Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690324 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#481332 Oct 9, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
'Jesus said if they don't believe..dust off your sandals ..no force mentioned at all'
this was my point about family church time, they should be asked to leave if they mock and openly sin.
Are you talking about those awful costumed people who invaded S Catholic Church a few years ago?? In California I think

I agree ..

I'm not sure what you mean

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#481333 Oct 9, 2013
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
The Spanish Inquisition
Llorente had access to the records of the Spanish Inquisition. Overall, Llorente in his “A Critical History of the Inquisition of Spain,” 1823, gave a much smaller figure. He calculated that more than 300,000 suffered persecution in Spain, of whom 31,912 died in the flames. Here are two passages from “The Reformation in Spain,” 1824, by Thomas M’Crie, p. 66 that also illustrate some of the discrepancies in such figures:
In the course of the first year in which it was erected, the inquisition of Seville, which then extended over Castile, committed two thousand persons alive to the flames, burnt as many in effigy, and condemned seventeen thousand to different penances. According to a moderate computation, from the same date until 1517, the year in which Luther made his appearance, thirteen thousand persons were burnt alive, eight thousand seven hundred were burnt in effigy, and one hundred and sixty nine thousand seven hundred and twenty three were condemned to penances, making all in all one hundred and ninety one thousand four hundred and twenty three persons condemned by the several tribunals of Spain in the course of thirty six years. There is reason for thinking that this estimate falls much below the truth.
According to Puigblanch,“Inquisition Unmasked,” the number of reconciled and banished in Andalusia from 1480 to 1520 was a hundred thousand, while forty five thousand were burnt alive in the archbishopric of Seville.
Cecil Roth in “History of the Marranos,” page 143, cites Amadeo de los Rios as giving the figures of 28,540 burned alive, 16,520 burned in effigy, and 308,847 punished in other ways. These figures are exclusively for Jews up to 1525, in less than half a century of existence, implying that the true figures are larger even than Llorente quoted. Speaking of Llorente’s figures, Roth says
… these huge figures are open to suspicion. However, they are exceeded by the indications given by the intensely Catholic Amadeo de los Rios, usually most moderate in his views.
Wilder (page 86) presents the figures in a way that can explain some of the misunderstanding about the number killed. Quoting Llorente, page 5,
The horrid conduct of this holy office weakened the power and diminished the population of Spain, by arresting the progress of the arts, sciences, industry, and commerce, and by compelling multitudes of families to abandon the kingdom, by instigating the expulsion of the Jews and the Moors, and by immolating on its flaming piles more than three hundred thousand victims.
Just but one of many examples would you like more or do I run the risk of Anthony accusing me again flooding the thread with spam.
And the arhons march on ...the world not knowing the truth of the endeavor...

Location hidden

#481334 Oct 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing ..torture ..done supposedly to make people believe in Christ
Is Do contradictory to Christ and His preaching it's unbelievable .
Jesus said if they don't believe..dust off your sandals ..no force mentioned at all
The "church's" actions had no indulgence in the teachings of Yeshua-Eli whatsoever...it was concerned with it's own prospect of complete domination of the world.
It is what it is.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#481335 Oct 9, 2013
Good night and God bless everyone ..

Location hidden

#481336 Oct 9, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think you know anything about the Church, so please stop commenting, you are making a fool of yourself.
Says the one who is the affiliated one of the biggest perpetuated lie
ever perpetuated upon mankind since it's inception.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#481337 Oct 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about those awful costumed people who invaded S Catholic Church a few years ago?? In California I think
I agree ..
I'm not sure what you mean
No Rose, I'm talking about orderly family church time and what that shall consist of.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#481338 Oct 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>glad to see you backtracking since the posts were around 4 hours apart.
I do realize it isn't medication that makes you ignorant, you are filled with the devils hatred.
Am filled with Truth...facts...You asked if I was on medication in that I could not transmit what I was reading!!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#481339 Oct 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
Good night and God bless everyone ..
God does not bless everyone....
marge

Leesburg, GA

#481340 Oct 9, 2013
Out of all the 'churches' represented on this thread, Gif and Kay Maries hands done is the only one I would attend, yet I would not let them water baptize me for a good reason, they lied about me that I said it's ok to sin.

Location hidden

#481341 Oct 9, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Myth 6: There was an Adam and Eve as written in the Bible.
for the love of the ALL!...Just when I felt I was the only in existence that might be able to expound upon truth!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#481342 Oct 9, 2013
And for sure I would not bother my family to attend we me as it's obvious you have no respect for order in church according to the Bible.
truth

Forrestdale, Australia

#481343 Oct 9, 2013
it is written
i am not going where you going
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo

you reject what is most holy

yes it is

wicket can't have holy ticket
revelation is
what wicket want..money and power

not love of God

They never love god
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o

who is been rejected
they will reject again and again
so many times

i am not going where you going
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo
marge

Leesburg, GA

#481344 Oct 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The "church's" actions had no indulgence in the teachings of Yeshua-Eli whatsoever...it was concerned with it's own prospect of complete domination of the world.
It is what it is.
It does seems they want nothing to do with Jesus, who sets us free from serving the world(people) and serving GOD alone.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#481345 Oct 9, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
well we Christians never did a 'INQUISITION', we just left.
Sure about that? ;0 There was a protestant in here about a month ago urging an attack on the Vatican. Protestants have a very bloody history. An inquisition is an inquiry. Since you have no homosexuals in your church have you ever inquired of them? I wouldnt expect you to know or want to know anything about history or anything about Inquisitions or the bible verses Protestants quoted to justify their own. On another note many Protestants were preaching Ham shall serve Japeth to justify enslaving a race based on the color of their skin and isnt it wonderful the USA has a document stating they are now recognized as human beings? St Augustine a Great Doctor in the church was black by the way. I truly am sorry you dont know or care to know anything about the Inquisitions or what people taught or how it involved society as a whole. However Marge the post was for Clay as I would not expect any intellectual honesty let alone intellect from any anti-catholic here. Your inquisition involves prosecution without examining the facts. Good stuff! Scholars on the other hand have been shocked to find the truth and state openly regardless of the facts, many will choose to believe what they want so deep are the myths and hostility engraved in them. False witness is no biggie though right Marge? Yep

It is unquestionable ... that the champions of Protestantism - Luther, Calvin, Beza, Knox, Cranmer and Ridley -- advocated the right of the civil authorities to punish the 'crime' of heresy ... Rousseau says truly:

The Reformation was intolerant from its cradle, and its authors were universal persecutors ...

Auguste Comte also writes:

The intolerance of Protestantism was certainly not less tyrannical than that with which Catholicism is so much reproached.(Philosophie Positive, IV, 51)

What makes, however, Protestant persecutions specially revolting is the fact that they were absolutely inconsistent with the primary doctrine of Protestantism -- the right of private judgment in matters of religious belief! Nothing can be more illogical than at one moment to assert that one may interpret the Bible to suit himself, and at the next to torture and kill him for having done so!
Nor should we ever forget that ... the Protestants were the aggressors, the Catholics were the defenders. The Protestants were attempting to destroy the old, established Christian Church, which had existed 1500 years, and to replace it by something new, untried and revolutionary. The Catholics were upholding a Faith, hallowed by centuries of pious associations and sublime achievements; the Protestants, on the contrary, were fighting for a creed ... which already was beginning to disintegrate into hostile sects, each of which, if it gained the upper hand, commenced to persecute the rest!... All religious persecution is bad; but in this case, of the two parties guilty of it, the Catholics certainly had the more defensible motives for their conduct.

At all events, the argument that the persecutions for heresy, perpetrated by the Catholics, constitute a reason why one should not enter the Catholic Church, has not a particle more force than a similar argument would have against one's entering the Protestant Church. In both there have been those deserving of blame in this respect, and what applies to one applies also to the other.

(Stoddard, 204-205, 209-210)
http://socrates58.blogspot.com/2007/03/protes...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#481346 Oct 9, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
God does not bless everyone....
but we are suppose too...
truth

Forrestdale, Australia

#481347 Oct 9, 2013
i told you beez killing who not work prodeuct as honey
ants too..
they have colony
cow too she have two stomach
usually i sit in church listen priest but i listen others too..yee every move around me
why cow have two stomack=burag and capular

i been in school quick thinker
thanks God
in biology and chemistry i know on front every formula
and law of them
yep

i been interesting on field my father and my forefathers..yee
i love my father very much and my uncles they been very hard and clean workers i respect them very much
my tears go now..

people who study must study very hard..but if you forget words of your oldest then you stay without any respect
better say to your partner no
then oldest where you grow up
its rejection of everything when you reject them..

what so ever you have can be lose on end
yee beez can catch up virus too..
yee
i love worked outside then stay in house

ants work and collect very carefully every field every seed and restore for later

i told you
my god have everything
as in within
can come wrong seed
yeee
then to late for everything

i quick thinker
i can see where you restore without knowing that you tell med..

please tell me if you touch that INRI
oh why my god choose me
that i know
truth

Forrestdale, Australia

#481348 Oct 9, 2013
deceivers and possessor
its wicket
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
what so ever you try posses you can lose

n
truth

Forrestdale, Australia

#481349 Oct 9, 2013
why wicket org never say they are wrong
for set up owfull things for others

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i told you

on the end you going lose everything

n

Location hidden

#481350 Oct 9, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It does seems they want nothing to do with Jesus, who sets us free from serving the world(people) and serving GOD alone.
Marge...I am not your friend...nor am I your enemy.
I will tell you this...look for every word he ever uttered. It is close to the basics as it gets, and will not hurt your existence as you know it...if you understand the meaning he portrays. Nothing he said is a lie. Others have obfuscated his intent.
Be careful in your quest for truth.

Peace
truth

Forrestdale, Australia

#481351 Oct 9, 2013
deceivers and possessors are not real Creator

first they used you then reject

Jesus Christ is been reject all righteousness people too..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min June VanDerMark 41,655
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min nanoanomaly 989,686
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 2 hr Smarter than you 98
Would the world have been better off...without ... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 3 hr Smarter than you 120
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 3 hr Paul is dead 541
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 5 hr Paul is dead 10
More from around the web