Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654242 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#482079 Oct 14, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is ok for you guys to make exceptions to the "all have sinned" rule and not Catholics?
So why doesn't it say except for Mary?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#482080 Oct 14, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Jesus approves of you mocking people who offer sincere heartfelt prayers to Him and His mother?
Jesus doesn't know folks who do not a relationship with Him. So I guess it doesn't bother Him (I'm guessing though)

I think Jesus might say, "why would someone pray to my Mother. I'm the one who died for their sins!! I could be wrong though....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#482081 Oct 14, 2013
who="Husker Du" <quoted text>The rosary has seven Our Fathers, fifty three Hail Mary's , seven Glory Be's One Apostles Creed, One Hail Holy Queen. Now there are four different Mysteries to think on when saying the rosary, now add 28 more Our Fathers etc, you do the math. I would say meditating on Christ saying the Our Father seven times per day and fifty three Hail Mary's , Glory be Apostles Creed, Hail Holy Queen and the Fatima prayer after each decade, makes a powerful petition to Christ.

----------
Mat 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions (repeats), as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

FIFTY THREE Hail Mary's ??? TWENTY EIGHT OUR FATHERS???
Why (I know the answer) does Mary get nearly twice the greetings that Our Father gets???

IF I met a friend, and they said, "Hello, KayMarie fifty three times", I would wonder what was wrong with them.

Vain, indeed...

KayMarie

P.S. Hail is a common greeting...or farewell...that is used for Mary ONE time. She is said to be full of grace (charis...root of charismatic...God's grace). All of the Apostles and women in the Upper Room were filled with Gods 'charis'(Holy Ghost). Peter declared that that gift is "to you and your children, AS MANY AS THE LORD OUR GOD SHALL CALL."
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#482082 Oct 14, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for embarrassing you, I promise the next time you mock Catholics I'll try to overlook your spelling errors. I just thought if you were going to ridicule altar boys, priests and the mass you should at least know how to spell it correctly.
You didn't embarrass me. You can make fun of me all you want Tony. I just find it funny you accuse me of snide comments towards you and then you make fun of me. Don't whine about it next time it happens...k?
Peter Paul and Mary

Universal City, TX

#482084 Oct 14, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned
**why doesn't it say, "except for Mary"? How does the pope who came up with this doctrine get around this verse?
Why doesn't it say except for Adam and Eve in the beginning?
Peter Paul and Mary

Universal City, TX

#482086 Oct 14, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus doesn't know folks who do not a relationship with Him. So I guess it doesn't bother Him (I'm guessing though)
I think Jesus might say, "why would someone pray to my Mother. I'm the one who died for their sins!! I could be wrong though....
"why would someone pray to my Mother". We don't pray to HIS Mother, we ask her to intercede for us. It is biblical, look it up and then we can talk. Oh wait, maybe those books were taken out of your Bible.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#482089 Oct 14, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you accuse me of having snide comments towards you maybe a month or so ago? Yes you did and you remember it.
And then you make fun of my spelling...you are a hypocrite along with your friend Regina.
As I said, I made note of your mistake as you were mocking and ridiculing altar boys, priests and the mass. If nothing else, I'd have thought you'd at least feel some shame in that. Not sure what kind of protestantism you joined up with, but it's not the kind of group I'd be proud of.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#482090 Oct 14, 2013
Chuck wrote:
Part of the rosary:
“Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy! Our life, our sweetness and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping, in this valley of tears. Turn, then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us; and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.”
**And then part of the explanation of this prayer:
God has given her all His graces for us. They come from God through Mary(DID U READ THAT...THROUGH MARY). All we need to do is ask for them with a humble, loving, and contrite heart.
**God's graces come from Jesus Christ and only Jesus Christ.
** To say that God has given her all His graces for us. They come from God through Mary is a lie from the pit of Hell.
How did Our Lord Jesus Christ come to us? Through the womb of Mary. Mary said yes to God and He entered this world through the Blessed Mother. Is this a lie from the pit of Hell?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#482091 Oct 14, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>See how rose gerts off topic when we debate .
you got a thing for rose dont you? Everyone here at one time or another has got off topix here.And it was I also that was off topix and so was Preston, Thunder, and a few others talking about computers and phones but you fail to mention the rest of us...you would do better if you stick to what you know and stop the personal attacks on her. I know they dont teach that in your church.

Location hidden

#482092 Oct 14, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>When saying the rosary, you meditate on Christ's life, but maybe that is too hard for you to understand. I guess that is why people call some protestants fundies, you can't understand many things.
Your first sentance was beautiful the rest shows your arrogance.

Location hidden

#482093 Oct 14, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Satan loves how you post about the rosary, you make Satan proud. Shame on you.
And satans is also proud of your post also...when pointing fingers you have to make sure your hands are clean also...
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#482094 Oct 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your CRS pill...you have already said that...
Take a pill yourself. I'm quoting you, or did you forget.
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#482095 Oct 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are way out....far far away in a dense fog...
This thread has nothing to do with corrupt communication..
Has nothing to do with prayers being edifying...
The Pharisees were also not ashamed to pray on the street corners to be seen by men.
You have lost it!!!!
"Some of the most dangerous people in the world are religious zealots."

Location hidden

#482096 Oct 14, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Since you said you were Catholic at one time, ANSWER THIS. Christ IS the Eucharist. Wouldn't you think someone who receives Christ and is reverant has a better chance at Heaven than someone who reads passages in the bible and doesn't ever enter a church ? What about visiting Christ at a Eucharistic Holy Hour and reading the bible then, in the presence of Christ. What about just talking to Christ during the Eucharisatic Visitation? Why did you quit believing Christ is present during this time? Have you ever spent time visiting Christ when the Eucharist is present? Did you receive First Communion and receive Christ? Why did you quit believing? was it because the Church is against the pill and you wanted to have fun and not get pregnant like you quoted so many times before on the abortion forums?
You think because you are in the TRUE Church and recieve the Eucharist that you are holier than Rose? your behavoir towards her shows that you are far less a christian than she is.Think again...why rose left your Chruch is none of your business and she has explained it many times in the past why she left. Your post was intended as in insult to her. Your last sentance proves it.You scored zero with God and t on the back with satan..You "made satan proud"
Tango Bravo

Wichita, KS

#482097 Oct 14, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Since the man of God is "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!!
How can he be more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!
thoroughly: completely
"Some of the most dangerous people in the world are religious zealots."

Location hidden

#482102 Oct 14, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Muslims believe in the Immaculate Conception. I find that protestants disrespect the Mother of Christ. The protestant founders are responseble for this sin, the protestants now can right a wrong by believing in the truth, that Mary was conceived without sin, god had a plan for her and to carry the Savior of the world, one has to be Immaculate. Protestants do not understand this, we need to pray for them.
You compare Muslims with Protestants??? Ok lets....Muslims are not christians and do not believe In Jesus as the son of God.Protestants Do...Muslims are exterminating Catholic and Orthodox Christians in the Middle East, Protestants are not.Wouldnt you call Muslims exterminating our brothers and sisters in the Middle East as disrepecting Christ and the Theotokos a much more serious problem than the beliefs of the Protestant Church? I cant believe that you compared Muslims to the Protestants!!! I guess you havent seen the video of a Muslim decapating a 3 year old Christians girl in front of her father and forcing him to watch.You would do best if you stick to what you DO KNOW.There is a serious problem in the Middle East and Muslims are the problem not the Protestants.Pray for the Christians in the Middle East. That is where the CATHOLIC CHURCH,ORTHODOX CHURCH AND EVERY CHRISTIAN CHURCH needs to be praying for!!! Amen..
LTM

Terrace Bay, Canada

#482103 Oct 14, 2013
Peter Paul and Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
"why would someone pray to my Mother". We don't pray to HIS Mother, we ask her to intercede for us. It is biblical, look it up and then we can talk. Oh wait, maybe those books were taken out of your Bible.
{intercessory prayer}/ are prayers; prayed by live people for live people. You have put Mary in the way of Jesus , instead of people going to God in the name of Jesus, you have people going to Jesus in the name of Mary, which isn't bibical.
Jesus is the WAY THE ONLY WAY TO THE FATHER; WHO INTERCEDES ON OUR BEHALF; HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN AND DOES WHO IS IN HEAVEN .
MARY DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY OR THE POWER TO HEAR PRAYERS OR TO ANSWER THEM.

Location hidden

#482104 Oct 14, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>She explained ahe went on the pill and left because of that, she wanted to have fun. her words, not mine. She went against the Church because we don't approve of abortifcients. Also the pro borts made her feel less consciences about being on the pill. she must of had her conscience bothering her big time if she left the Church. When one receives the Eucharist, knowing the Eucharist is Christ IS a lot beter than someone who thinks the Eucharist is a symbal. We receive Christ in the Eucharist sometimes seven days a week. God gave us a backbone and the knowledge to use it. if I didn't stand up for my Church, then I would be sinning. I feel sorry fer you if you think I am supposed to cower away from your remarks that are against my Church.
I am not going against your church. I am going against YOU! You are not a perfect Catholic and have No RIGHT to judge Rose or any other person on this forum...You think that spouting off what rose may have said on another forum makes you look good and her look bad, your wrong. Rose does not use personal attacks to you or anyone else on this forum. Just because you disagree with her opinions of your church is NOT attacking your church.You can stand up for your church without the personal attacks and insults. No one expects anything less.Also, my point is this,,,,just because someone does recieve the Eucharist everyday DOES NOT MAKE HIM A BETTER CHRISTIAN THAN SOMEONE WHO DOESNT.You have to practice what you preach! You have to live the life! I am Not Knocking the Catholic Church. I am knocking those Catholics that love to degrade, insult, and personally attack non Catholics...And I bet you that most everyone here on this forum had"alittle fun" in their teenage years and wasnt all that into their church until much later in life....It matters NOT when you come to Christ as long as you finally come!!!!

Location hidden

#482105 Oct 14, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>My Church is the One True Church.
And that is what Catholic Church teaches you. The Orthodox Church says differant...

Location hidden

#482106 Oct 14, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Well I stand up for my rosary. Deal with it. YOU' RE VERY NASTY, AND REMEMBER I CAN DISH IT OUT PRETTY GOOD.I think satan is proud of you, Now, what about YOU hands ...Where have your hands been?
I never said anything about the rosary. In fact I think it is beautiful.I am not trying to be nasty and I am sorry you see it that way. I am trying to make you see that you need to stop the personal insults on Rose or anyone else that disagrees with you.Yes, lets talk about my hands...My hands were very dirty in the beginning and still get dirty from time to time. But the beauty of it all is that I am aware of my faults and I pray about them and work towards bettering myself.I am not perfect but I am working on trying to become a better person.But you know what....I wash my hands several time a day and dont stick them back in the same mud they came out of...Try it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Toby 106,570
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 64,227
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale 281,917
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Gabriel 973,892
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min HipGnosis 183,187
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 13 min Johnny 840
Interracial experience-Mexican men and Black women (Jul '12) 21 min Lupe 136
More from around the web