Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,547
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#480500 Oct 6, 2013
Concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not the thread so again the verses I gave you disagree with that this is the only way.
Jesus prayed and the Apostles prayed and Christians prayed in the Bible corporately clearly you are focusing on one example in scripture and forgetting all the rest of examples of prayer that are condoned and encouraged to be done in the Bible.
Blessings
I'm dropping it.I try.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#480501 Oct 6, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Human minds are strange sometimes...
Good answer...lol

Location hidden

#480502 Oct 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Last call...
Show me Scripture that teaches when you pray, do as the hypocrites..pray standing in the synagogues, standing on the street corner, so men can see you. You will be rewarded.
When you pray, enter not into your closet, but pray to your Father openly, and thy Father shall reward you in secret.
God hears All our prayers no matter where they come from.He only cares if they come from our hearts...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#480503 Oct 6, 2013
Concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Rant all you want God Bible and History are on my side.
Sorry to "burst" your bible only (anti-catholic bubble), but the ONLY one that is on your side is YOU!.... You've got 42,000+(other) contradicting bible only "self-editorialists" who don't agree with you either. Go argue and debate with them and if that doesn't get you anywhere (which it won't) then go debate "yourself" in the mirror!!

Like I told you before, there is absolutely NOTHING to debate, NOTHING to discuss and NOTHING to deliberate over. The TRUE biblical interpretation of the bible (began and ended) in 3872, 393 and 397AD.
The TRUTH of TRUE Apostolic Church History has been verified, authenticated and proven (over and pver and by the "vast majority" of Historian and Apologistic authors and writers both Catholic and Protestant from the first 1500 years of the Catholic Church. You "bible only (relative truth) fundies,should just "go argue with the rest of your 42,000 inconsistent and contradicting denomination, who don't agree with your either. We as Catholics (all know)that the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH History and the TRUE iNTERPRETATION of the Bible has, is and will always be grounded in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Catholic Church --and----in the God Our Father--- who is not the author of your bible only (Relative Truth) contradictions that laced and inudated confusion and chaos!!

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#480505 Oct 6, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>If U really understood where Christianity came from, U wouldn't call yourself a Christian either. Do U know who Saul is? Do U really know the history of this evil soul? This blasphemous, Jew murdering, deceitful being came to the disciples with great arrogance and content and had the audacity to claim that Jesus came to him and made him an apostle to preach the word to non-Jews. The disciples tried to kill him for this and thus never accepted this claim. Saul changed to Paul to cover his past persecution of Jews and in turn was able to corrupt the people from the inside because he hated everything the Jewish religion stood for.A few hundred years later the Council of Nicaea incorporated this corruption of doctrine into a socio-politcal agenda to create a God for the Gentiles which would control the growing population through religion. Instead of recognizing the God of the Jews (which is the God of Jesus), they take Jesus and make him a God and created an image of this God but called him the Son of God. Many manuscripts were burned and destroyed and many scribes were put to death in order for these manuscripts to be rewritten and indoctrinated with the language of the King's

(Constantine during that time)
and the counsels' agenda. It's all in history but many of U ignore these facts about Christianity.
This is the kind of thought ..I was talking about .

The monk in the basement. History

That partly comes from secularists .

.But also the way the whole bible
Printing called heresy ..

The insistence that these are CATHOLIC scriptures only ..That tradition trumps,scripture ...

THAT ONLY CATHOLic understand scripture ..nerd those priests to tell us EHAT it means,

Putting NON Catholics Down for giving scripture ..

Gives rise to this heresy IMO

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

CHRISTMAS

#480506 Oct 6, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I'm dropping it.I try.
It's,not worth it ..same thing every week.

weird thing ..I never did group praying like that ..asking for concerns,out loud ..

Until I joined an SBC CHURCH that he says,He belongs,to .

Took me a,while to get used to the concept ..But I liked it .

Sooooooo...

Like I say not worth it

More concerned on that post I just replied to from the atheist or whatever .....who knows ..

Hates the bible for sure
marge

Ames, IA

#480507 Oct 6, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>praying to the dead?....you have no clue what you talking about because you are closed minded and refuse to see the facts. I Do Not pray to the dead as you see it..
Prayers to God and prayers to the dead don't mix any way you see it.

It's like a different lifestyle even.

How is one to continually pray to God like we're commanded if one stops to pray to their dead idols?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#480508 Oct 6, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome to your beliefs.
Are you saying you are a descendent of apes????

Location hidden

#480509 Oct 6, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>God hears All our prayers no matter where they come from.He only cares if they come from our hearts...
You are at sea....my argument was not that God does not hear you pray if you pray in the wrong place...

Location hidden

#480510 Oct 6, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to "burst" your bible only (anti-catholic bubble), but the ONLY one that is on your side is YOU!.... You've got 42,000+(other) contradicting bible only "self-editorialists" who don't agree with you either. Go argue and debate with them and if that doesn't get you anywhere (which it won't) then go debate "yourself" in the mirror!!
Like I told you before, there is absolutely NOTHING to debate, NOTHING to discuss and NOTHING to deliberate over. The TRUE biblical interpretation of the bible (began and ended) in 3872, 393 and 397AD.
The TRUTH of TRUE Apostolic Church History has been verified, authenticated and proven (over and pver and by the "vast majority" of Historian and Apologistic authors and writers both Catholic and Protestant from the first 1500 years of the Catholic Church. You "bible only (relative truth) fundies,should just "go argue with the rest of your 42,000 inconsistent and contradicting denomination, who don't agree with your either. We as Catholics (all know)that the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH History and the TRUE iNTERPRETATION of the Bible has, is and will always be grounded in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Catholic Church --and----in the God Our Father--- who is not the author of your bible only (Relative Truth) contradictions that laced and inudated confusion and chaos!!
I love it!!!! Say on!!!! The pope is a bald face liar!!!!
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#480511 Oct 6, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is nothing to debate you clearly are fool as you are in forum for debate.

Thanks for showing he thread, the audience reading along you can't defend your faith with reasion logic historical evidence or biblical evidence, thanks for showing your faith your assertions are void of Truth.

Appreciated, its easier that way less stress for you less anger for you.

God bless
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#480512 Oct 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the kind of thought ..I was talking about .
The monk in the basement. History
That partly comes from secularists .
.But also the way the whole bible
Printing called heresy ..
The insistence that these are CATHOLIC scriptures only ..That tradition trumps,scripture ...
THAT ONLY CATHOLic understand scripture ..nerd those priests to tell us EHAT it means,
Putting NON Catholics Down for giving scripture ..
Gives rise to this heresy IMO
No, Tradition does not trump Scripture.
I don't know where you got that from, Rose.
Do show us where The Church teaches this.

Yes, the Bible is a Catholic book. History bears this out.
As well, the NT books and epistles were written by The Church for The Church.
The Canon of Scripture was determined by The Church for The Church, based on what The Church had always taught...before one word of the NT was ever written.

The Bible is the written portion of Sacred Tradition.
You don't know what Sacred Tradition is, do you?

Scripture itself denounces private interpretation.

I've not seen anyone "put non-Catholics down for giving scripture".
Again, show us where this was done.

You have a bad habit of making public statements about The Church that aren't true, Rose. As was suggested a few days ago, you should drop the ecumenical charade and start backing up your pronouncements with facts.

Location hidden

#480514 Oct 6, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayers to God and prayers to the dead don't mix any way you see it.
It's like a different lifestyle even.
How is one to continually pray to God like we're commanded if one stops to pray to their dead idols?
The only Idol I pray for is the one person I am rooting for to win on American Idol...lol

Location hidden

#480515 Oct 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are at sea....my argument was not that God does not hear you pray if you pray in the wrong place...
if I am misunderstanding you than I am sorry.
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#480516 Oct 6, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Canon of Scripture was determined by The Church for The Church, based on what The Church had always taught...before one word of the NT was ever written.
You have a bad habit of making public statements about The Church that aren't true, Rose. As was suggested a few days ago, you should drop the ecumenical charade and start backing up your pronouncements with facts.
RCC man made tradition is considered to be equal to scripture even when it directly contradiction the Word of God the Bible that the Holy Spirit God breathed some 800 years before your sect even started to resemble what it is today before it existed.

Scripture was determined by the Holy Spirit hundreds of years before any council convened and said they were scripture.

They were considered as scripture by the early Church way before any council and way way before the RCC sect existed, and from the writings of the early church fathers from the first 200 years of Christendom we can construct 98% of the NT were they quote the NT books writings as such as Scripture. They just don't quote the book they quote referencing it as Gods Word, scripture. You will UNDERSTAND HOW INCREDIBLE THAT IS WHEN ONE UNDERSTANDS HOW MANY WRITINGS SURELY WERE LOST!

You see God preserves his word independently of Man made institutions he does not need your Popes or RCC sect or your man made tradition. The Glory is all his never mans, and in fact scripture testifies to this Explicitly , the councils only recognized that which was already known through out Christendom.

The Bible is Gods word, it is not Tradition as the meaning you use for the word.

The RCC had nothing to do with the NT let alone the OT it did not exist when canonized, that is historical fact. In fact that which was the NT and OT for 1500 years Rome added to at Trent and even the RC New Advent Encyclopedia acknowledges this fact. As I have post numerous times.

I know what RCC tradition is, it is Anti-biblical and Anti-Christ.

I don't know about Rose posting verifiable biblical and historical Facts but I have done so on a continuum here with every RC changing the subject when I do and claiming I have not or just saying I am wrong now go away there is no debate. So if you are the Typical RC here I am sure she has posted much that you chose to ignore.

Truth Matters all you post is puffed up smug RC elitism
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#480517 Oct 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you did, the rest of us didn't. You will NEVER know for sure. Sorry!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#480518 Oct 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You say that every week. I heard you .
We,are also told to pray TOGETHER ..
I'm hopeful others,will pray WITH ME
When I do it on the board ...agreeing in the Name of Jesus
WHEN I PRAY ALONE that is,a different praying ..
~~~

When prayer is offered ...

We are "STANDING IN THE GAP AND MAKING UP THE HEDGE ....

IN INTERCESSION...

THE OLD TESTAMENT REFERENCES...

Eze_22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

IN THE NEW TESTAMENT..

Php 4:5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

Php 4:6 ==>Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. <==

Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

GOD HEARS BOTH PUBLIC... AND PRIVATE PRAYERS...

THE PROBLEM FOR MOST IS GETTING CHRISTIANS... TO PRAY EITHER WAY...

GOD COULD NOT FIND 10 ... THAT COULD STAND IN THE GAP AND MAKE UP

THE HEDGE FOR SODOM....SO HE RAINED FIRE AND BRIMSTONE ON THE EVIL CITIES...

NOTE

Gen 18:23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?

Gen 18:24 Peradventure there be FIFTY righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?

Gen 18:25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

Gen 18:26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.

Gen 18:27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:

Gen 18:28 Peradventure there shall lack FIVE OF THE FIFTY RIGHTEOUS: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.

Gen 18:29 And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be FORTY FOUND there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake.
Gen 18:30 And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall THIRTY BE FOUND there.

And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
Gen 18:31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake.

Gen 18:32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure TEM SHALL BE FOUND THERE . And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.

Gen 18:33 And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.

WILL YOU BE ONE ....

THAT WILL STAND IN THE GAP ....

AND

MAKE UP THE HEDGE FOR AMERICA....?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#480519 Oct 6, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why waste your time posting about catholicism? Your church has no interest what-so-ever in what women have to say when it comes to church authority. Men Only! make the rules.

If the RCC really! cared about you, they would let you become an equal to the men who run the church, but sadly they won't. You will always be a follower and NEVER allowed to lead.

Young educated women today who demand equality, are not at all like the old school women of your era. Times are changin' and changin' for the better.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#480520 Oct 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you sat down and figured out which one of these stories below that you are going with? LOL!

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/acco...

UNBELIEVABLE!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#480521 Oct 6, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
When prayer is offered ...
We are "STANDING IN THE GAP AND MAKING UP THE HEDGE ....
IN INTERCESSION...
THE OLD TESTAMENT REFERENCES...
Eze_22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
IN THE NEW TESTAMENT..
Php 4:5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
Php 4:6 ==>Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. <==
Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
GOD HEARS BOTH PUBLIC... AND PRIVATE PRAYERS...
THE PROBLEM FOR MOST IS GETTING CHRISTIANS... TO PRAY EITHER WAY...
GOD COULD NOT FIND 10 ... THAT COULD STAND IN THE GAP AND MAKE UP
THE HEDGE FOR SODOM....SO HE RAINED FIRE AND BRIMSTONE ON THE EVIL CITIES...
NOTE
Gen 18:23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
Gen 18:24 Peradventure there be FIFTY righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
Gen 18:25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
Gen 18:26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
Gen 18:27 And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:
Gen 18:28 Peradventure there shall lack FIVE OF THE FIFTY RIGHTEOUS: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.
Gen 18:29 And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be FORTY FOUND there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake.
Gen 18:30 And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall THIRTY BE FOUND there.
And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
Gen 18:31 And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake.
Gen 18:32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure TEM SHALL BE FOUND THERE . And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.
Gen 18:33 And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.
WILL YOU BE ONE ....
THAT WILL STAND IN THE GAP ....
AND
MAKE UP THE HEDGE FOR AMERICA....?
~~~
WILL YOU CALL ON GOD IN JESUS NAME?... FOR AMERICA?

2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

GOD SAID
Jer 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

AND AGAIN

Joh_15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

JESUS SAID ..

GOD SAID

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Osmius 778,521
Moses never existed 9 min feces for jesus 836
Gay snapchat names 32 min raye 177
SMOKING: One of the dumbest - deadliest human h... 41 min OMG 44
Dark Circle Reduction Treatment 48 min Helena Grace 1
Couch Potato Alert 1 hr yon 11
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr yon 4,900
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Ugly Truth from d... 605,347
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr WasteWater 265,472
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 11 hr risque 137