Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,935
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#480649 Oct 6, 2013

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#480650 Oct 6, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>===
I forgot about you. You're the guy that said a Christian never dies. I guess you are the go to guy to me for theological info. Thanks a lot.
Oh I didn't say a Christian never dies. GOD SAID IT in..........JOHN 8:51

Now if you have a problem with that then submit it to prayer. God said it, I believe it and that settles it.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#480651 Oct 6, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>If Adam and Eve was Cain's parents, then all of their offspring would be Cain's brothers and sisters, right?! Right?!? U said that Cain's wife was a descendent of Adam and Eve. WHAT ELSE WOULD THAT MEAN?!?!? DUH!!! SHE HAS TO BE HIS SISTER!!! So no one is a liar. U said this!! And U know what, it seems logical based on the snippets in scripture given to us about the beginning concerning geneology. The answer to the question about Cain's wife could be only 2 things; either there were already people created on Earth outside of the garden or Cain and his family practiced incest in order to populate the land. It's one or the other!
Cains wife was not a descendant of Adam and Eve.

There were people on earth before God formed Adam and placed him into the garden.

One has to kinda wink at the ignorance of most Christians concerning what actually happened in the beginning of this age of flesh. Only one race came from Adam and Eve. The rest of the people were created before Adam and Eve WERE FORMED.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#480652 Oct 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
This is against my better judgment..
There is no doubt, starting with Adam/Eve, in the beginning, there had to be brother/sister relations...but...
Lets assume Adam and Eve had Tom, Dick, Harry, George, and Bubba..
Lets further assume that they had Mary, Jane, Kitty, Mitty, and Grace.
Lets assume that Tom took a wife. Does that mean it had to be one of his sisters???? No way Jose....
Dick could have take to wife Mary, and they gave birth to Jenny..
Jenny took Harry as her husband and they had Jojo..
Tom took Jojo as his wife....which was not his sister!!!!! She was kin to him....but not his sister...
Utter crap. When God drove Cain out from among his people,Cain was afraid of people that he said would slay him when they met him. Obviously there were people already living if Cain were afraid of what they would do to them.

You Christians are an embarrassment and totally incapable when it comes to RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORF OF TRUTH.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#480653 Oct 6, 2013
Rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is given to man once to die ...that's the body ...an inheritance from Adam
His,Spirit is eternal
You are quoting scriptures that you totally misunderstand.

Or could be be saying that it is a contradiction in the scriptures when God stated that if you keep His word you will never die as stated in John 8:51?

Christians, since Christ conquered death DON'T DIE. When this experience in the flesh is over, they don't die, they merely transition into those spiritual bodies which happenes IN A MOMENT, IN THE TWINKLING OF AN EYE. This occurs immediately in the very second that the flesh gives up this life. Christians DON'T DIE. They transition immediately into that spiritual body and continue living. And the only reason they go through the transition from flesh body into spiritual body is because FLESH AND BLOOD CANNOT ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD or in to that dimension where God dwells.

When scripture stated that God is A God of the living and not a God of the dead, just what does that mean to you?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#480654 Oct 6, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Do you "CHRISTIANS" know the difference between ASTRONOMY and ASTROLOGY? The word of God teaches us about astronomy. Astronomy is of God but ASTROLOGY is of the Devil.
In the King James Companion Bible there is a very interesting appendix on ASTRONOMY that every Christian needs to study.
I strongly advise that you check out APPENDIX 12 of the KJV COMPANION BIBLE. It will be very enlightening to those of you (which is most of you) that are ignorant about Gods word and ASTRONOMY.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#480655 Oct 6, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I didn't say a Christian never dies. GOD SAID IT in..........JOHN 8:51
Now if you have a problem with that then submit it to prayer. God said it, I believe it and that settles it.
I think Jim Jones left you in Guyana somewhere

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#480656 Oct 6, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Utter crap. When God drove Cain out from among his people,Cain was afraid of people that he said would slay him when they met him. Obviously there were people already living if Cain were afraid of what they would do to them.
You Christians are an embarrassment and totally incapable when it comes to RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORF OF TRUTH.
You are an embarrassment to Christians. Don't forget to use your dental floss....pubic hair caught in your teeth will not be an asset to your image!!!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#480657 Oct 6, 2013
Rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is given to man once to die ...that's the body ...an inheritance from Adam
His,Spirit is eternal
Whose spirit is eternal? Are you saying man's spirit is eternal? Only God is ETERNAL. Eternal means that you have no beginning nor ending. And as far as I know only one entity fits this description, and that's GOD. Man can attain EVERLASTING LIFE if God gives it to him but man can never be eternal because man has a beginning. Now I'm sure this will confuse you just as much as the other topics we discuss.
But you keep studying. You will understand it better by and by.

Location hidden

#480658 Oct 6, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Whose spirit is eternal? Are you saying man's spirit is eternal? Only God is ETERNAL. Eternal means that you have no beginning nor ending. And as far as I know only one entity fits this description, and that's GOD. Man can attain EVERLASTING LIFE if God gives it to him but man can never be eternal because man has a beginning. Now I'm sure this will confuse you just as much as the other topics we discuss.
But you keep studying. You will understand it better by and by.
The fumes are getting to you...come up for air!!

eternal: perpetual (also used of past time, or past and future as well):--eternal, for ever, everlasting, world (began).

I will live forever....everlasting....in Heaven...

Stick to what you do best...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#480659 Oct 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
eternal: perpetual (also used of past time, or past and future as well):--eternal, for ever, everlasting, world (began).
Sorry my friend but in our congregation we don't allow Websters nor Wikipedia etc to define for us what ETERNAL means. Unlike the congregation in which you attend,the Holy Spirit leads our congregation therefore we don't settle for the definitions given by Websters and Wikipedia etc. We require a Spirit revealed definition therefore what is taught in our congregation will be on a much deeper level that what is given in your congregation.

Be well and be blessed.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#480660 Oct 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
May I advise that you read in the KJV....... 1st Timothy 6:16.

Many of you guys, in your understanding are in rebellion in your beliefs to the word of God.

Scripture tells us in that verse that the Lord alone possesses immortality. Now your agreement with that verse is not desired nor required. Kay?
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#480661 Oct 7, 2013
Why the RCC is FALSE and not the one true yadda she worships MARY.

I don't say so Vantican I says so.

From Vatican Collection Volume 1, Vatican Council II, The Conciliar and Post Conciliar documents. General Editor Austin Flannery, O.P. New revised edition 1992; Costello Publishing Company, Northport, New York. 1992 pages 420-421 (par. 65)
65. But while in the most Blessed Virgin the church has already reached that perfection whereby she exists without spot or wrinkle (cf. Eph. 5:27), the faithful still strive to conquer sin and increase in holiness. And so they turn their eyes to Mary who shines forth to the whole community of the elect as the model of virtues. Devoutly meditating on her and contemplating her in the light of the Word made man, the Church reverently penetrates more deeply into the great mystery of the Incarnation and becomes more and more like her spouse. Having entered deeply into the history of salvation, Mary, in a way, unites in her person and re-echoes the most important doctrines of the Faith: and when she is the subject of preaching and worship she prompts the faithful to come to her son, to his sacrifice and to the love of the Father. Seeking after the glory of Christ, the Church becomes more like her lofty type, and continually progresses in faith, hope and charity, seeking and doing the will of God in all things. The Church, therefore, in her apostolic work too, rightly looks to her who gave birth to Christ, who was thus conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin, in order that through the church he could be born and increase in the hearts of the faithful. In her life the Virgin has been a model of that motherly love with which all who joined in the church's apostolic mission for the regeneration of mankind should be animated.

excerpt of the conclusion of the Rosary prayed by millions is:“Hail, holy Queen [of heaven], Mother of Mercy! Our life, our sweetness, and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping, in this valley of tears.” To Mary they pray. The most well-known portion of the Rosary and most recited Catholic prayer, repeated millions of times is Catholics praying to Mary and asking in prayer for her to “pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.”

If this is not praying to Mary then one is not praying to the Father either in the Rosary.

cont....

Location hidden

#480662 Oct 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry my friend but in our congregation we don't allow Websters nor Wikipedia etc to define for us what ETERNAL means. Unlike the congregation in which you attend,the Holy Spirit leads our congregation therefore we don't settle for the definitions given by Websters and Wikipedia etc. We require a Spirit revealed definition therefore what is taught in our congregation will be on a much deeper level that what is given in your congregation.
Be well and be blessed.
The definition I gave you is the definition of the Greek word for eternal...

It has nothing to do with Webster nor Wikipedia..

You, by far, are the most ignorant person I have ever responded to...It has to be those fumes!!!!!
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#480663 Oct 7, 2013
Despite the rejections of saying they are praying to Mary or saints the Catholic Church does encourage praying to Mary as these excerpts from the Catechism of the Catholic Church prove:“Beginning with Mans unique cooperation with the working of the Holy- Spirit, the Churches developed their prayer to the holy Mother of God”(Catechism 2675) They do this claiming they are centering it “on the person of Christ manifested in his mysteries.”

'This twofold movement of prayer to Mary has found a privileged expression in the Ave Maria”(Catechism 2676)

“Mary is the perfect Orans prayer, a figure of the Church. When we pray to her, we are adhering with her to the plan of the Father”(Catechism 2679)

They can pray to her because their church says “Mary sitteth at the right hand of her Son ...”

“Taken up to heaven she did not lay aside this saving office but by her manifold intercession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation. By her maternal charity, she cares for the brethren of her Son, who still journey on earth surrounded by dangers and difficulties, until they are led into their blessed home. Therefore the Blessed Virgin is invoked in the Church under the titles of Advocate, Helper, Benefactress, and Mediatrix.”

Pope John Paul II dedicated his general audience to the Virgin Mary urging all Christians to accept Mary as their mother. Using the words spoken by Jesus on the cross to Mary and to John--“Woman, behold thy son!” and “Behold thy mother!”(John 19:26,27), and he claimed that in this statement “IT IS POSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND THE AUTHENTIC MEANING OF MARIAN WORSHIP in the ecclesial community”(Vatican Information Service, May 7, 1997).

Even the Pope prays to Mary “Mary of the New Advent, we implore your protection on the preparations that will now begin for the next meeting [World Youth Day]. Mary, full of grace, we entrust the next World Youth Day to you. Mary, assumed into heaven, we entrust the young people of the world ... the whole world to YOU”(August 1993, Denver, Colorado, Pope John Paul II).

Pope Pius IX in 1854 “Let all the children of the Catholic Church ... Proceed to worship, invoke, and pray to the most blessed Virgin Mary, mother of God.”

When RC's say they are not Idolaters they are lying or are ignorant of the facts, THE TRUTH

Location hidden

#480664 Oct 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>May I advise that you read in the KJV....... 1st Timothy 6:16.
Many of you guys, in your understanding are in rebellion in your beliefs to the word of God.
Scripture tells us in that verse that the Lord alone possesses immortality. Now your agreement with that verse is not desired nor required. Kay?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#480665 Oct 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I plan to stick to what I do best and what I do best is try to educate you in Gods word which is proving to be a most difficult task. It always is when God has blinded someones eyes (yours) to the deeper truths of His word.

I fear that only in Christ's milnnial kingdom here on earth will you finally be able to come to a full knowledge of the truth. But don't sweat that be many peoples ignorance to Gods word will prove to be their salvation.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#480666 Oct 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone that finally overcomes will live forever in the Kingdom of God here on earth but they are NOT ETERNAL. Eternal means that you have no beginning nor ending and ONLY GOD fits that description. Or are you,LIKE SATAN, claiming that you will be like the MOST HIGH?

And FYI, there are deeper revelations of words that only the Holy Spirit can give than what and how man can define them.......EVEN FROM THE GREEK or the Hebrew etc. KAY?

Let the Holy Spirit lead you and learn not to lean unto your own understanding.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#480667 Oct 7, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone that finally overcomes will live forever in the Kingdom of God here on earth but they are NOT ETERNAL. Eternal means that you have no beginning nor ending and ONLY GOD fits that description. Or are you,LIKE SATAN, claiming that you will be like the MOST HIGH?
And FYI, there are deeper revelations of words that only the Holy Spirit can give than what and how man can define them.......EVEN FROM THE GREEK or the Hebrew etc. KAY?
Let the Holy Spirit lead you and learn not to lean unto your own understanding.
And by the way are you Christians aware that Heaven will be right here on earth? The Lord God Himself, when all is finished is coming right here to good old terra firma earth to reside FOREVER. Scripture tells us that Mt. Zion is His most favorite place in all the universe. Ya heard me?
truth

Perth, Australia

#480668 Oct 7, 2013
you not have me..
no
heaven
nevaeh

dear God
Please tell me where is that cylinder?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Anon 794,949
Husbands who constantly blame their wives....R ... 15 min Doctor REALITY 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 18 min lil whispers 607,168
Homosexuals are servants and human children of ... 23 min Doctor REALITY 7
Will Satan, demons, and unbelievers be in hell.... 28 min Doctor REALITY 4
Will God show sympathy towards homosexuals on J... 37 min Doctor REALITY 3
Scientific proof for God's existence 50 min ChristINSANITY is... 542
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 267,396
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 hr AN NFL FAN 120,694
More from around the web