Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603506 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#479785 Oct 2, 2013
tradition: paradosis: transmission, i.e.(concretely) a precept; specially, the Jewish traditionary law:--ordinance, tradition.

Clay and Herme are actually arguing, and know not that they are, that the Catholics are following the Jewish traditionary law...ordinance!!!!!!

Halakhah: Jewish Law
The root of the Hebrew term used to refer to Jewish law, halakhah, means "go" or "walk." Halakhah, then, is the "way" a Jew is directed to behave in every aspect of life, encompassing civil, criminal, and religious law.

The foundation of Judaism is the Torah (the first five books of the Hebrew Bible, sometimes referred to as “the Five Books of Moses”).

"Torah" means "instruction" or "teaching," and like all teaching it requires interpretation and application. Jewish tradition teaches that Moses received the Torah from God at Mount Sinai. The Torah is replete with instructions, directives, statutes, laws, and rules. Most are directed to the Israelites, some to all humanity.

Anybody ever know a Catholic that behaved as a Jew in every aspect of life, encompassing civil, criminal, and religious law...per the Torah????

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#479787 Oct 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen to him, or don't listen to him.
“Protestants can be very arrogant when pointing to Catholics,” said Tchividjian, a grandson of evangelist Billy Graham and executive director of Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment (GRACE), which has investigated sex abuse allegations.
Earlier this summer, GRACE spearheaded an online petition decrying the “silence” and “inattention” of evangelical leaders to sexual abuse in their churches.
Mission agencies,“where abuse is most prevalent,” often don’t report abuse because they fear being barred from working in foreign countries, he said. Abusers will get sent home and might join another agency. Of known data from abuse cases, 25 percent are repeat cases, he said.
“The Protestant culture is defined by independence,” Tchividjian said. Evangelicals often frown upon transparency and accountability, he said, as many Protestants rely on Scripture more than religious leaders, compared to Catholics.
Abusers discourage whistle-blowing by condemning gossip to try to keep people from reporting abuse, he said. Victims are also told to protect the reputation of Jesus.
Too many Protestant institutions have sacrificed souls in order to protect their institutions, he said.”We’ve got the Gospels backwards,” he said.
http://www.religionnews.com/2013/09/26/billy-...
Anyone ..clergy of any kind ..who use their FAITH POSITION..IMO even more than secular perverts ..
They hurt these children not just bodily. And psychologically ..But their very position as men of God can turn the souls,if these,children FROM GOD .

THEIR FATE,...is,written ..a,millstone around their necks,.

Thank God for men and organizations,like GRAHAMS....And hat finally THE RCC adressed this,!!!!!

All are,wrong ...one child losing his,Faith is,deplorable .

The thing on the,RCC ..they had the ability EARLY on to segregate these
reprobate,men ...only they have,monastic facilities . In not doing so
They endangered,..not only the children ..But he should of e priests by keeping them in temptation. THE,RCC AS a head in Rome ..a huge organization ..And facilities no other Church has ..it's,Bern bragged,about ..But it COuld have been used for lessening shame and,sin
And hurt to further children ..IMO.

AND all of them are,despicable in what they did ..

Pointing that one is,worse than another ...really ???

If my neighbor eats,his children ..less,often than I do...an I better ???(I didn't..just an example )

ALL ARE,wrong ..can they repent and obtain forgiveness,..WILL THeY ???ONLY GOD KNOWS

every last one should be in jail ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479789 Oct 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you post where you obtained that info? You'd be surprised at how many websites post allegations without ever following up on it to see if it was actual truth or not. You seem like you're interested in truth (lol) so I was just wondering if you tried to first see if those were facts before you posted it. I would hate to think you were just trying to smear a group of people with false allegations..
Unfortunately, sinners were always present in the Church since its inception. Apostle Judas betrayed the Lord and ended up killing himself. Peter publicly denied Jesus and all but John abandoned Christ in the hr He needed them most.
Christ didn't promise to make men sinless if they joined His Church, He only promised that truth would be protected and Hell would not prevail against the Church.
Agree,..it's the cover up most people are,disgusted,with ..try COUKD have been sent to monasteries Clay ..

All thus,Sin by ANY CLERGY..BESMIRCHES GODS NAME..PUT A THE VHIKDS,DOUK IN DANGER ..

one reason s couple of years,ago..I left Topix for a while is that
Every conversation with NON believers about abortion or faith ...went back to the cover-up,s ...And the Sin inside THE CHURCH ..

In that atmosphere,EHAT was the point ..in arguing,God hates,
abortion .. when born children. Are bring mistreated ..

I'm sure finding out about PROTESTANT CLERGY..Will have the same effect .
Very sad,...
Clay

United States

#479790 Oct 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
You can read page after page after page after page of Roman Catholic priests sexually abuse.
Think of your son or daughter. Think of your grandchildren. Who can trust this organization of sexual perverts who protect each others perverted interest by covering up and lying for each other. The old saying....."one lies and the other swears to it" fits the Roman Catholic church worldwide.
http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/times...
I always know when Catholics won the debate of the day. You guys throw out erroneous smear tactics about abuse scandals. I find it pathetic..

For one, there is absolutely no way you actually believe sex offenders are more rampant in the CC than any other group. All evidence shows its actually less in the CC and they are making monumental strides to stamp it out for good.
Again, the fact that you'd dig down in the trash for stuff shows a desperation attempt on your part. Expected- but still pathetic.
Well, Michael will probably post soon because child sexual abuse has come up. Have a good night!
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#479791 Oct 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone ..clergy of any kind ..who use their FAITH POSITION..IMO even more than secular perverts ..
They hurt these children not just bodily. And psychologically ..But their very position as men of God can turn the souls,if these,children FROM GOD .
THEIR FATE,...is,written ..a,millstone around their necks,.
Thank God for men and organizations,like GRAHAMS....And hat finally THE RCC adressed this,!!!!!
All are,wrong ...one child losing his,Faith is,deplorable .
The thing on the,RCC ..they had the ability EARLY on to segregate these
reprobate,men ...only they have,monastic facilities . In not doing so
They endangered,..not only the children ..But he should of e priests by keeping them in temptation. THE,RCC AS a head in Rome ..a huge organization ..And facilities no other Church has ..it's,Bern bragged,about ..But it COuld have been used for lessening shame and,sin
And hurt to further children ..IMO.
AND all of them are,despicable in what they did ..
Pointing that one is,worse than another ...really ???
If my neighbor eats,his children ..less,often than I do...an I better ???(I didn't..just an example )
ALL ARE,wrong ..can they repent and obtain forgiveness,..WILL THeY ???ONLY GOD KNOWS
every last one should be in jail ..
Excuse me Rose, but aren't you saying this to the wrong person? I think it was Oldjg who posted about priest abuse. Maybe it's time to drop the ecumenical charade and admit you're just as much an anti-Catholic bigot like the rest here?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479792 Oct 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me Rose, but aren't you saying this to the wrong person? I think it was Oldjg who posted about priest abuse. Maybe it's time to drop the ecumenical charade and admit you're just as much an anti-Catholic bigot like the rest here?
I was posting I thought to the person who said,Protestants,were worse,

Not you sorry ..to you I know,I posted about this,ignominy clouded any talk of God with NON believers.

It's,worse if it's,a,Clergy any clergy I SAID ..SO

ALSO SAID,GOOD,FOR GRAHAM

saying one clergyman,sin is,worse ....nuts,..they all belong I jail .

But your Church after decades,is,doing something ..Good ..But they COUKD,have just shipped them into anyplace WITH NO CHILDREN ..THEY HAVE THE resources,..would have been better for both priests,and,Church too

CHEAPER IN LOSS,OF RESPECT AND,MONEY ...more importantly ...loss,of the souls,felt betrayed by God's,representative they confessed to..
Try to imagine the horror of going to Confession each week..or serving as,altar boys to your abuser.

They should of been cloistered ..

They should,really be in jail ..ALL OF THEM
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#479793 Oct 2, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>I was posting I thought to the person who said,Protestants,were worse,
Not you sorry ..to you I know,I posted about this,ignominy clouded any talk of God with NON believers.
It's,worse if it's,a,Clergy any clergy I SAID ..SO
ALSO SAID,GOOD,FOR GRAHAM
saying one clergyman,sin is,worse ....nuts,..they all belong I jail .
But your Church after decades,is,doing something ..Good ..But they COUKD,have just shipped them into anyplace WITH NO CHILDREN ..THEY HAVE THE resources,..would have been better for both priests,and,Church too
CHEAPER IN LOSS,OF RESPECT AND,MONEY ...more importantly ...loss,of the souls,felt betrayed by God's,representative they confessed to..
Try to imagine the horror of going to Confession each week..or serving as,altar boys to your abuser.
They should of been cloistered ..
They should,really be in jail ..ALL OF THEM
Right. They screwed up big time. Many will be condemned for their actions or lack thereof.

You chose to respond to my post and not the protestant who brought it back up again on the thread. You're biased. No question about it.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#479794 Oct 2, 2013
I was going to ask everyone how they were but I see I came at a bad time.
Blessings everyone.
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#479795 Oct 2, 2013
'LET THE WEAK SAY I AM STRONG,
LET THE POOR SAY I AM RICH ,
LET THE BLIND SAY I CAN SEE,
WHAT THE LORD HAS DONE FOR ME.
Hosanna, Hosanna,

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479796 Oct 2, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. They screwed up big time. Many will be condemned for their actions or lack thereof.
You chose to respond to my post and not the protestant who brought it back up again on the thread. You're biased. No question about it.
If you ever noticed ..I.don't bring this,UP except on the diocese needing money for payoffs,and closing churches ..

What I was,ANSWERING was the saying PROTS,are,WORSE....as if it's,a,game ..

AND I WAS,SPECIFIC IN SAYING TO WHOEVER POSTED ABOUT GRAHAM ..HE IS,DOING GODS,WORK ....You? I forget ...

My answer was,specific ..it's,all bad ..Clergy worse than secular

I also commented that now every tread with NON believers,has MORE FODDER AS THEY DID 2 years,ago.

ITS,NOT A CONTEST.

I SAID,ALL ... sorry if hat was not unbiased enough .

God will Judge them All the same ..a,millstone,around their necks .
if they turned a child's,soul from Him.

For me it's,ALL DISGUSTING ...he point of the post is hey Are EQUALLY BAD ..NOT A GOTCHA to either side

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479797 Oct 2, 2013
LTM wrote:
I was going to ask everyone how they were but I see I came at a bad time.
Blessings everyone.
Your fine..Good o see you LTM
marge

Ames, IA

#479798 Oct 2, 2013
Ltm!, How are you, how is your husband, hermi hates me and prestons calling me names.
marge

Ames, IA

#479799 Oct 2, 2013
Hey Ltm, how are you and how is your husband, I missed you.
truth

Perth, Australia

#479800 Oct 2, 2013
yep
pad
its invisible
One very nice person know why is like that.

Holy Spirit working day and night.
Apostolic Paul is number 13.

What church need they take from believers.
Who is church alive people.

Within goodness is something.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#479801 Oct 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I have told you what the truth is... OVER AND OVER AGAIN and you reject it...
I HAVE GIVEN YOU HUNDREDS OF SCRIPTURES OVER THE YEARS...AND THEY HAVE FALLEN TO DEAF EARS...
JUST REMEMBER THIS...WHEN IT HAPPENS...YOU WERE WARNED
Pro 29:1 He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.
Your truth is NOTHING but bible only "Relative Truth"! It is just "another one" of the 42,000 (other) contradicting and inconsistent "whatever each Protestant thinks is the truth" for each one!! Yes Confrinting!! You have given us hundreds of "self-interpreted" bible verses, that are "riddled" with (YOUR OWN) anti-catholic (distorted and twisted) interpretation "contrary" to Gods TRUE (original) Interpretation of the Scriptures!!!! I/we as Catholics "don't take warnings" from contradicting bible only "fundies", like you, who condemn and pass their (personal) judgement upon the faith and Salvation of other Christians who "don't agree with your vindictive, spiteful and hatefilled ministry. You do NOT speak for God and NEVER have!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#479802 Oct 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Again---I am saying that the "written WORD of God, as we know it (in the bible today, NEVER EXISTED until the Early Church Fathers, gave us the bible in 383,392, and 397AD. When Jesus Christ initiated HIS 1st Church at Antioch
YOUR EARLY CHURCH FATHERS ...DO NOT HAVE PRECEDENCE OVER
JESUS...
No----but Early Church Fathers DO have precedence over YOU and the rest of your bible only (21st century)"self interpreting" fundamentalists who "cannot" nor will EVER agree on anything when it comes to the TRUTH when interpreting the Bible!!.... God is "not the author" of your Protestant confusion, chaos and contradicting interpetations of the bible!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#479803 Oct 2, 2013
marge wrote:
Ltm!, How are you, how is your husband, hermi hates me and prestons calling me names.
you deserve anything that anyone says about you. LTM has tried to get along with hermi and you ARE THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS TREATED THEM MEAN.
marge

Ames, IA

#479804 Oct 2, 2013
Hojo, you don't still pray to Mary and the Saints, do you?
truth

Perth, Australia

#479805 Oct 2, 2013
Love your God with mind and heart.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#479806 Oct 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you deserve anything that anyone says about you. LTM has tried to get along with hermi and you ARE THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS TREATED THEM MEAN.
I have copied many of LTM's meaningful quotations and passages that she posts..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Doctor Justice_ 880,426
Rajkot gay Topix (Feb '15) 20 min cool boy 237
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 21 min RiccardoFire 8,307
dental seo 23 min VerbatimMarketing 1
www.mygiftcardsite.com balance - Mygiftcardsite... (Dec '12) 43 min Claudianjr123 43
The Christian Atheist debate 45 min messianic114 3,991
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 hr WasteWater 6,406
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Lyndi 177,899
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Charlie Sheen 272,903
More from around the web