Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667859 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#481847 Oct 13, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.An argument of total confusion!!
.....Its obvious the infighting on this forum between christians indicate that all cannot be right. Either ONLY one is right or none are right out of the 42,001 different christian sects.
.... Each of these 42,001 christian sects ALL use the very same INSPIRED WORDS OF GOD to justify and verify their each 42,001 different doctrines and bible beliefs. How can that be?
Even if ONE! of these christian sects is right in their their belief of what is written in the bible, that means 42,000 out of 42,001 SECTS are wrong and practicing FALSE beliefs! and that means an awful lot of so called christians are on a pathway to DOOM/GLOOM!
.....The argument if the God of evangelical Christianity existed, then the Bible would be perfectly clear and authoritative to ALL; but since the Bible does not meet either of these criteria, the God of evangelical Christianity probably does not exist.
Michael

I think you know,G is exists,

Despite our differences ..we all believe in Jesus,..who died o basically save us,from our quarreling selves .

TRUST HIM.

READ THE BOKK OF JOHN IN THE BIBLE .

IT does not have to be complicated to be FAITH.

We all believe in SAVING GRACE ..

our rituals,differ ..we disagree But not on that ..

And it's the ONLY thing that matters..That is what JESUS tried to tell us ....

Believe in Him..pray in HIs,name to he Father who created us all.

Despite the example Here ..He will Grant you PEACE

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#481848 Oct 13, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
Another thing , you want us to debate, yet we are nice to you and you think we are being arrogant. LOL. We have gone in circles trying to be nice to you, yet you think we are hateful. If you are really interested in joining the Church I can see you on a Catholic forum, but you aren't so you are here to harass us.
Get a clue from your buddies...most catholics here are far from nice to any non catholic here. You guys love to insult and personally attack those that disagree with you.You know, you do it to rose in every post she posts here.People come to this forum to debate the title of this room.It is NOT a Catholic Only forum for people to come here and become Catholic.You call telling someone that you' believe that they never were Catholic" as being nice??? You call telling people to leave this forum, nice??? the non Catholics out number the catholics on this forum.There Is beauty in your church and there is beauty in all of Gods churches...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481849 Oct 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you need to take a closer look at Genesis.
There was only Adam-Eve-Cain, and Abel in the garden when Cain killed Abel. He was banished to Nod right then and there.
Why, and who was he afraid of killing him if he was discovered in Nod? He was afraid of those created by the Elohim, not YHWH. That's why you find 2 stories of creation in Genesis...and even then there is "parts" missing.
The Elohim were the "creator gods" of the major parts of the universe. YHVH/YHWH was not one of them...EL was the highest of the creators. He produced 70 sons which were the "watchers"(Nephilim/ giants)...higher beings than man.
That is who he was afraid of...and rightly so..and that is why he was provided a "mark" that they would recognize, and not harm him.
Seth...do you know who he was? He was the "replacement" for Cain...and it was YHWH who was the "father"...read the words and you will see. That is what "Seth" means.
Oh dear where do you get this,all .

Genesis,mentions,SONS names ..by the time Cain and Abel were grown .there could have been a,dozen daughters .

He Nephil came later when he Fallen. ANGELS mated ..somehow with women..

That was true pollution of the gene pool

THERE US,ONLY ONE,GOD,..ONE CREATOR .Yahweh Elohim .GOD

did people manufacture the ,others,..did demons,inspire,their belief ???

We don't know ..But they are,behind a lot of evil in this earth ..

HOW much evil is just Us ..

One God

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#481850 Oct 13, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>what do you use instead of windows? I no nothing about computers but my laptop is working great now....
I am using an Ubuntu/Unix system called "Zorin".
Way cleaner and faster than any windows system.
I utilize the "cube" which rotates to give me four working interfaces at once(although it can actually contain 32 faces)...and it is a fortress against malware. I use "Chrome" as a browser.
I build my own computers, so I have total control of everything.
Any "updates" take only minutes at most, while windows can take hours sometimes....and cause your system to bug and fail.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481851 Oct 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I utilize the "cube" which rotates to give me four working interfaces at once(although it can actually contain 32 faces)...and it is a fortress against malware. I use "Chrome" as a browser.
Any "updates" take only minutes at most, while windows can take hours sometimes....and cause your system to bug and fail.
I'm semi literaTe

Use,Mozilla,on my computer ..this,pad is,neither Windows,..nor IE,..NOR FIREFOX . Still get disgusting ad and screen Grey's,out ..

Location hidden

#481852 Oct 13, 2013
Can you please give me a peanut. Rose and I are collecting them to see which one of us will get the most today...lol

Location hidden

#481853 Oct 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear where do you get this,all .
Genesis,mentions,SONS names ..by the time Cain and Abel were grown .there could have been a,dozen daughters .
He Nephil came later when he Fallen. ANGELS mated ..somehow with women..
That was true pollution of the gene pool
THERE US,ONLY ONE,GOD,..ONE CREATOR .Yahweh Elohim .GOD
did people manufacture the ,others,..did demons,inspire,their belief ???
We don't know ..But they are,behind a lot of evil in this earth ..
HOW much evil is just Us ..
One God
No Ro, that is not what is written...that is only an assumption.
You have to go by what was written...and find the books that Jesus relates to...and understand what the words meant when it was originally written...
Most of those books were forbidden reading and were hunted and destroyed-along with those who possessed them.
Omitting them from the eyes of the people is an act of deceit on the part of corrupted "priests" and "teachers"....one needs to find out why-and then you will know the truth...and only then.
Jesus didn't lie...others after(who killed him) did. And the lies continue to this very day.
Example...Jesus told his disciples NOT to preach to the "gentiles".
Saul-who the writers changed the name to the "Roman" Paul usurped that message and taught the opposite of Jesus.
Who was lying here? Jesus or Paul?
Now you can begin to see why I do not trust the "writings" of these "men".

Location hidden

#481854 Oct 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
huh?..lol...its sounds complicated to me...

Location hidden

#481855 Oct 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm semi literaTe
Use,Mozilla,on my computer ..this,pad is,neither Windows,..nor IE,..NOR FIREFOX . Still get disgusting ad and screen Grey's,out ..
WOW!
Try dumping all your "cookies". That might end what is saved to re-invite the ad.

Location hidden

#481856 Oct 13, 2013
Gotta get my 2 year old grandson to spend some time with us...Nick teaches him greek mythology and also about Christ. I teach him how to count and the ABC's...He can count to 20 and knows most of his ABC's and he turned two in July....He is such a Blessing to us! he was born with parts of his brain missing and doctors did not know what his outcome would be.So far, he is very advanace in his thinking but behind in his motor skills.Only thing is he isnt walking yet but doctors say he will walk by himself soon. he walks if you hold his hand.He is the BEST medicine for Nickie!!!! See you all tonight and God Bless!! Rose count my peanuts please for me...lol

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481857 Oct 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!
Try dumping all your "cookies". That might end what is saved to re-invite the ad.
Every time I sign out ..cookies,. Cache and history .

Only SEMI illiterate

Block pop ups,too ...this us tells first ad that is so bad

Location hidden

#481858 Oct 13, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>huh?..lol...its sounds complicated to me...
LOL!
It's all fun for me.
Once you learn it all, it's mot a "mystery" any longer.
There was a time I was computer illiterate. I had this old "dinosaur" computer. I rebuilt it(learning the basics as I went). Windows didn't accept some of the changes to "hardware" I made, and killed my totally legal(and paid for) program. At that point I called them, and they were totally uncooperative about the whole affair...and wanted me to give them about 150 dollars to reinstate the OS to working condition. I was furious, and learned how to hack the "kill"...got my program back....and learned how NOT to be screwed by them any more.
Finally, I just stopped using their system all together.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481859 Oct 13, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
Gotta get my 2 year old grandson to spend some time with us...Nick teaches him greek mythology and also about Christ. I teach him how to count and the ABC's...He can count to 20 and knows most of his ABC's and he turned two in July....He is such a Blessing to us! he was born with parts of his brain missing and doctors did not know what his outcome would be.So far, he is very advanace in his thinking but behind in his motor skills.Only thing is he isnt walking yet but doctors say he will walk by himself soon. he walks if you hold his hand.He is the BEST medicine for Nickie!!!! See you all tonight and God Bless!! Rose count my peanuts please for me...lol
Great for you ..
2is a great age,..judging from our boys,terrible threes is closer to reality ..Lol.
And,God BLESS the boy and thank Him for his obvious work there,

.GO JIFFY Nut Icons,

LOL

LATEST LIST

Anyway so far,

Iggy,..head
Jiffy..nut
BLABBY ...lips
SWEETY...heart
Clippy... helpful icon ( like the old paper clip in. WORD ))
DORCAS...disagree
JOY..Agree
Alphonse...lemoN

seems to be the consensus,

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#481860 Oct 13, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
IN RESPONSE TO THE PHARISAICAL POLICE:
SCRIPTURE
The Trinitarian approach to prayer is grounded in Scripture.
The New Testament bears an understanding of the Trinitarian Structure
John 14:6 Jesus declared that He was the way to the Father
Romans 8:26-27 Paul taught that on our own we are incapable of praying but are able to pray because of the Holy Spirit’s intercession in us.
Ephesians 2:18:“For through him (Christ) we both have access to the Father by one Spirit"
==========
THE PHARISAICAL POLICE SAID THAT SCRIPTURE SAYS WE ARE TO PRAY ONLY TO THE FATHER:
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
It do not say: After this manner therefore pray ye: In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit Lord Christ, Our Hope in this world
And people wonder why God does not answer their prayers!!!!(My comment: the Fathers Name is not like a name on a credit card that you must have to have your prayer answered)
==========
BUT SCRIPTURE INDICATES CHRISTIANS WERE NOT RESTRICTED TO PRAYING JUST TO THE FATHER:
1 Corinthians 1:1–2: According to the apostle Paul, New Testament Christians were everywhere PRAYING TO JESUS.“Paul... to the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours”
Paul includes himself among those who called upon the name of Jesus. THESE PRAYERS DIRECTED TO JESUS WERE UNIVERSAL. And the present tense of “call” suggests that the prayers were on-going.
Corinthians 12:8 Paul PRAYED TO JESUS when he “besought the Lord” to remove his thorn in the flesh
2 Thessalonians 2:16–17, Paul blessed the Thessalonians with these words:“May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father... encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.”
==========
Luke 11:1-13) 1 One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him,“Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.” 2 He said to them,“When you pray, say:“‘Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come.
at does not show up in the Lord’s Prayer. But this would violate 1 Thessalonians 5:17–18 :we should give thanks to God in our prayers.
Christ's words,“Our Father which art in Heaven” don't keep us from praying to Jesus any more than his words “Give us our daily bread” keep us from praying for something to drink.
It is appropriate to pray to the Father directly. The Lord’s Prayer clearly shows that. However, just because we are permitted to pray, and even commanded to pray to the Father, doesn't mean that we are not permitted to pray to the Son or the Holy Spirit.
==========
LETS LOOK AT CHURCH HISTORY:
Perhaps the oldest hymn we have of the First Christians is the
TRISAGION HYMN: A PRAYER ADDRESSED TO THE FATHER, THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT
Holy God! Holy Mighty! Holy Immortal! Have mercy on us.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,now and ever and unto the ages of ages. Amen.
'God' means the Father,
'Strong' means the Son, and
'Immortal' means the Holy Spirit,
Edited for space...

Instead of following "church history" you should follow the teaching of Christ....that is what a Christian does...

Christ said: After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Location hidden

#481861 Oct 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am called to the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH, in and through the Catholic Church, anxiously awaiting (each day), to grow, nurture and mature in the faith and Salvation of Jesus Christs in HIS One True Church, because it is HIS CHURCH!!!!!!! HE established it, HE formed it and HE initiated it!!.It is the ONLY Church HE established! It is the ONLY Church he formed! and it is the ONLY Church HE initated!!!..... Matthew 16:13-21 "clearly" tells us that. "Upon this rock, I will build MY CHURCH (not your Church) but JESUS' CHURCH.(and 2000 years of or TRUE Church History confirms and verifies it over and over again that it is Catholic!!!!....Paul "precisely" tells us in I Timothy 3:15, that THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH!!...... It is the "only Church" that gives us HIS TRUE BODY AND BLOOD" in the Eucharist, because HE said so in John 6:47-59 "For unless you eat my Body (which is real food) and drink my BLOOD (which is real drink) YOU CANNOT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE!!......The Protestant reformation,(beginning with Luther, Zwingli, Hus, Knox, Wycliff, Waldo, Calvin Cranmer and others that followed "threw out" over 1500 years of these "biblical truths" that Jesus Christ Himself taught to HIS Apostles.......Continue to pray RoSesz, and seek the TRUTH, that Our Lord will guide you, through HIS Holy Spirit and that Jesus Christ and God Our Father, will reveal the same TRUTH that has already been revealed to billions and billions of Catholic Christian over 2000 years ago, ALL "marked with the sign of faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ"!!!
Tell me...yes or no...is the following a lie...it comes from the NABre pope approved Bible:

Church: this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God. The gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it: the netherworld (Greek Had&#275;s, the abode of the dead) is conceived of as a walled city whose gates will not close in upon the church of Jesus, i.e., it will not be overcome by the power of death.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481862 Oct 13, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No Ro, that is not what is written...that is only an assumption.
You have to go by what was written...and find the books that Jesus relates to...and understand what the words meant when it was originally written...
Most of those books were forbidden reading and were hunted and destroyed-along with those who possessed them.
Omitting them from the eyes of the people is an act of deceit on the part of corrupted "priests" and "teachers"....one needs to find out why-and then you will know the truth...and only then.
Jesus didn't lie...others after(who killed him) did. And the lies continue to this very day.
Example...Jesus told his disciples NOT to preach to the "gentiles".
Saul-who the writers changed the name to the "Roman" Paul usurped that message and taught the opposite of Jesus.
Who was lying here? Jesus or Paul?
Now you can begin to see why I do not trust the "writings" of these "men".
Well the,WORD got out about Him...the,Holy Spirit affected many people,that day JEW AND GENTILE.

TE,APOSTles,travelled .preached all over .

.I'm thinking your wrong on not preaching to GENTILES,.he healed
GENTILES,..

ARE YOU JEWISH..MESSIANIC???

Location hidden

#481863 Oct 13, 2013
LTM wrote:
A Prayer of Thanksgiving[a]
138 I thank you, Lord, with all my heart;
I sing praise to you before the gods.
2 I face your holy Temple,
bow down, and praise your name
because of your constant love and faithfulness,
because you have shown that your name and your commands are supreme.[b]
3 You answered me when I called to you;
with your strength you strengthened me.
4 All the kings in the world will praise you, Lord,
because they have heard your promises.
5 They will sing about what you have done
and about your great glory.
6 Even though you are so high above,
you care for the lowly,
and the proud cannot hide from you.
7 When I am surrounded by troubles,
you keep me safe.
You oppose my angry enemies
and save me by your power.
8 You will do everything you have promised;
Lord, your love is eternal.
Complete the work that you have begun.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING, TO ALL MY FELLOW CANADIANS
You do add meaning to the Word of God!!!

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#481864 Oct 13, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>No it would not be sinful...but according to YOU (miss perfect) it would be...
ignore her, she along with oxbore have become like robinson crusoe and are stuck on an island by themselves.

NO ONE wants to talk to them or have anything to do with them. several of us have resorted to personal messages to each other rather than let them know what we are doing or is happening

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#481865 Oct 13, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really!!! The devil believes in Jesus Christ and I sincerely doubt if he is saved!!! You keep "cafeteria style" cherry picking your bible verses such as Acts 16:31 and again (as always) "making them mean ONLY what YOU want them to mean"!!!! It is "no wonder" that you have absolutely (no idea) as to what you are talking about, which comes as (no surprise) to ANY of us Catholics who "know the TRUTH" of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible and what TRUE Salvation is all about!!!
~~~

I am going to post something here that may or may bring you to your senses..

IT IS A BIBLICAL TRUTH...

In the covenant of Abraham all males were to be circumcised...

GOD SAID
Gen_17:10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.

Gen_17:12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

Gen_17:13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

NOTE
Gen_17:14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

IN THE NEW TESTAMENT ALL CHRISTIANS MUST HAVE CIRCUMCISION OF THE HEART..

Act 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Act 7:37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

Act 7:38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

Act 7:39 To whom our fathers would not obey, but thrust him from them, and in their hearts turned back again into Egypt,

Act 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

Rom_2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Rom_2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

READ THIS CAREFULLY AND ...PLEASE DON'T TURN THIS ONTO PORN...

~~~
UNDER THE COVENANT BETWEEN GOD AND ABRAHAM

IN COPULATION ALL THE SPERM/THE SEED OF ABRAHAM'S DESCENDENTS (EVEN TODAY) MUST PASS THROUGH THE COVENANT OF CIRCUMCISION...

FOR CHRISTIANS ...ALL COMMUNICATION MUST COME THROUGH A SPIRITUAL CIRCUMCISION OF THE HEART..

JESUS SAID

Mat_12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Luk_6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

QUESTION

HAS YOUR HEART BEEN CIRCUMCISED...

IF IT HAS...THEN WHY IS IT BRINGING FORTH EVIL INSTEAD OF GOOD...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#481866 Oct 13, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>what do you use instead of windows? I no nothing about computers but my laptop is working great now....
I just got off the phone with my son in law and he said that when we signed up with topix, we gave them our email address and someone has hacked into that data base and there is nothing we can do about it, yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Rider on the Storm 92,655
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min Rider on the Storm 183,626
Everyone is a fool 18 min Jake999 2
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 27 min Rider on the Storm 57
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min Rider on the Storm 979,409
Anyone else think 9/11 was cool! (Feb '13) 36 min aaron wilms 14
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 2 hr Jake999 1,099
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Neville Thompson 286,044
More from around the web