Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 640788 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#482056 Oct 14, 2013
I am going to post this again because of the truth of it's content

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Did you read Luke? Hail Mary full of grace...The prayer Hail Mary is in the bible. When Jesus gave the keys to His Church and called Simon Peter the rock, look it up in Matthew. Also don't you think that when one receives Christ in the Eucharist, reverantly will go to Heaven? I am really shocked how you said you were Catholic and then put up trash like you do. You are either not very smart or as sly as the devil because you are saying do not follow the church Christ started, but follow the church man started.

~~~

FIRST OFF ...

I have read the account of what Elizabeth said...

secondly

you wrote

When Jesus gave the keys to His Church and called Simon Peter the rock, look it up in Matthew.

Jesus gave the keys to these...BELOW

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

FOR THIS PURPOSE

Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

THE ROMAN CATHOLICS GENTILE (so called) CHURCH IS DESCRIBED HERE..

Eph 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Eph 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

THE ABOVE FIVE FOLD MINISTRY IS SENT TO ALL..

Eph 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ;

Eph 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

Eph 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

BE/GET BORN AGAIN

Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

STOP YOU LYING

Eph 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

I AM NOT A CATHOLIC..NOR A PROTESTANT

I AM AN EVANGELICAL... A CHRISTIAN

I BELIEVE IN THE WHOLE BIBLE TO BE THE INSPIRED WORD OF GOD..

NOTHING ADDED...NOTHING DELETED
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#482058 Oct 14, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Most altar boys know how to spell "altar". I knew how when I was 8.
So prayer can be from the bible and not from the bible. I think people who pray the rosary are also praying from the heart. So you have a problem with Catholics saying the same prayer more than once. Have you ever prayed the same thing more than once?
I know how to spell it but I thought you being the mature adult that you are would overlook my spelling error. Guess not..my apologies. And protestants give out the cheapshots...lol

You need to figure out what repetitious prayers are and then we'll talk. For now, you're just babbling.

Unlike you, I won't cry and whine because you made fun of me. What was that you said a couple weeks ago about my snide comments??? Now like at you Tony...lol
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#482059 Oct 14, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
I am going to post this again because of the truth of it's content
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Did you read Luke? Hail Mary full of grace...The prayer Hail Mary is in the bible. When Jesus gave the keys to His Church and called Simon Peter the rock, look it up in Matthew. Also don't you think that when one receives Christ in the Eucharist, reverantly will go to Heaven? I am really shocked how you said you were Catholic and then put up trash like you do. You are either not very smart or as sly as the devil because you are saying do not follow the church Christ started, but follow the church man started.
~~~
FIRST OFF ...
secondly
you wrote
When Jesus gave the keys to His Church and called Simon Peter the rock, look it up in Matthew.
Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
FOR THIS PURPOSE
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
Eph 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
Eph 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
Eph 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
Eph 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
BE/GET BORN AGAIN
Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
STOP YOU LYING
Eph 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
I think you're posting this again to provoke a negative reaction from some Catholics who have been off the board for a few days. Many of us already know you think you speak for God, but you don't.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#482060 Oct 14, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The rosary has seven Our Fathers, fifty three Hail Mary's , seven Glory Be's One Apostles Creed, One Hail Holy Queen. Now there are four different Mysteries to think on when saying the rosary, now add 28 more Our Fathers etc, you do the math. I would say meditating on Christ saying the Our Father seven times per day and fifty three Hail Mary's , Glory be Apostles Creed, Hail Holy Queen and the Fatima prayer after each decade, makes a powerful petition to Christ.
You seem to put so much emphasis on the amount of prayers when God only looks at the heart which we are praying.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#482061 Oct 14, 2013
<quoted text>
FIRST OFF ...
secondly
you wrote
FOR THIS PURPOSE
BE/GET BORN AGAIN
STOP YOU LYING
Sorry

We,admits,she meant her nasty post for me ..since I'm no longer answering her ...she missed aim...

And,all the other stuff ..You got in the,way
Peter Paul and Mary

Universal City, TX

#482062 Oct 14, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
this has nothing to do with what I was discussing but I'll play along.
When I pray, unlike the repetitious prayers catholics do, I do not read anything. I speak to God like He is right there with me and pray what is ever on my heart.
lol...I can remember being an alter boy. The priest would mark before hand what prayers he was going to read during mass. You know Tony...like at the beginning he reads while the alter boy holds the book. Repetitious prayers..
Jesus did the same as well. In the Beatitudes, Jesus says:
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they shall be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called sons of God.
Blessed are they who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

In the Aramaic which Jesus spoke, the artful poetic balance of the line comes out more clearly:

Blessed the-poor in-spirit: for theirs the-kingdom-[of]-heaven.

Why did Jesus repeat the word blessed when once would have been sufficient? Because once is not sufficient, not for poetry, not for love. Because poetry exalts the ordinary, and makes us see even things of the passing day as if they glowed with the light of glory. Does a lover tell his love "I love you only once in a lifetime? No, because we want to shout and scream to them, "I love you and I will be faithful to you and I will go to the ends of the earth to make you happy. This is what a repetitive prayer says: "Lord I love you and I will be faithful to you and I will go to the ends of the Earth to make you "happy that I am living according to your will".
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#482063 Oct 14, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to put so much emphasis on the amount of prayers when God only looks at the heart which we are praying.
I pray the rosary all the time. God knows what's in my heart. You don't.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#482064 Oct 14, 2013
Peter Paul and Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did the same as well. In the Beatitudes, Jesus says:
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they shall be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called sons of God.
Blessed are they who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
In the Aramaic which Jesus spoke, the artful poetic balance of the line comes out more clearly:
Blessed the-poor in-spirit: for theirs the-kingdom-[of]-heaven.
Why did Jesus repeat the word blessed when once would have been sufficient? Because once is not sufficient, not for poetry, not for love. Because poetry exalts the ordinary, and makes us see even things of the passing day as if they glowed with the light of glory. Does a lover tell his love "I love you only once in a lifetime? No, because we want to shout and scream to them, "I love you and I will be faithful to you and I will go to the ends of the earth to make you happy. This is what a repetitive prayer says: "Lord I love you and I will be faithful to you and I will go to the ends of the Earth to make you "happy that I am living according to your will".
Repetitious prayers does not mean you are repeating them. Find out what it means and we'll talk. Otherwise you're babbling like Tony.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#482065 Oct 14, 2013
who="Michael"]<qu oted text>
....many many other godmen who came long before Jesus said exactly the same thing, much of it written on the walls in the tombs of egypt. You should really learn about world relgions from the past. You will learn so much more than your slanted view you have today.
Shake off that FEAR you have.
----------
You could join up with the Hindu's who stampeded and crushed about 100 of themselves to death this week at one of their festivals. They do it every year.
Or the Muslims who hack each other's heads off...as well as anyone who believes differently than them.
These were the kinds of 'religions' that were written on the cave walls; the kinds of clans that lived in Canaan before the Jews got there. They even burned their own babies in an oven as a sacrifice to their 'god'.(God gave them 400 years to straighten up before He drove them out.)
Jesus is nothing like that sort of madness.
KayMarie
And,been inspired by evil ones,to make up their blood thirsty religions,...the idea to make,God not mean the,ONE,CREATOR GOD

Man has,great imagination in and,of himself
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#482066 Oct 14, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray the rosary all the time.
Really???!! You should see the shocked look on my face.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#482067 Oct 14, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>know where you are coming from.I borrowed my daughters and was receiving calls but I couldn't talk. gave it back to her.
mine is a "clam shell" type with an antennae. probably built during the War. the Civil War, that is.
Lol along with that blunderbuss you keep in the garage,??

I'm.sure she,was,happy with your smartphone,

I like mine,..But will not pay for texting or receiving text .

Otherwise,..I had the,people,at the,store,show,me and my son in law..who is,an IT person ...showed me,about using my WI-FI with it
So I don't get a,big bill

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#482068 Oct 14, 2013
who="Husker Du"]<quoted text>Muslims believe in the Immaculate Conception. I find that protestants disrespect the Mother of Christ. The protestant founders are responseble for this sin, the protestants now can right a wrong by believing in the truth, that Mary was conceived without sin, god had a plan for her and to carry the Savior of the world, one has to be Immaculate. Protestants do not understand this, we need to pray for them.
----------
So the earth sits on a turtle, on the back of a larger turtle, on the back of a larger turtle...and on and on into infinity.(and WHAT does that one sit on???)
So by your logic, Mary had to be born without sin (immaculate conception) because she could not bear Jesus otherwise. Well, the same logic says that Mary's mother, and her mother, and her mother...!
Do you get the picture?
Islam is a 'me-too' religion. They laud Jesus and Mary (they say), though they deny His place as God's Son...so they are just 'using' Him to make Islam sound legitimate.
KayMarie
And,Kill their people who believe in Jesus,as,Saviuor .

I wonder what they do to their people,who use,a,rosary and pray to Mary ..

Yes,let's,follow them
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#482069 Oct 14, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>The rosary has seven Our Fathers, fifty three Hail Mary's , seven Glory Be's One Apostles Creed, One Hail Holy Queen. Now there are four different Mysteries to think on when saying the rosary, now add 28 more Our Fathers etc, you do the math. I would say meditating on Christ saying the Our Father seven times per day and fifty three Hail Mary's , Glory be Apostles Creed, Hail Holy Queen and the Fatima prayer after each decade, makes a powerful petition to Christ.
Matt 19:16 And behold, a man came up to him, saying,“Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?” 17 And he said to him,“Why do you ask me about what is good? There is **ONLY ONE** who is good.

** did you see that...only one is good Husker and it ain't Mary... you keep praying to her.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#482070 Oct 14, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
The rosary is the strongest kind of prayer there is.
Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned

**why doesn't it say, "except for Mary"? How does the pope who came up with this doctrine get around this verse?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#482071 Oct 14, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know how to spell it but I thought you being the mature adult that you are would overlook my spelling error. Guess not..my apologies. And protestants give out the cheapshots...lol
You need to figure out what repetitious prayers are and then we'll talk. For now, you're just babbling.
Unlike you, I won't cry and whine because you made fun of me. What was that you said a couple weeks ago about my snide comments??? Now like at you Tony...lol
Sorry for embarrassing you, I promise the next time you mock Catholics I'll try to overlook your spelling errors. I just thought if you were going to ridicule altar boys, priests and the mass you should at least know how to spell it correctly.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#482072 Oct 14, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Repetitious prayers does not mean you are repeating them. Find out what it means and we'll talk. Otherwise you're babbling like Tony.
Do you think Jesus approves of you mocking people who offer sincere heartfelt prayers to Him and His mother?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#482073 Oct 14, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really???!! You should see the shocked look on my face.
Do you mock your Catholic relatives too?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#482074 Oct 14, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned
**why doesn't it say, "except for Mary"? How does the pope who came up with this doctrine get around this verse?
Why is ok for you guys to make exceptions to the "all have sinned" rule and not Catholics?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#482075 Oct 14, 2013
who="Michael ]<quoted text>
What was the purpose of the talking serpent story, and Eve eating from the wrong tree of knowledge if God knew long before mankind would fail?
Why create mankind with a sinful nature in the first place?
None of the Genesis stories makes any common sense.

---------
You amaze me, friend. You are smarter than God. Why don't you solve all the world's problems?

You could start out with correcting the 'fuss' on Topix, and we could all get along.:):):)

KayMarie
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#482076 Oct 14, 2013
Part of the rosary:

“Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy! Our life, our sweetness and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping, in this valley of tears. Turn, then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us; and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.”

**And then part of the explanation of this prayer:
God has given her all His graces for us. They come from God through Mary(DID U READ THAT...THROUGH MARY). All we need to do is ask for them with a humble, loving, and contrite heart.

**God's graces come from Jesus Christ and only Jesus Christ.

** To say that God has given her all His graces for us. They come from God through Mary is a lie from the pit of Hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min MUQ2 36,677
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 14 min MUQ2 44,246
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 18 min DebraE 104,529
How come girls don't like to date east indian g... (Dec '09) 41 min Anjali 166
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min AussieBobby 280,829
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 49 min Steve III 618,239
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ruby88 53,745
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr X Pendable 969,743
More from around the web