mind/heart.
We are to have NO images...nor pay them any mind.
Imagination:
Image (Picture in the mind)
-ation= action (in the mind)
We picture all sorts of evil against others who hurt us. Paul said that we are to 'bring EVERY THOUGHT under the control of the mind of Christ'.

Of Noah's day, scripture says that "every imagination of their hearts was wicked continually."

Most of us need some mental housekeeping...

KayMarie
Dan

Omaha, NE

#483087 Oct 18, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Dan Some here condemn Sola Scriptura and those who profess it. Sola Scriptura has come to mean different things to different people.Before we condemn it may be helpful to research the history of Sola Scriptura,and the difference between this and Solo Scriptura.
Tradition was used to support innovations that interpreted Scripture very elastically.The use of Tradition lost credibility..This is how Sola Scriptura and Tradition became adversities.Sola Scriptura different meanings depending on who uses the term.
Neither are biblical precepts.

Sola Scriptura, theoretically, can exist within a church tradition. Solo Scriptura cannot, and is an express rejection of tradition and/or ecclesial structure.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#483088 Oct 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sola Scriptura isn't biblical.
Do you believe that?
Oh really? shows how stupid that your church is.

we are commanded to live by EVERY word that precedes out of the mouth of the Lord.

yet your irreligious systems doesn't want His children to do that?

when Jesus said "it is finished" then nothing else needed to be said nor done.

we aren't Mormons.lol
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#483089 Oct 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that?
2 Corinthians 1:13-14

13 For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that,

14 as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand FULLY that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#483090 Oct 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If the bible is the Word of God, doesn't it make sense that it would be the only authority?
It would if it said so, and it would if hadn't clearly related Christ's establishment of an additional authority.

The Bible doesn't say that it's the only authority, and it does say that Christ established His Church with His authority.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#483091 Oct 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that?
2 Timothy 3:15

15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you WISE for salvation through <faith in Christ Jesus.>

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee WISE unto salvation through >faith which is in Christ Jesus.>
Liam

Detroit, MI

#483092 Oct 18, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't use scripture against catholics when it comes to Mary being sinless...there are none.
I don't use scripture against you for infant baptism...there are none.
I don't use scripture against you for praying to Mary and saints...there are none/ no examples of a child of God praying to anyone other than God.
So you see Clay, we don't use scripture against you when it comes to these things...there are none to use.
You say there is no scripture for those things, but that doesn't mean there isn't. You don't get to decide those things, Chuck. Plus, are only using part of the word of God. You're eliminating the oral sacred traditions which support the written word of God. They flow together from the Church.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#483093 Oct 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you have been sold a defective Bible...it contradicts itself...get a refund...
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
My Bible says this.."58 Jesus said to them,“Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.

Location hidden

#483094 Oct 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
OX,
"If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father."
Believe the works......which Jesus has done....
AND,
you may KNOW and UNDERSTAND....WHAT????
***that the FATHER IS in ME, AND I IN the FATHER....
Dumb....really dumb..All born again Christians have the indwelling of Holy Spirit...according to your thinking...we are all the Holy Spirit!!!!!

If you don't believe God...whom will you believe???

Quote: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Location hidden

#483095 Oct 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you have been sold a defective Bible...it contradicts itself...get a refund...
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
the only thing [defective] on this forum is you.but I am glad that you follow the teachings of your god Buddha.

Buddha says "Be an island unto yourself"

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#483096 Oct 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said nothing was ever destroyed.
My point was that if whatever WAS destroyed, then lamenting the contents one never saw is a bit disingenuous.
No it doesn't.

But it does show how so-called "Christians" of those times, thought of themselves so highly with their ego in place, that they thoght they had a right to change the beliefs of men, in order to do the destroying.

Thus, it was disingenuous of those individuals more so the current poster you seem to want to discredit.

You view of historical events is skewed, and probably because you can't be honest.

I guess you really don't believe in Jesus and what he taught.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#483097 Oct 18, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>a house divided shall not fall.
therefore it is {impossible] to use Holy Scriptures against Gods church, therefore if, and it is, Scripture is used against the rcc, then the rcc is not Gods church.
and furthermore, Holy Scriptures never came from the rcc, THEY CAME FROM GOD.Who has nothing invested in your irreligious system
I agree, scriptures came from God. But how did we know they were scriptures? The Catholic Church.
When the CC organized them into an actual Book in 1452, knuckleheads like you ran off in a rabid frenzy, undoing what the Apostles taught.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#483098 Oct 18, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Nick
Have to say I appreciate your teaching .
We As,Christian d have a,history going back to Jesus ...people believing in Him
Your Religion ..from everything I've heard ..as an Institution ..seems to be from th early Chyr h as mentioned cheap as,technology RCC dies.
Those people..disciples who operated outside of Organized Institutions ...also have a,long history ...
His does not take away from Catholics history..it's old ...however exactly to whom ..which person Peter handed his keys to as a Pope .
Well...
Anyway ..we believers,we believers Are grafted into the tree rooted in Abraham ..whose descendants,and nations as numerous,as the stars .
If we profess Jesus as Lord ...moved to do so niche Holy Spirit .
We are as the people He spoke of ...blessed even though we never met Him...about whom He,spoke to Thomas ...by FAITH believing in Him as our Saviour ..
The more I read here and elsewhere ..the more I BELIEVE institutions,
If they follow the great commission ..if eh encourage their members,. Can do great things,...But having a great ...large ..rich Church
Does nOT GIVE US SALVATION..
A man in a cave ...reading a fragment of TRUTH ..who gets on his knees
Paying homage ..asking repentance ..professing Jesus ...
Does not need another ritual to be saved ...That fragment he read ..That word he heard ..That softening in his heart ...did not come to Him accidentally...it was the work of the SPIRIT ..using what was at hand..using a person..the scripture .. maybe someone shared with Him
It's,JESUS who saved us ..he was on that Cross ......
I am just sharing what I am learning.I have learned much from here, particularly from those who others call "not real preachers"

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#483099 Oct 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Hermeneutics Smutics" Orthodoxy Unseen Warfare
Understanding assaultive thoughts and how to deal with them is key to living a victorious life in Christ.
Logismoi are thoughts and thought/images that come to us to lead us away from Christ.
So how do we handle them?
We ignore them.
We tend to go about our lives thinking whatever thoughts come to us without considering this is warfare we are engaged in and the thoughts are the ammunition. We are asleep.
We are walking through the battlefield and gunfire is whizzing past our heads, and we want to stop and have a closer look at the bullet. Unfortunately, this is how we get hurt.
We look at the bullets when we take into our heart a resentment, hurt or angry thought about another person
We should ignore these bullets and keep our own on Christ, the Author and Perfecter of our faith.
----------
VERY GOOD, friend. The shield of faith protects us from all of those 'fiery darts'.
Hurt or angry thoughts are imaginations in our mind/heart.
We are to have NO images...nor pay them any mind.
Imagination:
Image (Picture in the mind)
-ation= action (in the mind)
We picture all sorts of evil against others who hurt us. Paul said that we are to 'bring EVERY THOUGHT under the control of the mind of Christ'.
Of Noah's day, scripture says that "every imagination of their hearts was wicked continually."
Most of us need some mental housekeeping...
KayMarie
Love your post. Bless you.

Albuquerque, NM

#483100 Oct 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nowhere, of course. He left the Church to compile the canon of scripture.
Exactly. All texts are "God inspired", not just the ones that men have concluded to be - by opinion and decision.

In a nushell, you have chosen to believe men over what Jesus taught.

So - is this the reason why you refuse to believe in all of what Jesus taught?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#483101 Oct 18, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you WISE for salvation through <faith in Christ Jesus.>
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee WISE unto salvation through >faith which is in Christ Jesus.>
Yes, I'm familiar with this passage.

This doesn't vitiate Christ's establishment of His Church nor His commission to the Apostles.

That's my point. The Bible explicitly tells us that Christ established His church with His authority. Thus, scripture cannot be the sole authority. To insist otherwise is to demand that Christ's actions were of no effect.

Location hidden

#483102 Oct 18, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that you send your anti-catholic "editorialized" fictitious "personal opinions" to the National Inquirer. They are always looking for opinionated "trash" material such as yours, in order to fill up empty space in the back section of there newspaper. The National Inquire relies upon "made up","invented" and fictitious stories, such as yours, that exactly (fit right in) with the rest of your 42,100 contradicting and conflicting Protestant bible only myths and legends, that you "fundies" are so famous for!!!!
Based on Scripture...and The National Council of Church's report, of which the truth can not be denied...you just proved it...

There is no Catholic Church. There are Catholic church buildings. There is a Catholic denomination...its the largest in the USA.
Christ never built any denomination/s...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#483103 Oct 18, 2013
who="Liam " <quoted text>
Yeah lol. It just blows me away sometimes at the forceful ignorance it takes to be a born again fundamental Christian. Their whole Biblical concept is bizarre. You tell them that the Bible wasn't printed until 1452, and they plug their ears. They wanna believe every Christian had a copy on their night stand since the Apostles handed all the books out to the folks...I don't think the laity ever had possession of the scriptures before the protestant revolt. Or not many... The scriptures were in the Churches where Christians read them allowed during the Mass- like we still do today.
Anyway, 45,000 and counting since the books became available to the Chucks and Oldjgs.

----------

You almost got it right. Though all of the books had not been compiled into one volumne, parts of it WERE read in the churches.

The book of Colossians was written to them, but Paul instructed that it also be read to the other churches. They exchanged the letters so that all could know the Word. Thankfully, we now can hold it in our hands, and study it.

Col 4:15 Salute the brethren which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the church which is in his house.
Col 4:16 And when this epistle (letter) is READ among you, cause that it BE READ ALSO in the church of the Laodiceans; and that you likewise READ the epistle (letter) from Laodicea.

These letters were shared, not chained to the pulpits as Rome did later.

KayMarie

Albuquerque, NM

#483104 Oct 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're asking me if I believe in Thomas' writings of Jesus' description of God.
You're asking if I believe the man you believe.
No, I am asking you if you believe Jesus' description of "God".

You seem to believe other stories about "God", many from whom aren't Jesus, yet you call yourself a believer in Jesus.

You are beginning to double-talk again. Please stop. It only shows your ignorance to what we are discussing.

But I figured as much. You aren't as informed as you would like to be. By choice no doubt.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#483105 Oct 18, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It would if it said so, and it would if hadn't clearly related Christ's establishment of an additional authority.
The Bible doesn't say that it's the only authority, and it does say that Christ established His Church with His authority.
Dan it says all Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.

So you think God did not include everything for righteousness? Why would He do that? For what benefit?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min lightbeamrider 30,585
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr waaasssuuup 987,072
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Here For Now 619,788
News Costa Mesa man, 50, sentenced to 25 years to li... 5 hr Voice of Reason 3
Any horny girls with snapchat looking for fun (Oct '16) 13 hr skurrrrallla 14
Girl snapchat names (Feb '15) 13 hr meetsnapgirls 3
Looking for girls to snapchat 13 hr meetsnapgirls 4
More from around the web