Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
464,141 - 464,160 of 539,236 Comments Last updated 43 min ago

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#480878 Oct 7, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
This website has two main purposes. The first intention is for this website to be a place of support and refuge for Orthodox Christians who are gay – for us to tell our stories about being Orthodox and gay. The second aim is to offer an opportunity for constructive criticism and comments on the official and not so official stances of the Orthodox Church and Orthodox Christians on homosexuality.
There are two main guiding principles of this website:
One: The Orthodox Church is the Bride of Christ.
Two: Being gay is a gift of God, the Creator. Therefore expressing that gift in a healthy and mature relationship is also blessed by God.
http://www.orthodoxandgay.com/
A forum of Protestant and Orthodox churches in India has said homosexuality is “a natural or genetical reality”, adopting a radically different stand from other influential Christian denominations across the world.”
“The National Council of Churches in India (NCCI), which represents around 1.3 crore Christians in the country, also said the rest of the Christian world needed to “rethink’’ its stated position that homosexuality is a sin against God.”
http://queeringthechurch.com/2009/08/06/more-...
This is how they want to play LOLOL

Sharing Stories of how one can live as a gay Catholic.
Welcome to Gay Catholic Stories. Yes, a website that is all about sharing stories of how one has found their way to live as both being gay and being Catholic.

I do hope you take a moment to read through some stories on this website. My hope for this website is to provide a place for anyone that is gay and Catholic to share their story, find hope, and to feel a part of a community.
http://gaycatholic.info/

New Ways Ministry: Celebrating 35 Years Ministry to the LGBT Community http://www.newwaysministry.org/gfp.html

In 1997, our twentieth anniversary year was a banner year for the ministry. In March, we sponsored the Fourth National Symposium, entitled "The Church Teaching/Teaching the Church: A National Dialogue on Lesbian/Gay Issues and Catholicism." Over 650 Catholic leaders and pastoral ministers gathered in Pittsburgh for a weekend-long in-depth and extensive discussion of topics ranging from same-sex marriage, family relationships, civil rights, homophobia, heterosexism, pastoral care, and lesbian nuns.
http://www.newwaysministry.org/history.html

SO THIS IS WHAT WE ARE REDUCED TO??? CATH POST A NEGATIVE ORTHO SITE. WE POST A NEGATIVE CATH SITE. STUPID GAME.I DONT WANT TO PLAY.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#480879 Oct 7, 2013
who="DeAngelo of Memphis" Whoa!! That scrambled my brain a bit but I can follow U though. Good example but this is not the case according to what is written in scripture about these first few people. Seth was the third male born and Cain had a wife and child before Seth's birth. Hmmmm!!! I'm not trying to be a "heathen" or nothing. I just want to get a better understanding of what I'm told to follow that will give me some kind of peace when I pass this life.

----------
I hope this helps:

Gen 3:20 And Adam called his wife's name EVE; BECAUSE she was the MOTHER of ALL living.

Adam and Eve were the only created humans; all others were their descendants. This has to be, because, had there been other created men, they would not have been stained with sin...and would not have needed a savior.

The problem of incest did not exist in the beginning. It came along when pagan practices weakened the gene chain. The land of Nod, as other cities of that day, were populated by Adam's descendants. The Bible does not say where Cain got his wife...only that he knew her when in Nod.

John said that the world could not contain the books if all the words and deeds of Jesus were written down...and Jesus certainly had His part in Creation.(John 1:1-4 and Rev. 4:11)

Be blessed...
KayMarie
marge

Ames, IA

#480880 Oct 7, 2013
LTM wrote:
Public Praise
October 7, 2013 — by Joe Stowell
Subscribe on iTunes
Play MP3 (Mobile)
Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les LambornRead: Psalm 96
Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples.—Psalm 96:3
Bible in a Year:
Isaiah 28-29; Philippians 3I love the YouTube video of people in a food court of a mall, who in the midst of their ordinary lives were suddenly interrupted by someone who stood up and boldly began singing the “Hallelujah Chorus.” To the surprise of everyone, another person got up and joined the chorus, and then another, and another. Soon the food court was resounding with the celebrative harmonies of Handel’s masterpiece. A local opera company had planted their singers in strategic places so that they could joyfully interject the glory of God into the everyday lives of lunching shoppers.
Every time I watch that video, it moves me to tears. It reminds me that bringing the glory of God into the ordinary situations of our world through the beautiful harmonies of Christlikeness is exactly what we are called to do. Think of intentionally interjecting God’s grace into a situation where some undeserving soul needs a second chance; of sharing the love of Christ with someone who is needy; of being the hands of Jesus that lift up a weary friend; or of bringing peace to a confusing and chaotic situation.
As the psalmist reminds us, we have the high and holy privilege of declaring “His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples”(Ps. 96:3).
Thank You, Lord, for filling us with the capacity to takeYour glory “public” through the way we act and reacttoward others. Give us the grace to interject the surprisingbeauty of Your wonderful ways into each encounter.Surprise your world with the wonders of Christ shining through you!
Thanks for sharing Ltm I love that video, I searched utube video's but don't seem to have the key words to locate the video.
Can you post it please, nice to see you:)

Location hidden

#480881 Oct 7, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You are creepy. First of all you support the bigotry , I would call ignorant remarks rose makes. She knows what she is doing, she can't be that naive , she needs to realize posters who are Catholic might have more knowledge about the Church and her teachings, and know who is not Catholic or who has never been Catholic. Many fundies get on this forum and spout ignorance about the Catholic Church, how bad it is etc. Those posters never have been to a Mass or even stepped into the Church, ever.
----------

I agree. My wife is creepy. It works out great on Halloween though. I don't have to decorate the yard. She stands in the yard and I hold a flashlight on her. It terrifies the kids.

Location hidden

#480882 Oct 7, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, that is logical too especially when we see today how the mixing of DNA between blood relatives causes abnormal effects of the offspring. Some people believe that somehow humans were different back then. They were the same as we see us today. They coughed, pissed, got sick, had sex, digested food, sweated, etc. My point is that there DNA had to have acted the very same as we see today so mixing with blood relatives would have had some adverse results at that time also. Plus,,,, it was written in Genesis 1 that males and females were created..... before the mentioning of Adam which is in Genesis 2. So like I said, your conclusion seems logical also and that's where I come to my crossroad. Either Cain took his sister or there were already people outside of the garden that were created.
Did the male ancestors leave the seat up or put it down???
truth

Perth, Australia

#480883 Oct 7, 2013
satanic spirit is present every day every night to ruin..not help..
no

there is a no sorry
no

just back away from me

i can know as well where who

22 years its took evil so long again again again every day every night

is that crime
yes it is

is justice or law exist

nooooooooooooooooooo
corupt evil organizaton as they areeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

it is first day of creation
Creator left lucifer liked posses everything for ligion of them
but fall as they not going win nooooooooooooooooo

by
n

i don't need your sorry
not at all
truth

Perth, Australia

#480884 Oct 7, 2013
why accusers need 99% victims?

nobody respect that
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Location hidden

#480885 Oct 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>OK, I admit that I thought it was funny, especially the part about being from outer space.
LOL My bro

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#480886 Oct 7, 2013
who="DeAngelo of Memphis" Yes, that is logical too especially when we see today how the mixing of DNA between blood relatives causes abnormal effects of the offspring. Some people believe that somehow humans were different back then. They were the same as we see us today. They coughed, pissed, got sick, had sex, digested food, sweated, etc. My point is that there DNA had to have acted the very same as we see today so mixing with blood relatives would have had some adverse results at that time also. Plus,,,, it was written in Genesis 1 that males and females were created..... before the mentioning of Adam which is in Genesis 2. So like I said, your conclusion seems logical also and that's where I come to my crossroad. Either Cain took his sister or there were already people outside of the garden that were created.

----------
Our 'logic' is no match for God's Word. Gen. 1 speaks of the male and female that God created in the singular, not plural. Chapter 2 is a more detailed account of Chapter 1.

KayMarie
marge

Ames, IA

#480887 Oct 7, 2013
We have zero homosexuals in our church, you will be asked to leave, when they get serious and want to be a Christian, they are welcomed back.
truth

Perth, Australia

#480888 Oct 7, 2013
full force with car going into me when i bring child in school 8.30

killers suport killers evil police sta with that criminals to..yep

we know who they are..others looking too.

by

accusers

n
marge

Ames, IA

#480889 Oct 7, 2013
I saw that Video one time and would love to see it again.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#480890 Oct 7, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever made a mistake or are you perfect?
I don't remember mentioning any bishop ..I posted a,site,..says,Catholics ..

Did I say bishop in error ...if I apologize ..But I don't
Think so ..I don't know,OF any

Now,the,womsn says,one of telling Churces,on the,site IS,A,CATHOLUC
CHURCH..(I Saud the same) But of course all CATHOLUC Chur we,ate friendly .

My PREMISE,WAS,. GAY PEOPKE,GO TO CHURCH

SOME,ARE,CATHOLIC CHURCHES,.

I honestly have no idea,..what the bigotry is in stating a,fact

OR posting a,link on which some CATHOLIC CHURCHES, ARE,LISTED AS,BEING

GAY ( HOMOSEXUAL) FRIENDLY ...
ITS,NOT MY LINK.

I DID NOT WRITE,IT

They Obviuisly welcome people,if this,persuasion...

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#480891 Oct 7, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>----------
I have been following your posts. Based on these I have the following doubts:
I don't believe you were ever Catholic,a child, teen or adult,
a woman or man, I don't believe you were ever conscious or potty trained. I don't believe you were ever in any sort of womb. I do believe you are a bigot, but a bigot from outer space, not from earth.
HELLOO

HUMAN

http://www.bing.com/images/search...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#480892 Oct 7, 2013
<quoted text>LOL My bro
people like us don't just change horses in the middle of the stream.

we like someone, and support them.

you really did that in your post by the mockery of those who antagonize her for no reason

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#480893 Oct 7, 2013
<quoted text>----------
I agree. My wife is creepy. It works out great on Halloween though. I don't have to decorate the yard. She stands in the yard and I hold a flashlight on her. It terrifies the kids.
Lol

Well it's,one way to save money

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#480894 Oct 7, 2013
LTM wrote:
Public Praise
October 7, 2013 — by Joe Stowell
Subscribe on iTunes
Play MP3 (Mobile)
Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les LambornRead: Psalm 96
Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples.—Psalm 96:3
Bible in a Year:
Isaiah 28-29; Philippians 3I love the YouTube video of people in a food court of a mall, who in the midst of their ordinary lives were suddenly interrupted by someone who stood up and boldly began singing the “Hallelujah Chorus.” To the surprise of everyone, another person got up and joined the chorus, and then another, and another. Soon the food court was resounding with the celebrative harmonies of Handel’s masterpiece. A local opera company had planted their singers in strategic places so that they could joyfully interject the glory of God into the everyday lives of lunching shoppers.
Every time I watch that video, it moves me to tears. It reminds me that bringing the glory of God into the ordinary situations of our world through the beautiful harmonies of Christlikeness is exactly what we are called to do. Think of intentionally interjecting God’s grace into a situation where some undeserving soul needs a second chance; of sharing the love of Christ with someone who is needy; of being the hands of Jesus that lift up a weary friend; or of bringing peace to a confusing and chaotic situation.
As the psalmist reminds us, we have the high and holy privilege of declaring “His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples”(Ps. 96:3).
Thank You, Lord, for filling us with the capacity to takeYour glory “public” through the way we act and reacttoward others. Give us the grace to interject the surprisingbeauty of Your wonderful ways into each encounter.Surprise your world with the wonders of Christ shining through you!
That's,fantastic

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#480895 Oct 7, 2013
marge wrote:
We have zero homosexuals in our church, you will be asked to leave, when they get serious and want to be a Christian, they are welcomed back.
not surprising to those of us who read your posts.

I doubt if you and your husband would let John the Baptist in either, with his choice of clothes that he wore to their Revivals.

what now remains for you is this, you have lost any or all creditability that you might have had on this forum.

maybe you need to go back to driving a truck(you wont understand that phrase)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#480896 Oct 7, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You are creepy. First of all you support the bigotry , I would call ignorant remarks rose makes. She knows what she is doing, she can't be that naive , she needs to realize posters who are Catholic might have more knowledge about the Church and her teachings, and know who is not Catholic or who has never been Catholic. Many fundies get on this forum and spout ignorance about the Catholic Church, how bad it is etc. Those posters never have been to a Mass or even stepped into the Church, ever.
So that's your opinion and rose has hers.......call yourself creepy. You do the same thing when you put down her Faith...so suck it up....

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#480897 Oct 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember mentioning any bishop ..I posted a,site,..says,Catholics ..
Did I say bishop in error ...if I apologize ..But I don't
Think so ..I don't know,OF any
Now,the,womsn says,one of telling Churces,on the,site IS,A,CATHOLUC
CHURCH..(I Saud the same) But of course all CATHOLUC Chur we,ate friendly .
My PREMISE,WAS,. GAY PEOPKE,GO TO CHURCH
SOME,ARE,CATHOLIC CHURCHES,.
I honestly have no idea,..what the bigotry is in stating a,fact
OR posting a,link on which some CATHOLIC CHURCHES, ARE,LISTED AS,BEING
GAY ( HOMOSEXUAL) FRIENDLY ...
ITS,NOT MY LINK.
I DID NOT WRITE,IT
They Obviuisly welcome people,if this,persuasion...
Rose you don't need to explain yourself...they are looking for every little thing as to cause a fight. Forget about them...in this world they are not important. Whats important is your relationship with God...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min MUQ1 258,090
Do white girls like Hispanic guys? (Girls who a... (Jan '14) 14 min Anonymous 4
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min Rosa_Winkel 733,240
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 20 min yon 2,469
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min Seraphima 600,020
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 43 min MUQ1 36,760
Sharing my wife's nude pics to be exposed 44 min Jojo 29
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 50 min macumazahn 226,394
•••
Enter and win $5000