Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687276 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#480921 Oct 7, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>see rose,now you got me in trouble too lol....just put on a pot of coffee. come on over we'll cry together..lol
Be right over ..keep it warm.

Sorry ..this,is,one of the,least sensual arguments,on here .

It's a website ..maybe it's,lying .

Maybe the churches,give tests,at the,door.

Then turn people away .

I went to ,CATHOLIC CHURCH ..no one carded me ..it was,Good Friday
Stations,

I like worshipping on Good,Friday .

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#480922 Oct 7, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, love the family pictures!Was that this summers vacation at the beach..Your husband is a keeper you lucky dog you..LOLOL
The big advantage for us is,..no haircuts,..:)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#480923 Oct 7, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
These days they just quarrel they were born that way, it's a big difference in our churches, we don't believe they were born that way and you do.
They are far from 'gay', don't you see?
wrong...how do you know what I believe when I never spoke of it....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#480924 Oct 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We as Catholic Christians believe that the "anchor for our faith" comes from Jesus Christ, and HIS WORD (both oral and written) in and through His One True Catholic Church........ As Paul, in his letter to Timothy (I Tim 3:15) The CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.....Yet-- there can be "only" one TRUTH (regarding Faith and Morals) not thousand upon thousands of other "personal opinionated" truths that are in conflict, contradiction and even disagree with each other on basic Christian doctrine!...... We also, see that "relative truths" are running rampid today in areas of abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, embroyonic stem cell research, etc...... Yes, KayMarie, I agree with you that, we as Christians, are to seek, and to be led by the Holy Spirit (the helper) to assist us in discerning TRUTH and (especially) to pray for "patience" in dealing with those who (purposely) ridicule, condemn and attack our Catholic Christian faith because of their vindictiveness and hostility toward Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church.......As a former bible only Protestant, I sincerely view us ALL as brothers and sisters in Christ as the "unifying body of believers"..... However others, who spitefully and abnoxiously attack our Catholic Faith, "don't agree" and continue to "rip" the faith of other Christians (especially Catholics) claiming that somehow, they have this "monopoly on virtue" because they "hold a bible in their hands" and have appointed themselves to "relieve God of HIS ultimate responsibility" as to (who is a Christian and who is not)--(who is saved and who is not)--(who is going to heaven and who is not). There is "much common ground" among the Christian faithful, if we look for it! Lets begin and end, with the "fruits of the Spirit" (starting with patience and respect) and Our Lord will direct us through our differences. As Jesus told his disciples, if you "take up the sword, you will die by the sword"!!!! God's Blessing!!!
And HOJO
Since I came on here I have been trying to say we have our Saviuir in common ..

I think God used BOTH CATHOLIC and NON Catholics Christian to Spread the,WORD OF God ..HIS,SON
a different times ..in different venues .

The,COMMAND ,is,called the,GREAT COMMISSION

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#480925 Oct 7, 2013
going to bed soon, remember my oldest daughter, she is not feeling very well and was admitted to the hospital yesterday.

that is why I said I was having church at home last night. in between songs, I prayed until I felt that God heard me and my spirit was lifted up.

She is Saved and so is her companion, and we praise God for His Blessing on them.

and not all was bad yesterday, My youngest daughter got engaged on her Birthday, and came by today to show me her ring and to tell me that she wanted to be married in the church around the corner.

Cathie and I pray for her to get Saved. God has Blessed her with so much musical talent and she has wasted it. she took piano lessons when she was only 8 and after a few weeks, the teacher told us that she was very advanced and he didn't think he could help her out very much. then a few years later in the fifth grade, she wanted to play the flute, and three years later, she was playing in the Varsity band and we were taking her to Capital Univ. for advanced lessons.

I am so proud of her, but we would trade all of that for her receiving Salvation from the Lord.

you see, we need her to play the piano in our local church and bless everyone with that God Given talent

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#480926 Oct 7, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We as Catholic Christians believe that the "anchor for our faith" comes from Jesus Christ, and HIS WORD (both oral and written) in and through His One True Catholic Church........ As Paul, in his letter to Timothy (I Tim 3:15) The CHURCH (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.....Yet-- there can be "only" one TRUTH (regarding Faith and Morals) not thousand upon thousands of other "personal opinionated" truths that are in conflict, contradiction and even disagree with each other on basic Christian doctrine!...... We also, see that "relative truths" are running rampid today in areas of abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, embroyonic stem cell research, etc...... Yes, KayMarie, I agree with you that, we as Christians, are to seek, and to be led by the Holy Spirit (the helper) to assist us in discerning TRUTH and (especially) to pray for "patience" in dealing with those who (purposely) ridicule, condemn and attack our Catholic Christian faith because of their vindictiveness and hostility toward Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church.......As a former bible only Protestant, I sincerely view us ALL as brothers and sisters in Christ as the "unifying body of believers"..... However others, who spitefully and abnoxiously attack our Catholic Faith, "don't agree" and continue to "rip" the faith of other Christians (especially Catholics) claiming that somehow, they have this "monopoly on virtue" because they "hold a bible in their hands" and have appointed themselves to "relieve God of HIS ultimate responsibility" as to (who is a Christian and who is not)--(who is saved and who is not)--(who is going to heaven and who is not). There is "much common ground" among the Christian faithful, if we look for it! Lets begin and end, with the "fruits of the Spirit" (starting with patience and respect) and Our Lord will direct us through our differences. As Jesus told his disciples, if you "take up the sword, you will die by the sword"!!!! God's Blessing!!!
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it

This is Christ talking about your brother????

Location hidden

#480927 Oct 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The big advantage for us is,..no haircuts,..:)
lol now that's funny...gotta get nickie a hair cut. He is beginning to look like he did in his college days...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#480928 Oct 7, 2013
That is another difference in our churches, we demand one repents of their sins and has been forgiven by (God alone through Jesus), before they can become members of the 'church'.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#480929 Oct 7, 2013
marge wrote:
We have zero homosexuals in our church, you will be asked to leave, when they get serious and want to be a Christian, they are welcomed back.
Marge

I said that also ...That there,are,churches,that do NOT welcome them .

Some do ..I honestly don't see how,dating a,fact is,bigoted .

This,area,has both welcoming and NON welcoming Churches

Maybe that's,why they made a Website ..to avoid strife ..

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#480930 Oct 7, 2013
Paul was preaching to Jews...not Catholics.when he spoke of traditions in both Thessaloinan epistles.....hence the definition of "tradition"..Quote: tradition: paradosis: transmission, i.e.(concretely) a precept; specially, the Jewish traditionary law:--ordinance, tradition.

But....this is either ignored by catlicks.....denied by catlicks...or not known by catlicks!!!!!

Introduction to the Book of 1 Thessalonians
The Testimony and Success of a Faithful Congregation
The Mission of the Local Church

1 Thessalonians 1:1-20

by Cooper Abrams

Introduction: 1 Thessalonians is Paul's earliest Epistles (letters) written around 51-52 AD. Paul was probably in Corinth a short time after he left Thessalonica.

1. The church at Thessalonica was founded by Paul on his 2nd missionary journey in which the Gospel was taken to Macedonia which was eastern Europe. This was a sea side Roman city, with a good harbor which made it an important trade center. After beginning the new church in Philippi, Paul went to Thessalonica and the New Testament tells us he was only there three weeks or three Jewish Sabbath days.

a. In Acts 17:1-16 Paul and Silas stopped there on his way after leaving Philippi, Berea. It was on the east coast of Macedonia between Berea and Athens. Silas was the Jew from Jerusalem who had been sent to Antioch after the Paul and Barabus went there to resolve the issue of Gentile believers eating meat from the local pagan run meat markets and eating meat with blood still in it. He was led of the Lord to be Paul's helper and traveled with him.

b. Paul, as was his practice, went to the Jewish synagogue and there he reasoned with the Jews from the Scriptures the Old Testament scriptures. In other words, Paul preached Jesus the Messiah from the Old Testament.

c. Some of the Jews believed but others, moved by jealousy opposed Paul and the Gospel. These who opposed him were Jews, self-righteous Pharisees. Although the Old Testament clearly showed Jesus to be the Christ the Messiah, they rejected Him the same as the Jewish religious leaders in Jerusalem.

-These unbelieving Jews were not satisfied just to reject the Gospel, they also wanted to destroy Paul who preached it. Some of the most dangerous people in the world are religious zealots. The Jews gathered a mob of men of dubious character, called "lewd men of a baser sort" (Acts 17:5), to destroy Paul. These were evil and vulgar men, whom the Jewish leaders had stirred up and bribed.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#480931 Oct 7, 2013
And they should do the above before getting water baptized or partaking in communion.

There is a order of things.

Location hidden

#480932 Oct 7, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I know the feeling. I live with the man LOL
Geesh!!!!!

what is it with you 3 women?

I saw it the first time.

Location hidden

#480933 Oct 7, 2013
marge wrote:
That is another difference in our churches, we demand one repents of their sins and has been forgiven by (God alone through Jesus), before they can become members of the 'church'.
And your church is not alone....

Location hidden

#480934 Oct 7, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>wrong...how do you know what I believe when I never spoke of it....
I wanted to say that to her also.

she seems to think that she has the discernment of every persons heart on this forum

Location hidden

#480935 Oct 7, 2013
...long day tomorrow with nickie....God Bless

Location hidden

#480936 Oct 7, 2013
marge wrote:
In the usual Christian Church, the ONLY requirement for membership is that they have to be Saved and Baptized.

NO church can [demand] that any person repents.

you aren't to sharp are you? is your husband [teaching] you all of this stupidity ?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#480937 Oct 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Hermeneutics Smutics"
I have been following your posts. Based on these I have the following doubts:
I don't believe you were ever Catholic,a child, teen or adult,
a woman or man, I don't believe you were ever conscious or potty trained. I don't believe you were ever in any sort of womb. I do believe you are a bigot, but a bigot from outer space, not from earth.
----------
??? I miss this somehow...
KM
I had to read twice KAY ..But I got the joke .he was,TRYING
to defuse the hostility with humor ..

On that DNA,post from Deangelo

Adam and,Eve had been in that Garden ..eating the tree,of Life ..how,long we,don't know,.how long did the,effects,last from the fruit??? We,don't know But they lived ling lives,for generations

I DOn't believe the,way their children mated was badly affected ..God,TOLD them to multiply ..He knows,exactly wHAT He was,doing.
Always,

Location hidden

#480938 Oct 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
going to bed soon, remember my oldest daughter, she is not feeling very well and was admitted to the hospital yesterday.
that is why I said I was having church at home last night. in between songs, I prayed until I felt that God heard me and my spirit was lifted up.
She is Saved and so is her companion, and we praise God for His Blessing on them.
and not all was bad yesterday, My youngest daughter got engaged on her Birthday, and came by today to show me her ring and to tell me that she wanted to be married in the church around the corner.
Cathie and I pray for her to get Saved. God has Blessed her with so much musical talent and she has wasted it. she took piano lessons when she was only 8 and after a few weeks, the teacher told us that she was very advanced and he didn't think he could help her out very much. then a few years later in the fifth grade, she wanted to play the flute, and three years later, she was playing in the Varsity band and we were taking her to Capital Univ. for advanced lessons.
I am so proud of her, but we would trade all of that for her receiving Salvation from the Lord.
you see, we need her to play the piano in our local church and bless everyone with that God Given talent
Preston, We will keep your daughters in our prayers. Please please let us know how your oldest daughter is doing.May God wrap his arms around your family and keep you all safe from harm. God Bless!!! Thanks for letting us know!!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#480939 Oct 7, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>And your church is not alone....
Exactly...

Location hidden

#480940 Oct 7, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Geesh!!!!!
what is it with you 3 women?
I saw it the first time.
saw what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Robert F 987,302
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min Bongo 31,018
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Edthirty 286,556
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) 4 hr DEMOCRAT CRYBABIES 8
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 4 hr DEMOCRAT CRYBABIES 178
Whose fault was it that O.J. Simpson beat murde... (Mar '16) 4 hr DEMOCRAT CRYBABIES 40
ladies have you ever cheated on your BF while h... (Sep '15) 4 hr Cuckold 16
More from around the web