Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
464,061 - 464,080 of 538,612 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray forUS.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Rose wrote...
"BUT EVERY CATHOLIC HAD CATECHISM. AND MISSAL ..if hey had any instruction...not personal bible's .”
END QUOTE

OMG!! that looks like a Bible verse from a Sunday Mass Missal… oh no… but no we don’t read the Bible, according to YOU.

https://www.google.com/search...

Husker Du replied....
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>What is a Clow ard? You are wrong and misinformed. Did you know the missel includes the reading of the bible? You would know they did if you ever looked at one.
Hey Husker Du,

Its comments like the above that makes me think she didn't learn much as a Catholic.
She would know that the Missal has all the Bible readings for that particular day.
Oh, and know what, my mom has a Missal from the fifties one side has Latin the other side English of all the readings.

You know it, I know it because we are True Catholics!
:)

God bless, Star
<><
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
AND YOU know this because you are Catholic and go to all the Masses and meetings??
I'm a Eucharist Minister, my neighbor is a lector. We DO NOT WANT TO BE Priests.
Jesus appointed 12 men, HE makes the rules. Not you.
That's the way it is and will always be.
Michael, you're back, is the honeymoon over with June? LOL
You said, quote, "I'm a Eucharist Minister, my neighbor is a lector." End quote.

You actually admit to being a cracker minister and your neighbor reads Scripture from the pulpit to the other cracker worshipers. Interesting.

Where can I find the definition for a "Eucharist Minister" in the word of God? Or is your position more made up doctrine of the Roman Catholic's?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
AND YOU know this because you are Catholic and go to all the Masses and meetings??
I'm a Eucharist Minister, my neighbor is a lector. We DO NOT WANT TO BE Priests.
Star C says.........

Michael says.....Thats just you! Growing numbers of OTHER roman catholics have a different opinion... Recent surveys indicate a fast growing number of roman catholics believe woman should be allowed to become clergy. MOST roman catholics polled by Pew Research Centre indicate Celebacy should be optional for current priests.

Do you honestly believe God would descriminate against women? If the 12 apostles all had beards and long hair should all priests have beards and long hair because the 12 apostles did?(lol)

Times are changing in the western world. Catholicism is growing quickly in poor uneducated continents such as Africa/Asia and parts of South America as western world catholicism dwindles.

http://romancatholicwomenpriests.org/ordained...

http://istandwiththesisters.org/

The very first roman catholic priest UNION (association) in america. The nearly 1,000 priests and growing want more say in their diocese and not be leashed by their bishops, and they support the nuns in america that the vatican leaders are trying to silence.

www.uscatholicpriests.org http://romancatholicwomenpries ts.org/ordained.htm

The catholic church today is fractured. Millions of divorced catholics have partners that the church says is adultery. Most roman catholics have used or use forms of birth control the church says is sinful. The bishops in america claim that only about 1 in 4 roman catholics today in america attend mandatory sunday mass.

Does that sound like a church with everyone following the rules?

I think not.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see, your friend is part of the Magisterium. I didn't know that. Silly me, I thought the Church taught that God created the heavens and the earth and all that they contain. But according to you the Church teaches what your friend says it does. Well, for goodness' sake, who knew???
Ooops, wait a minute. I see right in the very article that Your Friend passed on, and which contains an Imprimatur!, that....all creation must be ascribed to God.
Well, of course it must, as that is stated in Genesis and what the Church teaches. Not what our friends tell us she teaches.
sarcasm. Fine .

I'm showing you what was,said to be your teaching ...ONCLUDING WE MAY BE DECENDED FROM OTHER BIOLOGICAL FORMS,OF BEINGS .

FROM what I read today ..John Paul seemed nit to believe this

Just saying ..You sway with the winds of change ..

I believe my friend in eat us taught ..I believe John Paul did nit seem convinced about evolution

I did,NOT SAY GOD DID NOT CREATE,OUR IMAGINARY ancestors .

Try to follow the,POINT of the discussion ..please,

NOT directed to you by the way

I believe God created ADAM AND EVE.AS,IT SAYS,IN SCRIPTURE ....not waiting for them to evolve from anything ....AS YOUR CHURCH evidently
..more,tradition that trumps scripture ....

You guys,seem to worship whatever your Church tells you ..believe whatever changes they make ...convoluted as their explanations are .

Limbo..oh no now no LIMBO ..the poor babies released ???On the words of the CHURCH .. like God waited for the RCC to take them to heaven . Till.the POPE decided

Sigh

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
No! God knows far more than any of us ever could - perhaps he's not as hung up on human sexuality than we are.
I dont know where you are getting your idea from but it sure aint from God.

GOD HATES SIN, THEREFORE HE ISNT GOING TO MAKE A SINFUL PERSON LIKE A HOMOSEXUAL
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Star C says.........
Michael says.....Thats just you! Growing numbers of OTHER roman catholics have a different opinion... Recent surveys indicate a fast growing number of roman catholics believe woman should be allowed to become clergy. MOST roman catholics polled by Pew Research Centre indicate Celebacy should be optional for current priests.
Do you honestly believe God would descriminate against women? If the 12 apostles all had beards and long hair should all priests have beards and long hair because the 12 apostles did?(lol)
Times are changing in the western world. Catholicism is growing quickly in poor uneducated continents such as Africa/Asia and parts of South America as western world catholicism dwindles.
http://romancatholicwomenpriests.org/ordained...
http://istandwiththesisters.org/
The very first roman catholic priest UNION (association) in america. The nearly 1,000 priests and growing want more say in their diocese and not be leashed by their bishops, and they support the nuns in america that the vatican leaders are trying to silence.
www.uscatholicpriests.org http://romancatholicwomenpries ts.org/ordained.htm
The catholic church today is fractured. Millions of divorced catholics have partners that the church says is adultery. Most roman catholics have used or use forms of birth control the church says is sinful. The bishops in america claim that only about 1 in 4 roman catholics today in america attend mandatory sunday mass.
Does that sound like a church with everyone following the rules?
I think not.
The Bible has the answer. Here it is..........

http://www.compellingtruth.org/women-pastors....

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
His post was in reply to mine...
Are you saying that I am a cathaholic?
Just who was it that "assured" you that I was taught anything by some "church" or "religious school"?
Statements such as this is causing me to wonder about your sanity or honesty...not necessarily in that order.
If I posted to you in error ..sorry ..I KNOW,your not Catholics

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Does a Eucharist Minister have to go to confession before handing out the communion to the people? Also,what does someone have to do to become a Eucharist Minister? I understand that women are allowed to be Eusharist Ministers. What sort of studies and how long does it take to become one.. Thank you
We do go to confession.[I go often after been on this forum] Lord have Mercy. We have classes, dear husband and me have been serving for 12 years. We have over 200 Eucharist Minister, we have a schedule that alternates Sundays and Saturday Masses.
We both went to RCIA [Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults] just to renew our teachings, and it took a regular school year.
A side from my other ministries I plan on helping out in that class, its for converts and other Catholics that need Sacraments.

Thanks for asking.
I must run now, on my way to Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, it takes place first Monday of every month in our Church.

ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to have you back KayMarie after your (extended) illness! Hope your doing well in your recovery, as I know that your faith in Jesus Christ is keeping you "uplifted every day"!!
The official teaching of the Catholic Church is the belief in "Sola Verbum Dei" (the Word of God alone) This Word comes from Christ and the Apostles through "both" the written and the oral (unwritten) tradition (2 Thess 2:15) which has been entrusted to the Church that Jesus builds upon the rock of Peter (Matt 16:18,19 and I Tim 3:15 which is the ineffable wisdom of God that is made known through His Church (Eph. 3:9-10.....Continual healing to you KayMarie and Gods Blessing to you and your family!!!
Very nice, Hojo. This has been explained to Kay many, many times by myself and others. We've also given her links to read, but she refuses to look at them. Now she says she doesn't know what the Church teaches on this matter. I wonder how that could be? Really, what can one say after this all too common occurrence on this board?
Take care!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Will try to be back later to answer Michael.
Maybe not, Dodger game tonight.

Go Dodger Blue!!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
[
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/adam-eve-and-e...
]
From your link.
Pay ATTENTION Rose....
"Real History
The argument is that all of this is real history, it is simply ordered topically rather than chronologically, and the ancient audience of Genesis, it is argued, would have understood it as such.
Even if Genesis 1 records God’s work in a topical fashion, it still records God’s work—things God really did.
The Catechism explains that "Scripture presents the work of the
Creator symbolically as a succession of six days of divine ‘work,’
concluded by the ‘rest’ of the seventh day" (CCC 337), but
"nothing exists
that does not owe
its existence
to God the
Creator.
The world
began when God’s
word drew it out of
nothingness;
all existent beings,
all of nature,
and all human history is rooted in this primordial event,
the very genesis by which the world was constituted and time begun" (CCC 338).
It is impossible to dismiss the events of Genesis 1 as a mere legend. They are accounts of real history, even if they are told in a style of historical writing that Westerners do not typically use."
Colossian 1:16, "For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him."

Who is the "him" mentioned in this verse?

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ACCUSE THE CHURCH OF "ALLOWING IT", that's an insult..
Is it the pot calling the kettle black??[pretty much like Gif]
Why don’t you call your fellow protestants on the insults? Hmmm????
See below
<quoted text>
Unlike you, I have a life and can’t be on here 24/7.
Oh, and today I can only stay until 2pm, I’ve got things to do and places to see.
Just an FYI.[lol]
It five here,..

No you brought up an argument from days before ...then said have a great weekend

And sorry they did allow it by transferring the priests to other parishes ..instead of putting hem in monasteries .

HOWEVER. your REPOSTING about Protestants.

Point is ALL ARE,WRONG ..SHOULD ALL BE IN JAIL ...And I commended Graham,grandson .

If I steal. A,pair of earrings,, And,John steals,a necklace worth mire money ..DOES THAT CANCEL MY CRIME

foolish argument

And seeming to think that Protestant children are hurt like CATHOLUC children had been for decades,is,a good thing ... is unseemly ...IMO

Have a great evening ..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

old fashioned gospel.

the bailes brothers and THERE'S A DIFFERENCE IN RELIGION AND SALVATION

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Find out...read them!!!!!
I already have...that's why I suggested you try it.
BTW ...all those extra punctuation marks only show that you can't express yourself properly within your own language.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If I posted to you in error ..sorry ..I KNOW,your not Catholics
Ok Ro.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
question...
DO YOU KNOW JESUS CHRIST AS YOU LORD AND SAVIOR ?...
HAVE YOU ACCEPTED HIM AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR PERSONALLY?..
IS YOUR HEART RIGHT WITH GOD?
WHEN YOU PERSONALLY STAND IN JUDGMENT...
Rom 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
WHAT WILL YOUR ANSWER BE?
HOW WILL YOU HAVE THE RIGHT ANSWERS THEN...
IF YOU HAVE NOT FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTION/COMMANDMENTS
...GIVEN BY OUR LORD...NOW...
2Co_6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time;
behold,
now is the day of salvation.)
Heb_12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth,
much more shall not we escape,
if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:
THERE IS NO SECOND CHANCE...
NO MYTHICAL PLACE CALLED PURGATORY...
Heb_9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
This post sounds more like - based upon your post - you find "Paul" as your saviour.

Why don't you ever post what Jesus speaks of - as compared to "Paul".

Becasue you can't or don't have anything that would allow you to.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no it isn't, Kay. Not one Catholic here is of the "opinion" that Tradition trumps Scripture. Not sure why you want to mislead folks by saying something like that.
If you'd like, we can talk about the anti-biblical, anti-Christian doctrine of sola scriptura another time.
Finally, a Catholic response that we can use.

Where does "God" specifically state which texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not?

How honest are you Regina?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why don't you believe in all of what Jesus taught, if "he makes the rules"?

You are such a hypocrite Star.

Is it that difficult for you to be honest with others?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>What a hate filled thing to say. You really don't understand and this is why I doubt you have ever been Catholic, sorry rosie ole girl, but you just proved my point. You are only on this thread to upset others who are Catholic, nothing more. You are a friendless old lady who has nothing better to do . You *born again* no, not yet, but soon in the future. You adore Blessed Pope John Paul II, he is praying for your soul,and several others are too, because he and others knows how mean you can get.
Praying to Mary???? LOL LOL LOL

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Not directed at me, but here is my 2 cents.
FYI, its the protestant churches that are blessing same sex marriages, this is why we are getting so many converts.
The Anglicans have converted for this reason. The Episcopalians’ Bishop is openly gay and living with his partner, after divorcing his wife. They bless same sex marriages.
WE DO NOT.
The church you mention on above must NOT be Catholic under the direction of our Pope. It is a
sin to live together outside of marriage. We allow
all sinners that want to follow JESUS' teachings
only.
“BISHOP Gene Robinson, He and his husband, Mark, will be leaving the state where Robinson has lived and worked since 1975 for Washington, D.C. There, Robinson will be working with the Center for American Progress, a progressive research and policy organization, on issues of faith and gay rights.”
http://www.npr.org/2013/01/14/169066917/retir...
https://www.google.com/#q=anglican+church+tha...
Maybe you should read more of what Pope Francis is speakign about....

Yeah - he is talking about people like you here.....

"“Leaders of the Church have often been Narcissus, flattered and sickeningly excited by their courtiers. The court is the leprosy of the papacy,” he said."

"“It is Vatican-centric,” he said.“It sees and looks after the interests of the Vatican, which are still, for the most part, temporal interests. This Vatican-centric view neglects the world around us. I do not share this view and I'll do everything I can to change it.”"
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/01...

You fit well in the "Old School" of Catholicism.....because you love to hate others - your post solidifies that aspect of your life with this:
"They bless same sex marriages.
WE DO NOT."

Take your hatred elsewhere.

Live in love and honesty - you'll be a better person for it.

Better yet - maybe you should begin to understand the progression of the Pope - and help him make this change occur.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Dave Nelson 226,164
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min WasteWater 94,611
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Stilgar Fifrawi 732,533
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 9 min WasteWater 4,312
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min Dr_Zorderz 257,764
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min NEWS-FLASH 173,258
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 29 min Falcon 722
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Epiphany2 599,750
•••
Enter and win $5000