Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,177
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#481984 Oct 14, 2013
003 mind
what stay in my mind
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#481988 Oct 14, 2013
StarC wrote:
Q.
Did Our Lord write any part of the New Testament or command His Apostles to do so?
A.
"Our Lord Himself never wrote a line, nor is there any record that He ordered his Apostles to write; He did command them to teach and to preach. Also He to Whom all power was given in Heaven and on earth (Matt. 28-18) promised to give them the Holy Spirit (John 14-26) and to be with them Himself till the end of the world (Mat. 28-20).
COMMENT: If reading the Bible were a necessary means of salvation, Our Lord would have made that statement and also provided the necessary means for his followers."
FIRST CHRISTIAN
CALLED CATHOLICS
LISTENED TO THE WORD AT MASS.
1 Corinthians 16:21

21 I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand.

2 Corinthians 1:13-14

~~~13 For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that,~~~

14 as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus.

2 Corinthians 13:10

10 This is why I write these things when I am absent, that when I come I may not have to be harsh in my use of authority—the authority the Lord gave me for building you up, not for tearing you down.

Galatians 6:11

11 See what large letters I use as I write to you with my own hand!

Philippians 3:1

3 Further, my brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to WRITE the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you.

2 Peter 3:16

16 He WRITES the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

1 John 2:21

21 I do not WRITE to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth.

1 John 5:13

13 I WRITE these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

Revelation 1:11

11 which said:“WRITE on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.”
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#481990 Oct 14, 2013
Revelation 1:19

19 “WRITE, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#481991 Oct 14, 2013
Revelation 21:5

5 He who was seated on the throne said,“I am making everything new!” Then HE said,~~~~~“WRITE this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”~~~~~
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#481992 Oct 14, 2013
Matthew 4:4

4 Jesus answered,“It is written:‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Matthew 4:7

7 Jesus answered him,“It is also written:‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

Matthew 4:10

10 Jesus said to him,“Away from me, Satan! For it is written:‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’”

IT IS WRITTEN.....

Three times Jesus was tempted......

ALL three times Jesus replied, "IT IS WRITTEN."
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#481993 Oct 14, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The fullness is in the Catholic faith, Rose. Nobody denies that non Catholic Christians possess some truths. Some are allot closer than others. Some have spiraled into something that looks nothing like Christianity. Some are holed up in a compound awaiting the rapture that their pastor said is coming any day now.
you'd do good to come back to the Eucharist, Rose. This is the fullness and pinnacle of the Christian faith on Earth. I think Thomas or Augustine said, "if it were possible for the Angels in Heaven to be jealous of us humans, it would be because of the Eucharist"
Right now, you and the other born agains are thumbing thru the menu without having the meal. You were a Catholic, right? you may as well go to Confession and Holy Mass. That's called 'participating in the Bible'. That's why the Church compiled a Bible. Christianity centers around the Mass and Eucharist, not the Bible. The Lord said nothing about compiling a Bible for the sole source on his Ministry. But He said plenty about the Mass.
You said, quote, "Right now, you and the other born agains are thumbing thru the menu without having the meal. You were a Catholic, right? you may as well go to Confession and Holy Mass. That's called 'participating in the Bible'. That's why the Church compiled a Bible. Christianity centers around the Mass and Eucharist, not the Bible. The Lord said nothing about compiling a Bible for the sole source on his Ministry. But He said plenty about the Mass." End quote.

Born again believers are not missing anything. You, the un-reborn dead (Roman Catholics) spew garbage which saddens a true believer in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Roman Catholics have reduced the Lord Jesus to a cracker. What will you say a the Great White Throne judgment when you finally discover He is not and never was a cracker?

The Roman Catholic mass is......When our Lord Jesus died on the cross, his spilled blood and broken body was an actual sacrifice. The Roman Catholic Church teaches, however, that since the bread and wine of communion are literally and miraculously transformed into Christ's literal body and blood, then every Roman Catholic Mass is every bit as much of an actual sacrifice as was when Jesus was crucified.

Trent said:

If anyone says that in the Mass a true and real sacrifice is not offered to God; or that to be offered is nothing else than that Christ is given to us to eat, LET HIM BE ANATHEMA.

Vatican II said:

For it is the liturgy through which, especially in the divine sacrifice of the Eucharist,'the work of our redemption is accomplished.'

Hence the Mass, the Lord's Supper, is at the same time and inseparably: a sacrifice in which the sacrifice of the cross is perpetuated.

These words from Vatican II are important for two reasons:

1. Vatican II agreed with the many proclamations before it, that every Roman Catholic Mass is "a sacrifice in which the sacrifice of the cross is perpetuated".

2. Because many people naively believe that Vatican II changed this teaching. Vatican II in fact did not change any prior doctrine of the Church whatsoever.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church is very clear:

"The sacrifice of Christ and the sacrifice of the Eucharist are one single sacrifice:'The victim is one and the same: the same [Christ] now offers through the ministry of priests, who then offered Himself on the Cross; only the manner of offering is different.''And since in this divine sacrifice which is celebrated in the Mass, the same Christ who offered Himself once in a bloody manner on the altar of the Cross is contained and is offered in an unbloody manner... this sacrifice is truly propitiatory."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#481994 Oct 14, 2013
Each time Jesus replied the same ***three dangerous words*** that DEFEATED the Devil.....

IT IS WRITTEN.....
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#481995 Oct 14, 2013
What the Bible Says About Jesus' Sacrifice

We know the Roman Catholic Church teaches that Christ's sacrifice is performed perpetually in every Roman Catholic Mass. The Bible, however, teaches that His sacrifice was unquestionably a one-time event in history.

Hebrews 9:12, "Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption."

Notice the verb tense, "having obtained." The writer of the book of Hebrews is making it clear that Jesus' sacrifice was an event that happened and finished in the past.

Hebrews 7:27, "He has no need, like those high priests, to offer sacrifices daily, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he offered up himself."

Again, note the words "he did this once" and also the verb tenses. "He offered up himself" is an action that started and was completed in the past.

Hebrews 9:24-28, 24 "For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf. 25 Nor was it to offer himself repeatedly, as the high priest enters the holy places every year with blood not his own, 26 for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, 28 so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him."

This verse is even clearer. This passage is contrasting Jesus to the priests of the Old Testament. Under the old covenant, the human priests had to continually offer sacrifices over and over. In contrast to those earthly priests, Christ performed one single sacrifice. The Roman Catholic Church treats Christ's sacrifice like the imperfect Old Testament sacrifices.

Hebrews 10:10-14, 10 "And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. 14 For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified."

Notice that throughout these verses occurs the statement "once for all" which shows how perfect, complete, and final Jesus' sacrifice was! His work on the cross constituted one historic event which need never be repeated and which in fact cannot be repeated. Paul said in Romans 6:9, "We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him." Any pretense of a continuous offering for sin is worse than vain, it is blasphemy and true fulfillment of the Scripture, Hebrews 6:6, "since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame."

Despite the fact that the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus' sacrifice was a one-time event forever, the Roman Catholic church continues to teach that through the Mass, Christ is sacrificed repeatedly. Remember, Vatican II said that every Roman Catholic Mass is "a sacrifice in which the sacrifice of the cross is perpetuated."

Our salvation is not defined on what we do. Salvation is our belief in what He has already DONE!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#481996 Oct 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look it up on the internet, according to your phone, it will give specific instructions how to activate it. Sometimes you have to have wifi, or plug it into a computer...depending on the type of phone.
Anyway, it will explain all that to you in the instructions.
It would be esyer for me to mail it to you you turn it on and mail it back...lol

Location hidden

#481997 Oct 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>when all else fails .READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.
and if that doesn't work, give it to a pre teen girl. she can show her
It didnt come with a booklet, Honestly I guess they think everyone is smart in the field of electronics...lol

Location hidden

#481998 Oct 14, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>None of these posters who critesize the Catholic Church would go to a Mass and pay attention to what is said. If reading the Bible were a necessary means of salvation, Our Lord would have made that statement and also provided the necessary means for his followers So true.
well, I know you aint talking about me...lol

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#481999 Oct 14, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I got a smart phone and dont know how to use it. I have no clue how to access the internet. it took me a day to figure out how to answer the phone when it rang..lol...My daughter keeps tell me to play with it and thats how I will learn. Well, I have been playing with it for 3 weeks now and still dont know how to access the internet.....
Is it Windows,..I phone??

It's,there really SERA,..go to the,store if you have one . That's,how I started to figure mine,out .

They sold me a Windows,..I was asking for info..due for upgrade,..etc .
It was,ok but friends,said,I phone better .

Went back to store 6months later . Said I'm not happy loyal ATT fir 30 years,..they had a,Sep iCal on older model iPhones,as upgrades,...now I was realm feeling bad ..the manager ..got me the,IPHONE,for 99 cents,..

And,showed me a,lot on it ...And sold me expensive case,lol.

Now I'm due for upgrade . Renew contract ..going to get later model ..But not newest ..they ars hundreds,of dollars .

The,trick with smart phones . Listen well...hey do not tell you this

REALLLY GOOD ONE especially if you din t have unlimited ..

Go o settings..IF FInD Wi FI and hook phone to it ..it's faster than
Phone AND DOES NOT USE DATA ...it's,free time on net ..or games etc .

My SIL did for me ...all theses people on court tv with hundreds,of
Dollars,on phone bill are nuts ....I barely use 5 percent of my data,plan ...

But y our internet should be easy to find ..really ...

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#482000 Oct 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's in your phone's menu.
Or on the screen
..on starting up .

A,picture,..something ..internet should be right there .

At least on Windows,phone,or IPhone

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#482001 Oct 14, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>It didnt come with a booklet, Honestly I guess they think everyone is smart in the field of electronics...lol
Read my message .

Go to the store where you bought it

Some user manuals,are,online,..

Or find,a,teen lol ..as,Preston says,

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#482002 Oct 14, 2013
StarC wrote:
Q.
Did Our Lord write any part of the New Testament or command His Apostles to do so?
A.
"Our Lord Himself never wrote a line, nor is there any record that He ordered his Apostles to write; He did command them to teach and to preach. Also He to Whom all power was given in Heaven and on earth (Matt. 28-18) promised to give them the Holy Spirit (John 14-26) and to be with them Himself till the end of the world (Mat. 28-20).
COMMENT: If reading the Bible were a necessary means of salvation, Our Lord would have made that statement and also provided the necessary means for his followers."
FIRST CHRISTIAN
CALLED CATHOLICS
~~~

WORD OF WHAT ..WORD FROM WHERE ...THE VATICAN, THE POPE?

NOT THE WORD OF GOD

You make us all understand why the Roman Catholics hate the Bible..

MATTHEW 16:13-19 MAKES YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS OUT TO BE LIARS...

IT DOES NOT SAY WHAT YOU LIARS SAY IT SAYS...

JESUS HERE MAKES NO MENTION OF A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...

A POPE

IMMACULATE CONCEPTION

HOLY ASSUMPTION..

PERPETUAL VIRGINITY OF MARY..

A ROSARY

NOR ANY OF THE OTHER HEATHEN LIES THAT YOU TEACH..

HERE IT IS ...READ IT AND ADMIT YOU ARE LIARS...ON GOD YET...

Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

THEN KNOW THAT

Pro 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#482003 Oct 14, 2013
OldJG wrote:
What the Bible Says About Jesus' Sacrifice
We know the Roman Catholic Church teaches that Christ's sacrifice is performed perpetually in every Roman Catholic Mass. The Bible, however, teaches that His sacrifice was unquestionably a one-time event in history.
Hebrews 9:12, "Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption."
Notice the verb tense, "having obtained." The writer of the book of Hebrews is making it clear that Jesus' sacrifice was an event that happened and finished in the past.
Hebrews 7:27, "He has no need, like those high priests, to offer sacrifices daily, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he offered up himself."
Again, note the words "he did this once" and also the verb tenses. "He offered up himself" is an action that started and was completed in the past.
Hebrews 9:24-28, 24 "For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf. 25 Nor was it to offer himself repeatedly, as the high priest enters the holy places every year with blood not his own, 26 for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, 28 so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him."
This verse is even clearer. This passage is contrasting Jesus to the priests of the Old Testament. Under the old covenant, the human priests had to continually offer sacrifices over and over. In contrast to those earthly priests, Christ performed one single sacrifice. The Roman Catholic Church treats Christ's sacrifice like the imperfect Old Testament sacrifices.
Hebrews 10:10-14, 10 "And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when Christ had offered for all time
Snipped for slander
Despite the fact that the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus' sacrifice was a one-time event forever, the Roman Catholic church continues to teach that through the Mass, Christ is sacrificed repeatedly. Remember, Vatican II said that every Roman Catholic Mass is "a sacrifice in which the sacrifice of the cross is perpetuated."
Our salvation is not defined on what we do. Salvation is our belief in what He has already DONE!
If you're interested in truth (lol) you should know that Catholics do NOT believe that Christ is 'sacrificed repeatedly' at the Mass.
Jesus said, "Do this in remembrance of me".
Doing THIS is the Holy Mass.
He never said, "write this in remembrance of me". That's what you fundies seem to believe. But Paul warned us about you guys coming along and preaching a different gospel. Its amazing you can still functioning without the right faith. God is indeed all loving and merciful.
truth

Perth, Australia

#482004 Oct 14, 2013
Paul saul why you prosecuted me..who..who are you..
i am one what you do to me..
yesssssssssssss

Did you say again what Paul say;'he say what church need they took from you as alive believers
as alive church!

I find myself after prayers..in deep sleep but not for so long no..i fill as i have to fill..as nobody believe as it is as it is.

INRI

-lags hands entire body
mind crown pain as never before

now
-its exist very low organization
-its exist very high organization
to ruin every person and every family

now
Why you think that real Creator created us for suffering?

#482005 Oct 14, 2013
JESUS SAID

Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

No roman catholic church mentioned Here,,

~~~

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

No Roman Catholic Church mentioned here..

~~~

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

No Roman Catholic Church mentioned here..

~~~
Mar_1:39 And he preached in their synagogues throughout all Galilee, and cast out devils.

Mar_2:2 And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them.

Mar_6:12 And they went out, and preached that men should repent.

Mar_14:9 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.

Mar_16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Luk_3:18 And many other things in his exhortation preached he unto the people.

Luk_4:44 And he preached in the synagogues of Galilee.

Luk_7:22 Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.

Luk_16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Luk_20:1 And it came to pass, that on one of those days, as he taught the people in the temple, and preached the gospel, the chief priests and the scribes came upon him with the elders,

Luk_24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

JESUS NOR THE APOSTLES, PREACHED ABOUT A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH..

~~~

PETER DISCLAIMED... ANY SPECIAL POSITION ... ABOVE ANY OF THE OTHER APOSTLES

READ IT FOR YOURSELVES

Act 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel,

why marvel ye at this? or

==> why look ye so earnestly on us,

as though

by our own power

or holiness

we had made this man to walk? <--

Act 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.
Act 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

Act 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

Act 3:16

--> And his/JESUS name through faith in his/JESUS name

hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

PETER GAVE THE GLORY TO GOD...

#482006 Oct 14, 2013
Judged:
[Incendiary]

[Racy]

[Nuts]

StarC wrote:
Q.
A.
FIRST CHRISTIAN
CALLED CATHOLICS

~~~

WORD OF WHAT ..WORD FROM WHERE ...THE VATICAN, THE POPE?

NOT THE WORD OF GOD

You make us all understand why the Roman Catholics hate the Bible..

MATTHEW 16:13-19 MAKES YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS OUT TO BE LIARS...

IT DOES NOT SAY WHAT YOU LIARS SAY IT SAYS...

JESUS HERE MAKES NO MENTION OF A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH...

A POPE

IMMACULATE CONCEPTION

HOLY ASSUMPTION..

PERPETUAL VIRGINITY OF MARY..

A ROSARY

NOR ANY OF THE OTHER HEATHEN LIES THAT YOU TEACH..

HERE IT IS ...READ IT AND ADMIT YOU ARE LIARS...ON GOD YET...

Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

THEN KNOW THAT

Pro 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

~~~
WHY DO YOU JUDGE THE WORD OF GOD AS

YOU JUDGED MY POST

Judged:
[Incendiary]

[Racy]

[Nuts]

GOD WILL JUDGE YOU ...

AND HIS JUDGMENT WILL BE JUST,,,
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#482007 Oct 14, 2013
St Callistus (232 AD)_
The life of St Callistus is another reminder that the course of Church history, like that of true love, never did run smooth. The Catholic Church had to (and still must) go through the agonizing struggle to retain and convey the mysteries of the true faith in language that, at the very least, sets up definite barriers of opinion to error. On the disciplinary side, the Catholic Church had to preserve the mercy of Christ against rigorism and heresy while still upholding the true gospel ideal of radical conversion and self-discipline. St Callistus was martyred during a local disturbance in Trastevere, Rome and is the 1st Pope (except for Peter) to be commemorated as a martyr in the martrydom history of the Catholic Church. Every pope—indeed every Christian—must walk the difficult path between "reasonable" indulgence and "reasonable" rigorism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min WasteWater 95,549
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 4 min WasteWater 4,501
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 min New Age Spiritual... 441,339
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Winter is Coming 740,507
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min WasteWater 259,755
www.mygiftcardsite.com balance - Mygiftcardsite... (Dec '12) 9 min munner34 31
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min Student 38,720
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min bad bob 173,879
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 26 min ChristINSANITY is... 227,931
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 51 min waaasssuuup 601,199

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••