Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,691
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
marge

Ames, IA

#480448 Oct 5, 2013
A Brother who Sins
…19"Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. 20"For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."
marge

Ames, IA

#480449 Oct 5, 2013
This is the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah the son of David, the son of Abraham:
marge

Ames, IA

#480450 Oct 5, 2013
Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?"

Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#480451 Oct 5, 2013
THE PHARASEE'S PRAYER:

He compared himself to others and was very condemning of others. The Pharisee made the wrong conclusion in his comparison between himself and the tax gatherer The Pharisee was unaware of his own sins, but very aware of other peoples’ sins. This is very characteristic of a self-righteous person

THE PUBLICAN'S PRAYER: He asks for mercy from God. He says,“Be merciful to me, the sinner.” He does not say “a” sinner because he does not compare himself to others. As far as he is concerned he’s the only sinner before God. That is genuine humility. He literally says,“Be propitiated towards me.” Propitiated means be satisfied. He knew that only God could help him be righteous.(Rom 3:23-25) Jesus Christ was the answer to this man’s prayer
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#480452 Oct 5, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure U might have went to take a peek. Just check out the last chapter in all 4 Gospels and tell me that this is God's word that has these inconsistencies. And by the way, if U're using a smartphone, the only way to reply without having to type out everything is to use the mobile version instead of going to desktop mode. Just in case that was the reason U were typing out quotes.
This not the forum for this so I will be brief.

From 1000's of years ago till today the greatest legal minds see no inconsistencies in the synoptic Gospels.

Simon GreenLeaf father of modern evidential law Dean of Harvard Law agrees and wrote much about it Google him get his books.

If the Gospels where all the same then we would know it was a fabrication a conspiracy

No one human being remembers an event the same, so for the writers of the Gospels, for God who lead them to write it they wrote these human beings, eye witness accounts as they remembered them, they were no perfect nor did they all remember or think the same, to not write as they remembered the events would be fraud. That they are from different perspectives with different details only shows the accounts are not planned. That being said there are no contradictions but I am sure at this stage you disagree and in the right thread I would love to make the case that so many before me have made.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#480453 Oct 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You say that every week. I heard you .
We,are also told to pray TOGETHER ..
I'm hopeful others,will pray WITH ME
When I do it on the board ...agreeing in the Name of Jesus
WHEN I PRAY ALONE that is,a different praying ..
You have my interest....

Show me Scripture that teaches when you pray, do as the hypocrites..pray standing in the synagogues, standing on the street corner, so men can see you. You will be rewarded.

When you pray, enter not into your closet, but pray to your Father openly, and thy Father shall reward you in secret...
marge

Ames, IA

#480454 Oct 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your religious teachings...which everyone is not a subjugate...and I am in the latter.
2 Samuel 22:31
"As for God, His way is perfect: The LORD's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

Psalm 119:140
Your promises have been thoroughly tested, and your servant loves them.

May God Bless you TK42.
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#480455 Oct 5, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is absolutely NOTHING to debate, NOTHING to discuss and NOTHING to deliberate over. The TRUE biblical interpretation of the bible (began and ended) in 3872, 393 and 397AD.
The TRUTH of TRUE Apostolic Church History has been verified, authenticated and proven (over and pver and by the "vast majority" of Historian authors and writers both Catholic and Protestant from the first 1500 years of the Catholic Church. You "bible only (relative truth) fundies,should just "go argue with the rest of your 42,000 inconsistent and contradicting denomination, who don't agree with your either. We as Catholics (all know)that the TRUTH has, is and will always be grounded in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Catholic Church --and----in the God, who is not the author of your bible only confusion and chaos!!
Gee what you say here and how you say is how I imagined the Priest 600 years said it when he said to my distant relatives no adult baptism and put the flame to the wood as he burned them at the stake.

That is the only reason till the reformation the RCC's traditions stood alone the RCC in the Latin world simply eliminated those who disagreed.

There is not one era in history where those who read the Bible couldaccept RC dogma as it contradicts the word of God.

The Early Church,(please read the early church fathers books cover to cover) did not even remotely resemble the RCC in the 10th 15th and now 21st century.

If the RCC was to return to the Christian Church of 5th century you would have to dump the Pope, Rosary, praying to the dead, Priests, Icons, Salvation infused by works and tradition equal to scripture.

Rant all you want God Bible and History are on my side.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#480456 Oct 5, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Samuel 22:31
"As for God, His way is perfect: The LORD's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.
Psalm 119:140
Your promises have been thoroughly tested, and your servant loves them.
May God Bless you TK42.
Thank you for your kind thoughts Marge.

Location hidden

#480457 Oct 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your religious teachings...which everyone is not a subjugate...and I am in the latter.
Don't matter if you are unsubjugated, fubjugated, opengated, delegated, relegated, regulated...you are still a descendenta of Adm and Eve....

Location hidden

#480458 Oct 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not praying to BE,SEEN . You think what you will..
I honestly don't care if you know,How,Often I pray .
That's,between me and God . Really ..I pray once a,week here ..
I PRAY IN HOPES OTHERS,WILL ALSO..join me ...for each other .
You don't ever pray with others???
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Show me Scripture that teaches when you pray, do as the hypocrites..pray standing in the synagogues, standing on the street corner, so men can see you. You will be rewarded.

When you pray, enter not into your closet, but pray to your Father openly, and thy Father shall reward you in secret...

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#480459 Oct 5, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
THE PHARASEE'S PRAYER:
He compared himself to others and was very condemning of others. The Pharisee made the wrong conclusion in his comparison between himself and the tax gatherer The Pharisee was unaware of his own sins, but very aware of other peoples’ sins. This is very characteristic of a self-righteous person
THE PUBLICAN'S PRAYER: He asks for mercy from God. He says,“Be merciful to me, the sinner.” He does not say “a” sinner because he does not compare himself to others. As far as he is concerned he’s the only sinner before God. That is genuine humility. He literally says,“Be propitiated towards me.” Propitiated means be satisfied. He knew that only God could help him be righteous.(Rom 3:23-25) Jesus Christ was the answer to this man’s prayer
AMEN

Location hidden

#480460 Oct 5, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>The Pharasee's prayer had the intention, in pride, of building himself up. God wants us to pray together. I prayed regarding our sinfulness.Stay out of our prayers to God. You have no business there.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#480461 Oct 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You, evidently, are not a Christian...
Pr 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
If U really understood where Christianity came from, U wouldn't call yourself a Christian either. Do U know who Saul is? Do U really know the history of this evil soul? This blasphemous, Jew murdering, deceitful being came to the disciples with great arrogance and content and had the audacity to claim that Jesus came to him and made him an apostle to preach the word to non-Jews. The disciples tried to kill him for this and thus never accepted this claim. Saul changed to Paul to cover his past persecution of Jews and in turn was able to corrupt the people from the inside because he hated everything the Jewish religion stood for.A few hundred years later the Council of Nicaea incorporated this corruption of doctrine into a socio-politcal agenda to create a God for the Gentiles which would control the growing population through religion. Instead of recognizing the God of the Jews (which is the God of Jesus), they take Jesus and make him a God and created an image of this God but called him the Son of God. Many manuscripts were burned and destroyed and many scribes were put to death in order for these manuscripts to be rewritten and indoctrinated with the language of the King's (Constantine during that time) and the counsels' agenda. It's all in history but many of U ignore these facts about Christianity.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#480462 Oct 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your kind thoughts Marge.
She has kind words for you but refuse to "pray with us"(nick and me) and wont even "have lunch with us." I don't get it....

Location hidden

#480463 Oct 5, 2013
<quoted text>Sorry, didn't follow U. U must respond with a clear argument to the contradiction proposed. Your response didn't satisfy the question. Who was this wife of Cain? And why did U ask about the 4 people? Genesis clearly states this but U posted with ?????? like I was making it up.
My post showed that Adam/Eve had many...many...children...not only two!!!!! You know...Adam-Eve--two children...

I will approach this on a very basic kindergarten level...hope you can handle that..

A. God Created Adam and Eve and no other....
B. Every human being ever born, is born, will be born, is a descendent of Adam and Eve..
C. Cain's wife was a descendent of Adam/Eve...who else??????!!!

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#480464 Oct 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have my interest....
God,bless,you Ox .
I'm still going to pray on the forum ..praying others might agree or join me.
I'll pray in my room ( alone ) whenever he Spirit moves,me to.
But once A week I will say a prayer here for us,all ..

Location hidden

#480465 Oct 5, 2013
<quoted text>If U really understood where Christianity came from, U wouldn't call yourself a Christian either. Do U know who Saul is? Do U really know the history of this evil soul? This blasphemous, Jew murdering, deceitful being came to the disciples with great arrogance and content and had the audacity to claim that Jesus came to him and made him an apostle to preach the word to non-Jews. The disciples tried to kill him for this and thus never accepted this claim. Saul changed to Paul to cover his past persecution of Jews and in turn was able to corrupt the people from the inside because he hated everything the Jewish religion stood for.A few hundred years later the Council of Nicaea incorporated this corruption of doctrine into a socio-politcal agenda to create a God for the Gentiles which would control the growing population through religion. Instead of recognizing the God of the Jews (which is the God of Jesus), they take Jesus and make him a God and created an image of this God but called him the Son of God. Many manuscripts were burned and destroyed and many scribes were put to death in order for these manuscripts to be rewritten and indoctrinated with the language of the King's (Constantine during that time) and the counsels' agenda. It's all in history but many of U ignore these facts about Christianity.
You, evidently, are not a Christian...
Pr 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Location hidden

#480466 Oct 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
God,bless,you Ox .
I'm still going to pray on the forum ..praying others might agree or join me.
I'll pray in my room ( alone ) whenever he Spirit moves,me to.
But once A week I will say a prayer here for us,all ..
That's the spirit!!!! Tell Christ to stuff it!!!!

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#480467 Oct 5, 2013
<quoted text>If U really understood where Christianity came from, U wouldn't call yourself a Christian either. Do U know who Saul is? Do U really know the history of this evil soul? This blasphemous, Jew murdering, deceitful being came to the disciples with great arrogance and content and had the audacity to claim that Jesus came to him and made him an apostle to preach the word to non-Jews. The disciples tried to kill him for this and thus never accepted this claim. Saul changed to Paul to cover his past persecution of Jews and in turn was able to corrupt the people from the inside because he hated everything the Jewish religion stood for.A few hundred years later the Council of Nicaea incorporated this corruption of doctrine into a socio-politcal agenda to create a God for the Gentiles which would control the growing population through religion. Instead of recognizing the God of the Jews (which is the God of Jesus), they take Jesus and make him a God and created an image of this God but called him the Son of God. Many manuscripts were burned and destroyed

and many scribes were put to death in order for these manuscripts to be rewritten and indoctrinated with the language of the King's (Constantine during that time) and the counsels' agenda. It's all in history but many of U ignore these facts about Christianity.
DOES ANYONE know what on earth he is talking about ???

Where does this,nonsense come from.???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Stilgar Fifrawi 797,187
The movements of O.J. Simpson on the night of J... 34 min Doctor REALITY 11
Superbowl Prediction: Patriots 28 Seahawks 26 51 min Skany Mother 3
Who is this......'Holy Spirit'???! Can He CHANG... 54 min Doctor REALITY 1
U.S.soliders who write books for MONEY betray t... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 267,627
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Ugly Truth from d... 607,264
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr AN NFL FAN 120,785
Scientific proof for God's existence 12 hr let your brother rip 647
More from around the web