Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667516 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#480474 Oct 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
My post showed that Adam/Eve had many...many...children...not only two!!!!! You know...Adam-Eve--two children...
I will approach this on a very basic kindergarten level...hope you can handle that..
A. God Created Adam and Eve and no other....
B. Every human being ever born, is born, will be born, is a descendent of Adam and Eve..
C. Cain's wife was a descendent of Adam/Eve...who else??????!!!
U people really have a habit of ignoring the questions at hand or yall are just trying to play dumb but it is getting frustrating. Let me be clear. FIRST THERE WAS ADAM AND EVE. THEY HAD TWO CHILDREN, CAIN AND ABEL WHICH MAKES 4 PEOPLE ON EARTH. CAIN KILLED ABEL WHICH NOW BRINGS IT BACK TO 3. WHEN GOD FOUND OUT HE BANISHED CAIN. STILL 3 PEOPLE NOW. THEN CAIN ENDED UP WITH A WIFE. AND THEN HE BUILT A CITY. FOR WHO?? ALL OF THIS OCCURED BEFORE EVE HAD HER THIRD CHILD SETH. EXPLAIN WHERE CAIN'S WIFE CAME FROM!!!!!!!
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#480475 Oct 5, 2013
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>So U're saying that the Gospels are words of men and how they remembered these events rather than these being the words of God? So which is it? Either the Bible is the word of God or it is the words of men but we can't have it both was for sake of confusion.
You can argue like my 11 year if you so choose, why A. why A. why. A

Anyway, God in many locations choose to record the words of men in Holy Scripture for a purpose, you can choose to seek that purpose out or argue like my 11 year old boy.

So your assertion is a false one, God can choose to quote in is word the words of men and women as he sees fit for his purposes.

There is no confusion here, you see lawyers do it all the time quote witnesses to make a defense for or case against a criminal. It is still the Lawyers case the courts and the Judge are not confused with this practice. It is legitimate and accepted by all learned societies.

So why are you confused, it appears the only thing deficient and confusing here is you.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#480476 Oct 5, 2013
Concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are such dumb Hypocrite.
Your latest pope was in Rio on the beach praying in front of cameras broadcasting on live TV, invoking all to join him in prayer as he prayed and put on pomp and Ceremony that no Pharisee could of imagined all dressed up in God knows what with that big old ugly duck bill hat, wearing ropes of white and gold Jewlery and allowing his faithful to bow before him kiss his ring finger. It was an abomination to God and I as sure the Apostle Peter rolled over in his grave.
You might want to call a friend to pull your foot out your mouth.
But hey when it comes to telling Jesus to stuff it the RCC does it better than anyone.
Jesus said Sacrifices are FINISHED, while on the Cross and the curtain tore in the holy of hollies, the alter rocks split in two, the sun darkened and the earth was shaken. A Godly exclamation mark if you will IT IS FINISHED.
Hebrews goes on to confirm this in no uncertain terms.
Yet the RCC says sorry Jesus, sorry to the Book of Hebrews you made a mistake, we are going to create a new and novel dogma that has the blood and body of Jesus in a state of perpetual sacrifice.
We don't care what you said on the Cross Jesus tradition our man made tradition trumps you and what you said on the Cross and what your Holy Spirit lead the Author of Hebrews to right.
You might want get lots of help I think both feet are stuck in your mouth.
I was a Catholic...forty-years...I are now a born again Christian...a member of a SBC church...

You need to readjust your sights...you missed by a mile!!!!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#480477 Oct 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me Scripture that teaches when you pray, do as the hypocrites..pray standing in the synagogues, standing on the street corner, so men can see you. You will be rewarded.
When you pray, enter not into your closet, but pray to your Father openly, and thy Father shall reward you in secret...
The verses focus on praying with pride v praying with humility as a sinner.

Memphis, TN

#480478 Oct 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
DOES ANYONE know what on earth he is talking about ???
Where does this,nonsense come from.???
I see U're not at all familiar with history as U probably rely on the Bible for your complete historical reference, complete without dates of any sort. I understand your lack of awareness of historical facts and references causes U to remain blind to these truths about the origins of Christianity but think about this, Jesus was a Jew and kept Jewish law. When did he ever say to defect from the Jewish teachings and to exalt him as a God?

Location hidden

#480479 Oct 5, 2013
<quoted text>U people really have a habit of ignoring the questions at hand or yall are just trying to play dumb but it is getting frustrating. Let me be clear. FIRST THERE WAS ADAM AND EVE. THEY HAD TWO CHILDREN, CAIN AND ABEL WHICH MAKES 4 PEOPLE ON EARTH. CAIN KILLED ABEL WHICH NOW BRINGS IT BACK TO 3. WHEN GOD FOUND OUT HE BANISHED CAIN. STILL 3 PEOPLE NOW. THEN CAIN ENDED UP WITH A WIFE. AND THEN HE BUILT A CITY. FOR WHO?? ALL OF THIS OCCURED BEFORE EVE HAD HER THIRD CHILD SETH. EXPLAIN WHERE CAIN'S WIFE CAME FROM!!!!!!!
You can't handle logic at kindergarten level!!!!! Try again when you become an adult!!!!

Location hidden

#480480 Oct 5, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>The verses focus on praying with pride v praying with humility as a sinner.
Last call...

Show me Scripture that teaches when you pray, do as the hypocrites..pray standing in the synagogues, standing on the street corner, so men can see you. You will be rewarded.

When you pray, enter not into your closet, but pray to your Father openly, and thy Father shall reward you in secret.

Memphis, TN

#480481 Oct 5, 2013
<quoted text>
You can argue like my 11 year if you so choose, why A. why A. why. A
Anyway, God in many locations choose to record the words of men in Holy Scripture for a purpose, you can choose to seek that purpose out or argue like my 11 year old boy.
So your assertion is a false one, God can choose to quote in is word the words of men and women as he sees fit for his purposes.
There is no confusion here, you see lawyers do it all the time quote witnesses to make a defense for or case against a criminal. It is still the Lawyers case the courts and the Judge are not confused with this practice. It is legitimate and accepted by all learned societies.
So why are you confused, it appears the only thing deficient and confusing here is you.
Trying to throw in insults wont get U far. We all know that personal attacks are a sign that the person has no argument whatsoever and that they have no valid and intelligent response. Even your response has no substance. "God can do whatever maaaaan" (so to speak). U better learn a bit more about what U're following before U tell someone else that they are mistaken. I bet U're one of those that believe that Jesus is God, ain't cha?!? Or that he's God manifested in the flesh, huh?!? Find out who Saul of Tarsus was. Do some research. Then start over and present your case. I bet it wont be the same as your testimony tonight.
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#480482 Oct 5, 2013
<quoted text>Trying to throw in insults wont get U far. We all know that personal attacks are a sign that the person has no argument whatsoever and that they have no valid and intelligent response. Even your response has no substance. "God can do whatever maaaaan" (so to speak). U better learn a bit more about what U're following before U tell someone else that they are mistaken. I bet U're one of those that believe that Jesus is God, ain't cha?!? Or that he's God manifested in the flesh, huh?!? Find out who Saul of Tarsus was. Do some research. Then start over and present your case. I bet it wont be the same as your testimony tonight.
No not an insult an accurate evaluation of your ability to articulate an idea or concept.

You argue like an 11 year old.
Bye bye dumb dumb

Now that is an insult but an accurate one.

United States

#480483 Oct 5, 2013

Find out who Saul of Tarsus was. Do some research. Then start over and present your case. I bet it wont be the same as your testimony tonight.
-
-
Saul of Tarsus was a man who persecuted Christian and even murdered them.
-
But then his eyes were opened and he became a Christian himself - and penned much of the Greek Scriptures - as Paul. After which he NEVER AGAIN murdered another person....UNLIKE the leader(s) of the Catholic Church who ordered the torture and murder of 'heretics' and the willing members of the RCC obliged the Pope and even invented new and especially heinous ways to torture and murder non-Catholics. and they carried on like this for CENTURIES!
Just another reason to "love" the Catholic Church!*cough, cough, choke*
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#480484 Oct 5, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a Catholic...forty-years...I are now a born again Christian...a member of a SBC church...
You need to readjust your sights...you missed by a mile!!!!
sorry for that, my mistake.

It appears you have not read all that there is on prayer.

Cooperate public prayer is biblical, it is the Spirit it is done in that Jesus was addressing

IV. Examples of Prayers and Ways to Pray. Most of the recorded prayers of leaders of Israel are intercessions; see the prayers of Moses (Exod 32:11-13, 31-32; 33:12-16; Num 11:11-15; 14:13-19; Deut 9:18-21), Aaron (Num 6:22-27), Samuel (1 Sam 7:5-13), Solomon (1 Kings 8:22-53), and Hezekiah (2 Kings 19:14-19). God always answered the prayers of his people, but sometimes his answer was no (Exod 32:30-35). Once Jeremiah was commanded not to intercede (Jer 7:16; 11:14; 14:11). We are to assume that the prophets were constantly engaged in prayer in order to be the recipients of the word of the Lord (see Isa 6; Dan 9:20 ff.; Hab 2:1-3).

In the five books of the Psalter many types of prayers are found. There are communal hymns (Pss 33, 145-150), communal laments (Pss. 44, 74, 79), royal psalms (Pss. 2, 18, 20, 21), laments of the individual Israelite (Pss. 3, 5-7, 13), thanksgivings of the individual Israelite (Pss. 30, 32, 138), songs for pilgrimage (Pss. 84, 122), thanksgivings of the community (Pss. 67, 124), wisdom poems (Pss. 1, 37, 73, 112), and liturgies (Pss. 15, 24, 60, 75).

Obviously the emphasis in the whole Bible is not on the right posture or the correct position, but on the right attitude in prayer.

Thus people pray kneeling (1 Kings 8:54; Ezra 9:5; Dan 6:10; Acts 20:36), standing (Jer 18:20), sitting (2 Sam 7:18), or even lying prostrate (Matt 26:39).

They pray sometimes with hands uplifted (1 Kings 8:22; Ps 28:2; 134:2; 1 Tim 2:8). They pray silently (1 Sam 1:13);

they pray aloud (Ezek 11:13);

they pray alone (Matt 6:6; Mark 1:35);

they pray together (Ps 35:18; Matt 18:19; Acts 4:31); they pray at fixed times (Ps 55:17; Dan 6:10) or at any time (Luke 18:1).

They pray everywhere (1 Tim 2:8)—in bed (Ps 63:6),

in an open field (Gen 24:11-12),

in the temple (2 Kings 19:14), at the riverside (Acts 16:13),

on the seashore (21:5),
on the battlefield (1 Sam 7:5).

They pray spontaneously (Matt 6:7);

they pray liturgically (e.g., Pss 120-126);

they pray, as we have observed, quite literally for everything (Gen 24:12-14; Phil 4:6; 1 Tim 2:1-4).

Location hidden

#480485 Oct 5, 2013
<quoted text>U people really have a habit of ignoring the questions at hand or yall are just trying to play dumb but it is getting frustrating. Let me be clear. FIRST THERE WAS ADAM AND EVE. THEY HAD TWO CHILDREN, CAIN AND ABEL WHICH MAKES 4 PEOPLE ON EARTH. CAIN KILLED ABEL WHICH NOW BRINGS IT BACK TO 3. WHEN GOD FOUND OUT HE BANISHED CAIN. STILL 3 PEOPLE NOW. THEN CAIN ENDED UP WITH A WIFE. AND THEN HE BUILT A CITY. FOR WHO?? ALL OF THIS OCCURED BEFORE EVE HAD HER THIRD CHILD SETH. EXPLAIN WHERE CAIN'S WIFE CAME FROM!!!!!!!
And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Tell me how much time lapsed from the time Cain left the presence of the Lord, until he knew his wife....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#480486 Oct 5, 2013
Something key to remember when referencing this passage is the setting where Jesus said this. He wasn’t in the synagogue or in the super-secret disciples’ clubhouse. This passage is a part of the Sermon on the Mount, which includes Matthew 5-7.

“When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. He opened His mouth and began to teach them”. Matthew 5-7

Why would Jesus tell people not to pray in public when He was standing on a mountain teaching His followers the Our Father?(Matthew 6:9-13)

He had also just encouraged the crowds to “let your light shine before others that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father.”(Matthew 5:16)

Jesus told the crowds not to “pray” with the primary intent to show off their piety. He didn’t say not to pray in public; He said not to pray for the sake of people seeing you praying.
When Jesus performed the miracle of feeding the 5000,“He took the seven loaves and the fish; and giving thanks, he broke them and started giving them to the disciples ...”(Matthew 15:36).

When Jesus instituted the Lord’s Supper,“Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to the disciples ...”(Matthew 26:26). public prayer)

The model prayer Jesus gave his listeners immediately after His instruction to pray in secret was a public prayer.“Give us this day ...” Forgive us our debts ...”“Deliver us from evil.”

"And Solomon stood before the altar of the Lord in the presence of all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven" (1 Kings 8:22; compare 2 Chronicles 6:12).

According to 2 Chronicles 6:13, he then "kneeled down upon his knees before all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven."

"And it was so, that when Solomon had made an end of praying all this prayer and supplication unto the Lord, he arose from before the altar of the Lord, from kneeling on his knees with his hands spread up to heaven" (1 Kings 8:54).

The Psalms, many of which are prayers, reflect the method of prayer in the temple.
In one, the petitioner asks the Lord, "Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle" (Psalm 28:2).

In the story of Acts one where we find a gathering of about 120 persons in the upper room, Peter stood up in the midst of them and called for the selection of someone to replace Judas.“So they put forward two men,... and they prayed and said,‘You Lord, who know the hearts of all men, show which one of these two You have chosen.”
(public prayer)

Peter and John were arrested after Peter’s second sermon in Acts 4. Beginning in verse 23 it says,“When they had been released, they went to their own companions and reported all that the chief priests and the elders had said to them. And when they heard this, they lifted their voices to God with on accord and said,‘O Lord, it is you who made the heaven and the earth and the sea,...”( public prayer)

Location hidden

#480487 Oct 5, 2013
<quoted text>
sorry for that, my mistake.
It appears you have not read all that there is on prayer.
Cooperate public prayer is biblical, it is the Spirit it is done in that Jesus was addressing
IV. Examples of Prayers and Ways to Pray. Most of the recorded prayers of leaders of Israel are intercessions; see the prayers of Moses (Exod 32:11-13, 31-32; 33:12-16; Num 11:11-15; 14:13-19; Deut 9:18-21), Aaron (Num 6:22-27), Samuel (1 Sam 7:5-13), Solomon (1 Kings 8:22-53), and Hezekiah (2 Kings 19:14-19). God always answered the prayers of his people, but sometimes his answer was no (Exod 32:30-35). Once Jeremiah was commanded not to intercede (Jer 7:16; 11:14; 14:11). We are to assume that the prophets were constantly engaged in prayer in order to be the recipients of the word of the Lord (see Isa 6; Dan 9:20 ff.; Hab 2:1-3).
In the five books of the Psalter many types of prayers are found. There are communal hymns (Pss 33, 145-150), communal laments (Pss. 44, 74, 79), royal psalms (Pss. 2, 18, 20, 21), laments of the individual Israelite (Pss. 3, 5-7, 13), thanksgivings of the individual Israelite (Pss. 30, 32, 138), songs for pilgrimage (Pss. 84, 122), thanksgivings of the community (Pss. 67, 124), wisdom poems (Pss. 1, 37, 73, 112), and liturgies (Pss. 15, 24, 60, 75).
Obviously the emphasis in the whole Bible is not on the right posture or the correct position, but on the right attitude in prayer.
Thus people pray kneeling (1 Kings 8:54; Ezra 9:5; Dan 6:10; Acts 20:36), standing (Jer 18:20), sitting (2 Sam 7:18), or even lying prostrate (Matt 26:39).
They pray sometimes with hands uplifted (1 Kings 8:22; Ps 28:2; 134:2; 1 Tim 2:8). They pray silently (1 Sam 1:13);
they pray aloud (Ezek 11:13);
they pray alone (Matt 6:6; Mark 1:35);
they pray together (Ps 35:18; Matt 18:19; Acts 4:31); they pray at fixed times (Ps 55:17; Dan 6:10) or at any time (Luke 18:1).
They pray everywhere (1 Tim 2:8)—in bed (Ps 63:6),
in an open field (Gen 24:11-12),
in the temple (2 Kings 19:14), at the riverside (Acts 16:13),
on the seashore (21:5),
on the battlefield (1 Sam 7:5).
They pray spontaneously (Matt 6:7);
they pray liturgically (e.g., Pss 120-126);
they pray, as we have observed, quite literally for everything (Gen 24:12-14; Phil 4:6; 1 Tim 2:1-4).
Appreciate your apology...

You need to adjust your sights....my argument is that there is no Scripture that teaches the opposite of:

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Location hidden

#480488 Oct 6, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Something key to remember when referencing this passage is the setting where Jesus said this. He wasn’t in the synagogue or in the super-secret disciples’ clubhouse. This passage is a part of the Sermon on the Mount, which includes Matthew 5-7.
“When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. He opened His mouth and began to teach them”. Matthew 5-7
Why would Jesus tell people not to pray in public when He was standing on a mountain teaching His followers the Our Father?(Matthew 6:9-13)
He had also just encouraged the crowds to “let your light shine before others that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father.”(Matthew 5:16)
Jesus told the crowds not to “pray” with the primary intent to show off their piety. He didn’t say not to pray in public; He said not to pray for the sake of people seeing you praying.
When Jesus performed the miracle of feeding the 5000,“He took the seven loaves and the fish; and giving thanks, he broke them and started giving them to the disciples ...”(Matthew 15:36).
When Jesus instituted the Lord’s Supper,“Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to the disciples ...”(Matthew 26:26). public prayer)
The model prayer Jesus gave his listeners immediately after His instruction to pray in secret was a public prayer.“Give us this day ...” Forgive us our debts ...”“Deliver us from evil.”
"And Solomon stood before the altar of the Lord in the presence of all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven" (1 Kings 8:22; compare 2 Chronicles 6:12).
According to 2 Chronicles 6:13, he then "kneeled down upon his knees before all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven."
"And it was so, that when Solomon had made an end of praying all this prayer and supplication unto the Lord, he arose from before the altar of the Lord, from kneeling on his knees with his hands spread up to heaven" (1 Kings 8:54).
The Psalms, many of which are prayers, reflect the method of prayer in the temple.
In one, the petitioner asks the Lord, "Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle" (Psalm 28:2).
In the story of Acts one where we find a gathering of about 120 persons in the upper room, Peter stood up in the midst of them and called for the selection of someone to replace Judas.“So they put forward two men,... and they prayed and said,‘You Lord, who know the hearts of all men, show which one of these two You have chosen.”
(public prayer)
Peter and John were arrested after Peter’s second sermon in Acts 4. Beginning in verse 23 it says,“When they had been released, they went to their own companions and reported all that the chief priests and the elders had said to them. And when they heard this, they lifted their voices to God with on accord and said,‘O Lord, it is you who made the heaven and the earth and the sea,...”( public prayer)
You are shooting from the hip!!!

My argument was/is, there is no Scripture that teaches opposite, of:

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
truth

Claremont, Australia

#480489 Oct 6, 2013
Jesus Christ start journey walking trough earth between people.
yee
He don't have any altar less from India 3000 years ago.

Cross INRI from most greedy and people hungry for power as well full of lust as priest judges most corupt educated people as well leaders..as they are some today not deference.

n
truth

Claremont, Australia

#480490 Oct 6, 2013
law is not exist no
if law exist protect buildings
and corupt organization its not law for people in 99%

INRI
There is not Mercy.
There not law
there not love
there is suffering
great result of goodness of corupt organization..

Are you for sure corupt organization going say they are corupt?
noooooooooooooooooooo

then where is that judge

not exist as never exist
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#480491 Oct 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Appreciate your apology...
You need to adjust your sights....my argument is that there is no Scripture that teaches the opposite of:
This is not the thread so again the verses I gave you disagree with that this is the only way.

Jesus prayed and the Apostles prayed and Christians prayed in the Bible corporately clearly you are focusing on one example in scripture and forgetting all the rest of examples of prayer that are condoned and encouraged to be done in the Bible.

Blessings

Location hidden

#480492 Oct 6, 2013
<quoted text>
This is not the thread so again the verses I gave you disagree with that this is the only way.
Jesus prayed and the Apostles prayed and Christians prayed in the Bible corporately clearly you are focusing on one example in scripture and forgetting all the rest of examples of prayer that are condoned and encouraged to be done in the Bible.
Blessings
We are not on the same page...It was said that Scripture teaches opposite of:

And there is none that teaches the opposite!!!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#480493 Oct 6, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't matter if you are unsubjugated, fubjugated, opengated, delegated, relegated, regulated...you are still a descendenta of Adm and Eve....
You are welcome to your beliefs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min bad bob 183,607
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min Pegasus is a pus sy 285,942
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min Gabriel 979,269
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 37 min Elerby 92,252
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 51 min RiccardoFire 46,035
Waiting to pee 3 hr Tallguy95 1
allofourstuff.com 4 hr AllofOurStuff 1
More from around the web