Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,411
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482722 Oct 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>'
Since men wrote the bible and you beleive in fallible men, I can understand how staunch of a so-called "Christian" you want to be.
Your post shows you follow men and only men.
Why?
Same reason you do.

Why do you do it?

Thomas was a man.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#482723 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Please don't try to fool people into a false perception.
Parents pay tuition to parochial schools and lots of it, to have their children taught at these private schools.
*sighs*
Absolutely true ..THAT I know,for a fact ...

Most Christain schools,are,supported by Tuition ..probably. ALL.

I paid ..so do my kids,...healthy chunk of income ..

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#482724 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Were I to walk into the town square, or your place of worship on Sunday, and declare that Christ and his heretofore unknown brother Larry came to me in a vision, and told me that only left-handed people of Bulgarian ancestry would attain the Kingdom of Heaven, you would instantly declare my statement valid?
Not at all, and the same went for the disciples when Saul came to town talking about "Jesus said I'm one of U now!". The original disciples never followed Saul and kept to what they knew that their lord had taught them, and those were Jewish teachings which remain unchanged by all of the prophets before him and one other after him. Saul was on a socio-political mission to undermine the gullible religious peoples of that time and give them an earthly image to worship which would give the hierarchy more control of the populous. Remember the golden calf in Exodus? Same thing, create an image to worship upon. Then the priests can interpret their own agenda through this image to the people and say that it is the god's will.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#482725 Oct 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what I think?
I think that the cathaholics are the "Archons" that we were all warned about by the Coptic Gnostics.
Just listen to the way they talk and act toward everyone.
Read about them in the Nag Hammadi library. It is quite revealing.
They destroyed all the writings(or so they thought), but these were found around 1945.
Well..all I'm going to say on that .

Is there are many Cathics,who behave as,Christians .

A few,don't ..And it's,sad because anyone can look in this,forum ..And watch ..personal insults,..have no place in discussions ...
..for one thing

Memphis, TN

#482726 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Nicely said D.
Correct, "God" never stated which texts are "His inspiration" - only men have, thus, men has limited "God" when they decided upon producing the canon, CHOOSING for themselves, on what beleif they should put into men.
Your honesty is noted. Thanks!
Why do you think other people can't admit to this?
I think it's because alot of these people have already claimed to everyone that they hold the ABSOLUTE TRUTH OF EVERYTHING so when faced with "sidebars" they have to stick to what they have already claimed to keep from looking like jack@$$$! Even when confronted with the obvious, these folks won't admit that they may have been mistaken.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482727 Oct 17, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all, and the same went for the disciples when Saul came to town talking about "Jesus said I'm one of U now!". The original disciples never followed Saul and kept to what they knew that their lord had taught them, and those were Jewish teachings which remain unchanged by all of the prophets before him and one other after him. Saul was on a socio-political mission to undermine the gullible religious peoples of that time and give them an earthly image to worship which would give the hierarchy more control of the populous. Remember the golden calf in Exodus? Same thing, create an image to worship upon. Then the priests can interpret their own agenda through this image to the people and say that it is the god's will.
Do you think my statement would be valid? I'm on a socio-political mission to undermine the gullible religious peoples of my time.

Have I now created a golden, left-handed Bulgarian calf to worship upon by my mere utterance of it?

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#482728 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Were I to walk into the town square, or your place of worship on Sunday, and declare that Christ and his heretofore unknown brother Larry came to me in a vision, and told me that only left-handed people of Bulgarian ancestry would attain the Kingdom of Heaven, you would instantly declare my statement valid?
Have to say no to that ..Lol

Memphis, TN

#482729 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, no, not that God the Father was ever a man.
Christ does indeed claim divinity in Scripture.
He did establish His church in Scripture.
I'm happy to discuss this stuff with you, but I'm unwilling to spend all my time parrying statements that aren't accurate.
Do you have a main point to make? I'd suggest leading with that vs. throwing out ill-informed "bombs".
What I mentioned is open for debate. Alot was mentioned after the fact. Jesus was long gone when things were written about church being established. These were not the words of Jesus but men. The Godhead was not a notion spoken of by the historical Jesus but words of men who wrote that Jesus mentioned it. If there was such a thing, then it would have been mentioned by prophets loooong before Jesus and not after he was gone. Like I said earlier so much have been destroyed to keep us from knowing the truth concerning religious texts and to furthur the agenda of the power structure.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482730 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>I think it's because alot of these people have already claimed to everyone that they hold the ABSOLUTE TRUTH OF EVERYTHING so when faced with "sidebars" they have to stick to what they have already claimed to keep from looking like jack@$$$! Even when confronted with the obvious, these folks won't admit that they may have been mistaken.
I'm not sure that the revelations of Joseph Smith are "the obvious" that would make me recant anything.
Liam

United States

#482731 Oct 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Black Thunder 42" <quoted text>
That was my point DoM...
----------
The Bible says that even if an angel comes to preaching ANOTHER gospel, we are not to heed it.(Satan presents himself as an angel at times.) Jesus did not preach Mormonism or any other strange stuff...and we know that "He NEVER changes." Jesus would not bring to us anything contrary to the gospel that He preached.
KayMarie
I agree.

Jesus Christ in 33 AD: "This is my Body".

Apostle Paul in 58 AD: "for I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you; that the Lord Jesus on the night He was betrayed, took bread, blessed it and said,'this is my Body'
"whoever eats the bread in an unworthy manner, is guilty of profaning the BODY of the Lord"

1906 AD, Pentecostal Movement:'the bread is just a symbol and not really the presence of the Lord, therefore you can't be guilty of profaning the body of Jesus like Paul said.'
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482732 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>What I mentioned is open for debate. Alot was mentioned after the fact. Jesus was long gone when things were written about church being established. These were not the words of Jesus but men. The Godhead was not a notion spoken of by the historical Jesus but words of men who wrote that Jesus mentioned it. If there was such a thing, then it would have been mentioned by prophets loooong before Jesus and not after he was gone. Like I said earlier so much have been destroyed to keep us from knowing the truth concerning religious texts and to furthur the agenda of the power structure.
You seemed quite sure what Jesus had and hadn't done or said earlier.

Speaking of an "agenda", If "so much have been destroyed", how are you now able to bemoan the loss of what it contained? I mean, if it was destroyed, you never saw it.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#482733 Oct 17, 2013
Italy at a loss over dead Nazi

2 hrs ago | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Iol.co.za

Italian authorities appeared at a loss on Thursday on what to do with the body of Nazi war criminal Erich Priebke who died last week while living under house arrest for massacring 335 civilians.

--------
This should be no problem. Though men deserve judgment, that judgement belongs to God, and it will be satisfied. The human body is God's creation. It needs to be quietly buried. There should be great sorrow that such a creature fell so low...but out of respect to God, the body should be quietly buried without a firestorm. He is past human judgment. Shaming or abusing the body will not hurt him now.

KayMarie

Memphis, TN

#482734 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
?
The guy posted at least three untrue statements and lead off with a misleading response to my statement RE: Mormon beliefs.
You certainly have an odd standard for how you define "diversion".
My statement was that Jesus never claimed to be God, not that he didn't claim divinity and no they are different because even angels are divine but they are not God. That's 1. Now Jesus did not establish a church. Men established a church in his name to honor his name. It is mentioned in scripture that the church of the lord will be established some time after Battle of Armageddon and shall remain intact for 1000 years. So this church being established by Jesus during his ministry can't possibly be because it contradicts what is written to come. As far as I know, the Roman Catholic church along with the Christian church could be the synagogues of Satan mentioned in scripture that deceive many. Just saying!
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482735 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>My statement was that Jesus never claimed to be God, not that he didn't claim divinity and no they are different because even angels are divine but they are not God. That's 1. Now Jesus did not establish a church. Men established a church in his name to honor his name. It is mentioned in scripture that the church of the lord will be established some time after Battle of Armageddon and shall remain intact for 1000 years. So this church being established by Jesus during his ministry can't possibly be because it contradicts what is written to come. As far as I know, the Roman Catholic church along with the Christian church could be the synagogues of Satan mentioned in scripture that deceive many. Just saying!
Jesus did affirm His own divinity, and He also established His church on Earth. Both these are found in Scripture. Angels aren't divine. Where did you get that?

"Just saying!".

#482736 Oct 17, 2013
who="Liam " <quoted text>
I agree.
Jesus Christ in 33 AD: "This is my Body".
Apostle Paul in 58 AD: "for I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you; that the Lord Jesus on the night He was betrayed, took bread, blessed it and said,'this is my Body'
"whoever eats the bread in an unworthy manner, is guilty of profaning the BODY of the Lord"
1906 AD, Pentecostal Movement:'the bread is just a symbol and not really the presence of the Lord, therefore you can't be guilty of profaning the body of Jesus like Paul said.'

----------
The BODY of Jesus IS HIS CHURCH, not a piece of bread. How do you profane a piece of bread?(I've heard of those who would eat a piece of that bread, were it dropped on the floor.)

Paul was instructing rich people who ate their 'steak and potatoes' at the communion meal, while their poor BROTHER (part of Christs body) had only bread and water. The rich man was thus profaning Christ's BODY...his brothers in the Lord.

YES, the communion of saints is a wonderful thing...provided that we recognize (discern) the BODY OF CHRIST as we receive/share it. It is POWERFUL as it builds the UNITY OF THE BODY. If it does not build THE BODY, it shames/profanes THE BODY. We are not in His BODY alone. "They will KNOW that you are MY disciples by YOUR GREAT LOVE!"

Recognizing the BODY OF CHRIST would build Topix into a pleasant place. Are you my(HIS) brother...sister? We cannot share earthly bread and wine on this forum, but WE CAN SHARE THE LIVING BREAD AND DRINK if we LOVE ONE ANOTHER (discern HIS BODY). We must begin to 'care for the parts of HIS BODY'.

Be blessed.
KayMarie
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#482737 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THE CHURCH IS THE CHURCH THAT IS A CHURCH OF GOD...IN JESUS CHRIST
IF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM EVER WAS A CHURCH...IT HAS LOST
IT HAS TAKEN ON THE IDENTITY before the world ...AS THE CHURCH OF MANY LITTLE GODS...
Only the "few ignorant" bible only propagandists "like yourself" (who despise, hate and detest) TRUE CHURCH HISTORY, the TRUE INTERPRETATION OF THE BIBLE and the One True Church that Jesus Christ HIMSELF initiated and formed in Matthew 16:13-21, believe the lies that you have written above!!! You, Confrinting, do NOT SPEAK FOR GOD and NEVER WILL until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ. You are a "carbon copy" of the Prodigal son in Luke 15:11, defiant, rebellious and beligerent, that is until he (the Prodigal Son) eventually "came to his senses"!!!!Let us all as Catholic Christians hope and pray that you (also) will (come to your senses) before it is to late, for your mind, heart and soul are "at a dangerous risk" on a downward (hatefilled) spiral!!!

#482738 Oct 17, 2013
who="DeAngelo of Memphis" <quoted text> My statement was that Jesus never claimed to be God, not that he didn't claim divinity and no they are different because even angels are divine but they are not God. That's 1. Now Jesus did not establish a church. Men established a church in his name to honor his name. It is mentioned in scripture that the church of the lord will be established some time after Battle of Armageddon and shall remain intact for 1000 years. So this church being established by Jesus during his ministry can't possibly be because it contradicts what is written to come. As far as I know, the Roman Catholic church along with the Christian church could be the synagogues of Satan mentioned in scripture that deceive many. Just saying!

----------
Joh 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Not just Jesus' words...but His Words to His Father...as YOU AND I ARE ONE. And He prays that WE who believe MAY ALSO BE ONE IN THEM.

And what is that, but HIS BODY?

KayMarie

Memphis, TN

#482739 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure that the revelations of Joseph Smith are "the obvious" that would make me recant anything.
No, that was not my purpose for posting the question. I was simply trying to make the comparison between Joseph Smith's claim as well as Saul's claim that Jesus came to them both with divine revelation. If we are to believe that Jesus has spoken to one who claims it, then why shouldn't be believe another who also makes the same claim.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#482741 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Your song and dance never changes...
That is because the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible by the Early Church Fathers (who gave us the bible in 382,393, and 397 AD----NEVER CHANGES! Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today and forever. HIS One True Catholic Church is the same, yesterday, today and forever. The TRUTH is the same yesterday, today and forever. Paul confirms this in I Timothy 3:15 when he call THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the Pillar, Pinnacle and Foundation of the TRUTH.-----It is YOUR Song and dance editorialized bible only (hodge-podge" of 42,100 DIFFERENT INTERPRETATION of the bible (THAT CHANGES EACH AND EVERY DAY) EACH with their own "relative truth" opinions that continues to change (by the hour) with "each new opinionated denomination" that springs up (whichever way the wind happens to blow). You "fundies" are all riding in circles on a "merry-go-round" spinning round and around in confusion and chaos. The ONLY THING that is consistent with "each one of you bible only Protestants is your hostility, hate, vengeance and beligerence against the (HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL TRUTH of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ and HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church!! That is the ONLY (thumb sucking) PACIFIER that you bible only "fundies" desperately "cling to" because you are constantly "at each others throats" arguing over the meaning of bible verses.
YOU CAN HAVE IT!! IT IS ALL YOURS!! BEEN THERE, DONE THAT for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant, until the Spirit of God the Father, in and through His Son Jesus Christ (thankfully) led me to the TRUTH of TRUE SALVATION in Our Lords One True Apostolic Catholic Church (with daily Mass, the eucharist, the Sacraments and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible!!!!

Memphis, TN

#482742 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You seemed quite sure what Jesus had and hadn't done or said earlier.
Speaking of an "agenda", If "so much have been destroyed", how are you now able to bemoan the loss of what it contained? I mean, if it was destroyed, you never saw it.
I've researched and studied findings from around the world by different scientists who have uncovered fragments, scrolls and even entire libraries that point to that era of time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Lumajuice 796,208
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Pegasus 267,539
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 9 min Ricky F 37,645
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 1 hr Martix 508
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 1 hr TrueSoldier70 17
I caught my husband on dating site for cheaters (Aug '13) 3 hr della 9
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr truth 607,250
Scientific proof for God's existence 4 hr Make World peace ... 617
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 5 hr Ntakudyaunya 12
More from around the web