Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699480 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Warwick, RI

#480013 Oct 3, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstood me, Clay.....
Read my other post.....
Clay, if he was dead, why didn't Paul offer words of comfort to the family?
I would think Paul, being a follower of Jesus Christ, would most definitely have offered comfort to the family of Onesiphorus. Why don't you think he did? Because the exchange isn't documented in his letter?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#480014 Oct 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pride and arrogance that causes someone like you to read the words of men who were taught by the apostles and say they were wrong. No, my faith is in Christ and His Body the Church, which He founded. It's not in Catholic haters 2000 years later who say they're part of some invisible church consisting of anybody who has faith in the bible alone and who claim inspiration but can't even agree with the protestant standing next to him. Sorry.
FAITH belongs,to Jesus alone ..not Church not even bible

The SCRIPTURES are for Inspiration .And instrucion..period ...not to be worshipped.

Nothing BUT JESUS deserves OUR FAITH.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#480015 Oct 3, 2013
A STATEMENT ..PARABLE OF FAITH

http://www.promiseofgod.com/trial/
Clay

Warwick, RI

#480016 Oct 3, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>No he didn't say that...He posted what John from NJ posted.
I didn't quite see it like that, Sera. He didn't quote John. And his last couple sentences seemed to endorse it. It looks like you may have a new member of the Orthodox.. lol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#480017 Oct 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 1:31
"And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS."
It's not ; "Jesus will be conceived elsewhere but the embryo will be placed in your womb/incubator."
Acts 22:16
"And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord."
It's not ; "Arise and profess that Jesus is your personal Lord and Saviour to forgive your sins...and then I'm gonna get you wet, but it really doesn't do anything to you, it's just for show, and Jesus didn't actually tell me to do this, I'm just doin' it 'cause I want to..."
I am going to enlighten you on something and like the true catholic that you are, you will twist it.

[NOT EVERYTHING THAT IS WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE THAT SOMEONE SAYS IS NOT ALWAYS GOING TO BE THE TRUTH]

and ever Christian knows that.

and again, you lie when you say that Jesus told Ananias to baptize Paul, Jesus said not one word to him about baptizing Paul, so why don't you admit it.

Location hidden

#480018 Oct 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think Paul, being a follower of Jesus Christ, would most definitely have offered comfort to the family of Onesiphorus. Why don't you think he did? Because the exchange isn't documented in his letter?
what difference does it make?

you still are inferring that the man is dead. and that aint Biblical.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#480019 Oct 3, 2013
ldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "Paul prayed for him.....NOT to him as KM stated...." End quote.
Where is it stated in this miracle that Paul either prayed to him or for him.
Acts 20:9-12, 9 "And there was a young man named Eutychus sitting on the window sill, sinking into a deep sleep; and as Paul kept on talking, he was overcome by sleep and fell down from the third floor and was picked up dead. 10 But Paul went down and fell upon him, and after embracing him, he said,“Do not be troubled, for his life is in him.” 11 When he had gone back up and had broken the bread and eaten, he talked with them a long while until daybreak, and then left. 12 They took away the boy alive, and were greatly comforted."
The name Eutychus means "Good Fortune" i.e. Lucky
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Eutychus fell asleep while Paul was preaching....
Proverbs 6:10-11
10 A little sleep, a little slumber,
a little folding of the hands to rest—
11 and poverty will come on you like a thief
and scarcity like an armed man.
Eutychus.....Fortunatus
Psalm 121:2-4
2 My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
3 He will not let your foot slip-- he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
Did Paul not believe?
<<<<<Did Paul have the POWER to perform miracles?>>>>>
If Eutychus had not fallen asleep.....we would not have this miracle in the Bible for all to see???
Romans 13:11
11 And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.
Ephesians 5:14-16
14 This is why it is said:
“Wake up, sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you.”
15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.
Again, the question. Where is it stated in this miracle from Acts 20:9-12 that Paul either prayed to him or for him? Show me where it mentions prayer.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#480021 Oct 3, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>You should be asking the Lord those questions,as it begins with Him and ends with Him. Nothing of the Lord is cheap or insignificant,we all know that,but His mercies and His blessings are New every morning according to Scripture.
When we repent of sin,we open the door for the Blood to be applied to us,that which Christ did on the Cross of Calvary. Does an infant understand this? No,but sinners do when they repent of their sins to the Holy One of Israel.God has no grandchildren,He has adopted sons and daughters grafted into the vine,men and women,boys and girls who make decisive decisions to turn from their sin,repent and turn toward the only one who can forgive,and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If you want to baptize every child on the planet and claim he or she is a Catholic,by all means AnthonyMN,but that does not replace the Holy Word,"Repent and be Baptized for the remission of your sins",Oh I wonder who said that? For one P E T E R the Apostle did,to the Jews who were standing outside of the Upper Room.
I do not believe for one minute that our Lord instituted infant baptism.His call to have the little ones come to Him,already proves that they are protected by the Spirit. The Jews dedicated their children to God,it was to plan their godly future.Repentance and Baptism applies to sinners in need of a Savior,it is Gospel,and as simple as that.Why change it to a whole institution of infant initiation,when in fact the Bible or New Testament to be exact never supported such a practice?
Dan, the bible supports it. The early Church taught it. I'm just trying to understand whether you think baptism itself, the water and the invocation actually conveys grace or not.
Clay

Warwick, RI

#480023 Oct 3, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>what difference does it make?
you still are inferring that the man is dead. and that aint Biblical.
That's how I interpret the verse. Who are you to say I'm wrong. How about I declare myself a super supreme Bishop Minister and excommunicate you from protestantland?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#480024 Oct 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's how I interpret the verse. Who are you to say I'm wrong. How about I declare myself a super supreme Bishop Minister and excommunicate you from protestantland?
I love Pizza Hut's Super Supreme...;O)
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#480025 Oct 3, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I am going to enlighten you on something and like the true catholic that you are, you will twist it.
[NOT EVERYTHING THAT IS WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE THAT SOMEONE SAYS IS NOT ALWAYS GOING TO BE THE TRUTH]
and ever Christian knows that.
and again, you lie when you say that Jesus told Ananias to baptize Paul, Jesus said not one word to him about baptizing Paul, so why don't you admit it.
6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

________

17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

Location hidden

#480026 Oct 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
________
17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.
don't you think that if Baptism was that important to the Salvation of Paul, that Jesus would have spoken it?

Location hidden

#480027 Oct 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU can interpret this verse any way that you wish.

what is important is what the verse says, not what it doesn't say. which is why you are a catholic and I am a Christian.

you aren't smart enough to understand English.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#480028 Oct 3, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>There was a news worthy article that surfaced in Britain about thousands of English,Irish,Welsh and Scottish citizens who renounced their birth baptism into the Church of England,Scotland and Wales(also Ireland). Although those people were agnostic or atheist,they did have the right to challenge such things,as they were not given the choice as infants to accept or reject the Anglican or Presbyterian churches.
God wants us to know what kind of a decision we are making,when considering conversion to His Holy Name!
Church of England:
2. What is baptism?
"Baptism marks the beginning of a journey with God which continues for the rest of our lives, the first step in response to God's love." It is also a celebration, a time to come together with family and friends; remembering that your child is loved by God, is part of a wider community and has a place with God's people..

Don't see where that makes them a member of the Church of England...However and but....any Catholic has the God given right to deny his forced membership.....if and when their eyes/ears are opened....

Location hidden

#480029 Oct 3, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>OX...no Never could I be His equal!
When you can see what is in my heart....you are equal...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#480030 Oct 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
gif freaked out on Regina thinking she'd used the term. Maybe you should tell gif it was you? I'm sure he'd give you a wink and a pass since you aren't a Catholic.
~~~

Could you define the words "freaked out" from the dictionary....

evidently your language is no better than the others...

Pro 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

Pro 25:9 Debate thy cause with thy neighbour himself; and discover not a secret to another:

Pro 25:10 Lest he that heareth it put thee to shame, and thine infamy turn not away.

Pro 25:11 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

Pro 25:12 As an earring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold, so is a wise reprover upon an obedient ear.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#480031 Oct 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
He,was alive ..I'm confused so I read it ..

Paul said his,soul was in Him. So it had not departed

Then it says they took him home alive ..

Now,only assuming Paul prayed to GOD to make Him well..But that makes,sense ..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#480032 Oct 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>

~~~

YOU WROTE

How about I declare myself a super supreme Bishop Minister and excommunicate you from protestantland?

___

APPARENTLY THAT IS WHAT YOUR POPE HAS ALREADY ATTEMPTED TO DO.

There is no scripture that declares the POPE to be a BISHOP...

YET FOR EONS

Each pope has...

stated its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the

only true church of Jesus Christ.

SCRIPTURALY .... He has no more AUTHORITY THAN YOU DO ..
Clay

Warwick, RI

#480033 Oct 3, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YOU can interpret this verse any way that you wish.
what is important is what the verse says, not what it doesn't say. which is why you are a catholic and I am a Christian.
you aren't smart enough to understand English.
So when Christ says to Peter: "I'll give you the keys to the kingdom of Heaven, whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven; whatever you lose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven",
He really didn't mean what we Catholics think?
What about when Jesus says, "this is my Body"?

See, you contradicted yourself. These verses are very clear, but you reject them.
2Tim 1:16-18 isn't quite as detailed. But we can use our God-given logic and draw the conclusion that Paul was speaking about a man who was no longer alive.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#480034 Oct 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, are you talking about Onesiphorus in 2 Timothy? St. Paul praying for the dead? If so, I just came across this which might help:

Onesiphorus and Paul’s Prayer for the Dead
http://www.catholic-convert.com/wp-content/up...

The article includes some quotes from protestants who interpret the passage the same way.

I've an Ignatius Catholic Study Bible here and Scott Hahn and Curtis Mitch also come to the same conclusion, that it's an early example of the Christian practice of praying for the dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Rednek 71,966
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 21 min Dang Jersey Piney 447,444
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Big Al 995,092
Black/White mindsets, relations, and fears in A... 1 hr Scooter 4
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 13
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 3 hr Big Al 136
Need good hookup adult dating sites 4 hr zan 4