Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 642141 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#481668 Oct 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
TRUE CHURCH and BIBLE
TRUE CHURCH
Catholic Church History Facts
When did the Church established by Jesus Christ get the name Catholic?
Christ left the adoption of a name for His Church to those whom he commissioall nations. Christ called the spiritual society He established, "My Church" (Mt. xvi, 18), "the Church" (Mt. xviii, 17).
In order to have a distinction between the Church and the Synagogue and to have a distinguishing name from those embracing Judaic and Gnostic errors we find St. Ignatius (50-107 AD) using the Greek word "Katholicos" (universal) to describe the universality of the Church established by Christ. St. Ignatius was appointed Bishop of Antioch by St. Peter, the Bishop of Rome. It is in his writings that we find the word Catholic used for the first time. St. Augustine, when speaking about the Church of Christ, calls it the Catholic Church 240 times in his writings.
St. Ignatius of Antioch, disciple of the Apostle John, concerning the heretics of his day wrote: "They have abstained from the Eucharist and prayer, because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of Our Savior Jesus Christ."
St. Justin Martyr, another Church Father of the second century wrote: "This food is known among us as the Eucharist... We do not receive these things as common bread and common drink; but as Jesus Christ our Savior, being made flesh by the Word of God."
"Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He who eats my f
....Receive ye the Holy Ghost. Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained." (John 20:19-23). "Amen I say to you, whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, shall be bound also in heaven; and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth, shall be loosed also in heaven." (Matt. 18:18) "Take heed to yourselves, and to the whole flock, wherein the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops, to rule the church of God ..." (Acts. 20:28) "And when they had ordained to them priests in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, in whom they believed." (Acts 14:22). " He that heareth you, hear
Catholic Church is the church most united in Christ. The spectacle of one billion Catholics, three-fifths of all professed Christians, perfectly, indomitably united in belief, in organization, and in worship - the historical fact that Catholics, consistently the largest body of Christians in the world, have always been thus perfectly united - was evidence nobody can not ignore. Here is the unity of Bible prophecy - nowhere else on the Christian scene was there a unity nearly so compact, nearly so long-lived. Nowhere else on the Christian scene was there a unity so obviously permanent.
Ok HOJO
TRYING TO UNDERSTAND ..as,I learned,this,too ..I'm NOT trying to put the CHURCH down .just asking
Jesus,Said,do this,in remembrance .
're enact the last supper .
He,was,God ..it was His,body ...His,blood
He did not say make,a,priestly hierarchy ..or a high priest POPE
Nor ordain those who HAVE POWER,to make,a,physical
change of substance
Just do this in Rembrance ..many CATHOLUCS,Don't believe this,transubstantiatiin ..
On another,note,..a,priest ..bishop etc ..who is,living in Sin ..even terrible Sin
And,I KNOW,this,is,NOT the majority ..in your faiths,eyes ..does,this,transformation take,place.wen they proclaim it
If so..what of those who go off ..get married ..or have alternative Churches,..does the,change take place.
What of Luther ...the other clergy who left ??
What of the,English or other bishops,who were Catholic in everything but the,Pope ..And ordained others ..
Did those they ordained,change bread,and wine .
And what of those the,CHURCH h found heretical ..But later changed its mind ...we're they loosed,..bound .
The excommunicated,Orthodoxy ..were,their sacrament real ..since they do not recognize the,pope,..before hey Made some peace ???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481669 Oct 12, 2013
Sorry thought post didn't go ..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#481670 Oct 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No need for tears sis...I'n jist a dingo that's been down a hard road is all...and I require a lot more than nonsensical rhetoric ta justify it all.
I hope ya can see it for the truth show here.
I ain''t knock'n yer religion...i'm look'n for "truth" in it...and so far, I ain't found any at all...

~~~

TRUTH IS BEFORE YOU, as it is all of us..

BUT

In order to find a revelation of the way the truth and the life..

one must first meet the giver of the truth

JESUS CHRIST...(WHICH IS TRUTH PERSONIFIED)

in order to find THE WAY...TO TRUTH, and ultimately

to ETERNAL LIFE.

The way to receive JESUS IS..

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

FOLLOW THESE EASY INSTRUCTIONS.

Rom 10:9 That

1.if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and

2.shalt believe in thine heart

3.that God hath raised him from the dead,

4.thou shalt be saved.

YOU BELIEVE IN YOUR HEART

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;

AND CONFESS WITH YOU MOUTH..

and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

YOU HAVE GOD'S PROMISE...

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

YOUR NATIONALITY DOES NOT MATTER...

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

GOD'S WORD DOES NOT LIE

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

This is HOW/THE WAY one is BORN AGAIN BEING OBEDIENT TO THE WORDS OF JESUS

JESUS SAID..

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

THEN FIND A CHURCH THAT PREACHES THE WORD OF GOD

BE BAPTIZED IN WATER..

AND STRIVE TO BE OBEDIENT TO GOD'S WORD...

TO THE BORN AGAIN IT SAYS
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

LIVE according as God hath dealt to TO YOU the measure of faith.

#481671 Oct 12, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No need for tears sis...I'n jist a dingo that's been down a hard road is all...and I require a lot more than nonsensical rhetoric ta justify it all.
I hope ya can see it for the truth show here.
I ain''t knock'n yer religion...i'm look'n for "truth" in it...and so far, I ain't found any at all...
~~~
TRUTH IS BEFORE YOU, as it is all of us..
BUT
In order to find a revelation of the way the truth and the life..
one must first meet the giver of the truth
JESUS CHRIST...(WHICH IS TRUTH PERSONIFIED)
in order to find THE WAY...TO TRUTH, and ultimately
to ETERNAL LIFE.
The way to receive JESUS IS..
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
FOLLOW THESE EASY INSTRUCTIONS.
Rom 10:9 That
1.if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and
2.shalt believe in thine heart
3.that God hath raised him from the dead,
4.thou shalt be saved.
YOU BELIEVE IN YOUR HEART
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;
AND CONFESS WITH YOU MOUTH..
and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
YOU HAVE GOD'S PROMISE...
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
YOUR NATIONALITY DOES NOT MATTER...
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
GOD'S WORD DOES NOT LIE
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
This is HOW/THE WAY one is BORN AGAIN BEING OBEDIENT TO THE WORDS OF JESUS
JESUS SAID..
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
THEN FIND A CHURCH THAT PREACHES THE WORD OF GOD
BE BAPTIZED IN WATER..
AND STRIVE TO BE OBEDIENT TO GOD'S WORD...
TO THE BORN AGAIN IT SAYS
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
LIVE according as God hath dealt to TO YOU the measure of faith.
A CHURCH DOES NOT SAVE YOU...

YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD IS PERSONAL

IT IS A CONVEYANCE THAT HELPS YOU ALONG THE WAY TO ETERNAL LIFE..

1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

It is our fellowship/interaction with others, that the real truth about our selves is revealed.

Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

and

We strive for a closer/MORE OBEDIENT relationship in Christ Jesus

Location hidden

#481672 Oct 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
TRUE CHURCH and BIBLE
TRUE CHURCH
Catholic Church History Facts
When did the Church established by Jesus Christ get the name Catholic?
Christ left the adoption of a name for His Church to those whom he commissioned to teach all nations. Christ called the spiritual society He established, "My Church" (Mt. xvi, 18), "the Church" (Mt. xviii, 17).
In order to have a distinction between the Church and the Synagogue and to have a distinguishing name from those embracing Judaic and Gnostic errors we find St. Ignatius (50-107 AD) using the Greek word "Katholicos" (universal) to describe the universality of the Church established by Christ. St. Ignatius was appointed Bishop of Antioch by St. Peter, the Bishop of Rome. It is in his writings that we find the word Catholic used for the first time. St. Augustine, when speaking about the Church of Christ, calls it the Catholic Church 240 times in his writings.
St. Ignatius of Antioch, disciple of the Apostle John, concerning the heretics of his day wrote: "They have abstained from the Eucharist and prayer, because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of Our Savior Jesus Christ."
St. Justin Martyr, another Church Father of the second century wrote: "This food is known among us as the Eucharist... We do not receive these things as common bread and common drink; but as Jesus Christ our Savior, being made flesh by the Word of God."
"Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has life everlasting and I will raise Him up on the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed" (John 6:54-56) "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?" they argued.(John 6:53) "And whilst they were at supper, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke: and gave to his disciples, and said: Take ye, and eat. THIS IS MY BODY. And taking the chalice, he gave thanks, and gave to them, saying: Drink ye all of this. FOR THIS IS MY BLOOD." (cf. Matt. 26:26-28; Mark 14:22-24; Luke 22:19-20).
In the most unequivocal language the Apostles affirmed that the bread and wine duly consecrated on the altar did in fact become the actual Substance of the Savior. Declared the Apostle Paul: "The chalice of benediction which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? And the bread which we break, is it not the partaking of the body of the Lord?" (1 Cor. 10:16)
....Receive ye the Holy Ghost. Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained." (John 20:19-23). "Amen I say to you, whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, shall be bound also in heaven; and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth, shall be loosed also in heaven." (Matt. 18:18) "Take heed to yourselves, and to the whole flock, wherein the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops, to rule the church of God ..." (Acts. 20:28) "And when they had ordained to the" (Acts 14:22). " He that heareth you, heareth me; and he that despiseth you, despiseth me; and he that despiseth me, despiseth Him that sent me." - Luke 10:16
edited for space

Tell me...yes or no...is the following a lie...it comes from the NABre pope approved Bible:

Church: this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. JesusÂ’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God. The gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it: the netherworld (Greek Had&#275;s, the abode of the dead) is conceived of as a walled city whose gates will not close in upon the church of Jesus, i.e., it will not be overcome by the power of death.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#481673 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Only YOU Keep preaching this lie, Confrinting!..... But then, we as Catholics (ALL KNOW) that "manipulating" the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible and "distorting" the TRUTH of what Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church actually believes and teaches, is the "basis of your entire bible only ministry" and it is what YOU do best!!!!!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#481674 Oct 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only YOU Keep preaching this lie, Confrinting!..... But then, we as Catholics (ALL KNOW) that "manipulating" the TRUTH of the TRUE interpretation of the Bible and "distorting" the TRUTH of what Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church actually believes and teaches, is the "basis of your entire bible only ministry" and it is what YOU do best!!!!!
at what time did Jesus ask a church to "sup" with him?

Salvation is personal, as I tried to explain to John from NJ so many times when he would state that Born Again Christians had little to no chance to be Saved since they didn't belong to his church.

God is Holy, your church leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to being holy, there it is self explanatory that Jesus is speaking to the individual ,that they need Salvation.

there is no need for you to live in this lie that the catholic church has taught you, but then again, you say that you left a Bible Believing church and went to the rcc, so actually, you have no chance to even be Saved since the Bible is clear that there is no more Sacrifice for you to obtain.

I feel sorry for you to a certain extent, however you have been given a chance to listen to what the Bible teaches and you refuse it, believing that a piece of grain is sufficient for you to make it to heaven.

in hell people like you will know that you have been lied to.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481675 Oct 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think that your Church saves you.

If you go to mass..get the,Eucharist ..That SAVES YOU .

YOU have none who just go through the movements.
Never giving true heart FAITH,to Our,Saviuor???

Just follow the,Church ??

#481676 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>
YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD IS PERSONAL
IT IS A CONVEYANCE THAT HELPS YOU ALONG THE WAY TO ETERNAL LIFE..
1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
It is our fellowship/interaction with others, that the real truth about our selves is revealed.
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
and
We strive for a closer/MORE OBEDIENT relationship in Christ Jesus
~~~

YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD IS PERSONAL.

Php_2:12 ..... work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

NO MAN CAN PERFORM ABSOLUTION AND FORGIVE YOU OF YOUR SINS...EVEN IF YOU CONFESS THEM TO HIM...

ONLY THE BLOOD OF JESUS CLEANSES FROM ALL SIN

1Jn_1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

A MAN'S SALVATION... is personal ...BETWEEN HIM AND GOD...

JESUS SAID IT IS

HE SAID

Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and

I will raise him up at the last day.

All in between

THE FATHER DRAWING THAT PERSON UNTO HIMSELF

and him being RAISE UP AT THE LAST DAY IS PERSONAL..

A MAN WILL STAND PERSONALLY BEFORE GOD IN JUDGMENT..

THE HOLY SPIRIT convicts a man of his sins personally ..

by giving his a revelation of the love of GOD

That he IS GUILTY AND IN need OF A SAVIOR...

NOTE

THE MISSION OF THE CHURCH IS PERFORMED THROUGH GOD'S FIVE FOLD

MINISERIES....

Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Eph 4:11 And he gave some,

1.apostles; and some,

2.prophets; and some,.

3.evangelists; and some,

4.pastors and

5.teachers;

THE FIVE FOLD MINISTRY OF THE CHURCH IS (positive)+

Eph 4:12

+A. For the perfecting of the saints,..

+B.for the work of the ministry,

+C.for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Eph 4:13

+D.Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of

+E. the knowledge of the Son of God,

+F.unto a perfect man,

+G.unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

(negative)-
Eph 4:14

-1.That we henceforth be no more children,

_2.tossed to and fro, and

-3.carried about with every wind of doctrine,

-4by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

+H.Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:.

GOD'S TRUE CHURCH

+I.Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and

+J.compacted by that which every joint supplieth,

according to the effectual working in the measure of every part,

+K. maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in

love.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481677 Oct 12, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think that your Church saves you.
If you go to mass..get the,Eucharist ..That SAVES YOU .
YOU have none who just go through the movements.
Never giving true heart FAITH,to Our,Saviuor???
Just follow the,Church ??
Some of our worst criminals,in this country
Go to Church regularly .

May even go to confession.

It's,God who knows,their hearts,..

ITS BELIEF IN OUR SAVIOUR ..repentance ..That saves us,.

Not any Church meaning a,denomination ....

We believers,Are the,CHURCH

CATHOLUC ..NON CATHOLIC...HIS BRIDE ..putting our,Faith and trust
in Him and Him alone .

What HE did ....on the,Cross for US ..people ..not institutions.

Oh they can preAch ..bring His,words,..prayer ..charity ...many good things,...of GODS,LEADING..

BUT ONLY JESUS,saves,..we,are led to Him by the,Holy Spirit ..

If we,are,lost ..And hear,a,preacher ..wander into a Church ..hear an evangelist and it stirs that spirit within us .

It's not FROM the priest or Evangelist ..it's from the Spirit ..

And thank God He is merciful to read h out to awful sinners ..And
Non believers,..through vessels,GOD has,set in their path ..

Not just Catholics vessels,..if you think God does,not use hose,not if your faith ....You deny everyone you have known eh o has been born again of he SPIRIT ..

I cannot believe you think this,..despite how you o reach here ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481678 Oct 12, 2013
Be back later on

Peace to all

Location hidden

#481679 Oct 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me...yes or no...is the following a lie...it comes from the NABre pope approved Bible:

Church: this word (Greek ekklsia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. JesusÂ’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God. The gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it: the netherworld (Greek Had&#275;s, the abode of the dead) is conceived of as a walled city whose gates will not close in upon the church of Jesus, i.e., it will not be overcome by the power of death.

Location hidden

#481680 Oct 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And: Based on what you have been posting, herein is your problem....

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

#481681 Oct 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

You argument is not with me...

It is with God himself..

One cannot manipulate what is not in the BIBLE..

AND WHAT YOU HOLD TO BE TRUTH

JUST AINT IN THERE...AND YOU HAVE NOTHING TO STAND UPON...

No matter how much you protest ...

nothing from nothing is still nothing..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481682 Oct 12, 2013
WE'VE BEEN TALKING aboUT THE,BREATH of the HOLY SPIRIT.

This,has been in my head and heart ..we can ALL

enjoy this,

http://www.bing.com/videos/search...

I love this,song
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#481683 Oct 12, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You argument is not with me...
It is with God himself..
One cannot manipulate what is not in the BIBLE..
AND WHAT YOU HOLD TO BE TRUTH
JUST AINT IN THERE...AND YOU HAVE NOTHING TO STAND UPON...
No matter how much you protest ...
nothing from nothing is still nothing..
My argument is not with God but with bible only preachers like YOU who twist, pervert and distort the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible, to make it mean "ONLY what YOU want it to mean"!..... Your conclusions are predicated upon (one thing and one thing only)....... Your OWN "opinionated anti-catholic" hostility, vengeance and vindictiveness toward Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His historically and biblically PROVEN One True Catholic Church....... This ongoing condemnation and judgement against the faith and Salvation of other Christians (especially Catholics) "clearly reveals" the (undermining bigotry" that you rely upon in order to keep your bible only ministry from sinking further and further into oblivion where it belongs!!!!!You do NOT speak for God and NEVER WILL until you come to "true salvation" in Jesus Christ!!!!

Poplar Bluff, MO

#481684 Oct 12, 2013
Hope everyone is having a Happy Sabbath !!!

Poplar Bluff, MO

#481685 Oct 12, 2013
Mathew Chapter 12
8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.
9 And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue:
10 And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him.
11 And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?
12 How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.
13 Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other.
14 Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.
15 But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;
16 And charged them that they should not make him known:
17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
19 He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.
22 Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.
23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?
24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481686 Oct 12, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
My argument is not with God but with bible only preachers like YOU who twist, pervert and distort the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible, to make it mean "ONLY what YOU want it to mean"!..... Your conclusions are predicated upon (one thing and one thing only)....... Your OWN "opinionated anti-catholic" hostility, vengeance and vindictiveness toward Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His historically and biblically PROVEN One True Catholic Church....... This ongoing condemnation and judgement against the faith and Salvation of other Christians (especially Catholics) "clearly reveals" the (undermining bigotry" that you rely upon in order to keep your bible only ministry from sinking further and further into oblivion where it belongs!!!!!You do NOT speak for God and NEVER WILL until you come to "true salvation" in Jesus Christ!!!!
If you're not answering fine
But I'm really looking for an answer to this

TRYING TO UNDERSTAND ..as,I learned,this,too ..I'm NOT trying to put the CHURCH down .just asking
Jesus,Said,do this,in remembrance .
're enact the last supper .

He,was,God ..it was His,body ...His,blood
He did not say make,a,priestly hierarchy ..or a high priest POPE
Nor ordain those who HAVE POWER,to make,a,physical
change of substance
Just do this in Rembrance ..

many CATHOLUCS,Don't believe this,transubstantiatiin ..
On another,note,..a,priest ..bishop etc ..who is,living in Sin ..even terrible Sin

And,I KNOW,this,is,NOT the majority .

.in your faiths,eyes ..does,this,transformation take,place.wen they proclaim it

If so..what of those who go off ..get married ..or have alternative Churches,..does the,change take place.

What of Luther ...the other clergy who left ??
What of the,English or other bishops,who were Catholic in everything but the,Pope ..And ordained others ..
Did those they ordained,change bread,and wine .
And what of those the,CHURCH h found heretical ..But later changed its mind ...we're they loosed,..bound .

The excommunicated,Orthodoxy ..were,their sacrament real ..since they do not recognize the,pope,..before hey Made some peace ???

I've been trying to understand the concept a,long time .

Did Jesus,say ..You HAVE the power to physically change bread and wine.

He,already died after that night ..gave up His body and blood .

Said the sacrifice was finished .

I know,He wanted the Remembrance of the LAST SUPPER .. BUT ACTUAL CHANGE...

when Christ already GAVE HIS,BODY AND BLOOD ..?????

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481687 Oct 12, 2013
IS ANYONE,getting a new Ad

A,sex thing ..it even blackout my screen..

And yes I have pop ups,blocked .

If so ..can you PLEASE, REPORT THE BUG TO TOPUX FEEDBACK ..AS A,BUG
http://www.topix.com/ext/feedback...

It's,offensive and,should not block out screens,

And so far this,is the only place I've seen it

Usually a local ad will be a the top of or on different threads,

Thanks

Thanks,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 min Redeemed 104,790
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min RiversideRedneck 39,015
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 33 min true observation 618,456
Play "end of the word" part 2 33 min andet1987 1,749
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 47 min USA-1 38,444
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Bongo1 970,179
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 182,314
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 hr dr shrink 44,474
More from around the web