Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646390 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#482951 Oct 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>The husband and wife are 2 separate individuals- 2 styles, 2 personalities.The wife is not accountable for the husband and vice versa. Fundamental rule of justice.
"Do the crime, do the time".

Another fundamental rule of justice.

She was running it about Catholics regarding Mary as divine and told me to ask a priest. That hubris stood on it's own "merit".

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#482952 Oct 17, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
My kids survived public school, the Christian school here is too high for most but homeschool is huge among us today and they thrive!.
A new thing is,online schooling ..I think this could help
Less,educated patents,..like me with MATH ..to homeschool their kids .

We shall see
http://www.k12.com/schools-programs/online-pu...

Because the mom can be there to offset some of the teachings they would get in a,regular school

As,long as they also get interaction with others,..like sports,etc ..
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482953 Oct 17, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Constantine while the pretended adoption of Christianity was hailed as a great victory for the Church, it was also, ironically, the beginning of her ruin. From this date we can trace all the innumerable errors of the Roman Church -
1. Mariolatry
2. The mass
3. Purgatory
4. Limbo
5. The celibacy of priesthood
6. Adoration and worship of images
7. Indulgences
8. The infallibility of the Pope
9. The immaculate conception of Mary
10. And many, many other unscriptural errors.
Instead of a blessing it became the downfall of the organised church. Yet all the time during those dark ages which followed there was as always the body of true believers, members of the true Church, within the framework of the rapidly corrupting hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church.
Your source is wrong.

The mass predates Constantine.

Fool.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#482954 Oct 17, 2013
CORRECTION THE HOLY TRINITY IS,A MYSTERY by human standards,
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482955 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>Live Catholicism.Debate but there was no need for the doughnut remark.You know that
I was trying to find something she'd be good at, as she, the minister, didn't know what "divine" meant. she had no problem holding court on what my faith "teaches", but couldn't quite grasp that whole "divine" thing.

Look at it as vocational rehab.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482956 Oct 17, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The so-called 'educated' by the CC, why can't you follow along with the whole picture?
You used a pronoun without an antecedent.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#482957 Oct 17, 2013
What a bunch of hypocritical cowards. Your pitiful little whimper has been duly noted.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#482958 Oct 17, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Just pray and be the best wife and Christian you can be. Do not get involved with telling Catholics what our Bible is saying. I know you're a sweet devout person, Kay. But the Bible is a product of the Catholic Church. It was gathered and installed despite the fact that Our Lord never commanded we compile one. Its difficult to see past the propaganda fueled stereotypes about the CC..
Liam

It's,statements like that which make people think the bible was,cooked up in a,basement

It's,the WORD OF GOD ..put down by His,disciples ...or the RCC made it up and its your word .....which is it ??

They way you all discuss it it's either NOT SUFFICIENT....or you guys,
Made it up ..

The Early Church put the scriptures together ..put into books as,we know it ...once the WORD got away into Common language Liam ..it became a force ...for THE WORLD TO KNOW,God .it cannot or SHOULD NOT BE PUT BACK IN THE BASEMENT owned by your Church ...

Did God use the,EARLY CHURCH ..YES ..BUT HE MOST CERTAINLY USED THOSE WHO BELIEVE HIS,WORD AND SprEAD IT......as,believers were told to .

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#482959 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"His only Son, our Lord". That line.
Nope...it only identifies Jesus Christ as our Lord...which he is as in:

Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#482960 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Do the crime, do the time".
Another fundamental rule of justice.
She was running it about Catholics regarding Mary as divine and told me to ask a priest. That hubris stood on it's own "merit".
No more rap to you at this point
truth

Australia

#482961 Oct 17, 2013
Your Creator left
man is giver and provider..but woman is gift for man..yee she is bless too.
Now..who is giver can give anything don't you even what is wrong..but wife not going except not at all..then..you stop on middle road.
Holy scripture teach you about
understanding to be understood..how many wife and widows been not to understood?!
Understanding is minimum of love.
Where is understanding there is a conciseness.
Concessnest rest in mind..
How its looks..
pain CCrown pain like never any opain exist its universal pain..
yee ..i resist..i don't fill sorry expirence that..
if you could you resist then you are Almighty..
003 is part of seconds
you can stop with that many things..
yee
Why ants have colony?
both ants and beez reject crazy and lazy..
yes
Thanks God I am good thinker..
Lord Jesus Christ feed himself with wild flowers
feed with honey eat grasshoppers..he is been rejected and tempted..yee..
which eyes grasshoppers have
which eyes ants have
which eyes beez have..
Are you for sure rejection is right..yep..as well no..
to be smart with conciseness are better then
with instinct..
yeep
weed seed and good seed
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#482962 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was trying to find something she'd be good at, as she, the minister, didn't know what "divine" meant. she had no problem holding court on what my faith "teaches", but couldn't quite grasp that whole "divine" thing.
Look at it as vocational rehab.
Dan, don't sweat it. If I or one of the other Catholic women had said it, they'd be all over us with the vilest of insults, hammering away without let up. A few months ago I said all Christians until the reformation were Catholic. I was called the biggest liar there ever was and every filthy, disgusting name you can think of on top of it. Please. These people are so full of (themselves), it's sickening. They're so obvious.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#482963 Oct 17, 2013
The only knowledge that counts, the only theology that is truly Orthodox, is participation in God’s movement in love towards us in creation and
Incarnation by our response of love. Louth
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482964 Oct 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope...it only identifies Jesus Christ as our Lord...which he is as in:
Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
That was a hot mess.

Do you believe Jesus to be God or not?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482965 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>No more rap to you at this point
As you wish.
truth

Australia

#482966 Oct 17, 2013
David win Goliath with slang..yee
Why woman with long hair have some design on back hold hair with two hole and stick too?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#482967 Oct 17, 2013
hey Regina surely you not talking about me:)

I can answer for most of them who are you referring too?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482968 Oct 17, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, don't sweat it. If I or one of the other Catholic women had said it, they'd be all over us with the vilest of insults, hammering away without let up. A few months ago I said all Christians until the reformation were Catholic. I was called the biggest liar there ever was and every filthy, disgusting name you can think of on top of it. Please. These people are so full of (themselves), it's sickening. They're so obvious.
Thanks, but I'm not sweating it. If someone wants to run out hoary, shopworn canards they'll get the response those comments deserve.

IMO, it's worse when ministers run that stuff. They have some pastoral responsibility, and for them to willfully disseminate inaccurate statements about which they should know better marks them as lazy at best. At worst, they're shameful opportunists who imperil the souls of those under their pastoral care.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#482969 Oct 17, 2013
The only knowledge that counts, the only theology that is truly Orthodox, is participation in God’s movement in love towards us in creation and
Incarnation by our response of love. Louth

We are suppose to be as One Hermi and especially the husband and wife, it's the closest relationship on earth that is like our personal relationship with God through Jesus.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#482970 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a hot mess.
Do you believe Jesus to be God or not?
You have three guesses:

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 min Rosa_Winkel 445,697
Incest 4 min LetsRoleplayThen 5
topic sex forum gone? 6 min LetsRoleplayThen 17
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Rosa_Winkel 971,604
Bring back thd human sexuality forum? 8 min LetsRoleplayThen 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 32 min Brian_G 48,210
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Brian_G 618,560
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Annaleigh 105,560
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr bad bob 182,627
More from around the web