Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,257)

Showing posts 465,121 - 465,140 of529,565
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

You wrote
I just looked it up the Malware ....as I haven't installed my new,Norton .

It says,to use alongside your antivirus ..???

~~~
I don't use just any malware program

I USE " MALWAREBYTES ANITI-MALWARE "...C.CLEANER,...

SPY BOT... SEARCH AND DESTROY...
and
MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS..with it...

----

i STAY AWAY FROM NORTON ...i HAD IT ONCE AND A VIRUS FROZE IT AND DESTROYED MY REGISTRY...IT ALSO DOMINATES YOU P.C..

I HAVE FOUND MALWAREBYTES ANITI-MALWARE BEST..FOR

getting rid of a VIRUS

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Rosesz wrote:
<quoted text> if you read across the top banner
They are,trying to get people,to cheat on their wives,.
Everyone here,who sees,the top ad or the,pip in ad should report it ...
It's,telling us,to sin..
On selected,forums,..not all . It's,offensive ..
Well that ad wont do Nickie any good...he has trouble just with normal breathing let alone cheating on me. So I'm safe lol. But those ads are discusting and I agree with you Rose.They should be taken down.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 480,000 posts and most posts are catholic versus protestants or protestants versus catholics.
If the bible is truly about the inspired words of god then why do catholics argue doctrines with protestants if they ALL use the same words of God to come to their conclusions which are different from each other.
BUSTED!
FORGET US,AND THE BICKERING ..just READ,for yourself .

Mere,Christianity ..another book ...by a,real skeptic C S,LEWIS,.

just saying ..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 480,000 posts and most posts are catholic versus protestants or protestants versus catholics.
If the bible is truly about the inspired words of god then why do catholics argue doctrines with protestants if they ALL use the same words of God to come to their conclusions which are different from each other.
BUSTED!
We don"t use the same Bible TRANSLATION

The Roman Catholic Vulgate is

only a shadow/excerpts (IF YOU PLEASE) OF the true translation from the GREEK...TEXT

IT LEAVES OUT THE MEAT OF THE WORD...AS SOME OTHER MODERN TRANSLATIONS DO...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a lie and what is the truth??
......An argument of total confusion!!
.....Its obvious the infighting on this forum between christians indicate that all cannot be right. Either ONLY one is right or none are right out of the 42,001 different christian sects. Right OXbow? Right!
.... Each of these 42,001 christian sects ALL use the very same INSPIRED WORDS OF GOD to justify and verify their each 42,001 different doctrines and biblical beliefs. How can that be?
Even if ONE! of these christian sects is right (1 in 42,001 chance its yours) in their their belief of what is written in the bible, that means 42,000 out of 42,001 SECTS are wrong and practicing FALSE beliefs! and that means an awful lot of so called christians are on a pathway to DOOM/GLOOM!
.....The argument if the God of evangelical Christianity existed, then the Bible would be PERFECTLY CLEAR and 100% authoritative to ALL; but since the Bible does not meet either of these criteria, the God of evangelical Christianity probably does not exist.
BUSTED!
When you can answer my question...get back to me:

Are you saying that this is a lie???:

Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying,“Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.” And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE BIBLE SAYS PRAY WITH OUT CEASING
1Th 5:14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
1Th 5:15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
1Th 5:16 Rejoice evermore.
-->1Th 5:17 Pray without ceasing.
1Th 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1Th 5:19 Quench not the Spirit.
1Th 5:20 Despise not prophesyings.
1Th 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
1Th 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Ti 2:8 ==> I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting. <--
What does that have to do with the price of beef in Japan????!!!!

There is no Scripture that teaches we are too "stand on the street corners" and do as the Pharisees....pray to be seen of men...

I equate the net as the street corners in Scripture..

Does your nurse know you are up and about????
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that this is a lie???:
Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying,“Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.” And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.
You never bother to get to the nitty gritty of what you want to convince me of. The Holy City of Jerusalem is a city,not a person,but a city is comprised of people who build that city. Jesus does not marry a city does He? The whole Bride of Christ is comprised of redeemed peoples who are filled with the Spirit of "God.Jesus does not marry Angels,nor is the New Jerusalem a place that holds alien beings which are not from this planet.So what is your point? We are the Bride of Christ,but the Wedding has YET to happen,so technically speaking we are engaged to Him,and many of us are in testing as to how we will be presented to Him. What is the truth about the 10 Virgins?5 had oil in their lamps,the other 5 were sloughing and lost their opportunity to get those lamps oiled in time for the arrival of the Groom.What is this OIL that was needed?

The New City of Jerusalem has to have human occupants,surely they are the redeemed of the Lord Jesus Christ,who will become His BRIDE!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>My Church started when Christ gave the keys to Peter. My Church is beautiful . I will always defend her.
Go ahead...and that is what everyone else is doing also. Defending their Faith....

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Go ahead...and that is what everyone else is doing also. Defending their Faith....
Faith ..exactly

in Our Saviour

In HIM whom we are to believe Redeemed us,.

He was on Calvary being Crucified
HE took our Sin to tell Cross

..not Peter ..who was a great Apostle who redeemed no one .

He,did what Christ told Him

Preach ..the WORD ..Baptize BELIEVERS ..(those who profess WITH THEIR MOUTH...Christ as,Saviour )

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

THAT is,our belief ...:)

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Well that ad wont do Nickie any good...he has trouble just with normal breathing let alone cheating on me. So I'm safe lol. But those ads are discusting and I agree with you Rose.They should be taken down.
And insulting they pop up on he Christian threads ..But not others I've been on.

And I don't think You'd have to worry on Nick any way :)
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
only a shadow/excerpts (IF YOU PLEASE) OF the true translation from the GREEK...TEXT
the common misconception among you and all the other fundies is that the Bible came prepared- from the Apostles- and the Roman Catholic Church deciphered the writings, thus forming a theology based upon what a group of Bishops could see, after careful study.
well, that is how the Pentecostal revival was formed. that's not how the catholic faith was formed. The Church came first and the Bible as you know it, is the product of the sacred tradition of this Church. Jesus never commanded anyone to form a Christian set on scriptures. He simply installed an authoritative teaching Magisterium. if you weren't so deliberately ignorant, you could see the Church that's still standing to this day.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
IF IT HAS...THEN WHY IS IT BRINGING FORTH EVIL INSTEAD OF GOOD...
I/we as Catholic will leave the "bringing forth evil" to you Confrinting. It is "evil" that is directly connected to (your) condemning and judging the faith and salvation of other Christians (especially Catholics)!!!! When you "eventually" come to TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ, all of this anti-catholic (blind) bigotry of yours "just might" come to end. Until then your "sin of hate, hostility, vengeance and vindictiveness toward other Christians------remains"! !!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>ignore her, she along with oxbore have become like robinson crusoe and are stuck on an island by themselves.
NO ONE wants to talk to them or have anything to do with them. several of us have resorted to personal messages to each other rather than let them know what we are doing or is happening
LOL Robinson Caruso LOL

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
the common misconception among you and all the other fundies is that the Bible came prepared- from the Apostles- and the Roman Catholic Church deciphered the writings, thus forming a theology based upon what a group of Bishops could see, after careful study.
well, that is how the Pentecostal revival was formed. that's not how the catholic faith was formed. The Church came first and the Bible as you know it, is the product of the sacred tradition of this Church. Jesus never commanded anyone to form a Christian set on scriptures. He simply installed an authoritative teaching Magisterium. if you weren't so deliberately ignorant, you could see the Church that's still standing to this day.
So 're letters,from Paul came from where,...why??? While he was preaching may be ??

And the,gospel writers put down the life of Jesus,in writing ..why .
who knows that some scribe was not writing during His life .

The,apostles though Jesus was returning soon .

I'm sure the,Spirit,inspired them to leave His ministry for posterity.

Or is,this that basement monk ?? Made it up for the bishops .

Th as,how you guys,talk sometimes..as if scripture was invented by the
RCC

We,know,the scripture was,not put together by Jesus ..we are,not crazy .

You ever play telephone???

Word of mouth can be distorted over generations,..

Why else did so much writing come out of the,early Church .

Your thoughts,on EHAT non Catholics think are,not right a all .

Men are men ..your institution..any institution is run by men ..

I'm lad the gospels were,written ....hopefully NOT ANY that guy in the basement ..I'm tying to show you how,disrespectful to the,WORD
your logic seems ..

And your insistence on its,not being as consequential as it is
Becomes a,stumbling block ...fir believers or those putting down the WORD...INSISTING they must follow,a,Church ..it's,rituals,..in order to believe.

What this leads to is,non believers putting down GOD ..HIS,SON ..by pointing at the CHURCH .

YOU DON'T READ THEIR POSTS ...try point to excesses ...SINS... SCANDALS
IN ANY CHURCH....ANY MEN
ten,Borgiasz ..the Bakers

They need believe in Jesus,Christ ..Son of the most High God Creator
As,seen through HIS WORD ..AS,THE INFALLIBLE WORD .

THEY LAUGH at the idea,of men ..a,man being infallible .A CHURCH being e only way ...especially when the name if Our Lord cannot stand,alone
Without telling,w Ord Church

He died ..he took sin ..with HIM IT WAS FINISHED....the "Church ""
You speak of was hiding ...they were men ..NOT GOD

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Robinson Caruso LOL
HEY Maybe our buddy IGGY is,Friday ..Lol

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Go ahead...and that is what everyone else is doing also. Defending their Faith....
Darn I got flabby lips,..You or Jiffy nut ..
I just be,slipping

All my RACY talk about FAITH IN OUR LORD .

How terrible of me

Ridiculous,nonsense
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael..read this,book.
It's,small ..if you won't reAd,John which I'd recommend
Author Richard,Exley
Title.....And Then He Called My Name .
It's very interesting ...stories about 12 people at the,Crucifixion
And backed up with Scripture ..The Father . THE SON..Judas,..etc
Available on Amazon
Scripture is not world history. Scriptures are christian belief ONLY!.

There are no writers, scribes, philosophers, statesmen, government officials, or Jews from the entire mediteranean from 4BCE to 30AD that recorded or handed down any tradition/story/miracle that there was a God man named Jesus, yet ONLY in christian scriptures it claims the crowds following Jesus were enormous, and he performed miracles for thousands, yet TOTAL silence from anyone in the entire mediteranean during this time period.

The only writings/stories/hand me down traditions came ONLY decades after this man supposedly died. Then suspiciously these writings disappeared for nearly 160 years before they ALL suspiciously appeared again at the same time and ONLY on the doorstep of the catholic fathers and no one else.

.... Imagine today for the very first time, we hear about the civil war that ended about 160 years ago? About the same amount of time lapsed after the death of Jesus (christians claim)before the christian fathers heard about the gospel writers and what they wrote for the first time.

UNBELIEVABLE!

.... Anyone can write anything about a dead man because he can't dispute anything they wrote about him.

.....very troublesome.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

<quoted text>
Catholics/protestants disagree on several doctrines/scriptures meanings in the bible. Just like Jews claim christians interpret the old and new testament differently then they do.

Did God fail in making the Old and New testament CRYSTAL CLEAR that all would understand exactly what his inspired messages were? Seems so.

Name calling and insults, people called LIARS! etc. is common on this forum from both so called christian sides. If there is a loving God I am sure he is not impressed with any of the 42,001 different christian sects.

Just maybe those outside of christianity have the real message of truth. Treat everyone as an equal, and not claim "I am right and you are not" as the MILLIONS of members of 42,001 christian sects all claim.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
~~~
THE BIBLE SAYS PRAY WITH OUT CEASING
1Th 5:14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
1Th 5:15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
1Th 5:16 Rejoice evermore.
-->1Th 5:17 Pray without ceasing.
1Th 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1Th 5:19 Quench not the Spirit.
1Th 5:20 Despise not prophesyings.
1Th 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
1Th 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Ti 2:8 ==> I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting. <--
The bible ALSO says.....

Who is the father of Joseph?

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

Confrinting, who was the real father of Joseph? The bible gives two different (answers) names. Was it Jacob or Heli?

Take a guess?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 465,121 - 465,140 of529,565
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

502 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min Johnny 1,342
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 min WasteWater 93,103
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min WasteWater 255,469
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min gort 715,610
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min Strength and Honor 171,377
Women hate disabled men and find them disgusting (Sep '08) 26 min bryan 61
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 26 min Zioni 114,497
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr BenAdam 598,695
•••