Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,152)

Showing posts 463,021 - 463,040 of530,229
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
God's word exist today in the New Testament just as it did when DAVID WROTE IT IN THE OLD TESTAMENT
Psa_119:89 For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
YOU CALL GOD A LIAR AND REFUSE TO RECEIVE HIS WORD...
THE STUBBORNNESS OF YOUR OWN HEART COULD COST YOU YOUR ETERNAL SOUL..
The "WRITTEN WORD OF GOD" as we know it today (in the Bible) NEVER existed until the Early Church Fathers in 382,393, and 397AD interpreted the letters, documents, parchments and manuscripts from the Apostles, forming the "Canon of Scripture", giving all of us the TRUE INTERPRETATION of Gods Word (Old Testament and New Testament.......... We, as Catholics, know the TRUTH of Gods Word, given to us over 1500 years ago by the TRUE INTERPRETATION from the Early Church Fathers. Today (as it has for over 2000 years) the TRUE Word of God is begin taught,ministered, confirmed and instructed today in and through Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church....... We RECEIVE the TRUTH of Gods Word, each and every day, at Daily Mass, in the Eucharist (Jesus' TRUE Body and Blood and in the 7 Sacraments....... You have "consistently" shown all of us Catholics that you "refuse" to believe the TRUTH of the TRUE INTERPRETATION of Gods Word, by just "making up your own (editorialized) anti-catholic interpretation of Gods Word, from each bible verse that you list, as you "continue" to condemn and judge the faith of "any and all" Christians,(especially Catholics) because they don't agree with your "soap box" ministry!!.....You can't even find agreement with your own "personal interpretation" of the bible among the majority of other bible only Protestants on this forum......... You "fundies" NEVER stop arguing among yourselves as to what the true interpretation of (each verse) of the bible actually is!!........ I/we as Catholics will (continue) to rely on our TRUE Faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ,(as other Catholics have for the past 2000 years) in and through Our Lords One True Catholic Church.......... God is Our final judge!!!....... Not you, Confrinting, or ANY OTHER (self-appointed bible only Protestant preacher) who twists, manipulates and mis-interprets the TRUE Word of God and the TRUTH of TRUE Apostolic Church History, to make it mean "ONLY" what you/they want it to mean!!!!
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Some self righteous "Christians" are so clouded by the sin of a homosexual using a condom that that forget their Christian imperative to keep him alive so that he has a chance of repentance rather than lose his soul.The pope is theologically correct.
I did read what the Pope said about the obsessing over homosexuality and even abortion.What the pope failed to include,although he had some very good points,was that it is the DUTY of the Body of Christ to raise a standard against sin.That of course can be overdone,and wrongfully applied as well.

We have to be careful how we stand up against certain issues.But the statement"Be instant in season and out of season" also causes us to realize we do have a responsibility to speak out against the "giants" that encroach upon the whole society.

Homosexuality is a "giant" in our lifetime today.There is not one new show aired on TV that does not bring out a homosexual relationship. The world is doing this,so I am not saying they should not,because what the world does is already condemned in the Scriptures.But the believers have to be ready to take a stand which defends the daily life of each and everyone of us.Will the"giant" stop to just declare his or her own right to exist?We may all agree for the personal rights of individuals to exist,have a job they want without persecution,eat where they want to. But when they want to enter the classroom and demand that their lifestyle be promoted and taught to the very young,I believe we have the right to protest.

Same-sex marriage is a given,why? Well the world is biting at the bit to have it,the media is flaunting it continually,so it is soon to be the law of most countries to allow for such.But that does not mean the Body of Christ has to marry such individuals,nor go out of their way to accept the so called"sanctity of those unions".

Those Protestant groups or former Reformer churches who are promoting same-sex marriages by secretly marrying couples in states that have not passed the resolutions yet,are anathema to the Body of Christ.They have long gone their own way,to bring a curse upon their own heads.The reason why the reformer churches that have sold their souls to the devil,are doing these things,is because they are skeletons,no life,dead churches that glorify Man rather than God.They even mock God in their services.And they are empty for the most part,homosexual couples will bring more bodies,and children into their dead mausoleums.Their practices are so immersed in curses,that they are unaware that they are "ICHABOD" Which means:The glory of God has left us.

Ok so we can love homosexuals and be respectful to them,and that is without saying,as most believers are more than willing to love and respect others for the glory of Christ.But we do not have to run out of our way to make their path to receiving the curse of their own actions smoother,glossed over,comfortable.We are salt and light,and that requires pain and discomfort.

I eat lunch with a homosexual every day at work,there are times he wanted no doubt to throw me out of the room.It has not been easy for him to eat with me.But he wants me there for some reason!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the difference? The infant can reject Christ when they grow up anyway, and so can you. You seem to think your alter call automatically saved you. Therefore, its the will of God to have an adult do it?
If I'm Jesus, i want Two parent in the covenant of marriage, to bring their infant to get Baptized and raise them in the faith. that's the normal ideal way.
Most fundies I know, hit rock bottom with the booze and drugs, and then 'got saved'. Well, that's an awesome event either way, but is it the normal path God wills for us?
What's the difference?? An infant born again at baptism without the faith and knowledge of Jesus Christ. Only makes sense to a catholic Clay.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

<quoted text>You need to stay out of my relationship with Christ. Who said I don't live by his promise????? The harder you try to pull me away from Christ, the Harder He will pull me closer to Him. Your efforts are futile. Lord forgive them. They do not know what they are doing. Lord I will always look to you as my guide, especially when I encounter those who would use your Word to create sin- pride, wrath. You saved me from death. You can save me from these 2.I know this. Instead, Lord do not harm them. Conquer with your love and GUIDANCE.
Amen
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
PROPOSITION: Is Christian Baptism sacramental and regenerational or is it merely a symbol?
FACT: The vast majority of Christians (i.e. Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Anglicans, Lutherans, Methodists, etc.) believe that Baptism is regenerational -- that is to say, that the Sacrament itself transforms the person by "water and the Word," (cf. Eph 5:26) thus adopting that person into the Body of Christ and making that person a participant in the very same Sonship which Christ Himself enjoys with the Father (Romans 8:15-17, Galatians 4:6-7).
FACT: From earliest times, literally every Church Father and Christian bishop, as well as every orthodox Christian scholar until the Protestant reformation, understood Baptism as regenerational. This included Martin Luther and most of the Protestant reformers who followed him.
FACT: Yet, despite this, there are several Christian groups which deny that Baptism is regenerational, holding instead that it is merely an outward sign or symbol of one's inner faith in Christ. In this, they maintain that it is one's personal acceptance of Christ that matters; and that Baptism is no more than a ceremony in which one publicly proclaims and displays one's faith. Indeed, these same Christian groups believe that the doctrine of Baptismal regeneration is a corruption of what the Apostles preached, reducing the significance of this supposedly "symbolic ceremony" to the level of "magic" or "superstition." In this, they hold that only personal faith in Christ is of any importance and that "sprinkling water on someone's head" does absolutely nothing in and of itself.
Yet, can this position be correct? Well, to see, let's turn to the Scriptures themselves.
First of all, it must be said that there are many verses of Scripture which give the proponents of "symbolic Baptism" a great deal of trouble. These include:
1 Peter 3:21-22 --- "This prefigured Baptism, which saves you now. It is not a removal of dirt from the body, but an appeal to God for a clear conscious, through the Resurrection of Jesus Christ ..."
Acts 2:38 -- "Peter said to them,'Repent and be Baptized, every one of you, in the Name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.' "
Mark 16:16 -- "Whoever believes and is Baptized will be saved; whoever does not believe will be condemned."
So, aside from one's personal faith, the act of Baptism itself appears to be very important indeed. Those who hold that Baptism is merely symbolic cannot ignore this if they wish to take Scripture seriously.
cont.
save it
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Dan, I've always appreciated your sincerity.
Your welcome!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think this way, you have yet to support your position with facts.
Please provide a citation that states these individuals are "pro-Protestant" and anti-Catholic.
Read their personal history, and background! I took the time!! Obviously "you didn't"! Do your homework before you start "throwing out" anti-catholic rhetoric such as this...On the other hand------maybe you did, hoping, wishing, praying that NO ONE would take the time to "uncover" the anti-catholic (perpetrated) undermining intentions of these "so-called bible experts"!!! You are not "fooling me or any other Catholic with these "bible "hack" experts!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Acts 5:31 God exalted him at his right hand as Leader and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are witnesses to these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”

Acts 10:43 To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

Acts 26:18 To open their eyes that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may thus receive forgiveness and release from their sins and a place and portion among those who are consecrated and purified by faith in Me.

Acts 13:38 So let it be clearly known and understood by you, brethren, that through this Man forgiveness and removal of sins is now proclaimed to you;

**Interesting....Peter talking about forgiveness of sins and not once mentions baptism. Why do catholics ignore this?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said it (baptism) was salvific and necessary.
He commanded baptism.
Thanks.
You say infants are born again at baptism. Share with me your born again experience. thanks
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

2 Samuel 12:20-23

20 Then David got up from the ground. After he had washed, put on lotions and changed his clothes, he went into the house of the Lord and worshiped. Then he went to his own house, and at his request they served him food, and he ate.

21 His attendants asked him,“Why are you acting this way? While the child was alive, you fasted and wept, but now that the child is dead, you get up and eat!”

22 He answered,“While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept. I thought,‘Who knows? The Lord may be gracious to me and let the child live.’

23 But now that he is dead, why should I go on fasting? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me.”

VERSE 23.....

I will go to him.....David's infant....sinless...INNOCENT BLOOD.....

But,

he will NOT return to me....

Think about it!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

One other thing:

Did David's son go to a grave?

Yes....physical death....

Was David comforted?

Yes, he was....WHY?

What comfort could there be to David to say he would join his son in the grave?

Think about it!!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ox ..it's not ours to judge ANYONE'S testimony or or relationship
With Our Saviour .
God's place
Did I judge his testimony or his relationship with Christ???

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
Ah! So, it was not merely this woman's faith. Rather, it was the woman's faith in combination with a very real power bestowed by Jesus. Thus, how can we say that Baptism is any different???
For example, would the proponents of "symbolic Baptism" suggest that the Lord's power to heal was somehow "magical" or "superstitious"? I doubt they would.:-) Yet, that is exactly what they say in regard to Baptismal regeneration.
Yet, didn't Jesus commission His disciples to Baptize in His name (Matt 28:19)? Just as he commissioned them to heal and cast out demons in His name, right?:-)
So, then, if Jesus' miracles (and those of His disciples) were acts of regeneration, so is His Sacrament of Baptism. Indeed, it cannot be otherwise, UNLESS
(a) One wishes to say that Jesus possessed no personal power to heal or perform miracles, but that these miracles were merely "psychosomatic" responses from those who believed in Him, OR...
(b) Despite Mark 2:1-12, etc., Jesus' healing miracles had no connection to the forgiveness of sins (and, thus, Jesus made people physically whole while leaving them spiritually alienated from the Father -- a ridiculous proposition).
Yet, if one takes either of these positions, one must also be willing to ignore the Scriptures (viz. Mark 2:1-12 & Mark 5:30).
As for the orthodox Christian understanding of Baptism (that of Baptismal regeneration), we recognize that Christ still touches people through the ministry of His Church. In this, we recognize that two things are necessary for salvation:
(1) Christ's free offer of salvation, and ...
(2) Our willing acceptance of this free offer of salvation.
If this were not the case (i.e. if #2 above was not necessary), then everyone who ever existed would have been automatically saved when Jesus died on the Cross (1 Tim 2:4). And it is in the realm of #2 which our faith comes in.
Yet,#1 is also an intimate reality for those of us who understand the Traditional doctrine of Baptismal regeneration. In this, Christ does not merely offer us salvation through a promise made 2000 years ago. Rather, He offers it to us in personal intimacy through the Sacrament of His Church. And, through this Sacrament, He touches us directly, just as He directly touched the paralytic and the woman with the hemorrhage. And, thus, in Baptism, we have
(1) Christ's healing power, through the ministry of His Body (the Church), touching us and making us whole, and ...
(2) Our faith in Christ moving us to accept this healing power.
And this is how Christ takes us unto Himself.
So, according to the Scriptures, Baptism is regenerational, sacramental, and intrinsic to one's acceptance of Christ. For, as the Lord says, it cannot be otherwise:
"Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit." -- John 3:5
Mark J. Bonocore
http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/a25.htm
HOWEVER you believe . It's,says,repent ...And be baptized,..Anthony

The man had,Faith ..'re woman had Faith. JESUS,Saved them and Wales them BECAUSE OF THEIR FAIH...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

<quoted text>You need to stay out of my relationship with Christ. Who said I don't live by his promise????? The harder you try to pull me away from Christ, the Harder He will pull me closer to Him. Your efforts are futile. Lord forgive them. They do not know what they are doing. Lord I will always look to you as my guide, especially when I encounter those who would use your Word to create sin- pride, wrath. You saved me from death. You can save me from these 2.I know this. Instead, Lord do not harm them. Conquer with your love and GUIDANCE.
You are welcome to follow your meology...I will follow the Word of God:

Christians do not seek the guidance of Christ...no need...we rely on, accept, and live by His promise:
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Evidently you don't live by His Word....
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Chuck wrote:
Acts 5:31 God exalted him at his right hand as Leader and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are witnesses to these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”
Acts 10:43 To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”
Acts 26:18 To open their eyes that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may thus receive forgiveness and release from their sins and a place and portion among those who are consecrated and purified by faith in Me.
Acts 13:38 So let it be clearly known and understood by you, brethren, that through this Man forgiveness and removal of sins is now proclaimed to you;
**Interesting....Peter talking about forgiveness of sins and not once mentions baptism. Why do catholics ignore this?
Not sure why do you think these verses supersede the ones where he does equate baptism with forgiving sins.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the difference?? An infant born again at baptism without the faith and knowledge of Jesus Christ. Only makes sense to a catholic Clay.
Aside from dedication,very little fruit of real conversion is apparent from infant baptism. Unless a child is taught well about what Christ is able to do in their precious life,baptism of the infant fails the doctrinal concept.The New Testament n e v e r supports infant baptism as the N O R M for the Body of Christ.

We see that Repentance always came first than the believers responded to their testimony of conversion by publicly being baptized.That is New Testament.The glib referral of maybe a baby being baptized in a household does not supersede the reality of what happened in the first century and recorded in the ACTS of the Apostles.For the Body of Christ to completely override the believer's baptism with Infant baptism is not Scriptural.Tradition and customs,and human reasoning replaced the Scriptures.

It is human reasoning that has made a doctrine out of infant baptism.A repentant soul who yields to the Living God,responds to the call of the Holy Spirit,follows his or her Lord to the waters of Baptism.And what is just as important and rarely spoken of is the Baptism of the Holy Spirit,missed by many in the Body of Christ,because they are arguing over semantics,and what the Holy Spirit might do.What the Holy Spirit does to us when He anoints us is His business,human reasoning matters zilch.The fact is we all need to be baptized in the Spirit of Christ to live out our lives in faith.Even at 65,I want all that the Spirit wants me to have to live for HIM!
yTube

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST______

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the difference? The infant can reject Christ when they grow up anyway, and so can you. You seem to think your alter call automatically saved you. Therefore, its the will of God to have an adult do it?
If I'm Jesus, i want Two parent in the covenant of marriage, to bring their infant to get Baptized and raise them in the faith. that's the normal ideal way.
Most fundies I know, hit rock bottom with the booze and drugs, and then 'got saved'. Well, that's an awesome event either way, but is it the normal path God wills for us?
CLAY

READ MY answer to CIB..we,were,taught THEN ...if you are Catholic You cannot go non Catholic..because your gift is,Catholic Faith ...

AND I KNOW,FOR SURE THIS,IS,WHAT I WAS,TAUGHT
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
HOWEVER you believe . It's,says,repent ...And be baptized,..Anthony
The man had,Faith ..'re woman had Faith. JESUS,Saved them and Wales them BECAUSE OF THEIR FAIH...
Acts 2:38 - Peter says to the multitude, "Repent and be baptized.." Protestants use this verse to prove one must be a believer (not an infant) to be baptized. But the Greek translation literally says, "If you repent, then each one who is a part of you and yours must each be baptized”(“Metanoesate kai bapistheto hekastos hymon.”) This, contrary to what Protestants argue, actually proves that babies are baptized based on their parents’ faith. This is confirmed in the next verse.

Acts 2:39 - Peter then says baptism is specifically given to children as well as adults.“Those far off” refers to those who were at their “homes”(primarily infants and children). God's covenant family includes children. The word "children" that Peter used comes from the Greek word "teknon" which also includes infants.

Acts 16:30-33 - it was only the adults who were candidates for baptism that had to profess a belief in Jesus. This is consistent with the Church's practice of instructing catechumens before baptism. But this verse does not support a "believer's baptism" requirement for everyone. See Acts 16:15,33. The earlier one comes to baptism, the better. For those who come to baptism as adults, the Church has always required them to profess their belief in Christ. For babies who come to baptism, the Church has always required the parents to profess the belief in Christ on behalf of the baby. But there is nothing in the Scriptures about a requirement for ALL baptism candidates to profess their own belief in Christ (because the Church has baptized babies for 2,000 years).

Acts 16:33 - Paul baptized the jailer (an adult) and his entire household (which had to include children). Baptism is never limited to adults and those of the age of reason. See also Luke 19:9; John 4:53; Acts 11:14; 1 Cor. 1:16; and 1 Tim. 3:12; Gen. 31:41; 36:6; 41:51; Joshua 24:15; 2 Sam. 7:11, 1 Chron. 10:6 which shows “oikos” generally includes children.

http://scripturecatholic.com/baptism.html#bap...

“Greatest Love”

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I think that it is great you have a church that gives you that security from its age of existence,but the church is not about a traditional existence,of buildings,tapestries,ceremonie s,pomp,and most of all occupancy. It is about believers who are connected with Christ,and doing the Will of His Father.The parable of the hirelings proves that.No matter who was hired first,the ones who were hired last still received the same wage as those who were hired first,and those past complained that the Master of the estate was unfair in how he paid those who came later.
It is what God is doing N O W that matters.He is raising up giant killers today,and whether he uses you Catholics,or we evangelicals,He still has to fortify us both with His Holy Spirit.We all need His anointing,and claiming you are the true church and God's Spirit is first exclusive to you,is no better than those complainers in the parable of the fieldworkers.It is quite obvious from the powerful move of God in all denominations today,that He wants to use as many as will listen to His voice,OBEY Him and do the very works that Please Him for the glory of His kingdom. If He wants to use an evangelical who is yielded to him,or a Catholic,Orthodox,or even a Presbyterian,He will.
All Christians have the credentials in Christ to do His Will and to follow in His footsteps!
Amen

He,Uses,US,all..in His,will...he has,for centuries used non Catholics .

Even those,disciples,spreading His,word in the,Alps.....simply as,the,disciples taught them...

In the,Reformation ..in Early American settlers,growing their Children in Christ ..

Priests, ministers,missionaries,..lay people .

Anywhere,..spreading God's,teaching ...as we,were instructed by the,GREAT COMMISSION.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 463,021 - 463,040 of530,229
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

598 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Teach your children to be LEERY of strangers 2 min Doctor REALITY 6
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Proxy Queen 716,871
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 14 min razz58 319
2001 Ford F-150 5.4 Rough Idle (Nov '08) 18 min scollins 24
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min trifecta1 598,782
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 22 min RiccardoFire 93,241
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 23 min An NFL Fan 114,683
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 41 min HipGnozizzz 171,476
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 47 min Aura Mytha 223,260