Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603170 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#481026 Oct 8, 2013
who="New Age Spiritual Leader"
I disagree - many nations seem to be in trouble and many nations don't even use the Bible.
Your opinion is only that.
I for one, don't give value to the Bible at all, except in one way - it causes hatred within people, division of like followers, and due to its incompleteness has caused people to only believe in a portion of Jesus and what he taught.
Seems like you are promoting these situations as well.

----------
I don't usually respond to your posts, but you really stuck your neck out on that first line:
"many nations seem to be in trouble and many nations don't even use the Bible."

Exactly their problem... "The fear of the Lord is the BEGINNING of wisdom."

KayMarie

“Hey Now!”

Since: Oct 13

Washington Co.

#481027 Oct 8, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That has already been discussed ..
Eves,female,children.
and that's ok w/ you?

We should all look like British inbred royalty then.

#481028 Oct 8, 2013
who="Michael"
If we are all sinners then none of us have a right to point out sins of others, yet this goes on continuously on this forum by those that believe they are saved.
UNBELIEVABLE!

----------
All of us need to speak more civilly to everyone.("As much as it lies in you, live PEACEABLY with EVERYONE.")
Sin should be defined, but without condemning anyone. We are to encourage others to avoid sin...not provoke them to wrath.
Jesus said, "I did not come to condemn the world, but (so) that the world through me might be saved."

Are WE encouraging anyone to be more godly? Do we persuade anyone that God truly loves THEM?

"Whatsoever you do to the least of these...you do it also unto ME."

KayMarie

#481029 Oct 8, 2013
who="Michael"

Imagine a large corporation where MOST of its employees don't follow mandatory rules/regulations?

----------
You are describing our government.:)

KM
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#481030 Oct 8, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Then I guess no one will be able to get to Heaven, I sin, you sin we all sin. The bible doesn't say homosexual, but effeminate.. A homosexual in this world has the same chance of getting into heaven as you do. Some live monastic lives and have become Saints. Didn't you know Christ loves everyone? If the gay person is celibate, then he or she is following Christ by living a Holy life, then they have a greater chance to get to heaven than a lot of so called born again people who say they don't sin anymore. Get off your high horse and become humble in your ways, if you don't love your neighbor, you don't love Christ.
I don't believe MARGE'S church endorses Pot smoking either. Marge loves her weed, but HEY! THATS OK!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#481031 Oct 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sera, the group on that website is not in any way sanctioned by the Church. What they are is a bunch of Catholic gay rights activists who search for local Catholic Churches which have a very liberal priest assigned and who are very open to the gay community's extreme sense of social justice and then create a directory of sorts for like-minded dissidents. We have a few in Minneapolis where the priests are very often times being disciplined by the Archbishop for stepping over the line. I'm sure Rose is a nice lady and I believe her when she says was raised Catholic. I also believe she left when she was a teen, and if she was anything like I was as a teenager, she was probably taught a great many things but blew it off like I did. I will tell you that much of my faith formation came AFTER I matured. I suspect she left long before she had any real grasp of Catholic teaching.
Anthony says.....We have a few in Minneapolis where the priests are very often times being disciplined by the Archbishop for stepping over the line.

Michael says.....Disciplined how? What archbishop disciplined what priests and how? A bishop disciplining an 79 year old senior citizen priest who has dedicated his entire life to God.

Pope Francis says........."WHO AM I TO JUDGE"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-234897...

#481032 Oct 8, 2013
who="Michael"

SUCH TRIVIA SUCH AS ...WHERE CAINS WIFE CAME FROM WILL NOT MATTER..
AND THESE THINGS THAT ARE MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING,
Michael says........You say its trivial because you DON'T have an answer.(lol)
I don't find it trivial. I want to know the answer? Please tell all of us.
....Where did Cain find his wife?

----------
Gen 3:20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the MOTHER of ALL living.

Incest was not an issue until pagan groups illicit practices spoiled the bloodline.

KM

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#481033 Oct 8, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Francis excommunicated a priest for promoting homosexual marriage. He didn't advocate for homosexuality as you suggest. What he said is in perfect compliance with church teaching. The church reaches out to homosexuals with love and compassion as the apostles did to repent of their way. It offers support and encouragement to refrain from acting out homosexual desires. It seeks to offer comfort in Christ who can strengthen them beyond fleshly desires. All fall short of the Glory of God, but Pope Francis is not saying to hate them because they have struggles. You cannot reach someone if you cannot dialogue with them. In context he was talking about people who with a sincere heart and desire seek to do the will of God. However he is not saying its good, proper or that the church welcomes defiance of its teachings If you wish to twist what was said to conform to your self value as many in the secular media did then so be it, but it is not what he said. Many were in a huff when the Pope took action contrary to the false position you stated inserting what you wish to believe, because it never existed. However it does magnify your severe ignorance of the churches position. If they refuse to adhere to the church and try to force it to change to conform to their values and perceptions then they are not in communion with the church. Actions speak much louder than words and Pope Francis spoke loudly with his action against a defiant priest.
But thank you for yet again showing you have no clue what you are talking about. Your perfect record is in tact.
And if a person does not express he or she is homosexual, yet still attends in "cognito", then what?

Your logic has failed.

Better yet - instead of your opinion of what Pope Francis says, why don't you quote what he says about this.

When you can refute what I've stated with Pope Francis' own words, instead of your speculation, then you will have a fair rebuttal, but right now, your opinion is nothing but your own.

BTW - that would be Self.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#481034 Oct 8, 2013
Concerned in Brasil wrote:
Clay the Fool Wrote.
I'm sorry, but if I were to go over those pamphlets, it still wouldn't solve the underlying problem: who is the infallible authority to decide which books are Biblical and who's interpretations are the truth?
You can NOT have an infallieble collection of books, with NO infallible authority to interpret them.
My Response
Really and the RCC is infallible they authority the one that decreed through Papal Bull and then some 27 Popes affirmed the Inquisitions, the RCC murdered some 20 million + over 500 years with her infallible authority in the name of Jesus torturing and murdering those who believe as I do for example adult baptism.
So before you get to Alter calls FOOL you got something way bigger than that to deal with.
Fool wrote
As I've pointed out earlier, born agains believe the Holy Spirit interprets it for them (after their alter call). How come they don't come to the same conclusions??
My Response
Who what you are referring to above is beyond comprehension Evangelical Protestant Christians believe the body of believers the through the Holy Spirit interprets, not individuals you make it nonsense and then tear down all the while patting yourself on the back you are a Fool.
Fool wrote
Sola Scripture opens up an abyss of a mess. Its a man made doctrine and is evident by men like you... Who have come and gone since the Bible was published in 1452. No two generations have preached the same Christianity since. Doesn't that alarm you in the least?
My Response
Once again a man made statement from a fool that has not a shred of biblical or Historical evidence to show its truth, its just Blah Blah from a Fool
Lol. I can see from your response you have no argument. You've completely avoided the dilemma you created by installing sola scripture as a truth.
The Bible is an infallible Book, with no real infallible authority to interpret it. Nice one!

RC murdered 20 million eh?? Lol.
Have a good day, remember its your turn to stock the non perishable goods at the compound!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#481035 Oct 8, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THE TRIVIA HAS AN ANSWER...
Gen_5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
NO ONE KNOWS HOW OLD THE CAIN WAS WHEN HE WENT TO THE LAND OF NOE
Gen_4:16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
ALL THESE YEARS ADAM AND EVER WERE HAVING OTHER CHILDREN..WHO WERE FRUITFUL AND MULTIPLYING THE INHERITANCE OF THE EARTH.
WHEN CAIN KNEW HIS WIFE...
Gen_4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.
CAIN COULD HAVE HAD AS MANY WIVES AS HE WANTED AND ALL OF THE DISTANT KIN..
A LOT OF PEOPLE CAN BE BORN IN A PERIOD OF 930 YEARS...
Confrinting says.........
A LOT OF PEOPLE CAN BE BORN IN A PERIOD OF 930 YEARS..

Michael says.....You really believe this age thing? Well, if you are 79 now you probably have another 800 years or so of posting on this forum.

You are here for the long haul.(lol)

ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#481036 Oct 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks,Anhony ..I actually left in my twenties ...
What I learned was,from before VAT2..the Baltimore CATECHISM I posted is how I learned ..things were different. I never claimed to take,any theology classes,..nor ever DoD not believe Jesus died for our sins ..though I did not realize fully just how HE TOOK ON OUR SINS
I fully have acknowledged ..That U did not come to FULL FAITH IN MY SAVIOYR in my heart until decades,later ..
as I said yesterday . I ONLY ABSWERED ONE PISER ON ONE POINT..GAY PEOPLE GO TO CHURCH
The only point of my post was THERR are churches CATHOLIC and NON Catholic ..That are gay friendly
I live in county very diverse,..But I was not going to publish local
Information ..do I found a,national site .
I gave no information on HOW they are gay friendly . I DON'T KNOW.
.AFTER ACCUSATIONS,.of being bigoted ..quoting YOU by the way...so as said ..tHough I had my doubts
And another woman Saud I quoted some bishop...I looked last night for that . Found 5 posts from me ..NO BISHOP .(I have the five links in case anyone wants them )
again the point was gay people go to some Christian Churches ..some are listed as CATHOLUC and gay friendly.
I NEVER SAID ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT WHAT YOUR CHURCH TEACHES ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY..
I assume the Church teaching is against it .
I said before until I came back on Topix I thought out differences were ritualistic ...
AND THE MAIN thing we had in common was the LOVE OF OUR LORD JESUS ..OUR SAVIOUR .
I believe He used both Catholic and non Catholic Christians, for the great Commission...HIS,WORD to tell four corners of the,earth
I have been called liar and bigot .
I am neither ..IMO ..posting a,link.I found that lists Churches and that THey are CATHOLIC...one listed I know is Catholic as I went there for eighth grade ...AGAIN NO CLUE in what way They ate gay friendly ..fir a nit make me a bigot .
My city is full of gay people ..SOME go to Church...i assume they go where they are,welcome .
Please don't make me go back and find the post that I agreed with. You even responded to it. So doubt no longer. I accept your apology in advance.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#481037 Oct 8, 2013
who="Michael"
SUCH TRIVIA SUCH AS ...WHERE CAINS WIFE CAME FROM WILL NOT MATTER..
AND THESE THINGS THAT ARE MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING,
Michael says........You say its trivial because you DON'T have an answer.(lol)
I don't find it trivial. I want to know the answer? Please tell all of us.
....Where did Cain find his wife?
----------
Gen 3:20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the MOTHER of ALL living.
Incest was not an issue until pagan groups illicit practices spoiled the bloodline.
KM
You are saying that Eve had sexual relations with her son and gave birth to her sons wife? Is that what you are saying? You know that, or are you saying that because you don't have a logical answer to make the story pieces fit?

#481039 Oct 8, 2013
who="Michael" 42,001 different christian sects, each sect claiming the very same Holy Spirit of God, guides them each to believe their own conflicting doctrine and biased belief.
......makes no common sense!

----------
I suppose everyone in your family and on your job, are in perfect harmony about how to do things...:)

Everyone who comes to Jesus must learn from Him...NOT from 'they' who have opinions.

Martin Luther didn't know everything...but he READ, and learned that men come to God by faith. They don't find God through rituals...OR the demands of the Pharisee's.

Don't worry...God Himself will teach the true seeker ("here a little, there a little"). Marx and Lenin called the folks who blindly followed the 'leader', "useful idiots".

Too many of the 42,000 bother to, "Study to show yourself approved unto GOD..." Too few 'hunger and thirst after righteousness'.

What category are we in ???

KayMarie

KayMarie

Albuquerque, NM

#481040 Oct 8, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Francis excommunicated a priest for promoting homosexual marriage. He didn't advocate for homosexuality as you suggest. What he said is in perfect compliance with church teaching. The church reaches out to homosexuals with love and compassion as the apostles did to repent of their way. It offers support and encouragement to refrain from acting out homosexual desires. It seeks to offer comfort in Christ who can strengthen them beyond fleshly desires. All fall short of the Glory of God, but Pope Francis is not saying to hate them because they have struggles. You cannot reach someone if you cannot dialogue with them. In context he was talking about people who with a sincere heart and desire seek to do the will of God. However he is not saying its good, proper or that the church welcomes defiance of its teachings If you wish to twist what was said to conform to your self value as many in the secular media did then so be it, but it is not what he said. Many were in a huff when the Pope took action contrary to the false position you stated inserting what you wish to believe, because it never existed. However it does magnify your severe ignorance of the churches position. If they refuse to adhere to the church and try to force it to change to conform to their values and perceptions then they are not in communion with the church. Actions speak much louder than words and Pope Francis spoke loudly with his action against a defiant priest.
But thank you for yet again showing you have no clue what you are talking about. Your perfect record is in tact.
I get it now - you'd rather leave out pertinent information related to the Pope, to lead others astray, instead of allowing people to make their own opinion of the words the Pope uses....

"In 2011, Reynolds left the Church to form his own church, called Inclusive Catholics, and he expected the Church to defrock him, but not excommunicate him. Even so, he stated it made no difference to him or his ministry.

"In times past excommunication was a huge thing, but today the hierarchy have lost such trust and respect," he said.

"I've come to this position because I've followed my conscience on women's ordination and gay marriage."
Days ago, the Pope also told atheists to follow their conscience, but the excommunication of a priest following his conscience contradicts his statements concerning following one’s conscience.

http://www.goddiscussion.com/114228/pope-fran...

"Days ago, the Pope also told atheists to follow their conscience, but the excommunication of a priest following his conscience contradicts his statements concerning following one’s conscience."

*sighs*

Why do you try to continue to hate others because of sexual orientation when in fact, it has nothing to do with you or your lifestyle?

“Hey Now!”

Since: Oct 13

Washington Co.

#481041 Oct 8, 2013
Is there not enough room on the plant for everyone, in spite of our differences?

Who are all of us to judge others, cast out those that don't believe or think the same?

Love everyone and respect each other.

By the way, I'm not gay. I am "white" and was raised a Catholic.

Then I went to school, was taught to think for myself. Question why we are taught K-12 things without question.

Math is the only truth without doubt.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#481042 Oct 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Confrinting says: "your religious society has gone the same rout as many other benevolent organizations"
Sorry to burst your "anti-catholic bubble" Confrinting, but organizations, heretics, ministers, false teachers, hypcrites, bigots and anti-catholic (so-called bible experts) have come and gone for over 2000 years "AND YOURS WILL BE JUST ANOTHER ONE!!!!---YET----THE CATHOLIC CHURCH-----LIVES ON-----Just like Jesus said it would, in Matthew 16:18. "The gates of hell, shall NOT prevail against it (His One True Universal (Catholic) Church.....That is precisely why Jesus Christ initiated, formed and established His One TRUE CHURCH---as Paul says in I Timothy 3:15."the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH....(to save sinners) of which we all are!! Just because some its members stray, doesn't mean that it was not founded by Jesus Christ HIMSELF to teach HIS infallible word!!
While the Catholic Church is full of sinners---so is the rest of the world.......... The issue here isn't "conduct" it is TRUTH OF DOCTRINE, from the historical and biblical teaching, handed down by Jesus HIMSELF, to HIS Apostles, in and through HIS ONE TRUE CHURCH to His disciptles, follwers and believers........ If you judge truth by the conduct of whether someone sins or not, then you had better "throw out your bible" because EVERY ONE of its authors were sinners. Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners" This only goes to show how duplicitous, twisted and confused Protestants are in their ingrained and distorted anti-catholic thinking!!!...

Albuquerque, NM

#481043 Oct 8, 2013
who="New Age Spiritual Leader"
I disagree - many nations seem to be in trouble and many nations don't even use the Bible.
Your opinion is only that.
I for one, don't give value to the Bible at all, except in one way - it causes hatred within people, division of like followers, and due to its incompleteness has caused people to only believe in a portion of Jesus and what he taught.
Seems like you are promoting these situations as well.
----------
I don't usually respond to your posts, but you really stuck your neck out on that first line:
"many nations seem to be in trouble and many nations don't even use the Bible."
Exactly their problem... "The fear of the Lord is the BEGINNING of wisdom."
KayMarie
Incorrect conclusion. The Bible is used in America and look at what is happening to us.

By your logic - the Bible is causing America to fail.

DOH!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#481044 Oct 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sera, the group on that website is not in any way sanctioned by the Church. What they are is a bunch of Catholic gay rights activists who search for local Catholic Churches which have a very liberal priest assigned and who are very open to the gay community's extreme sense of social justice and then create a directory of sorts for like-minded dissidents. We have a few in Minneapolis where the priests are very often times being disciplined by the Archbishop for stepping over the line. I'm sure Rose is a nice lady and I believe her when she says was raised Catholic. I also believe she left when she was a teen, and if she was anything like I was as a teenager, she was probably taught a great many things but blew it off like I did. I will tell you that much of my faith formation came AFTER I matured. I suspect she left long before she had any real grasp of Catholic teaching.
Today there are MANY, MANY groups not sanctioned by the catholic church that are getting the attention of MANY MANY catholics.

AUSCP the newly formed priest UNION in america with over 1,000 member priests. Originally started in Ireland and has now spread to several countries forming Associations and supporting VATICAN II policies that they were ordained under.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/03/asso...

NUNS in america defying the hirearchy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opinion/sun...

Woman priests........not sanctioned but stirring up a lot of attention.

http://romancatholicwomenpriests.org/

.....I am sure in your own mind you know your church is completely out of control.

NOW! Does that sound like an organization with all its SHITE together?

I don't make the news.........I bring the news that catholics don't want to know about.

Albuquerque, NM

#481045 Oct 8, 2013
----------
I don't usually respond to your posts,

KayMarie
Maybe you should more often - to learn the trruths about your religion.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Self.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#481046 Oct 8, 2013
who="Michael"
If we are all sinners then none of us have a right to point out sins of others, yet this goes on continuously on this forum by those that believe they are saved.
UNBELIEVABLE!
----------
All of us need to speak more civilly to everyone.("As much as it lies in you, live PEACEABLY with EVERYONE.")
Sin should be defined, but without condemning anyone. We are to encourage others to avoid sin...not provoke them to wrath.
Jesus said, "I did not come to condemn the world, but (so) that the world through me might be saved."
Are WE encouraging anyone to be more godly? Do we persuade anyone that God truly loves THEM?
"Whatsoever you do to the least of these...you do it also unto ME."
KayMarie
Your right ..I know,at times,I sign off angry and at times hurt ..
And,I know this,anger is,NOT what God,wants.

I apologize for any dissent I may have caused by my words.

If we leave the forum feeling not right in our hearts. SOMETHING is,wrong .

If people choose to disbelieve what I say or my motives,..Well nothing I can say is,going to change that .

Nor does this forum have any real bearing on us,..except as,it hurts,God to see us,argue ..

Thanks,

God bless you all ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Tide with Beach 878,146
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 10 min sangili karuppan 7,618
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 53 min Darwins Stepchild 177,849
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr sexy gay 560
google sniper for make money online 1 hr Clesteron 3
9/11&bin 1 hr REV CAROL 1
Is Obama Really Black? (Jul '09) 3 hr Johnny 72
The Christian Atheist debate 5 hr too lazy to log in 3,794
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 hr dollarsbill 7,967
More from around the web