Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653566 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#481690 Oct 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
IS ANYONE,getting a new Ad
A,sex thing ..it even blackout my screen..
And yes I have pop ups,blocked .
If so ..can you PLEASE, REPORT THE BUG TO TOPUX FEEDBACK ..AS A,BUG
http://www.topix.com/ext/feedback...
It's,offensive and,should not block out screens,
And so far this,is the only place I've seen it
Usually a local ad will be a the top of or on different threads,
Thanks
Thanks,
Yes I am also getting that! It is annoying isnt it.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#481691 Oct 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're not answering fine
But I'm really looking for an answer to this
TRYING TO UNDERSTAND ..as,I learned,this,too ..I'm NOT trying to put the CHURCH down .just asking
Jesus,Said,do this,in remembrance .
're enact the last supper .
He,was,God ..it was His,body ...His,blood
He did not say make,a,priestly hierarchy ..or a high priest POPE
Nor ordain those who HAVE POWER,to make,a,physical
change of substance
Just do this in Rembrance ..
many CATHOLUCS,Don't believe this,transubstantiatiin ..
On another,note,..a,priest ..bishop etc ..who is,living in Sin ..even terrible Sin
And,I KNOW,this,is,NOT the majority .
.in your faiths,eyes ..does,this,transformation take,place.wen they proclaim it
If so..what of those who go off ..get married ..or have alternative Churches,..does the,change take place.
What of Luther ...the other clergy who left ??
What of the,English or other bishops,who were Catholic in everything but the,Pope ..And ordained others ..
Did those they ordained,change bread,and wine .
And what of those the,CHURCH h found heretical ..But later changed its mind ...we're they loosed,..bound .
The excommunicated,Orthodoxy ..were,their sacrament real ..since they do not recognize the,pope,..before hey Made some peace ???
I've been trying to understand the concept a,long time .
Did Jesus,say ..You HAVE the power to physically change bread and wine.
He,already died after that night ..gave up His body and blood .
Said the sacrifice was finished .
I know,He wanted the Remembrance of the LAST SUPPER .. BUT ACTUAL CHANGE...
when Christ already GAVE HIS,BODY AND BLOOD ..?????
RosSez: I appreciate your response, however you I suggest that you take "all of these" questions, doubts, uncertainties and negative feelings, regarding the Catholic Church, and the Churches TRUE teachings, in humility, in faith and with an open heart, mind and soul before Our Lord, in prayer....... Go into a Catholic Church, before Jesus Christ in the blessed Sacrament and ask for wisdom, direction and guidance through the Holy Spirit......Most everyone on this forum,(has an opinion) and the majority of those opinions are nothing more than "editorialized"..... You can be assured of my prayer (each day) as "intercession" support" for you as you seek TRUE spiritual guidance from God Our Father, His Son Jesus Christ and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that THEY/HE will guide you in all TRUTH!!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#481692 Oct 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I am also getting that! It is annoying isnt it.
I reported it as offensive ...AS A BUG ...
sick

Union City, OK

#481693 Oct 12, 2013
I want To Say Everyone who reads the bible interpenetrates it with there own mind right or wrong.the truth is understanding of the scriptures only comes from the reverence of the creator this means to do as he tells you. And because you do not you lack understanding.
He tells you not to eat pork and most do there is a reason he tells you this.it cause many things cancer Alzheimer's Parkinson's disease And many others. Yeshua cast demons into these creatures he put them here for one reason to clean the earth.

I can not blame the sheeple for there being brainwashed because this is Satan and the roman catholick church for deceiving people. I was raised A baptist.And was lied to from the day I walked into the church but i grew up learned how to read and to study and found the truth on my own.And because I lived by The old testament And did what my father Yahweh told me By the way you have heard me say this before Yahweh is not a god. Yes he gave me understanding That not many have. I don't know if this makes me called and chosen or not but I sure dont understand why the rest of the world does not understand this.My best friend Are the only People I trust And they have the same faith as i have.I And you could be so blessed if you could have understanding as i do.

Anyways Ya Have a nice evening And may Yahweh bless you all.....

Please remember Satan runs and controls the minds of the sheeple and the government.

The roman catholick church has done nothing but lie.
Lie
number
1# Helped to hide his name
2#Changed the Sabbath And they admit to it.
3#changed the feast days for pagan holidays.
5#done away with the laws of love and peace.

Location hidden

#481694 Oct 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
RosSez: I appreciate your response, however you I suggest that you take "all of these" questions, doubts, uncertainties and negative feelings, regarding the Catholic Church, and the Churches TRUE teachings, in humility, in faith and with an open heart, mind and soul before Our Lord, in prayer....... Go into a Catholic Church, before Jesus Christ in the blessed Sacrament and ask for wisdom, direction and guidance through the Holy Spirit......Most everyone on this forum,(has an opinion) and the majority of those opinions are nothing more than "editorialized"..... You can be assured of my prayer (each day) as "intercession" support" for you as you seek TRUE spiritual guidance from God Our Father, His Son Jesus Christ and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that THEY/HE will guide you in all TRUTH!!!!
Wow that was a mouth full! Nothing humble about that statement.....u are the last person on this forum that should be telling anyone about humility...

Location hidden

#481695 Oct 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I reported it as offensive ...AS A BUG ...
and the thing is once you x it out it should not return but it does.....how was your day? I see you got a nut today lol
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#481696 Oct 12, 2013
Sola Verbum Dei
(the Word of God alone)
Both the written and the oral tradition

Catholic Tradition often seems odd to those outside the Catholic Church. People assume it’s something that we just…“made up.” The word “tradition” actually means handing down something to another person. Scripture testifies to this meaning of Catholic Tradition as the normal mode of transmitting the Faith (both written and oral)
“So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter.”(2 Thess 2:15)”For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you….”(1 Cor 11:23)
“For I handed on to you as of first importance what I also received….”(1 Cor 15:3)
“…I know whom I have believed [i.e., Jesus], and I am sure that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. Follow the pattern of the sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus; guard the truth that has been entrusted to you by the Holy Spirit who dwells within us.”(2 Tim 1:11-14)
“You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and what you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.”(2 Tim 2:1-2)
“…I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.”(Jude 1:3)
This is the most basic meaning of Catholic Tradition: it is the true Faith itself, given to the Apostles by Christ and faithfully transmitted to each new generation.(Catechism, 77-78)
Sacred Tradition comes from Christ. It’s the full, living gift of Christ to the Apostles, faithfully handed down through each generation. It is through Tradition that the Holy Spirit makes the Risen Lord present among us, offering us the very same saving Word and Sacraments that he gave to the Apostles!
Understanding Catholic Tradition is essential to understanding the Catholic Church and the Catholic Christian faith.
Essentially, tradition is a thing handed down from one generation to the next. This is precisely the meaning of the biblical word for tradition: paradosis. because, in fact, the bible itself is tradition! Further, we make distinctions between large T and small t traditions even in secular and folk culture. Small t traditions express something of a culture, like a tangerine in your Christmas stocking or singing the happy birthday song at birthday parties. Some small t traditions (like toasting the bride and groom) are very ancient and widely diffused. Some, like Guy Fawkes night, are fairly new and may be confined to only one culture. Some have religious significance, like Advent candles, some are just ingrained customs (like birthday candles). Human culture is immersed in an ocean of such traditions ranging from throwing wedding rice to saluting the flag to celebrating bachelor parties. However, tradition is more than the mere cultural window dressing of small t traditions. It isn’t just little customs. It is also a way of being, thinking and seeing which powerfully (and often unconsciously) influences our lives and even our relationship with God and in the case of His Word, both in the written and in the oral traditions!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481697 Oct 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks,for any prayers,on my behalf ..

However I wanted to know,on this,...And my other question ..
About you thinking ..believing your friends,unsaved ..That a,Church is needed .

I believe and,have found true from my own prayers ..That for Salvation ...we,NEED THE SPIRIT guiding us to true belief in Jesus,Christ ...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#481698 Oct 12, 2013
“No doctrine concerning the divine and saving mysteries of the faith, however trivial, may be taught without the backing of the holy Scriptures. We must not let ourselves be drawn aside by mere persuasion and cleverness of speech. Do not even give absolute belief to me, the one who tells you these things, unless you receive proof from the divine Scriptures of what I teach. For the faith that brings us salvation acquires its force, not from fallible reasonings, but from what can be proved out of the holy Scriptures.”
Cyril of Jerusalem (ca. 313-386)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481699 Oct 12, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>and the thing is once you x it out it should not return but it does.....how was your day? I see you got a nut today lol
A sign of honor !!!!!

Told of our names,on another thread,of friends,..we don't argue lol..just talk ..

Here's,some more

LOve the Icon naming idea:

Iggy,..head
Jiffy..nut
BLABBY ...lips

How about 'Dorcas' for the disagree, and 'Joy' for the agree one.
And I always liked the name 'Alphonse'- let's hang it on the lemon....?

And maybe SWEETY..HEART ???

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#481701 Oct 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
IS ANYONE,getting a new Ad
A,sex thing ..it even blackout my screen..
And yes I have pop ups,blocked .
If so ..can you PLEASE, REPORT THE BUG TO TOPUX FEEDBACK ..AS A,BUG
http://www.topix.com/ext/feedback...
It's,offensive and,should not block out screens,
And so far this,is the only place I've seen it
Usually a local ad will be a the top of or on different threads,
Thanks
Thanks,
I have been getting it for two days. something about a Madison.com but I aint going to try and locate it.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#481702 Oct 12, 2013
The EUCHARIST – the sacrament, also known as Holy

Communion, which nourishes the soul with the true

Flesh and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus, under

the appearance, or sacramental veil, of bread and

wine: "And whilst they were eating, Jesus took

bread; and blessing, broke, and gave to them, and

said: Take ye. This is my body. And having

taken the chalice, giving thanks, he gave it to

them. And they all drank of it. And he said to

them: This is my blood of the new testament, which

shall be shed for many." (Mark 14:22-24.

Also

see Matt. 26:26-28, Luke 22:19-20, John 6:52-54, 1 Cor. 10:16).

“Happy 2016!!”

#481703 Oct 12, 2013
CONFIRMATION – the sacrament which confers the Holy

Spirit to make us strong and perfect Christians and

soldiers of Jesus Christ: "Now when the apostles,

who were in Jerusalem, had heard that Samaria had

received the word of God, they sent unto them

Peter and John. Who, when they were come, prayed

for them, that they might receive the Holy Spirit.

... Then they laid their hands upon them, and

they received the Holy Spirit." (Acts 8:14-17.

Also see Acts 19:6).
Rev Harlan Pritchett

Cincinnati, OH

#481704 Oct 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only YOU Keep preaching this lie, Confrinting!..... But then, we as Catholics (ALL KNOW) that "manipulating" the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible and "distorting" the TRUTH of what Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church actually believes and teaches, is the "basis of your entire bible only ministry" and it is what YOU do best!!!!!
I’ve been away for awhile, but when God directed me back, I immediately realized it was to read your post and remind you that our beloved KJV 1611 was guided by His Hand to deliver His Word. He did not see fit to authorize a substitute pamphlet containing watered down doctrine geared for consumption by children and other laymen. First and foremost, God gives us a direct vertical relationship. He does not require a horizontal conduit involving specially trained middlemen serving as kachinas to run our messages to Him or His back to us. Talk about costly and unnecessary layers of bureaucracy! God’s not a bureaucrat; He’s the boss and His door is always open. No kachinas, no statues or other needless and expensive props to distract, just God.

“Happy 2016!!”

#481705 Oct 12, 2013
To understand what a sacrament is, and what it

does for a person, one must know the correct, the

traditional Christian, definition of a sacrament.

Properly defined, a sacrament is

"an outward sign

instituted by Christ

to give grace" (holiness) to

the soul ...

that is to say, it is a divinely

prescribed ceremony of the Church in which the

words and action combine to form what is at the

same time both a sign of divine grace and a fount

of divine grace. When this special grace –

distinct from ordinary, inspirational grace – is

imparted to the soul, the Holy Spirit of God is

imparted to the soul, imbuing the soul with divine

life, uniting the soul to Christ.

As the Scriptures point out, this grace is the

grace of salvation – without it man is, in a very

real sense, isolated from Christ. And as the

Scriptures point out, Christ gave His Church seven

sacraments to serve as well-springs of this

ineffable, soul-saving grace, the grace which

flows from His sacrifice on Calvary:

Seven Sacraments

BAPTISM – the sacrament of spiritual rebirth

through which we are made children of God and

heirs of Heaven: "Amen, amen I say to thee,

unless a man be born again of water and the Holy

Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

(John 3:5. Also see Acts 2:38, Rom. 6:2-6).

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481706 Oct 12, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I have been getting it for two days. something about a Madison.com but I aint going to try and locate it.
Report it on Topix feed back ..it's,disgusting

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481707 Oct 12, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
“No doctrine concerning the divine and saving mysteries of the faith, however trivial, may be taught without the backing of the holy Scriptures. We must not let ourselves be drawn aside by mere persuasion and cleverness of speech. Do not even give absolute belief to me, the one who tells you these things, unless you receive proof from the divine Scriptures of what I teach. For the faith that brings us salvation acquires its force, not from fallible reasonings, but from what can be proved out of the holy Scriptures.”
Cyril of Jerusalem (ca. 313-386)
Well Hough about not praying tonite Here ..But said ..I think I should :)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481708 Oct 12, 2013
Father God

ABBA

once again we come in supplication and praise .
YOU ALONE ARE HOLY LORD

GOD OF HOSTS , ETERNAL

WE,ask here for healing of all here who need it .
For their family members ALSO.

And thank you for all you
Have given..

We ask that you guide our Leaders
Who seem in disarray .

We ask for your Spirit to lead our loved
Ones and friends , here and elsewhere
TO true belief and salvation

We ask for our words here to be calmer .

Not creating enemies from dissent .

We ask in the name of your Dear Son

Jesus Christ

Lord And Saviour

“Happy 2016!!”

#481709 Oct 12, 2013
ALTAR CALL… ARE YOU REALLY “SAVED”?

“First, we must clarify the question. No one is ever saved "as a
result" of an altar call. We are saved only as a result of the

GOSPEL. The question, as too often asked, betrays an awful

misunderstanding of this most important point. But with that

clarification made, we may pass over this question very quickly.
If and when God truly saves a man during the time of public invitation, then we all say "Amen!"

“In all fairness, it is important to observe that the practice was NOT born in the apostolic Church. It is NOT FOUND IN THE MINISTRY

OF JESUS, His apostles or even the church of the post-apostolic

period. We do see Jesus and the apostles "inviting" men and women to Christ and to be saved, but NEVER by means of this particular method. "Invitations" they give, to be sure! But not altar calls. The altar call is "old fashioned" in only a very relative sense.“

“It is old fashioned to us at this end of the twentieth century,

but it first AROSE MORE THAN EIGHTEEN CENTURIES AFTER CHRIST.”
(a made up concept)

http://www.biblicalstudies.com/bstudy/ecclesi...
ALTAR CALL

The modern altar call has its beginnings in the efforts of

American evangelist Charles Finney in the early 19th century.

“Happy 2016!!”

#481710 Oct 12, 2013
EXTREME UNCTION –

the sacrament, sometimes called the

Last Anointing, which strengthens the sick and

sanctifies the dying: "Is any man sick among you? Let him bring in the priests of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord ... and if he be in sins, they shall be forgiven him." (James 5:14-15. Also see Mark 6:12-13).

HOLY ORDERS –

the sacrament of ordination which empowers

priests to offer the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass,

administer the sacraments, and officiate over all

the other proper affairs of the Church: "For

every high priest taken from among men, is

ordained for men in the things that appertain to

God, that he may offer up gifts and sacrifices for

sins ... Neither doth any man take the honor to

himself, but he that is called by God, as Aaron

was." (Heb. 5:1-4. Also see Acts 20:28, 1 Tim.

4:14). Also: "And taking bread, he gave thanks,

and broke; and gave to them, saying: This is my

body, which is given for you. Do this for a

commemoration of me." (Luke 22:19).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Steve III 618,739
Just chatt 8 min Alone 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 18 min Buck Crick 63,241
Katie mitchell 22 min Cuziknow 1
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 1 hr 13yokinkygirl 12
UK Phone Numbers for Fun 2 hr Marcen18064742 13
I'm so wet right now and want to talk dirty wit... (Jun '13) 2 hr Marcen18064742 64
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 3 hr Eduardo 42
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 973,529
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr DebraE 106,460
More from around the web