Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658411 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Canada

#481549 Oct 11, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
GODS,CREATION proves,He exists,.
It's only modern msn that has,come up with THEORIES,.(changeable)
To explain away Creation .
To me it takes,A,while lot of FAITH...to believe something came coincidently into being with all the intricacies ..we cam now,see .
Why do things,work as hey do ..fitting in with each other .
Only big bang ..God's,voice ..let there be Light ..
I imagine,all that CREATION was,noisy ..:)
RoSesz says........GODS, CRATION proves, he exists.

Michael says.......then why would God create this below?

https://www.google.ca/search...

or this!

God must have a cool sense of humor....

Michael

Canada

#481550 Oct 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Faith sees the invisible.
Faith believes the incredible.
Faith receives the impossible.
Doubt sees the obstacles....faith sees the way.
Doubt sees the darkest night....faith sees the day.
Doubt dreads to take a step....faith soars on high.
Doubt questions who believes....faith answers,“I”!
Anyone, can put words together to make up phrases to say anything they want.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#481551 Oct 11, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow"]<quot ed text>
You say He sent part of His Spirit to dwell in a human body. Which part of His Spirit was that????
----------
His Breath.
KM
Willing to learn. Did that not leave the Holy Spirit breathless????!!! You would think He would have included His divinity..

Location hidden

#481552 Oct 11, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence do you have that a 3rd person of God inspired men to write the scriptures? Dozens of scriptures were burned by church leaders claiming they were not to form the bible. How can you burn other books if they too claimed by their writers to be inspired by God?
Back in the day anyone with any authority could say anything they wanted and simpleton people would believe. Christianity has only carried on because of family indoctrination. By and large its a family hand me down tradition.
If everyone was born without a religious family/belief organized religions would have all died away centuries ago.
Family indoctrination has been keeping this story alive.
Why are you not answering my question?? "What men, not inspired by the Holy Spirit, do you know that have written Scripture?"

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#481553 Oct 11, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
KayMarie says..........But, just as there is 'dark' that opposes 'light', there is also a force which we call 'devil'. That force is intent on destroying all that is good. Therefore, we NEED to pray...and prayer DOES change some things.
Michael says......If you believe the Devil (satan) is a real entity and if God is the creator of all! then God created Satan. Right?
~~~

GOD DID NOT CREATE SATAN IN HIS PRESENT FORM...

He turned away from God JUST AS YOU HAVE...

Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Rom_8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Rom_11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

2Pe_2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

2Pe_2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

Are you so arrogant in you pride... to think that you will be sparred?

JUST AS THE ROMAN CATHOLICS..that evidently you cannot accept because of their hypocrisy ...you will suffer the same fate as they will.

God is not a respecter of any one person.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#481554 Oct 11, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
or this!
Romans 1:18-21, 18 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened."
Michael

Canada

#481555 Oct 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you not answering my question?? "What men, not inspired by the Holy Spirit, do you know that have written Scripture?"
There are no original scriptures so get over it. If there are no originals it becomes fiction until originals exist. Thats true with everything in our lives.

Can you verify to me the 4 gospels were written by the names associated with them?

If there were men who wrote scriptures that were not inspired, the early catholic fathers would have destroyed them because they didn't fit their agenda.

As I said before, just because someone says they were inspired doesn't mean its true.

The catholic church highest authority claim the holy spirit inspires the cardinals to guide them in picking a new pope at every conclave. You don't believe that. Why? The catholic church is the largest christian denomination in the world.

Michael

Canada

#481556 Oct 11, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Rom_8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
Rom_11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
2Pe_2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
2Pe_2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
JUST AS THE ROMAN CATHOLICS..that evidently you cannot accept because of their hypocrisy ...you will suffer the same fate as they will.
Confrinting says...... And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

Michael says........you really believe that Noah and the arc story? You are telling me no others had boats at that time. Noah was the only one in the world with a boat.(lol)

If you believe God is all powerful and all mighty, then God could banish the satan you believe in, but he doesn't.

Interesting I don't know of any satan or devil in my life. Everything is running smooth as it always has. Sorry if things aren't so good for you.
Michael

Canada

#481557 Oct 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 1:18-21, 18 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened."
I live a pretty good-clean life. I know and practice right from wrong, I help others in need, I treat animals and humans with respect, the kind of living any God would want from his creation. If that is not good enough for God then according to you I am doomed.

When we both die, we will both suffer the same fate whatever that is, whether we just become fertilizer or if there is something beyond. Its obvious you have already pre-judged me. I thought that was Gods job to do.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#481558 Oct 11, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
God created Lucifer but not in God's image. No angel, whether it be Lucifer or any other angel receives salvation. Not one. Salvation is reserved for those created in His image.

Hebrews 2:16, "For surely it is not angels that he helps, but he helps the offspring of Abraham."

The mission of Christ is not intended to be for the reclamation of fallen angels, but the Savior’s death benefits only the “seed of Abraham.” It is obvious that the “seed of Abraham” in this context is a reference to Abraham’s spiritual seed — Christians, both of Hebrew and Gentile ancestry (Galatians 3:7, "Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham." Galatians 3:29, "And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring, heirs according to promise.").
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#481559 Oct 11, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone, can put words together to make up phrases to say anything they want.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#481560 Oct 11, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
or this!
Lol yes,..however some,species,have been bred by man for convenience or traits,.breeding for traits,

Also..it is get possible that SPECIES WITHIN THEMSELVES..due to mating ..climate ..have changed ...diseases,..

Civilization ...New,habitats,..

God created a,wonderful habitat for all creatures ..he created US as human beings EITH souls in HIS IMAGE.

But He does not micromanage as a rule ..weather is ruled by the laws,of nature ...That He set into motion..

EL.. Nino...LA,NINA. cycles that have a big part in our weather patterns ..
I'm sure there,are things other ..But for us they are biggies .

Can GOD answer prayer...end a drought ..if it His will...E sees the big picture we do not.

But we DO NOT live in he world He meant for us ...knowing evil by our Choice we no longer live THEre .

We will some day ..Jesus will reign ..But until then man has,adapted .

And there is still great beauty in each sunrise and sunset ...a,great presence set this up down to the tiniest atom.

Not by chance . By CREATION ..
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#481561 Oct 11, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
yes of course we honor mother Mary the mother of our lovely prophet ISSA (the messiah)or as you call him Jesus there is a complete Surah
Called Maryam , you can read it http://quran.com/19
Salam Alaikum

I have a bit of difficulty in understanding the position Jesus has in Islam. If he was born of Maryam, and came from heaven, does this not mean in Islam, that he would hold a very high place, even higher than Mohammed(who is just a man)blessed be he?

Could you answer me, then who is Jesus in Islam?

Peace
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#481562 Oct 11, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
I live a pretty good-clean life. I know and practice right from wrong, I help others in need, I treat animals and humans with respect, the kind of living any God would want from his creation. If that is not good enough for God then according to you I am doomed.
When we both die, we will both suffer the same fate whatever that is, whether we just become fertilizer or if there is something beyond. Its obvious you have already pre-judged me. I thought that was Gods job to do.
You said, quote, "I live a pretty good-clean life. I know and practice right from wrong, I help others in need, I treat animals and humans with respect, the kind of living any God would want from his creation. If that is not good enough for God then according to you I am doomed." End quote.

No Michael, according to God's word you are doomed. I do not have anything to do with your eternal destiny. We all sin because we all are sinners, as the Bible tells us in Romans 3:23:“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” It is for this reason we all need a new nature – which God gives the believer at the moment of salvation. II Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."

You said, quote, "When we both die, we will both suffer the same fate whatever that is, whether we just become fertilizer or if there is something beyond. Its obvious you have already pre-judged me. I thought that was Gods job to do." End quote.

Judgment is God's job not mine. I have not judged you. The judgment you feel is the conviction from the Word of God.

Non-believers go....When non-believers die, their body returns to dust, but their soul goes to Hades. It is a holding place like a jail or prison cell from which there is no escape.

Revelation 20:13-14 says, "…Death and Hades gave up the dead in them, and all were judged by what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire." So, that time will come, but after other events. For now, Hades holds the souls of the non-believers. There is no appeal process or second chance after death. All decisions you made while you were alive are final and binding on your destiny.

Believers go....The Bible teaches that those who are saved, having embraced the blood of Jesus on the cross (II Peter 1:18-19), will at death go to be with Christ, in a state of conscious bliss–and are immediately in fellowship with Christ.

The Apostle Paul declared that “to be absent from the body” is to be “present with the Lord”(2 Corinthians 5:8). And later, he says that to die, is “to depart and be with Christ, which is far better’(Philippians 1:23).

Jesus speaks of the immediate abode of the saved dead, as “Paradise.” He said to the thief on the cross,“Today you will be with me in Paradise”(Luke 23:43). The righteous dead are in the presence of Christ, in a place called Paradise, awaiting the resurrection of the body the judgment, the final reward-and the future life in Heaven.

Your choice......LIFE or DEATH.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#481563 Oct 11, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet I sense You know there is,a God ..our human sin is,a crime ..no matter our good works ...God being perfect requires,perfect justice .
No man CAN BE PERFECT

Some religions think penance is the payment .

But God showed us only pure sacrifice pays,..AND THAT WAS JESUS ..HIS BLOOD .

WE DON'T MAKE the rules .THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY AN ILLUSTRATION.

. After living a "decent" life, my time on earth came to an end. The first thing I remember is sitting on a bench in the waiting room of what I thought to be a court house. The doors opened and I was instructed to come in and have a seat by the defense table. As I looked around I saw the "prosecutor", he was a villainous looking gent who snarled as he stared at me, he definitely was the most evil person I have ever seen. I sat down and looked to my left and there sat my lawyer, a kind and gentle looking man whose appearance seemed very familiar to me. The corner door flew open and there appeared the judge in full flowing robes. He commanded an awesome presence as he moved across the room and I couldn't take my eyes off of him. As he took his seat behind the bench he said, "Let us begin." The prosecutor rose and said, "My name is Satan and I am here to show you why this man belongs in Hell." He proceeded to tell of lies that I told, things that I stole and in the past when I cheated others. Satan told of other horrible perversions that were once in my life and the more he spoke, the further down in my seat I sank. I was so embarrassed that I couldn't look at anyone, even my own lawyer, as the Devil told of sins that even I had completely forgotten about. As upset as I was at Satan for telling all these things about me, I was equally upset at my representative who sat there silently, not offering any form of defense at all. I know I had been guilty of those things, but I had done some good in my life -couldn't that at least equal out part of the harm I've done? Satan finished with a fury and said "This man belongs in Hell, he is guilty of all that I have charged and there is not a person who can prove otherwise." When it was his turn, my lawyer first asked if he might approach the bench. The judge allowed this, over the strong objection of Satan, and beckoned him to come forward. As he got up and started walking, I was able to see him now in his full splendor and majesty. Now I realized why he seemed so familiar, this was Jesus representing me, my Lord and my Savior. He stopped at the bench and softly said to the judge "Hi Dad" and then he turned to address the court. "Satan was correct in saying that this man had sinned, I won't deny any of these allegations. And yes, the wage of sins is death and this man deserves to be punished." Jesus took a deep breath and turned to his Father with outstretched arms and proclaimed, "However, I died on the cross so that this person might have eternal life and he has accepted me as his Savior, so he is mine." My Lord continued with "His name is written in the Book of Life and no one can snatch him from me. Satan still does not understand yet, this man is not to be given justice, but rather mercy." As Jesus sat down, he quietly paused, looked at his Father and replied, "There is nothing else that needs to be done, I've done it all."

Location hidden

#481564 Oct 11, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no original scriptures so get over it. If there are no originals it becomes fiction until originals exist. Thats true with everything in our lives.
Can you verify to me the 4 gospels were written by the names associated with them?
If there were men who wrote scriptures that were not inspired, the early catholic fathers would have destroyed them because they didn't fit their agenda.
As I said before, just because someone says they were inspired doesn't mean its true.
The catholic church highest authority claim the holy spirit inspires the cardinals to guide them in picking a new pope at every conclave. You don't believe that. Why? The catholic church is the largest christian denomination in the world.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#481565 Oct 11, 2013
I see this is "Give Mike The Militant Atheist All The Attention He's Been Craving Day"

Have a great weekend folks. Gonna have a few beers and see if the Vikings can turn around their crappy season!
Michael

Canada

#481566 Oct 11, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If I am not answering your question maybe I believe its redundant. Why don't you tell us the answer. We are all waiting. We can't wait.

Michael

Canada

#481567 Oct 11, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
I see this is "Give Mike The Militant Atheist All The Attention He's Been Craving Day"
Have a great weekend folks. Gonna have a few beers and see if the Vikings can turn around their crappy season!

....Your just upset that I have received a lot of responses today. They might not be all positive but yes people do post back to me.

Remember be nice with your comments Anthony, you promised Herme the other day that you are going to be on your best behavior and no more bigotry from you.

There is no militancy in my life Anthony but thats just your way of being angry within yourself when someone posts different views than you do.

thanks for reading my posts Anthony.

Location hidden

#481568 Oct 11, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If I am not answering your question maybe I believe its redundant. Why don't you tell us the answer. We are all waiting. We can't wait.
That is not the reason you are not answering my question..I know it...you know it..and you know I know it..ad I know you know I know it..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Robin 974,639
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 27 min Al Capone 2,982
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 33 min cuckoldpaul 445,505
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Repub4life 18,762
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr nanoanomaly 70,108
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr bad bob 183,446
Will Barack Obama be the Biblical anti-Christ? 2 hr Truth Teller 8
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 4 hr Johnny 4,936
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr Brian_G 282,869
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 13 hr Raspberry2129 87