Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
465,661 - 465,680 of 539,574 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#482518 Oct 16, 2013
marge wrote:
I think Oxbow should have to answer to the guys and not talk to the girls.
There are some girls that act like truck drivers...men truck drivers that is..lol
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#482519 Oct 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>It is obvious my friend that you have NOT read the scriptures in their entirety for had you read them then you would see that scriptures tells us that the God head is gonna dwell right here on planet earth. We are told that God created this earth not in vain but that He created it to be inhabited forever.
God also stated that He would make all things anew. Thats why I tell people that all those animals that are now extinct, He will bring back and He will also introduce new species as well.
Now would you like for me to post those scriptures that prove that we will dwell here on planet earth for all eternity? God is coming here and heaven is wherever He is and He will be right here on earth which will become a renewed paradise.
We will be in those immortal bodies. Why? Because flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of God. We will be changed, in a moment in a twinkling of an eye into those spiritual bodies. There will be no flesh on that glorious new earth.
This world is NOT our home (seen....temporary)......

Hebrews 11:16

16 Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#482520 Oct 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm puzzled as to why people think the overcomers will not be here on earth in a restored earthly paradise.
Their thinking and misled beliefs greatly contradicts what scripture tells us. We are shown in Revelation 21:24 after the NEW JERUSALEM has come down from God,that the kings of the """"earth """"" (READ IT AND WEEP) will BRING THEIR PRAISE AND HONOR into that NEW CITY OF JERUSALEM.
So obviously there were still here on earth after God sent down that new city of Jerusalem. Scripture also further tells us that God will create new heavens AND A NEW EARTH wherein dwelleth righteousness. What's the purpose of this new earth if everyone will be in some place in their imagination that they think is heaven?
God stated....BEHOLD I MAKE ALL THINGS ANEW.
You people can listen to what these deluded humans say or you can listen to what the word of God states. And the word of God shows us that eternity will be spent right here on good old planet earth. A renewed EARTH. Earth is gonna be restored, not destroyed.
1 John 2:15-17

15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them.

16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.

<<<<<17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.>>>>>
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#482521 Oct 16, 2013
Matthew 7:21

21 “Not everyone who says to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

***my Father WHO IS in heaven....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#482522 Oct 16, 2013
John had a vision of the end of time when heaven and earth are merged in Christ.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#482523 Oct 16, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
For some time now, based on what you post, I have thought that you are with less brains than my jackass has!!!! You have proven me correct...
You think that you are so full of wisdom that you can deny the correctness of the English dictionary!!!!
You are full of it alright...but it ain't wisdom!!!!
*sighs*

...and yet you still refuse to be honest.

I can understand why people don't believe you and what you post.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#482524 Oct 16, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
It amuses me when certain forum members portend to try and correct me when I can easily take the scriptures and prove them wrong ..........BY THE WORD OF GOD.
Please post where "God" specifically states which texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not.

Thanks!
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#482525 Oct 16, 2013
hojo wrote:
THE CATHOLIC CHURCH----AN UNBROKEN HISTORY
Jesus said his Church would be "the light of the world." He then noted that "a city set on a hill cannot be hid" (Matt. 5:14). This means his Church is a "visible" organization. It must have characteristics that clearly identify it and that distinguish it from other churches. Jesus promised, "I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). This means that his Church will never be destroyed and will never fall away from him. His Church will survive until his return.
Among the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. The Eastern Orthodox churches broke away from unity with the pope in 1054. The Protestant churches were established during the Reformation, which began in 1517.(Most of today’s Protestant churches are actually offshoots of the original Protestant offshoots.)
Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is unequaled by any institution in history.
Even the oldest government is new compared to the papacy, and the churches that send out door-to-door missionaries are young compared to the Catholic Church. Many of these churches began as recently as the nineteenth or twentieth centuries. Some even began during your own lifetime. None of them can claim to be the Church Jesus established.
The Catholic Church has existed for nearly 2,000 years, despite constant opposition from the world. This is testimony to the Church’s divine origin. It must be more than a merely human organization, especially considering that its human members— even some of its leaders—have been unwise, corrupt, or prone to heresy.
Any merely human organization with such members would have collapsed early on. The Catholic Church is the "fullness of the faith" today as the most vigorous church in the world (and the largest, with a billion members: one sixth of the human race), and that is testimony not to the cleverness of the Church’s leaders, but to the protection of the Holy Spirit.
That's called "delusional."

You and those who agree with your specific dogma are special.

The other 95% of humanity are spiritually defective.

The irony is how your own Pope has spoken out clearly and forcefully against such nonsense.

How can you be Catholic and mock your new Pope?

No matter, when your crutch is a delusion, you can believe anything.
Liam

United States

#482526 Oct 16, 2013
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholic form of baptism is as follows:
"At the church-door the infant is stopped, to signify that being yet a slave to the devil, he cannot enter' the church, and that baptism gives him entrance."-Poor Man's Catechism.
"The priest then says" to the infant "What do you demand from the church of God?" -Ib.
"Then he breathes in his face three times, and commands the devil to depart, and give place to the Holy Ghost."-Ib.
"He then makes the sign of the cross."-Ib. The forehead, eyes, breast, shoulders, ears, are signed with the sign of the cross.
"The priest now blesses salt, and puts some of it into his mouth."-Ib.
"The priest proceeds to read the exorcism, commanding the wicked spirit to depart." - Ib. "Exorcism follows, which is accomplished to expel the devil and to break his strength." ("Sequitur exorcismus, qui ad expellendum diabolum ejusque vires frangendas .... conficitur."-Cat. II. ii. 64.)
"Laying the stole upon the child, he leads him into the church."-Ib.
"The priest repeats the exorcism."-Ib.
"He touches the ears and nostrils with spittle." -Ib.
The priest asks the infant these three things "Do you renounce Satan. and all his works? and all his pomps?" -lb.
"Then he" (the infant) "is anointed with the holy oils, blessed by the bishop, on the breast and between the shoulders."-Ib.
"Next he " (the infant) "is examined as to his faith:-Do you believe in God the Father Almighty?" etc.-Ib.
"Then the priest asks the infant, Will you be baptized; and the reason assigned is:-the Lord has willed that no one should be enlisted in the number of his followers, except as a volunteer. Then he pours water on the head three times in the form of a cross. Then he anoints the top of the head with chrism."-Ib.
"Then he puts white linen on the infant's head. A lighted candle is afterwards put into his hand; and, lastly, the infant receives usually the name of some Saint,` to whom he may pray, and of whom he may hope that he will come to defend both his soul and his body."'("Quem imitari studeat, eum quoque precetur et speret sibi advocatum ad salutem tum animi, tum corporis defendendam venturum esse."-Cat. II. ii. 73.)
The effects of baptism are thus set forth:
"By baptism, putting on Christ, we are made a new creature in him, obtaining the full and perfect remission of all sins."- Canones, Sess. xiv., cap. 2. "Even little ones are baptized unto the remission of sins that in them the evil which they contracted SNIPPED due to space and an outdated leaflet.
I know you're a man who desires truth (lol) so I'll try n help you out... First of all, the breathing on the infant is not done in the Roman Catholic Church anymore...Its done in the Orthodox and Maronite Catholic Churches. I believe you get your info from outdated protestant propaganda leaflets.
Also, the Priests does not ask direct questions to the infant, He asks the parents and God parents- who are bringing the child before God and vowing to raise him/her into the Christian faith.
Old gee, infant Baptism was practiced from the earliest moments of Christianity. You want everyone to believe that the Roman Catholic Church corrupted the faith (like your leaflet suggest) but how do you justify this? Clearly it was done well before 313AD... What say you?
truth

Perth, Australia

#482527 Oct 16, 2013
NHVH
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#482528 Oct 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It drives,my sis,crazy ..people in her Church ..Catholics.. voting for that party.
Thankfully, she has the RCC to tell her how god wants her to vote.

That's why Mexico and most other Roman Catholic-majority societies have such great governments. Hardly any crime either.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#482529 Oct 16, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>and now they are suffering.
Everything and everyone suffers under the Dims .....

.... except the U.S. stock market.

Go figure?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#482530 Oct 16, 2013
Philippians 3:20

20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,
mideastNews

Marietta, GA

#482531 Oct 16, 2013

**Prophetic word given to NETANYAHU & Knesset

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#482532 Oct 16, 2013
Gods R Delusions wrote:
<quoted text>
Thankfully, she has the RCC to tell her how god wants her to vote.
That's why Mexico and most other Roman Catholic-majority societies have such great governments. Hardly any crime either.
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Actually a few,years,ago they DID,tell them o vote in order to keep the most pro choice people out .

Splitting votes away from a,pro life candidate because you don't like his,religion...,..staying home ..voting FOR liberal people is,against what their own Church instructed ...

I COUKD almost understand it in 2008 maybe..nah

But last year ????

45 percent Catholics

About 23 percent non CATH Christian

Voted liberal

As,seen yesterday some voted third party.

And then say they are,pro life .. give the appearance they help the poor ..

If the government is,bloated ..people losing jobs,and hours,from the new health care ...doubled insurance premiums ...it helps,NO ONE .

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#482533 Oct 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
Philippians 3:20
20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,
Well He is,right on one thing .

In.the end the NEW,JERUSALEM ..NEW,EARTH ..brings,Jesus and part if raven here ...for a,millennium ...at least ..though man will be free
To continue to sin for those generation a,...even under the Rule of Jesus .

After that .........

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#482534 Oct 16, 2013
Approx 5 years after Christ's death: Church of Jerusalem established originally headed by an Eastern Orthodox patriarch

7 years after Christ's death Church of Antioch established originally headed by an Oriental Orthodox

10 years after Christ's death Church of Alexandria established originally headed by an Oriental Orthodox

20 years or more after Christ's death Churches of Rome and Constantinople founded: headed by a Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox

Note: However the Eastern Orthodox and Ancient Oriental Orthodox started out as one but then the Oriental Orthodox split at Chalcedon re the issue of Christ's dual nature. Therefore some suggest the what is now called the Oriental Orthodox is older than the Eastern Orthodox.

The bottom line: Quibble all you want. The Church's credibility is based on Christ and its trueness to its teaching, not age.
truth

Perth, Australia

#482535 Oct 16, 2013
Whats deference between matriarx and patriarh

in matrix is so long evil
see

back
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#482536 Oct 16, 2013
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you're a man who desires truth (lol) so I'll try n help you out... First of all, the breathing on the infant is not done in the Roman Catholic Church anymore...Its done in the Orthodox and Maronite Catholic Churches. I believe you get your info from outdated protestant propaganda leaflets.
Also, the Priests does not ask direct questions to the infant, He asks the parents and God parents- who are bringing the child before God and vowing to raise him/her into the Christian faith.
Old gee, infant Baptism was practiced from the earliest moments of Christianity. You want everyone to believe that the Roman Catholic Church corrupted the faith (like your leaflet suggest) but how do you justify this? Clearly it was done well before 313AD... What say you?
Is everyone in San Fran nuts?
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#482537 Oct 16, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually a few,years,ago they DID,tell them o vote in order to keep the most pro choice people out .
Splitting votes away from a,pro life candidate because you don't like his,religion...,..staying home ..voting FOR liberal people is,against what their own Church instructed ...
I COUKD almost understand it in 2008 maybe..nah
But last year ????
45 percent Catholics
About 23 percent non CATH Christian
Voted liberal
As,seen yesterday some voted third party.
And then say they are,pro life .. give the appearance they help the poor ..
If the government is,bloated ..people losing jobs,and hours,from the new health care ...doubled insurance premiums ...it helps,NO ONE .
The problem is that bleeding heart Christians have made healthcare a "right."

It's too late to close that door.

So the real problem is - our healthcare system is BY FAR the most expensive in the world. It makes our products less competitive. It drains our wealth.

So as a Christian, who do you believe should go without healthcare in this country?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 734,062
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Eagle 12 226,567
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 6 min Tender Mercies 4,167
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min Jim Justice 118,137
Last Word + 2 11 min Tender Mercies 560
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 41 min RADEKT 258,221
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 173,312
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Stephania capitani 600,207
•••
Enter and win $5000