Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658864 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#482667 Oct 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Since John had,his vision later in life .
And it came from God who knows,all things,.
I wonder why that is,..
I never thought of that.
Why is the Catholic Church
Not mentioned in the prophecies,
And letters,
You know what I think?
I think that the cathaholics are the "Archons" that we were all warned about by the Coptic Gnostics.
Just listen to the way they talk and act toward everyone.
Read about them in the Nag Hammadi library. It is quite revealing.
They destroyed all the writings(or so they thought), but these were found around 1945.
truth

Australia

#482668 Oct 17, 2013
i can't dance as kolo as folclor no
fal fel fil fol ful colorculluci

god know
why is like is that
Liam

Garden City, MI

#482669 Oct 17, 2013
OldJG wrote:
ROMAN CATHOLIC'S WORSHIP THE VIRGIN
Page 1 of 3
THE worship of the Virgin Mary throughout the Roman Catholic Church, is one of those things which there is no denying,
Oldgee,

Your post should never start out with:'Roman Catholics worship Mary' or 'Roman Catholics do this and that' Roman Catholics believe in blah blah'..

You have an opportunity to ask Catholics what we believe. There are some very good Catholic posters on here. They can answer your questions and provide links for more info if you're interested ...
There really is no excuse for you anymore. If you were sincere in your faith, you'd be careful about violating the Commandment about bearing false witness.

So instead of starting your post of with false accusation, why dont you simply ask us: "Do Catholics worship Mary"
No Oldjg, we don't. Worshipping Mary would be against the commandment of God. We simply strive to treat her exactly like Our Lord did. He honored His father and mother. So to do we.
NewsYTube

Marietta, GA

#482670 Oct 17, 2013

ANTICHRIST & ISRAEL at table in negotiations ---

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

truth

Australia

#482671 Oct 17, 2013
samo se vi komodajte kom comkom od at j t e
whats deferent mom.komanje
cur.ovan je

depend what others think
domesticated animals going in boat..
do.me.stick/at e d animals

see

r.in.g is so poor but very c.r.a.f.ty

n
truth

Australia

#482672 Oct 17, 2013
interested
interest in tears in t rest
%

i am myself

i don't liked sorry from anyone
ones done for ever done
I am not that person what others set up and try describe on most evil way..

by
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#482673 Oct 17, 2013
OldJG wrote:
ROMAN CATHOLIC'S WORSHIP THE VIRGIN
Page 3 of 3
Again, where haste is any object, she is the party with whom it is expedient to deal. We are told by Alphonsus Liguori-a great favorite, by the way, with the late Cardinal Wiseman-that prayers will often be more speedily heard in invoking her name, than in calling on that of Jesus Christ
Such then, reader, is a glimpse of a subject that might be extended to a volume; assuming that you are satisfied, we have only to ask you whether the infatuation and the impiety here manifested, be not equal to anything of the sort that has ever been brought before you? Say if darkness be not essential to the Popedom; and whether the spirit of prophecy has not most correctly designated it "a kingdom full of darkness!"
Would not the spread of the Sacred Scriptures be utter destruction to this, as well as its other tenets? Again then, we ask, is it a wonder that the priesthood should cherish such an aversion to the Word of God? But is it not, in very deed, a wonder that Protestants should be so indifferent to the presence and the spread of this most impious system in the British Isles? Is it not passing strange that while it comprises so much that ought to fill all good men's hearts with grief and indignation, that they should be so apathetic, so little disposed to make adequate efforts for its check, and its overthrow? Does not Popery combine all that I, is most destructive on earth, with all that is insulting to heaven, and is it not strange that it should be viewed, not only with indifference, but even with complacency, actually finding advocates among so called Protestants, and receiving imperial endowments from the exchequer of a Protestant state? Is it not dreadful that this system, both at home and abroad, should be petted and pensioned by the Government of England? Are not these things meet subjects for a lamentation.
Three pages of (typical) "anti-catholic lies of "distorting, twisting and misrepresenting the truth" which is about the (only) thing that we Catholics can expect from you bible only "fundies". You Protestants will (dig up) ANY KIND OF DECEIVING articles (in your own desperation) in order to keep your anti-catholic hate, hostility and vengeance "heated up" against Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church........ For over 2000 years, hypocrites, bigots, liars, deceivers of the truth and heretical ministers and preachers, like those of you on this forum, have COME AND GONE ----YET------Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church-----LIVES ON and will continue to LIVE ON, just like Jesus HIMSELF, said it would in Matt 16-13-21!!!!!----You "fundies" deceive NO ONE but yourselves!!!
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#482674 Oct 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I GUESS YOUR CONCEPT OF GOD IS THE SAME AS THE REST OF THE ROMAN CATHOLICS.
YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN CON GOD INTO ACCEPTING THE FABLES AND CONJECTURE THAT HAS BEEN FOLLOWED BY YOUR RELIGIOUS SYSTEM OVER THE YEARS..
I/we as Catholics will leave the "conning, deceiving, and the conjuring up of anti-catholic fables, myths and legends to YOU CONFRINTING and the rest of your bible only "bigots" --along with your other 42,100 contradicting and conflicting bible only "self interpreters" who just "make it up" as you go along....... Nothing new here!!! We just expect the same old anti-catholic hate, hostility and animosity to continue (as usual) against the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church... You Protestant propagandist have been doing this since the reformation, THIS, to your own "demise and destruction" since you have (NOTHING) to keep your "bible only boat" from sinking further and further into oblivion other than ATTACKING THE HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL TRUTH of our Catholic Faith and Jesus Christ HIMSELF!!!!

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#482675 Oct 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
SSSSHHHHH!
Are you trying to unseat the RCC?
:o)
Shame on you!!
Since you seem knowledgeable, where does "God" specifically state which texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not?
Do you know?
Thanks!
Umm, I don't think God ever specified which texts are inspired. But the definition of inspired is loose. The men that wrote out the text did so with the intent of explaining the events that should be recorded. So their inspiration while writing was God. Some people think that "inspired by God" means that God put the words into your mind and U write them. Not necessarily because the term has been used so loosely even to describe the Sunday morning sermon, which is just the pastor teaching the word according to his own understanding while the congregation see this as God sending these words to the pastor. Staying on track here, I haven't yet run across any passage in the Bible where it is written that God specified which texts are inspired, still depending on your definition though. We can assume that all of the texts are inspired by God if we look at it because they were written in honor of God and often times by the command of God.

Location hidden

#482677 Oct 17, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Umm, I don't think God ever specified which texts are inspired. But the definition of inspired is loose. The men that wrote out the text did so with the intent of explaining the events that should be recorded. So their inspiration while writing was God. Some people think that "inspired by God" means that God put the words into your mind and U write them. Not necessarily because the term has been used so loosely even to describe the Sunday morning sermon, which is just the pastor teaching the word according to his own understanding while the congregation see this as God sending these words to the pastor. Staying on track here, I haven't yet run across any passage in the Bible where it is written that God specified which texts are inspired, still depending on your definition though. We can assume that all of the texts are inspired by God if we look at it because they were written in honor of God and often times by the command of God.
The Mormon books must be also(by your reasoning) then huh?

Location hidden

#482678 Oct 17, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>My Church was started by Christ, who is God. We follow Him. We receive Him through the Eucharist. We adore Him. I love my Church , she is beautiful in every way.
So was Jones and Koresh(or so they said)...I don't place any trust in them either....and they didn't torture and murder nearly as many people as your church did.

Memphis, TN

#482679 Oct 17, 2013
Hey, I noticed when the real questions, I mean the really goooood questions are asked, the conversations come to a halt. Then gets started back up with jibberish (spellcheck) that steers away from these questions. I'm not denying God's existence one bit but if we are to consider the will of God, the god who has revealed Himself to the prophets of old, then we must ask questions when we see our religious authorities perverting and twisting what has already been revealed to us concerning the practices of worship of God. I say, if U worship God, then the manners of your practices should coincide with what was written historically.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482680 Oct 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
So was Jones and Koresh(or so they said)...I don't place any trust in them either....and they didn't torture and murder nearly as many people as your church did.
Koresh and Jones labeled themselves "God". Slight difference from the Catholic Church, not that facts are useful to you.

Location hidden

#482681 Oct 17, 2013
Hey, I noticed when the real questions, I mean the really goooood questions are asked, the conversations come to a halt. Then gets started back up with jibberish (spellcheck) that steers away from these questions. I'm not denying God's existence one bit but if we are to consider the will of God, the god who has revealed Himself to the prophets of old, then we must ask questions when we see our religious authorities perverting and twisting what has already been revealed to us concerning the practices of worship of God. I say, if U worship God, then the manners of your practices should coincide with what was written historically.
Yup!
The willfully ignorant and unknowledgeable immediately revert to name calling, deflection, or totally ignore the statements.

Memphis, TN

#482682 Oct 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mormon books must be also(by your reasoning) then huh?
My post about the Mormon church was a serious question to Catholics or Christians. I'm not Mormon but if the founder said that Jesus came to him, then shouldn't Catholics believe him?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#482683 Oct 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
The Fullness of the Faith is only in the Catholic Church
2000 years ago Jesus Christ gave us the "fullness of the faith and the fullness of the Truth" in His One True Church! The Catholic Church IS that Church! The Catholic Church is appreciative of the gifts that Jesus has given us. He IS the Eucharist. He gave us the Church. It is HIS bride. He instituted all of the sacraments and they are ways that we receive His grace. Mary is his mother. She is the mother of God and she points us to him. Through the communion of saints we are able to appreciate and model ourselves after those who are already in Heaven.
The idea of the fullness of the faith really struck me later when I was listening to a speaker. I can't recall who the speaker was in remember his exact words so I'm paraphrasing here. He said protestant churches are like going into a voided setting (some don't even have a cross) that is half-empty with little or no historical or spiritual reverence or significance. It is a social hour of a couple of bible verses, with a song "leaning of the everlasting arms", followed by coffee and donuts and that's about it for the week!! The catholic church is like going into the throne room and seeing the KING surrounded by all these beautiful tapestries and paintings. The floors are made of gold and the walls are build of precious stems. You realize that everything there is made by the King and for the King! You are not losing focus on the King by appreciating his works. In fact, they help you appreciate and love him more and find reverence and HIS real presence.
When we are in the presence of God we are "down on our knees" in front of him---in humility and in prayer from His glory and not necessarily looking at anything on any walls focusing on HIM.... As a former Protestant, it is a good comparison for what the Catholic church is in relationship to God, Jesus Christ and His Church. Everything she gives us is from God and there to help us get closer to God, to grow and nurture in our faith.
The fullness of the TRUTH and the fullness of the FAITH in--the sacraments, confession, Eucharist, the magisterium, Mary, the saints--are all reasons why I'm Catholic because they are gifts from God that help us focus on Him and bring us closer to Jesus Christ HIMSELF that is manifested ONLY in and through His One True Catholic Church---not the only Church--but the One True Church.
There is no Catholic Church. There are Catholic church buildings. There is a Catholic denomination...its the largest in the USA.

Christ never built any denomination/s...

Location hidden

#482684 Oct 17, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
you wrote
Is The Roman Catholic Church the only true Church founded by Jesus Christ?
The simple answer is YES, that Jesus Christ founded the Church which began at Jerusalem on the Day of Pentecost and continued in the lives of those who truly belonged to Him and put their faith in Him, no matter what their relationship was to any particular leaders in the visible church structure.
The visible Church is the expression of Christianity from what it was in the days of the apostles – a family of royal priests who knew God personally who were the people of God recorded down through history.
_______
Your concept of God.... must be that he lives in the sewer...
If the Roman Catholic Church with all of it's debauchery and evil is the
only true example of the Holiness of God on the earth....and
they are the only representation of God here...
Then what kind of cesspool can we expect a roman catholic heaven be like?
My Bible does not say Christ built a Church. It does say He built His church...as in: a calling out, i.e.(concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):--assembly, church.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#482685 Oct 17, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I/we as Catholics will leave the "conning, deceiving, and the conjuring up of anti-catholic fables, myths and legends to YOU CONFRINTING and the rest of your bible only "bigots" --along with your other 42,100 contradicting and conflicting bible only "self interpreters" who just "make it up" as you go along....... Nothing new here!!! We just expect the same old anti-catholic hate, hostility and animosity to continue (as usual) against the TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church... You Protestant propagandist have been doing this since the reformation, THIS, to your own "demise and destruction" since you have (NOTHING) to keep your "bible only boat" from sinking further and further into oblivion other than ATTACKING THE HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL TRUTH of our Catholic Faith and Jesus Christ HIMSELF!!!!
~~~

Your song and dance never changes...

the word of GOD trumps your Roman Catholic History

GOD'S PLAN OF REDEMPTION IS THREADED THROUGH THE HOLY BIBLE

back to Genesis... THE FAITH OF ABRAHAM...THE LEVITICAL LAWS OF MOSES..

THE HISTORY OF GOD INTERACTION WITH ISRAEL THROUGH THE BOOK OF MALACHI,,,

YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN CHANGE IT BY EDITING GOD'S PLAN OF REDEMPTION

IN MATTHEW CHAPTER 16...

YOU WILL FIND OUT TO LATE..WHEN YOU STAND IN JUDGMENT THAT

Psa_119:89 . For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

Pro 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

YOU CAN'T DO WRONG AND GET BY...

Gal_6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Memphis, TN

#482686 Oct 17, 2013
Hey, where did everybody go?!?!?

(owls hooting)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#482687 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>My post about the Mormon church was a serious question to Catholics or Christians. I'm not Mormon but if the founder said that Jesus came to him, then shouldn't Catholics believe him?
I can respond respective to Catholicism.

First, the Church teaches that private revelation isn't a basis for doctrine in and of itself.

Second and more essential, Smith's revelations are predicated upon the notion that the Church established by Christ 2,000 years ago fell completely away from his teachings within a century or so of his death, and that a "restoration" is required.

More problematic still are subsequent teachings of Mormonism that are contrary to the precepts that Catholics and other Christian denominations, such as belief in the supreme God as almighty, eternal, and unchanging. Mormons revelations from the "gods" aren't earmarked by similar clarity from their self-described "prophets".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Doctor Jekyl 71,024
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min The Hangman 974,807
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 4 min Johnny 5,043
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 6 min onemale 249
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 17 min GAME OVER 445,534
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 58 min onemale 283,003
Why do black children behave worse in school th... (Sep '10) 1 hr WetSquirtz8997 415
More from around the web