Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673352 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#482752 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You seemed quite sure what Jesus had and hadn't done or said earlier.
Speaking of an "agenda", If "so much have been destroyed", how are you now able to bemoan the loss of what it contained? I mean, if it was destroyed, you never saw it.
Why do you uphold the dismissal of such texts so readily?

Are you afraid of something?

Albuquerque, NM

#482753 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did affirm His own divinity, and He also established His church on Earth. Both these are found in Scripture. Angels aren't divine. Where did you get that?
"Just saying!".
Please post the passage that has Jesus specifically stating, "I am God".

Yes Dan, everything else can have an additional meaning and not specific. "I am God" - is quite specific.

Reading into what you think is divine is bullshite, and well, self-interpretation - soemthing which you and your ilk find to be "un-Catholic".

Thanks!

Albuquerque, NM

#482754 Oct 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Liam " <quoted text>
I agree.
Jesus Christ in 33 AD: "This is my Body".
Apostle Paul in 58 AD: "for I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you; that the Lord Jesus on the night He was betrayed, took bread, blessed it and said,'this is my Body'
"whoever eats the bread in an unworthy manner, is guilty of profaning the BODY of the Lord"
1906 AD, Pentecostal Movement:'the bread is just a symbol and not really the presence of the Lord, therefore you can't be guilty of profaning the body of Jesus like Paul said.'
----------
The BODY of Jesus IS HIS CHURCH, not a piece of bread. How do you profane a piece of bread?(I've heard of those who would eat a piece of that bread, were it dropped on the floor.)
Paul was instructing rich people who ate their 'steak and potatoes' at the communion meal, while their poor BROTHER (part of Christs body) had only bread and water. The rich man was thus profaning Christ's BODY...his brothers in the Lord.
YES, the communion of saints is a wonderful thing...provided that we recognize (discern) the BODY OF CHRIST as we receive/share it. It is POWERFUL as it builds the UNITY OF THE BODY. If it does not build THE BODY, it shames/profanes THE BODY. We are not in His BODY alone. "They will KNOW that you are MY disciples by YOUR GREAT LOVE!"
Recognizing the BODY OF CHRIST would build Topix into a pleasant place. Are you my(HIS) brother...sister? We cannot share earthly bread and wine on this forum, but WE CAN SHARE THE LIVING BREAD AND DRINK if we LOVE ONE ANOTHER (discern HIS BODY). We must begin to 'care for the parts of HIS BODY'.
Be blessed.
KayMarie
...adn yet you only believe in a portion of what Jesus taught, and here you want everyone to believe in Jesus.

You will have to make a decision on what you are to believe.....men or Jesus?

Self.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#482755 Oct 17, 2013
who="DeAngelo of Memphis" <quoted text> My statement was that Jesus never claimed to be God, not that he didn't claim divinity and no they are different because even angels are divine but they are not God. That's 1. Now Jesus did not establish a church. Men established a church in his name to honor his name. It is mentioned in scripture that the church of the lord will be established some time after Battle of Armageddon and shall remain intact for 1000 years. So this church being established by Jesus during his ministry can't possibly be because it contradicts what is written to come. As far as I know, the Roman Catholic church along with the Christian church could be the synagogues of Satan mentioned in scripture that deceive many. Just saying!
----------
Joh 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Not just Jesus' words...but His Words to His Father...as YOU AND I ARE ONE. And He prays that WE who believe MAY ALSO BE ONE IN THEM.
And what is that, but HIS BODY?
KayMarie
I couldn't catch the point. Sorry. But not his body because this is flesh. When it is mentioned that they are the same and potentially so are we, it's more like being on the same level. The term "at one with nature" doesn't mean that all people, animals, and plants join into one organism. So when Jesus mentioned that he and the Father are the same and the righteous should also be the same, it's not talking about your interpretation because from our understanding the spirit has no body, right?!

Albuquerque, NM

#482756 Oct 17, 2013
who="DeAngelo of Memphis" <quoted text> My statement was that Jesus never claimed to be God, not that he didn't claim divinity and no they are different because even angels are divine but they are not God. That's 1. Now Jesus did not establish a church. Men established a church in his name to honor his name. It is mentioned in scripture that the church of the lord will be established some time after Battle of Armageddon and shall remain intact for 1000 years. So this church being established by Jesus during his ministry can't possibly be because it contradicts what is written to come. As far as I know, the Roman Catholic church along with the Christian church could be the synagogues of Satan mentioned in scripture that deceive many. Just saying!
----------
Joh 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Not just Jesus' words...but His Words to His Father...as YOU AND I ARE ONE. And He prays that WE who believe MAY ALSO BE ONE IN THEM.
KayMarie
That is right - Self.

Self requires you to choose a belief.
Self requires you to choose to believe.
Self requires all the actions you expect someone to make.

And then you exclaim that "We who believe may also be one in them".

- all the while refusing to acknowledge and believe that this entity that is required to achieve this success is the Self.

Why?

Move past the words and understand their meanings.

Albuquerque, NM

#482757 Oct 17, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>No, that was not my purpose for posting the question. I was simply trying to make the comparison between Joseph Smith's claim as well as Saul's claim that Jesus came to them both with divine revelation. If we are to believe that Jesus has spoken to one who claims it, then why shouldn't be believe another who also makes the same claim.
Because people choose to believe what men tell them - which ever direction that takes them. They don't care, they just want to think they are exclusive or special.

They aren't any more special than my puppy thinks she is.

Albuquerque, NM

#482758 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
For the reasons I stated.
So you admit to believing the opinions of men over Jesus?

This will be a first for you.

Albuquerque, NM

#482759 Oct 17, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>I couldn't catch the point. Sorry. But not his body because this is flesh. When it is mentioned that they are the same and potentially so are we, it's more like being on the same level. The term "at one with nature" doesn't mean that all people, animals, and plants join into one organism. So when Jesus mentioned that he and the Father are the same and the righteous should also be the same, it's not talking about your interpretation because from our understanding the spirit has no body, right?!
To expect so-called "Christians" to understand the Spirit, is like asking them to understand Jesus, which they can't with only a portion of what he taught.

Richie T

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#482760 Oct 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the "few ignorant" bible only propagandists "like yourself" (who despise, hate and detest) TRUE CHURCH HISTORY, the TRUE INTERPRETATION OF THE BIBLE and the One True Church that Jesus Christ HIMSELF initiated and formed in Matthew 16:13-21, believe the lies that you have written above!!! You, Confrinting, do NOT SPEAK FOR GOD and NEVER WILL until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ. You are a "carbon copy" of the Prodigal son in Luke 15:11, defiant, rebellious and beligerent, that is until he (the Prodigal Son) eventually "came to his senses"!!!!Let us all as Catholic Christians hope and pray that you (also) will (come to your senses) before it is to late, for your mind, heart and soul are "at a dangerous risk" on a downward (hatefilled) spiral!!!
Still stubbornly clinging to the "company line" I see. Using fabricated history and manufactured evidence does not make you or the RCC right. If the RCC were the true Church, the pope would warn its adherents of the coming New World Order and condemn it. Instead, Pope Francis is leading the charge to the apostate faith that will be judged harshly by the Lord God.

www.scribd.oc om/doc/31322017...

Richie T

Location hidden

#482761 Oct 17, 2013

Richie T

Location hidden

#482762 Oct 17, 2013
----------
KayMarie
Keep up the great work of contending for the faith!:)

Richie T

Location hidden

#482763 Oct 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible by the Early Church Fathers (who gave us the bible in 382,393, and 397 AD----NEVER CHANGES! Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today and forever. HIS One True Catholic Church is the same, yesterday, today and forever. The TRUTH is the same yesterday, today and forever. Paul confirms this in I Timothy 3:15 when he call THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the Pillar, Pinnacle and Foundation of the TRUTH.-----It is YOUR Song and dance editorialized bible only (hodge-podge" of 42,100 DIFFERENT INTERPRETATION of the bible (THAT CHANGES EACH AND EVERY DAY) EACH with their own "relative truth" opinions that continues to change (by the hour) with "each new opinionated denomination" that springs up (whichever way the wind happens to blow). You "fundies" are all riding in circles on a "merry-go-round" spinning round and around in confusion and chaos. The ONLY THING that is consistent with "each one of you bible only Protestants is your hostility, hate, vengeance and beligerence against the (HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL TRUTH of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ and HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church!! That is the ONLY (thumb sucking) PACIFIER that you bible only "fundies" desperately "cling to" because you are constantly "at each others throats" arguing over the meaning of bible verses.
YOU CAN HAVE IT!! IT IS ALL YOURS!! BEEN THERE, DONE THAT for over 35 years as a bible only Protestant, until the Spirit of God the Father, in and through His Son Jesus Christ (thankfully) led me to the TRUTH of TRUE SALVATION in Our Lords One True Apostolic Catholic Church (with daily Mass, the eucharist, the Sacraments and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible!!!!
You weren't drawn to the Father as a Protestant and certainly have not found Him as a Catholic/Universalist.

Memphis, TN

#482765 Oct 17, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you said they had been destroyed.
Got an example?
Your history books teach about the Crusades and the Inquisition. It's all there. Some texts were preserved but hidden to keep from being destroyed. And some were recovered as fragments but still legible. Ok, manuscripts such as the Dead Sea Scrolls have been uncovered which have information pertaining to that period. We have the Book of Enoch which really isn't considered divine texts by some but are texts nonetheless. There is the Book of Jubilees and also manuscripts they call the Book of Adam which gives detailed accounts of Adam and Eves life shortly after being banned from the garden. There is also a gospel of Mary, gospel of Thomas, and a gospel of Judas. And then not to mention other sacred Hebrew, Sumerian, Egyptian texts that point to a revelation given to man by God. Then there's the written records of Saul of Tarsus, on down to Constantine and the Council of Nicaea. Man, there is so much more to God than what is taught in our churches today. Do U think that Satan is afraid to sit in the pulpit?! Ha! By the way, I'm not claiming to have the truth, but only seeking it. I'm no more knowledgable than the next. Don't trust the priests to tell U about God. Seek for yourself.
Muna Leka

Chester Hill, Australia

#482767 Oct 17, 2013
Christian over the world should practise the doctrine and behave likewise or like Jesus ,ie the ultimate of practising Christian faith.When priest sexually abuse kids and conduct mass and confession all over the catholic world then common sense prevail that the catholic doctrine that they study at the Seminary cannot control their drive to commit heartlessly the sexual abuse of children .Why does it happen over the catholic world?And when Cardinals and Bishops cover it up,arent they suppose to fear and accountable to God that they believe?...I can only imagine sometimes that there is no religion in the world.
Liam

Garden City, MI

#482768 Oct 17, 2013
who="Liam " <quoted text>
I agree.
Jesus Christ in 33 AD: "This is my Body".
Apostle Paul in 58 AD: "for I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you; that the Lord Jesus on the night He was betrayed, took bread, blessed it and said,'this is my Body'
"whoever eats the bread in an unworthy manner, is guilty of profaning the BODY of the Lord"
1906 AD, Pentecostal Movement:'the bread is just a symbol and not really the presence of the Lord, therefore you can't be guilty of profaning the body of Jesus like Paul said.'
----------
The BODY of Jesus IS HIS CHURCH, not a piece of bread. How do you profane a piece of bread?(I've heard of those who would eat a piece of that bread, were it dropped on the floor.)
Paul was instructing rich people who ate their 'steak and potatoes' at the communion meal, while their poor BROTHER (part of Christs body) had only bread and water. The rich man was thus profaning Christ's BODY...his brothers in the Lord.
YES, the communion of saints is a wonderful thing...provided that we recognize (discern) the BODY OF CHRIST as we receive/share it. It is POWERFUL as it builds the UNITY OF THE BODY. If it does not build THE BODY, it shames/profanes THE BODY. We are not in His BODY alone. "They will KNOW that you are MY disciples by YOUR GREAT LOVE!"
Recognizing the BODY OF CHRIST would build Topix into a pleasant place. Are you my(HIS) brother...sister? We cannot share earthly bread and wine on this forum, but WE CAN SHARE THE LIVING BREAD AND DRINK if we LOVE ONE ANOTHER (discern HIS BODY). We must begin to 'care for the parts of HIS BODY'.
Be blessed.
KayMarie
But that's not what was taught. Its only what you are choosing to see 1900 yrs later. You can't undo what the Apostles taught because your undoing the word of God. Many protestants, and protestants of the original protestants are starting to realize this due to the internet and the new evangelization of the Catholic Church. The Eucharist- as the first 1600 yrs of Christianity understood it- is the new testament. Not a book, Kay

Albuquerque, NM

#482769 Oct 17, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I sent my kids to parochial school pre K through 12. and no one was denied a Catholic education, ever . We had migrant workers kids go to school there ,single mothers , etc.
I'm not stating anyone was denied. Please stop changing the discussion to something that is not being discussed.

I'll call this diversion. You aren't "Dan" are you?

I stated that in order to attend, one had to pay a tuition - a tuition that was paid by the parents of the child(ren).

To learn at a Catholic school, one is required to pay tuition, otherwise they could not attend.

I know of nowhere that Catholic schools openly teach anyone free of charge.

If this is the case, you will have support your claim with a citation that states that Catholic schools do not require tuition to attend.

You can supply this information, right?

Memphis, TN

#482771 Oct 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Because people choose to believe what men tell them - which ever direction that takes them. They don't care, they just want to think they are exclusive or special.
They aren't any more special than my puppy thinks she is.
Yep, we all want to feel significant. I see that most folks join groups even though their own beliefs aren't quite in line with the rest. Just that feeling of acceptance can distort a person's own rationale and that person will eventually embrace the theologies of the group, even believing what obviously couldn't be true. Hmmm, Self, right?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#482772 Oct 17, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42" <quoted text>
I'm good with that...I was simply making the point that you can't have it two or 3 different ways just to suit your whims...I don't mean "you" personally, so don't misunderstand me.

----------
Thanks.

Agree. We have different denominations and cults because of people's 'whims'.

2Ti 2:15 Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#482773 Oct 17, 2013
Roman Catholic Priest Handed 15 Years Prison Term For Rwandan Genocide
Page 1 of 2

The United Nations war crimes court for Rwanda handed down a 15 year jail term to a Roman Catholic priest convicted of genocide for his active role in the 1994 mass killings in the central African country. It took into account 'his good record before 1994', his 'relative youth' and his voluntary surrender.

A three member panel headed by Judge Andrefia Vaz said that the International Criminal Tribunal found Rev. Athanase Seromba guilty on two of four counts he faced in connection with the genocide in which up to a million people, mainly minority Tutsis, died. He is the first Roman Catholic priest to have been tried so far in connection with the slaughter.

Last week the tribunal allowed early release to Elizaphan Ntakirutimana, an 82 year old former senior pastor of the Seventh day Adventist Church who had been serving a 10 year prison sentence handed down 19 February 2003 for his role in the genocide.

HUTU

Seromba was the Roman Catholic priest at Nyange parish in Kivumu Commune, Rwanda, and is ethnically Hutu. He pleaded not guilty to all charges. These centred on the destruction of his church where about 2,000 Tutsis had sought shelter in April 1994. He was accused of ordering the destruction of the church by buldozers, which led to the deaths of all inside, and of sending in Hutu militia members to kill Tutsis who tried to flee. He also personally shot refugees who tried to escape the killings and handed survivors over to the killers, many of whom were then murdered in his presence. In addition he personally manned a roadblock to check identity cards so that Tutsis could be singled out and killed.

POWERLESS

Seromba had claimed he was simply a parish priest and had been powerless to stop the killing.

The New Times, published in Kigali, Rwanda, described the 15 year sentence as 'paltry' and said he had 'cheated justice'. It added: "For the survivors, whose families, friends and neighbours died at the hands of Seromba, or wounded and left to lead a life of grief, isolation and poverty, the verdict amounts to a denial of justice".

The editor added: "If Seromba, 31 in 1994, was old enough to be trusted by the Catholic Church as a priest in charge of a parish, surely he was sufficiently mature to recognise the difference between right and wrong? Those who knew Seromba when he was studying for the priesthood at the Grand Seminary in Nyakabanda do not share the tribunals' judgment about Seromba's 'good reputation' prior to 1994. While at the RC seminary in Nyakabanda, he joined a committee of students who were later implicated in the genocide. It would be truer to say that Seromba was 'surrendered by the Papacy, after intense pressure by the ICTR, than to claim he came of his own free will. From the time his presence in Italy became public to his arrival in Arusha in February 2002, he did everything possible to elude justice and to deny his role in the massacres in Rwanda".

Ntakiruimana, who spent sometime in custody before his 10-year sentence, had headed the Adventist church in western Rwanda and was responsible for the Mugonero parish, where thousands of Tutsis were killed. He was convicted together with his son Gerard, who was a doctor at the Mugonero hospital. Gerard is now serving 25 years in prison.

As we reported in British Church Newspaper, in April 2004, events and media coverage of the l 0th anniversary of the Hutu massacres of Tutsis spring, 1994, strangely omitted the role of the institution largely responsible for the genocide the Roman Catholic church. Its role, said many, could be compared to its role in supporting the Nazis in the 1930s.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#482774 Oct 17, 2013
Roman Catholic Priest Handed 15 Years Prison Term For Rwandan Genocide
Page 2 of 2

WHITE FATHERS

The origins of the Rwandan conflict lay in the bizarre racial theories of the Belgian Roman Catholic 'White Fathers'. Darwinian evolutionary and racial theories were then in full flow. The 'Fathers' developed a theory, the socalled 'Hamitic hypothesis', which proclaimed that 'civilised' African societies emanated from an invasion of 'Ham ites' who originally settled in Ethiopia.

Rwandan history was effectively rewritten by RC academics and Belgian colonial administrators, who proclaimed that the Hutus were of 'inferior' stock and destined to be treated like Bantu serfs. Tutsi were given places of resonsibility in Rwanda. Their powers and privileges increased greatly. But Hutu resentment grew.

Gregoire Kayibanda, Secretary to Monsignor Vincent Nsengiyuma, Rwanda's Roman Catholic Archbishop, became first President of an independent Rwanda, having earlier founded the racial supremacist 'Parme Hutu' pity. The Tutsi were now seen by RC thinkers as 'invaders' from Ethiopia and the RC Church orchestrated calls for the Tutsi to be 'sent back home'. In 1972 a group of eleven Hutu priests sent a letter to the Archbishop describing the Tutsi as 'inyensi'(cockroaches) a word used frequently by Hutu killers in the 1994 massacres.

ENDORSED

The following year, the RC Church publicly endorsed the purge of Tutsis from schools, colleges and the civil service. Abuses and occasional massacres of Tutsis were the inevitable result of this persecution.

The events leading up to the genocide in April 1994 were, according to many experts, planned and co ordinated by RC church leaders and politicians in conjunction with Hutu racial supremacists and United States Ambassador David Rawson.

In a 1999 Guardian article, Chris McGreal wrote of the failure of the RC church to prevent the bloodshed: "It failed because it claims four out of five Rwandans as adherents, yet it made little effort to influence the killers. That failure continues today through denial and evasion over its responsibility for the genocide".

A number of RC priests actively participated in the genocide of the Tutsi, including Augustin Misago, charged in 1999 with dispatching children to serve in the Hutu militia. A human rights group, who investigated RC participation in the massacres, wrote to the Pope saying: "One is struck by the persistent wish to exonerate the RC hierarchy and the institution at any price".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Clearwater 104,781
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min Clearwater 981,356
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 6,190
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,626
Well.......now I KNOW I won't buy with Amazon.com 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Orlando Hair MD (Nov '13) 5 hr Garry K 7
crooks frauds predators 10 hr Jedimaster of All 2
More from around the web