Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693338 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

Omaha, NE

#482884 Oct 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan" <quoted text>
Jesus wasn't a Christian.
Now God isn't, in fact, Lord of the universe?
You're obviously worn out by the late hour. Go drink some warm milk and go to bed.
----------
You are twisting words, Dan. He said nothing of the sort.
KayMarie
Hold on-a minute ago, you were all about you "not editing his posts, take it up with him".

He said, plainly, that Jesus wasn't Catholic. I replied that Jesus was not a Christian. That's a fact.

"THE ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE REFUSE THE WORD WHICH GOD GAVE UNTO HIS SON
AND ATTACH THEM SELVES TO A god of the universe."

This was used as a pejorative-that Catholics were errant in this belief which refuses God's word. Thus, he must believe that God is NOT "God of the universe", if that belief is so wrong.

If you don't want it thrown back at you, don't type it.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#482885 Oct 17, 2013
JUST SAW THE END OF THIS

WOW
http://710keel.com/if-i-were-the-devil-video-...

And it's,decades old
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482886 Oct 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it is not the issue of [wisdom ]that is the difference between GIF and catholics
the difference is the word [truth], something foreign to a catholic like you or husker du.
for instance husker saying that the apostles were catholic when everyone but him(I guess) knows they were Jewish.
"truth".

LOL.

So, the Apostles maintained their Judaism after the death and resurrection of Christ. Good to know.

I thought all this time that they believed Christ was the Messiah and spread His teaching.

Any more "truth" like that and you'll get laughed off the thread faster than usual tonight.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482887 Oct 17, 2013
who="Dan" <quoted text>
Your husband thinks otherwise. He holds forth here frequently that his long-time "ministry" has imbued him with wisdom apart from others her on the board. He "pulls rank" all the time about it.
~~~
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
THE
vain babblings of the Roman Catholic religious system cannot compete with the word of God...
GOD'S WORD IS JESUS PERSONIFIED
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth
Heb_4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Rev_1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
Rev_2:12 And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;
Rev_2:16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
Rom_14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
You're still doing it.

I assume that you place yourself in the position of one who was "rightly divided" the "word of truth".

I also assume that you demand that we all take this self-anointing at face value, as there's assuredly no appeal to any ecclesial authority save your own.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#482888 Oct 17, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Iggie was an IDIOT and a liar
You have no choice but to say that about Ignatius.
If he indeed wrote accurately, your
Ministral career is finished. The only thing you can do is trash the man. Its comical on one hand, but incredibly sad on the other.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#482889 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're correct RE: the Catholic schools vs. public.
I also agree that it becomes a status/money thing oftentimes. Too bad for that. On the other hand, they are preparing the students for life via the education they offer and the rigor they apply.
yet over half have voted this country to bankruptcy.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#482890 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"truth".
LOL.
So, the Apostles maintained their Judaism after the death and resurrection of Christ. Good to know.
I thought all this time that they believed Christ was the Messiah and spread His teaching.
Any more "truth" like that and you'll get laughed off the thread faster than usual tonight.
CATHOLIC DOES NOT MEAN CHRISTIAN...

CHRISTIAN DEFINED

. A real disciple of Christ; one who believes in the truth of the Christian religion, and studies to follow the example, and obey the precepts, of Christ; a believer in Christ who is characterized by real piety.

CATHOLICS DO NOT BELIEVE NOR FOLLOW THE TEACHING OF CHRIST

THE HAVE THEIR OWN CONCEPTS THAT ARE DIAMETRICALLY APPOSED TO THE TEACHING OF JESUS

THEY HAVE PRIDE AND FALSE PIETY CALISTHENICS AND IDOL WORSHIP WHICH GOD FORBIDS..

DEPENDING UPON RITUALS INSTEAD OF BEING BORN AGAIN AND SERVING GOD FROM THE HEART,,,

THEY GLORIFY THEIR (so called ) CHURCH MARY AND THEIR SAINTS INSTEAD OF GOD

#482891 Oct 17, 2013
who="Dan"<quoted text>
Because she isn't divine. God is divine. You're a preacher's wife. Why am I telling you what "divine" means? Shouldn't you know, or do you just provide the coffee and doughnuts on Sunday?

----------
Another one of those wise (?) and gentle Catholics? Ask your priest if she is divine...

KM
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482892 Oct 17, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no choice but to say that about Ignatius.
If he indeed wrote accurately, your
Ministral career is finished. The only thing you can do is trash the man. Its comical on one hand, but incredibly sad on the other.
I think it's illustrative of the lobotomization of the intellect required to adhere to fundamentalist Protestantism.

Here, no less than a martyr for Christ is being pilloried for simple usage of the Greek derivative for "universal" for a Church that actually WAS "universal" in context of Christian belief at the time. It was THE Church, not A Church. There wasn't another one.

#482893 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still doing it.
I assume that you place yourself in the position of one who was "rightly divided" the "word of truth".
I also assume that you demand that we all take this self-anointing at face value, as there's assuredly no appeal to any ecclesial authority save your own.
MY WIFE AND i ARE ONE AS FAR AS GOD IS CONCERNED...WE MINISTER AS ONE...

ACCORDING TO THE WORD OF GOD ...SHE IS MY FLESH.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH GAVE NOTHING OF ITSELF FOR MY SALVATION..

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

IN NO WAY DOES THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH MEET THIS CRITERIA...

Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

THIS IS MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY WIFE ACCORDING TO THE WORD

Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

Eph 5:29 --> For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

#482894 Oct 17, 2013
who="Dan"<quoted text>
Who was Jesus' mother?

----------
Mary was mother to the flesh body of Jesus. She did not 'grow/produce'(mother) God.

Jesus clothed Himself with a body of flesh that grew in Mary's womb. He was fully man...but He was also fully God. God has always been, and will always be. The heaven of heavens cannot contain Him, and flesh cannot produce Him. Mary mothered that robe of flesh...but she did not produce God.

When He was about to leave this world, He gave Mary a son to replace Himself...John: Behold YOUR mother. Woman: Behold YOUR SON.

KayMarie
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482895 Oct 17, 2013
who="Dan"<quoted text>
Because she isn't divine. God is divine. You're a preacher's wife. Why am I telling you what "divine" means? Shouldn't you know, or do you just provide the coffee and doughnuts on Sunday?
----------
Another one of those wise (?) and gentle Catholics? Ask your priest if she is divine...
KM
Why ask the priest when I can refer to the Catechism?

"Mary's divine motherhood

495 Called in the Gospels "the mother of Jesus", Mary is acclaimed by Elizabeth, at the prompting of the Spirit and even before the birth of her son, as "the mother of my Lord".144 In fact, the One whom she conceived as man by the Holy Spirit, who truly became her Son according to the flesh, was none other than the Father's eternal Son, the second person of the Holy Trinity. Hence the Church confesses that Mary is truly "Mother of God" (Theotokos).145"

Mary-not divine. Has a human nature, not a divine nature. Her Motherhood of Jesus-according to God's divine plan.

Jesus-divine. Has a divine nature.

God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. One God, three persons, only they are divine. Only they are God.

Mary is human. Any goodness in her is only there because of God. Any praise we give Mary is only done so because of her relationship to God. Adoration is the recognition of God’s supreme perfection, His dominion over man, and our complete dependence on Him. Any adoration offered is to God alone. If adoration is offered to God through Mary, it is by virtue of her relationship with God. Any veneration, honor or prayer offered to Mary is only done because of her place in relation to God.

Mary is not divine. Mary is not God.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482896 Oct 17, 2013
who="Dan"<quoted text>
----------
KM
....and don't get mad at me, Mrs. "Wise and Gentle", if you insist on running out one of the oldest, most shopworn anti-Catholic canards in existence.

YOU call the priest and inform yourself before you presume to lecture me on Catholic belief.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482897 Oct 17, 2013
who="Dan"<quoted text>
Who was Jesus' mother?
----------
Mary was mother to the flesh body of Jesus. She did not 'grow/produce'(mother) God.
Jesus clothed Himself with a body of flesh that grew in Mary's womb. He was fully man...but He was also fully God. God has always been, and will always be. The heaven of heavens cannot contain Him, and flesh cannot produce Him. Mary mothered that robe of flesh...but she did not produce God.
When He was about to leave this world, He gave Mary a son to replace Himself...John: Behold YOUR mother. Woman: Behold YOUR SON.
KayMarie
Mary was the mother of Jesus. Thanks.

You could barely choke that one out, I bet.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482898 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
MY WIFE AND i ARE ONE AS FAR AS GOD IS CONCERNED...WE MINISTER AS ONE...
ACCORDING TO THE WORD OF GOD ...SHE IS MY FLESH.
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH GAVE NOTHING OF ITSELF FOR MY SALVATION..
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
IN NO WAY DOES THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH MEET THIS CRITERIA...
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
THIS IS MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY WIFE ACCORDING TO THE WORD
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 --> For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
The Church gave you the Bible.

Memory must be the first thing to go.

I didn't ask you about your wife. She's no help to you on these boards, by the way. She thinks a Catholic priest will tell me that Mary is divine.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482899 Oct 17, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
yet over half have voted this country to bankruptcy.
Half of whom has voted the country into bankruptcy?

Women? They voted in large numbers for the current administration.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#482900 Oct 17, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, we all want to feel significant. I see that most folks join groups even though their own beliefs aren't quite in line with the rest. Just that feeling of acceptance can distort a person's own rationale and that person will eventually embrace the theologies of the group, even believing what obviously couldn't be true. Hmmm, Self, right?
Self is choice - so yep!!

:o)

Good for you!

Albuquerque, NM

#482901 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I refuted him by telling him he was wrong. It's (the supporting scripture) there for anyone to look up.
One first must prove the "scriptures" you use are "God" inspired, which you haven't yet, so he in fact is just as right as you are.

#482902 Oct 17, 2013
who="Liam " <quoted text>
Christ did not install a Bible to dictate His teachings.. So its not right for you to demand that the Bible should spell out certain Marian doctrines.
Its better to go with the Church that formed the Bible than to go with your own personal take.
If you absolutely can't fathom being Catholic, at least consider Orthodox. At least you could experience the awesome gift of the Eucharist.

----------
Try to answer the question.

The Bible spells out the faith doctrine (Abraham), the ten commandments and countless other godly principles in the Old Testament (before anyone heard of a Catholic church). Then the same principles were continued in the New Testament writings. God dictated it, and inspired people wrote it down. It was not 'compiled' until later.

Jesus called me, I met Him. HE is the AWESOME ONE.

KayMarie

Albuquerque, NM

#482903 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you do.
You rely on the writings of others to inform your beliefs.
Self.

"Rely on"??

No - to utilize and the research if they in fact coincide with other facts and supportive details.

So far, you haven't shown otherwise. Meaning, you'll have to prove to me that "God" didn't inspire the other half of Apostles that you disregard.

You haven't done that yet, so you are still basing your conclusion on what men have stated to you.

I haven't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Travesty 52,404
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Gabriel 992,172
the Lord JEHOVAH YAHWEH..has ALWAYS EXISTED??! 1 hr Holy dr Shrink 7
I need a name for a song. 2 hr LatinoVargas55 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Holy dr Shrink 446,000
Jake Tapper: I Lied About Trump S Hole Comment 2 hr Frmr Dem Now4Trump 1
___TRUMP Already Met & Deceived by ANTICHRIST___ 3 hr 2018 Breaking 1
More from around the web