Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692145 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#482942 Oct 17, 2013
Constantine while the pretended adoption of Christianity was hailed as a great victory for the Church, it was also, ironically, the beginning of her ruin. From this date we can trace all the innumerable errors of the Roman Church -
1. Mariolatry
2. The mass
3. Purgatory
4. Limbo
5. The celibacy of priesthood
6. Adoration and worship of images
7. Indulgences
8. The infallibility of the Pope
9. The immaculate conception of Mary
10. And many, many other unscriptural errors.

Instead of a blessing it became the downfall of the organised church. Yet all the time during those dark ages which followed there was as always the body of true believers, members of the true Church, within the framework of the rapidly corrupting hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#482943 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"The wife" can shut it if she doesn't like it.
Live Catholicism.Debate but there was no need for the doughnut remark.You know that
marge

Leesburg, GA

#482944 Oct 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree,
I made a decision to work very hard so my girl could go to Christian School ..it was SONETHING I felt important ..more so today ...
My kids survived public school, the Christian school here is too high for most but homeschool is huge among us today and they thrive!.

Location hidden

#482945 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
....and she claims an active role in "ministry". She's more than happy to let her fellow minister husband call Catholics everything but late for dinner, so she can wear her big girl pants.
The husband and wife are 2 separate individuals- 2 styles, 2 personalities.The wife is not accountable for the husband and vice versa. Fundamental rule of justice.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482946 Oct 17, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Page 1 response to "Dan"
Roman Catholicism is the most powerful, widespread and subtle of all un-Biblical religious movements. It claims to be the only "true" church, and everything outside of it is labelled false and branded as heresy. All Protestants are "heretics" according to Romanism.
In reality the Roman Catholic hierarchy is not a church at all, but a gigantic religious, political organisation.
Because the average Protestant and multitudes of true believers are almost completely ignorant of the facts about Roman Catholicism, it is necessary to expose at the outset some of the most blatant of these.
First it must be recognised that the Church of Rome has unscripturally appropriated the name "Catholic" (signifying 'worldwide') to mean only its own church. The true name for the miscalled Catholic Church should be the Roman Church. In the past it was called the Roman Catholic Church. Today, however, particularly in the USA, but also in some other non-Roman-Catholic lands, the name "Roman" has been cunningly dropped and it wishes to be known only as the Catholic Church.
...the name "Roman" has been cunningly dropped and it wishes to be known only as the Catholic Church. The purpose of this is twofold: firstly, to reflect the basic doctrine that all other Churches are heretical and that no salvation is possible outside the Roman Catholic Church; and, secondly, the change in name further indicates the goal of making everybody a Roman Catholic and assuming authority over all the nations of the earth, both religiously and politically. The progress which is being made towards this end can be seen in the fact that America, an overwhelmingly Protestant nation, elected John F. Kennedy, a Roman Catholic, as President and chief executive. I am convinced that this act, instead of being a sign of tolerance and freedom from bigotry, indicated an ignorance on the part of the average citizen concerning the goal and purpose of the Roman Catholic Church ultimately to rule the entire world and subject every man, woman and child to the authority of one Super-Church.
The Roman Catholic Church claims to be the one true Church, dating back to the beginning, organised by Jesus Christ Himself, with the disciple Peter as the first Pope and Vicar of Christ of earth. However, while the true "Catholic" Church (the Body of Christ) was born at in eternity in the Mind of God, the Roman Catholic Church was not organised until about 313 AD.
Emperor Diocletian For the first three centuries the true Church was almost threatened with extinction, as the persecutions of pagan Rome increased in intensity under the reigns of the heathen Emperors from Nero to Diocletian. In 303 AD. Diocletian, determined once and for all to stamp out Christianity, issued a series of edicts, each more severe than the former, in his effort to exterminate Christianity. Christians were martyred by the thousands and the Roman prisons were filled to overflowing with believers and especially Christian ministers.
Then a most unexpected event took place. Constantine (the Great) became Emperor of Rome in the early part of the fourth century. During one of the crucial battles for conquest he is supposed to have seen in the sky a flaming cross (at midday) with the words inscribed in Greek: "By this sign conquer." It may have been pure imagination in an hour of desperation, or an optical illusion, but whatever it was he accepted it as word from Heaven that this cross was his key to victory. Accordingly he not only accepted Christianity but also made it the religion of the Roman Empire.
Response to OldJG.

1.) Yawn.

2.) No citations. Whom are you plagiarizing here?

3.) "...the average Protestant and multitudes of true believers are almost completely ignorant of the facts about Roman Catholicism". No argument from me here. Which are you? An "average Protestant" or one of the "multitudes of true believers"?

3.) "

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#482947 Oct 17, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
194 The Apostles' Creed is so called because it is rightly considered to be a faithful summary of the apostles' faith. It is the ancient baptismal symbol of the Church of Rome. Its great authority arises from this fact: it is "the Creed of the Roman Church, the See of Peter the first of the apostles, to which he brought the common faith".13
195 The Niceno-Constantinopolitan or Nicene Creed draws its great authority from the fact that it stems from the first two ecumenical Councils (in 325 and 381). It remains common to all the great Churches of both East and West to this day.
196 Our presentation of the faith will follow the Apostles' Creed, which constitutes, as it were, "the oldest Roman catechism". The presentation will be completed however by constant references to the Nicene Creed, which is often more explicit and more detailed.
197 As on the day of our Baptism, when our whole life was entrusted to the "standard of teaching",14 let us embrace the Creed of our life-giving faith. To say the Credo with faith is to enter into communion with God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and also with the whole Church which transmits the faith to us and in whose midst we believe:
This Creed is the spiritual seal, our heart's meditation and an ever-present guardian; it is, unquestionably, the treasure of our soul.1
That is a lie...Christ did not refer to any of the seven churches in Rev as Catholic..because there were none...

And: From Catholic Answers
The ApostlesÂ’ Creed is not found in the Bible. The ApostlesÂ’ Creed was not written by the apostles. Rather, it was written at least 150 years after the apostles had all died.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482948 Oct 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Apostle's Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
Show me where it says that Christ is God....
"His only Son, our Lord". That line.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#482949 Oct 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem confused when you include....
"thus the mystery"....but then think you have defined the "mystery"?
Which is it?
Where did you get your information from if it is a mystery?
Are you holding out on us and have talked to "God" and "He" revealed "His mystery" to you and you alone?
Can you admit that you really don't know who this "God" is and only believe you do based upon other men?
Honest Rose.....all it is, is honesty.
The Holy trinity by human standards,is amused of our FAITH.

GOD does not operate by himan standards,...we operate,by His,..HE CREATED US,BEFORE TIME even existed ..
marge

Leesburg, GA

#482950 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Half of whom has voted the country into bankruptcy?
Women? They voted in large numbers for the current administration.
The so-called 'educated' by the CC, why can't you follow along with the whole picture?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482951 Oct 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>The husband and wife are 2 separate individuals- 2 styles, 2 personalities.The wife is not accountable for the husband and vice versa. Fundamental rule of justice.
"Do the crime, do the time".

Another fundamental rule of justice.

She was running it about Catholics regarding Mary as divine and told me to ask a priest. That hubris stood on it's own "merit".

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#482952 Oct 17, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
My kids survived public school, the Christian school here is too high for most but homeschool is huge among us today and they thrive!.
A new thing is,online schooling ..I think this could help
Less,educated patents,..like me with MATH ..to homeschool their kids .

We shall see
http://www.k12.com/schools-programs/online-pu...

Because the mom can be there to offset some of the teachings they would get in a,regular school

As,long as they also get interaction with others,..like sports,etc ..
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482953 Oct 17, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Constantine while the pretended adoption of Christianity was hailed as a great victory for the Church, it was also, ironically, the beginning of her ruin. From this date we can trace all the innumerable errors of the Roman Church -
1. Mariolatry
2. The mass
3. Purgatory
4. Limbo
5. The celibacy of priesthood
6. Adoration and worship of images
7. Indulgences
8. The infallibility of the Pope
9. The immaculate conception of Mary
10. And many, many other unscriptural errors.
Instead of a blessing it became the downfall of the organised church. Yet all the time during those dark ages which followed there was as always the body of true believers, members of the true Church, within the framework of the rapidly corrupting hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church.
Your source is wrong.

The mass predates Constantine.

Fool.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#482954 Oct 17, 2013
CORRECTION THE HOLY TRINITY IS,A MYSTERY by human standards,
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482955 Oct 17, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Live Catholicism.Debate but there was no need for the doughnut remark.You know that
I was trying to find something she'd be good at, as she, the minister, didn't know what "divine" meant. she had no problem holding court on what my faith "teaches", but couldn't quite grasp that whole "divine" thing.

Look at it as vocational rehab.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482956 Oct 17, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The so-called 'educated' by the CC, why can't you follow along with the whole picture?
You used a pronoun without an antecedent.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#482957 Oct 17, 2013
What a bunch of hypocritical cowards. Your pitiful little whimper has been duly noted.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#482958 Oct 17, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Just pray and be the best wife and Christian you can be. Do not get involved with telling Catholics what our Bible is saying. I know you're a sweet devout person, Kay. But the Bible is a product of the Catholic Church. It was gathered and installed despite the fact that Our Lord never commanded we compile one. Its difficult to see past the propaganda fueled stereotypes about the CC..
Liam

It's,statements like that which make people think the bible was,cooked up in a,basement

It's,the WORD OF GOD ..put down by His,disciples ...or the RCC made it up and its your word .....which is it ??

They way you all discuss it it's either NOT SUFFICIENT....or you guys,
Made it up ..

The Early Church put the scriptures together ..put into books as,we know it ...once the WORD got away into Common language Liam ..it became a force ...for THE WORLD TO KNOW,God .it cannot or SHOULD NOT BE PUT BACK IN THE BASEMENT owned by your Church ...

Did God use the,EARLY CHURCH ..YES ..BUT HE MOST CERTAINLY USED THOSE WHO BELIEVE HIS,WORD AND SprEAD IT......as,believers were told to .

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#482959 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"His only Son, our Lord". That line.
Nope...it only identifies Jesus Christ as our Lord...which he is as in:

Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Location hidden

#482960 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Do the crime, do the time".
Another fundamental rule of justice.
She was running it about Catholics regarding Mary as divine and told me to ask a priest. That hubris stood on it's own "merit".
No more rap to you at this point
truth

Australia

#482961 Oct 17, 2013
Your Creator left
man is giver and provider..but woman is gift for man..yee she is bless too.
Now..who is giver can give anything don't you even what is wrong..but wife not going except not at all..then..you stop on middle road.
Holy scripture teach you about
understanding to be understood..how many wife and widows been not to understood?!
Understanding is minimum of love.
Where is understanding there is a conciseness.
Concessnest rest in mind..
How its looks..
pain CCrown pain like never any opain exist its universal pain..
yee ..i resist..i don't fill sorry expirence that..
if you could you resist then you are Almighty..
003 is part of seconds
you can stop with that many things..
yee
Why ants have colony?
both ants and beez reject crazy and lazy..
yes
Thanks God I am good thinker..
Lord Jesus Christ feed himself with wild flowers
feed with honey eat grasshoppers..he is been rejected and tempted..yee..
which eyes grasshoppers have
which eyes ants have
which eyes beez have..
Are you for sure rejection is right..yep..as well no..
to be smart with conciseness are better then
with instinct..
yeep
weed seed and good seed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Gabriel 990,711
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 17 min Doctor REALITY 12
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 26 min NotSoDivineMsM 47,237
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 6 hr Caliboy 14
How do I message you about a post from the past... 7 hr elcy2015 1
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 9 hr Paul really is dead 466
beware of raymond rotolo / ps inspections llc 11 hr what I think happ... 2
More from around the web