Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,868
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#481806 Oct 13, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The C h u r c h is SOON to become the Bride of Christ,how is it that souls are saved in it,when Jesus is not yet the Groom?The Church did not go to Calvary and shed it's blood for the souls of the whole human race.The Church are the people who have been converted by Christ through the Holy Spirit.
The question should be,does the church hold the power of salvation in her? She does as the Bride to be,that power which has been given to her to go into all the world and teach the gospel,through preaching and teaching.The Church plants seed,and waters it,but the Holy Spirit gives the Increase,as He Alone represents the Lord Jesus Christ who died for our sins.
No church institution or organization has the power to save an individual,or to change the heart of a soul either.But the Church is invested with the power to spread the gospel,and to challenge souls to embrace Christ who redeemed them.Thus the Church is in partner-ship with Christ to spread the Good News of His kingdom which has no end.The Power we have to lead souls to Christ,to expose sin through the Word(Written),to expound on the precious truths of what God's Kingdom is all about,most of all who and what Jesus is,for the redemption of all souls.
Amen

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#481807 Oct 13, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The C h u r c h is SOON to become the Bride of Christ,how is it that souls are saved in it,when Jesus is not yet the Groom?The Church did not go to Calvary and shed it's blood for the souls of the whole human race.The Church are the people who have been converted by Christ through the Holy Spirit.
The question should be,does the church hold the power of salvation in her? She does as the Bride to be,that power which has been given to her to go into all the world and teach the gospel,through preaching and teaching.The Church plants seed,and waters it,but the Holy Spirit gives the Increase,as He Alone represents the Lord Jesus Christ who died for our sins.
No church institution or organization has the power to save an individual,or to change the heart of a soul either.But the Church is invested with the power to spread the gospel,and to challenge souls to embrace Christ who redeemed them.Thus the Church is in partner-ship with Christ to spread the Good News of His kingdom which has no end.The Power we have to lead souls to Christ,to expose sin through the Word(Written),to expound on the precious truths of what God's Kingdom is all about,most of all who and what Jesus is,for the redemption of all souls.
Agree .

You put it better..But that was,my point ..

No CHURCH ..institution..person ..saves .

GOD WORKS through us ..the churches ..the missionaries .

But Jesus,only saves .

We find Him through the leading of the SPIRIT .

Can the Spirit guide a,person INTO a,Church ..
To listen to a,TV Sermons
To read a tread on a forum
To a Christian book not hidden in the religious section. But displayed
Prominently in a,secular book store (nothing is coincidence with God)

Of course ..God uses what He uses, How,He uses it..
MEETS us were We are ..WHEN HE CHOOSES ..

ITS,ALL HIM

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#481808 Oct 13, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
When someone is beginning the spiritual life, he should not study a lot, but instead watch himself and guard his thoughts. A strong person is the one who chews well, not the one who eats a lot.
Elder Paisios of the Holy Mountain
HAVE to think on that one a bit :)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#481809 Oct 13, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>More proof you have never been Catholic. You don't make sense. Are you saying Catholics are excommunicated for believing in the Eucharist? Your posts are very hard to understand, your writing is deplorable. Catholics believe the Eucharist is Christ. the Bosdy blood Soul and Divinity.
Thats NOT what she is saying....maybe if you stop trying to pick apart what she is saying you will understand what she is saying.I understand her and other do also.
truth

Mandurah, Australia

#481810 Oct 13, 2013
evil serve evil
its pure like that

Location hidden

#481811 Oct 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
How is your husband doing? Nice to see you...GBu
truth

Mandurah, Australia

#481812 Oct 13, 2013
lucifer followers are very smart
yeeeeeeee

mind control
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ee

entire universum can be less then pucarika in spring day $ring day 003

o geeeeeeeeeeee

where are you liked yourself

why ants have colony restore what
truth

Mandurah, Australia

#481813 Oct 13, 2013
evil is evil

Lucifer try last posses and deceived as could

it is written
truth

Mandurah, Australia

#481814 Oct 13, 2013
when we died we will lived again somewhere

don't care gor me
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o

if i not care why you need worried

i am free tell you bofore i died

my soul never died
not before not after will be somewhere..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyy

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#481815 Oct 13, 2013
IN RESPONSE TO THE PHARISAICAL POLICE:
SCRIPTURE
The Trinitarian approach to prayer is grounded in Scripture.
The New Testament bears an understanding of the Trinitarian Structure
John 14:6 Jesus declared that He was the way to the Father
Romans 8:26-27 Paul taught that on our own we are incapable of praying but are able to pray because of the Holy Spirit’s intercession in us.
Ephesians 2:18:“For through him (Christ) we both have access to the Father by one Spirit"
==========
THE PHARISAICAL POLICE SAID THAT SCRIPTURE SAYS WE ARE TO PRAY ONLY TO THE FATHER:
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
It do not say: After this manner therefore pray ye: In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit Lord Christ, Our Hope in this world
And people wonder why God does not answer their prayers!!!!(My comment: the Fathers Name is not like a name on a credit card that you must have to have your prayer answered)
==========
BUT SCRIPTURE INDICATES CHRISTIANS WERE NOT RESTRICTED TO PRAYING JUST TO THE FATHER:
1 Corinthians 1:1–2: According to the apostle Paul, New Testament Christians were everywhere PRAYING TO JESUS.“Paul... to the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours”
Paul includes himself among those who called upon the name of Jesus. THESE PRAYERS DIRECTED TO JESUS WERE UNIVERSAL. And the present tense of “call” suggests that the prayers were on-going.
Corinthians 12:8 Paul PRAYED TO JESUS when he “besought the Lord” to remove his thorn in the flesh
2 Thessalonians 2:16–17, Paul blessed the Thessalonians with these words:“May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father... encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.”
==========
Luke 11:1-13) 1 One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him,“Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.” 2 He said to them,“When you pray, say:“‘Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come.
JESUS IS "TEACHING US TO PRAY": He is provid. Jesus does not say we are not to pray to im or the Holy Spirit.
By GIVING US A MODEL OF PRAYER, Jesus did not limit our pray
It is appropriate to pray to the Father directly. The Lord’s Prayer clearly shows that. However, just because we are permitted to pray, and even commanded to pray to the Father, doesn't mean that we are not permitted to pray to the Son or the Holy Spirit.
==========
LETS LOOK AT CHURCH HISTORY:
Perhaps the oldest hymn we have of the First Christians is the
TRISAGION HYMN: A PRAYER ADDRESSED TO THE FATHER, THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT
Holy God! Holy Mighty! Holy Immortal! Have mercy on us.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,now and ever and unto the ages of ages. Amen.
'God' means the Father,
'Strong' means the Son, and
'Immortal' means the Holy Spirit,
Agree

He gave us a way to pray ...WHILE HE WAS ALIVE..He did not say pray to ME because He was right there...He also did not say this is the ONKY as to pray .
Is there not something about the Spirit s leaking fir US with groaning
We cannot hear

...But also said ask the Father in His,name ..

GOD IS TRINITY .

IF WE SAY DEAR GOD ..it's,God in three persons .

However we address them ..Father ..Son ..Spirit ..I'm sure they

Hear us ..

My personal opinion ..if we address GOD in praise or supplication ..I'd leave it to God on the how . Where ..when and intent .

He knows us better than we do ...And our prayers

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#481816 Oct 13, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Thats NOT what she is saying....maybe if you stop trying to pick apart what she is saying you will understand what she is saying.I understand her and other do also.
Thanks,Sera,

I've tried to ask this,question three times.

With this,,person u could,recite the,Catechism

Actually I gave,a,link

She,would and has,disagreed,.

Henri gave me one,answer ..

No one else,.

Maybe they don't KNOW,

Oh well ..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#481817 Oct 13, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No need for tears sis...I'n jist a dingo that's been down a hard road is all...and I require a lot more than nonsensical rhetoric ta justify it all.
I hope ya can see it for the truth show here.
I ain''t knock'n yer religion...i'm look'n for "truth" in it...and so far, I ain't found any at all...
~~~
TRUTH IS BEFORE YOU, as it is all of us..
BUT
In order to find a revelation of the way the truth and the life..
one must first meet the giver of the truth
JESUS CHRIST...(WHICH IS TRUTH PERSONIFIED)
in order to find THE WAY...TO TRUTH, and ultimately
to ETERNAL LIFE.
The way to receive JESUS IS..
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
FOLLOW THESE EASY INSTRUCTIONS.
Rom 10:9 That
1.if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and
2.shalt believe in thine heart
3.that God hath raised him from the dead,
4.thou shalt be saved.
YOU BELIEVE IN YOUR HEART
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;
AND CONFESS WITH YOU MOUTH..
and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
YOU HAVE GOD'S PROMISE...
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
YOUR NATIONALITY DOES NOT MATTER...
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
GOD'S WORD DOES NOT LIE
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
This is HOW/THE WAY one is BORN AGAIN BEING OBEDIENT TO THE WORDS OF JESUS
JESUS SAID..
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
THEN FIND A CHURCH THAT PREACHES THE WORD OF GOD
BE BAPTIZED IN WATER..
AND STRIVE TO BE OBEDIENT TO GOD'S WORD...
TO THE BORN AGAIN IT SAYS
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
LIVE according as God hath dealt to TO YOU the measure of faith.
I appreciate your thoughts and effort.I have found that I can not trust your book, as it has been adulterated by corrupted priests.
Right in the very beginning it(in Genesis) is obvious. Several "pieces" are missing...at least 5 or 6-and probably more. Those "missing" pieces can be found in another book...Jer. I believe.
Jesus talks about "it is written"...but those books he speaks of are nowhere to be found...THAT is deception. A deception of corrupted bishops and priests...and I know most of the reasons they were destroyed and forbidden.
I have listened to you folks discuss the story of creation and Cain, and I find that most of you are totally ignorant about the "beginnings" and who and what the "characters" actually were/are.
And to be very honest, I believe you have all been misled.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#481818 Oct 13, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I am also getting that! It is annoying isnt it.
You folks must be using "windows".
I don't have any such problems.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#481819 Oct 13, 2013
Luke 6-9

The Pharisees are watching Jesus waiting for Him to break the rules and “work” on the Sabbath

Jesus asks them,“I ask you, which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to destroy it?”

What is Jesus pointing out to them?

They don’t want him to heal a man!

Their rules are more important than this man is to them.

They do not rejoice when the man is healed.

They do not notice the miracle performed and what it implies about Jesus.

All they notice is that He “worked” on the Sabbath.

They overlook that at the very same time they are judging Jesus for His "sin" they are plotting to kill Him.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#481820 Oct 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree
He gave us a way to pray ...WHILE HE WAS ALIVE..He did not say pray to ME because He was right there...He also did not say this is the ONKY as to pray .
Is there not something about the Spirit s leaking fir US with groaning
We cannot hear
...But also said ask the Father in His,name ..
GOD IS TRINITY .
IF WE SAY DEAR GOD ..it's,God in three persons .
However we address them ..Father ..Son ..Spirit ..I'm sure they
Hear us ..
My personal opinion ..if we address GOD in praise or supplication ..I'd leave it to God on the how . Where ..when and intent .
He knows us better than we do ...And our prayers
----------

Of course Jesus prayed to the Father in the Lord's Prayer

He couldn't pray to "Jesus". He would be praying to Himself

He couldn't pray to the Holy Spirit, for the Holy Spirit had not yet been sent.The people did not know Who the Holy Spirit was.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#481822 Oct 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your thoughts and effort.I have found that I can not trust your book, as it has been adulterated by corrupted priests.
Right in the very beginning it(in Genesis) is obvious. Several "pieces" are missing...at least 5 or 6-and probably more. Those "missing" pieces can be found in another book...Jer. I believe.
Jesus talks about "it is written"...but those books he speaks of are nowhere to be found...THAT is deception. A deception of corrupted bishops and priests...and I know most of the reasons they were destroyed and forbidden.
I have listened to you folks discuss the story of creation and Cain, and I find that most of you are totally ignorant about the "beginnings" and who and what the "characters" actually were/are.
And to be very honest, I believe you have all been misled.
Hello Thunder

You are of course if your own opinion

We choose to believe the bible .

Cain married most likely a,sister .

These,people Adam and Eve were created perfect ..ate the tree if life for who knows how long ....if THRY had NOT chosen o know evil .

They would have stayed in the garden .

Their DNA was,not corrupted by generation of disease .

Invest was not s problem

If this is the ONLY thing that keeps you from.God ..You are selling yourself short .
And I'm.sorry for that ..

Peace

Location hidden

#481823 Oct 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes windows ......just got my computer fixed too...lol

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#481825 Oct 13, 2013
Luke 6-9
The Pharisees are watching Jesus waiting for Him to break the rules and “work” on the Sabbath
Jesus asks them,“I ask you, which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to destroy it?”
What is Jesus pointing out to them?
They don’t want him to heal a man!
Their rules are more important than this man is to them.
They do not rejoice when the man is healed.
They do not notice the miracle performed and what it implies about Jesus.
All they notice is that He “worked” on the Sabbath.
They overlook that at the very same time they are judging Jesus for His "sin" they are plotting to kill Him.
Amen

A,lesson we all can see :)
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#481826 Oct 13, 2013
The bible says!

How many times did the cock crow, and when did the cock crow?

We will never know (lol)

MAR 14:72 And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

MAT 26:74 Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew.

MAT 26:75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

LUK 22:60 And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew.
LUK 22:61 And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

JOH 13:38 Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, still thou hast denied me thrice.

JOH 18:27 Peter then denied again: and immediately the cock crew.

..........No wonder the bible is Cuckoo!

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#481827 Oct 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on a,tablet no Windows ..just that awful ad ..

It's on another religious forum ..But not on a secular one ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moses never existed 10 min truth 555
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min dirty white boy- 764,451
Dog Food Secrets 38 min Jack dog training 1
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 47 min leyan sha 1,180
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 51 min mike 603,603
(Last Update) All grand theft auto cheats for P... 1 hr gta cheats 1
Secrets To Dog Training: Stop Your Dog's Behavi... 1 hr Jack Miller 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr onemale 263,441
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Catcher1 175,040

Top Stories People Search