Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665168 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#481243 Oct 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What else is needed? For starters, a list of inspired books is needed. An infallible authority to interpret them would be good too. What good are the scriptures unless you get the correct interpretations?
If you lived pre 1452, a printing press might be useful, otherwise the Bible doesn't come out of the sanctuary of the Churches and on to your night stand for private interpretations!
The Bible is the only list of Inspired books.

Tell me oh Great Sage...was Christ lying when he said:

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#481244 Oct 9, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
EXAMPLE
Num_22:25 And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she thrust herself unto the wall, and crushed Balaam's foot against the wall: and he smote her again.
Num_22:27 And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she fell down under Balaam: and Balaam's anger was kindled, and he smote the ass with a staff.
NOTE
Num_22:28 And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?
Num_22:29 And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.
Num_22:30 And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? And he said, Nay.
~~~
WHY IS IT THAT YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVEN'T CANONIZED BALAAM'S ASS.
AFTER ALL GOD SPOKE THROUGH HER...
SHOULD SHE NOT QUALIFY AS ONE OF YOUR SAINTS?
Num_22:28 And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?
Num_22:29 And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.
Num_22:30 And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? And he said, Nay.
Why do you believe that donkeys have speech capabilities like that of humans, when clearly only parrots seem to have this ability.

I think you have been watching too many "Mr Ed" re-runs.

Location hidden

#481245 Oct 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What else is needed? For starters, a list of inspired books is needed. An infallible authority to interpret them would be good too. What good are the scriptures unless you get the correct interpretations?
If you lived pre 1452, a printing press might be useful, otherwise the Bible doesn't come out of the sanctuary of the Churches and on to your night stand for private interpretations!
And...Show me in the above where the NABre teaches that Scripture needs to be supplemented for teachingÂ…for every good work...for wisdom.

Location hidden

#481246 Oct 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do actually believe that Jesus Christ started a Catholic Church, but it became corrupted and some Roman Empire infiltrated her teachings and changed its name to Roman Catholic? They hid the Bible from the concerneds of the world, but when it was finally published in 1452, the word of God was properly revealed to you all?
Well, almost revealed. The Lutherans and Methodist only got sola scripture and sola fide right. They weren't born again enough and still looked Catholic... And so Jesus Christ patiently waited until the Welsh revivals of the early 20th century, to FINALLY reveal the word of God to the Pentecostal born again movement? And now Our Lord relies on you and your massive ego to decipher Bible verses to bring His word to humanity?
And you called me a fool?
Tell me...yes or no...is the following a lie...it comes from the NABre pope approved Bible:

Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. JesusÂ’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God. The gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it: the netherworld (Greek Had&#275;s, the abode of the dead) is conceived of as a walled city whose gates will not close in upon the church of Jesus, i.e., it will not be overcome by the power of death.
Clay

Detroit, MI

#481247 Oct 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the answer to your question is in your question
doctrine and dogma, the explication and officially acceptable version of a religious teaching. The development of doctrines and dogmas has significantly affected the traditions, institutions, and practices of the religions of the world. Doctrines and dogmas also have influenced and been influenced by the ongoing development of secular history, science, and philosophy.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/167...
you see now why we object to your behavior as a irreligious system.
man set in place these doctrines, they are not found in the Bible. what IS found is the Written Word of God and your system has neglected to follow what God has set forth.
for instance, God never told any of us to eat a piece of grain and drink some wine every day,week or month. No, He said do this in remembrance of Me.
and with this mode, your clergy have lied to you and told you that this is how you receive Christ. they are thieves and made you clay a thief too. You will never get into Heaven by taking a sip of wine(if so, wino will make it long before you, not will you make it by eating a piece of grain.
there is no dogma nor doctrine in the Bible only His Word and catholics don't follow that.
You guys shoot yourselves in the foot by demanding that Catholicism needs to be explicitly spelled out in scripture. You first need to prove that Christ taught this. Then you need to provide the verses where the list of inspired Books is given.
Sacred tradition is also the word of God. It eventually spawned the written documents that would become part of the Bible.
You see Preston, your premise is flawed from the start because sola scripture is not Biblical. It never was until the 16th century.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#481248 Oct 9, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..... "IGNORANT AND STUPID" he says with a smile...another christian speaking "brotherly love" about other christians.
You are just a HYPICRIT cowboy!
mike, I could CARE LESS WHAT YOU THINK OF ME.

YOU ARE A WASTE OF TIME.

WHAT I SAID, I SAID.

you attack both sides equally.

Location hidden

#481249 Oct 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>glad that you believe in OSAS, you are a very poor example of a person supposed to be a Christian.
to make light of a person suffering with an illness.
A sick person said? "Seems to me the antibiotics are staying with her"

You would think by now you would be better at saving face!!!!!

Location hidden

#481250 Oct 9, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yeah. a brain.
Such wisdom!!!! If I was missing a brain...I would not be correcting you over and over!!!!

Location hidden

#481251 Oct 9, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand. I am not claiming a miracle or healing occurred. I am thanking God for watching over a child and family that was suffering and getting the right people with the right tools to help her. I am not criticizing you. I just don't understand your post to me.
Appreciate your words..."Seems to me the antibiotics are staying with her" In my world that is giving thanks, not to Christ, but the antibiotics...
Clay

Detroit, MI

#481252 Oct 9, 2013
who="concerned in Brasil" Clay wrote:
What else is needed? For starters, a list of inspired books is needed.
Q. Which ones the ones for the 6th council or the ones from Trent some 1000 years later???
Clay Wrote:
An infallible authority to interpret them would be good too.
response:
Yes in your case, you clearly are daft but then we will need an infallible interpreter interpreter to assure us that the infallible authority got it right and then one for him and again for him........ see how logic makes your statement so stupid.
If one is able to discern someone is an infallible interpreter then they are able to discern the scriptures too.
Clay wrote:
What good are the scriptures unless you get the correct interpretations?
Response:
Exactly and the RCC has not interpreted correctly, purgatory, prayers to dead people, Idol statue worship, Papacy, Indulgences,Inquisitions,etc. so its no good.
Clay Wrote:
Response:
Exactly that is why it was so easy for Rome's little anti-Christs to lie about doctrines like indulgences and get money to satisfy their greed. Then God comes along and provides a way for all to verify Romes new and novel concepts by enabling all to own Bibles, so she comes up with more bull to cover her ass, and says only we can interpret correctly...how convenient, what a big fat LIE.
----------
Good work, Brasil.(ButI wouldn't call him 'daft'.)
KM
Good work says Kay? No its not. Its full of conspiracy scenarios. In effect, you're saying the Holy Spirit did not guide the generation that came immediately after the Apostles. And those Disciples that heard the teachings directly from the mouths of the Apostles did not get it correct. Were they not born again??
In fact, nobody got it right until the 20th century it seems? That's ridiculous on every level. And it completely lacks faith and trust in Jesus Christ. He promised to protect His Church... Not let it get infiltrated by a wicked men.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#481253 Oct 9, 2013
who="Oxbow"]<quot ed text>
Appreciate your words..."Seems to me the antibiotics are staying with her" In my world that is giving thanks, not to Christ, but the antibiotics...

----------
Both...we give thank to Him FOR the anti-bio-tics.
KM

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#481254 Oct 9, 2013
who="Clay "]<quoted text>
Good work says Kay? No its not. Its full of conspiracy scenarios. In effect, you're saying the Holy Spirit did not guide the generation that came immediately after the Apostles. And those Disciples that heard the teachings directly from the mouths of the Apostles did not get it correct. Were they not born again??
In fact, nobody got it right until the 20th century it seems? That's ridiculous on every level. And it completely lacks faith and trust in Jesus Christ. He promised to protect His Church... Not let it get infiltrated by a wicked men.

----------
Please understand me, Clay. We are talking about denominations (simply means a group operating under a 'name'), not about any of us as individuals. My trust is in Christ.

In times past, people thought that the world sat on the back of a turtle. Some reasoned that that turtle had to sit on the back of a larger turtle...on the back of a larger turtle, etc. Brasil reminded me of that when he said that trusting a pope to be infallible through generations of them ('sitting' on the same concept). You and I both know that some popes were anything but 'holy' or infallible.

No church...yours or mine...is immune to infiltration of wicked men...or the temporary failure of some 'good' men.

We believe and teach what Matthew, Luke, John, Mark, Peter and Paul reported that Jesus said. Their reports have brought about wonderful results...and a LOVE for God and His Word.

Peace,
KayMarie

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#481255 Oct 9, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for clarifying for me.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#481256 Oct 9, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, you're on fanatic overdrive! Are you saying the Pope ordered the sacking of Constantinople? I already showed you an essay from a historian at Utah State who disagrees with you. In fact, find me one normal historian that does agree with any of your absurd claims. The Pope murdered 50 million or whatever, fine.. Show us something so we can review it.
It really sounds like you're nothing but an ignorant bigot. But you only hate Roman Catholics. Do you hate Orthodox? They believe in the sacramental priesthood and the authority of the Church too ya know...
Question: when did the teachings of Jesus Christ get messed up. Clearly, dogma and doctrine was in place long before evil Roman took over His Church. The Eucharist, infant Baptism, the sacraments priesthood, Confession... in your authoritative opinion, was the Church immediately messed up until the born again movement arrived and read the Bible?
yeah!!! right on!!! Hate the Orthodox too!!! Unity now!!! Hoooorah!!!!
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#481257 Oct 9, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"HISTORY BEARS ME OUT ON THIS"
Well, let's have it. Show us where you get your history from....names, documents, research. And please spare us the opinions from Webster and Slick, they're both amatuer dumb-dumbs...
Whats one do with a little child like you Anthony.

I have posted to you in years gone by Orthodox historians even JohnNJ posted the same historians with regards to the fact the Papacy is a new and novel concept created by the Rome as he put the Latins. you simply go into mud sling mode and attack the poster and the historian, church father, posted and claim is fabrication or out of context.

I have given you Christian Eternal Classic links to the early church fathers to the original works on line you simply deny what they say in plain language.

So which of the items on my list do say the Roman Latins never instituted, is the Papacy, Indulgences, Inquisition, crusades which one is it which one would you like to start with?

Or is just more hot air puffed up tough guy bravado, with no substance??

You like to say Matt Slick and William Webster are amateurs, yet their articles are fully footnoted they don't quote amateurs as you say in your feeble character assassinations. But is more important you just say they are amateurs, with no verifiable evidence they are.

I mean even you can see with out actually producing facts evidence adnossum and only name calling that the longer you continue this even the RC's under their breath here are questioning and wondering.

So once again I thank you.

I await for you to choose the subject but why not Inquistions for a starter if you wish and make a historical argument how the other catholic sects as clay stated follow Rome in this belief.

This one Rome via Papal Bull instituted and some 27 popes affirmed
This one Rome formed a special branch of Priests to preform and even gave them a manual on how to torture that among other things allowed all sorts of horrendous acts as long as blood was not drawn.

But better yet why not make a biblical argument for it.
Show us where early church fathers instituted this practiced and show us that this Apostolic lineage.

IF YOU CAN'T ON THIS AND THIS ALONE ROME IS FOUND EMPTY AND NOT THE ONE TRUE YADDA YADDA.

Because the TRUTH MATTERS NOT YOUR VIAL HATE

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#481258 Oct 9, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A sick person said? "Seems to me the antibiotics are staying with her"
You would think by now you would be better
at saving face!!!!!
Ox you're a Christian??

Why not thank God thank JESUS ..That a, young woman is, able,to go home from the hospital with something treatable by antibiotics

She was,originally sick enough to be hospitalized,...

Thanking God is,totally appropriate,for any blessing ..if you are,a Christian...

You would,also pray for a,speedy recovery ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481259 Oct 9, 2013
who="Oxbow"]<quot ed text>
----------
Both...we give thank to Him FOR the anti-bio-tics.
KM
Exactly
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#481260 Oct 9, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Roman Catholic Church is Apostate in the eyes of the Holy Spirit God. She has gone by that which was written for earthly gain.
The word God breathed by the Holy Spirit explicitly declares this.
I am here to make my case with the indisputable biblical and historical facts"
All I've seen is yours, Webster's and Slick's opinions on scripture and history. You're gonna have to do better than that.
I surprised you have seen anything with your head so far in the sand.

I have given so much more than Matt Slick and Willam Webster I am sorry for you, that you just can't help yourself and lie.

But why do I have to have to better than that because YOU say so.

You can't refute one of them, your last attempt you posted RC apologists links that argued against James White LOL yes Anthony I checked out your links I read them.

Your not a very good Poker player all you can do is bluff because the RCC has no cards.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#481261 Oct 9, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus loves me ..
The bible tells me so .
Just was making observation
I have learned much Here I did not know ...your history lessons pull some things together ...
But despite the rancor ..just saying if we love JESUS Christ as Saviour ..isn't that common ground ..trust me..I'm aware of a lot.
Since I really was raised Catholic ...learned what they taught at the time ...fifties sixties.
I am no longer Catholic ..I did no find true Faith through the guidance if the HOLY SPIRIT till later in life ...to love HIM ..KNOW exactly how much He did for me in my heart ..soul and spirit ...till then .
I have learned a,lot ..understood scripture more deeply ..not on my own But through the gifts given me ...on being born again
But I know Catholics who love Jesus as much as,I do ..And live it .
So ..????
.I think God uses people as He finds them ..when He wills.
Just saying e rancor ..of which I am guilty myself ..is,NOT good for our souls ...
If they are RC and pray to dead saints contrary to how Jesus and every example in the bible teaches us to pray.
If they are RC and adore their papacy and would or have bowed to the pope are willing to kiss his ring finger.
If they are willing to use Mary as their mediator to the father and give prayers to her and call her mother of god and Queen of Heaven and bow before graven images of her
If they are RC and believe they need Mass the Eucharist every week to maintain Salvation and that its a weekly sacrifice of Jesus and they are literally eating his flesh and blood.
If they believe salvation is by grace with infusion of works as a RC does..........

There are more If's but if your RC friends do these things they do not Love the Jesus that spoke and the world came into existence.

The love and worship a false Jesus just like a Mormon.

They may have passion and Love, so do Muslims, so do JW's, so do Mormons but if they all love a false Jesus and they are on road to eternal separation from the Father, I don's say so the Jesus revealed in the scriptures said so and that's why this is of grave consequence.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#481262 Oct 9, 2013
who="Clay "]<quoted text>
----------
Please understand me, Clay. We are talking about denominations (simply means a group operating under a 'name'), not about any of us as individuals. My trust is in Christ.
In times past, people thought that the world sat on the back of a turtle. Some reasoned that that turtle had to sit on the back of a larger turtle...on the back of a larger turtle, etc. Brasil reminded me of that when he said that trusting a pope to be infallible through generations of them ('sitting' on the same concept). You and I both know that some popes were anything but 'holy' or infallible.
No church...yours or mine...is immune to infiltration of wicked men...or the temporary failure of some 'good' men.
We believe and teach what Matthew, Luke, John, Mark, Peter and Paul reported that Jesus said. Their reports have brought about wonderful results...and a LOVE for God and His Word.
Peace,
KayMarie
Amen Kay

I believe that Word has been spread by God's ,people through the
Leading of the HOLY Spirit for centuries,.
The,Gospels,the,inspired Word .

God used who He used . When He used them..for His,reasons
Knowing how fallible men can become ..He has preserved and let out
HIS,WORD into the,world ...by foot ..by word .by bible ..by tv ..by internet over he ocean with the settlers ..over the,Roman roads,with Paul..over airwaves ..over internet ...by folks,giving money to print bibles in different languages ..in big Churches ..in underground Churches ..in free lands ..ny missionaries in persecuted lands .

The Word ..Jesus,Chris r cannot be held captive nor silent .
THANK GOD

I believe He,wishes that none be ignorant ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 10 min Seentheotherside 457
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min Scaritual 87,943
Renzenberger : STEALING MILLIONS from their dri... (Feb '15) 39 min rocko 44
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 284,496
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr karl44 977,199
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Peace_Warrior 619,170
isibumbu esimnandi (Feb '15) 2 hr Allstylz 12
The Future of Politics in America 21 hr Insults Are Easier 176
More from around the web