Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
462,981 - 463,000 of 532,664 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
I only post through him he is a legalistic fool IMO, he has tried to refute posts of mine that he says were from Webster when they were not and then posts links to RC debaters arguing against James White.
He has never read one book, and most likely even a chapter of Early church fathers writings from which he posts quotes to support his RC man made tradition, he can only regurgitate RCC brain washing and propaganda. He has never on his own verified the context he blindly accepts what ever they tell him with out testing like a Bereans that the Apostle Paul exhorts as of high character.
I was raised in a Luther congregation, at 17th when I was allowed in Adult Bible study I started to ask questions because I had read my Bible and NOT one example of Infant Baptism could I find still can't find because its not there.
Why because you have to believe in Jesus the Christ as your Lord and Savior, you have to confess this, and you have to be able to repent.
So I asked my pastor how can this be with an infant??
He can't nor can a RC or anybody else who asserts infant baptism.
AT that time My Mom who is rasied in the Mennonite denomination while growing up who's family escaped Holland during the reformation,

Anthony's pride just can't at this time allow him to admit he made a big mistake.

(Sorry, I had to snip your post for space)
CIB,

Nice post.

God wants us to do every thing from our hearts....even obeying the COMMANDS of Jesus Christ....

When a person HEARS the Word of God and believes the Word of God, they are pricked from their heart.....

Confession comes from their heart which produces repentance for their sins.....godly sorrow for the wrongs they have done against God.....

What comes then? Baptism.....WASH is the key word....

Psalm 51:2

2 Wash away all my iniquity (SIN)
and cleanse me from my sin.

There is a cleansing going on in baptism....

Who is working in the baptism and for what reason?

John 13:8

8 “No,” said Peter,“you shall never wash my feet.”

Jesus answered,“Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.”

***Peter said..."you shall NEVER wash my feet."

IMPORTANT: Jesus answered, "Unless I WASH you, you have NO PART WITH ME."

WOW!!!

What will happen if we are NOT WASHED in our baptism?

YOU HAVE <<<NO>>> PART WITH ME!!!

To me, those are very harsh WORDS from Jesus.....

1 Corinthians 6:10-11

10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

***And that is what some of you were....THEY WERE IN SIN....

Then, they were WASHED....SANCTIFIED....JUSTIF IED....baptized in the name of Jesus AND by the SPIRIT of our God....

1 Peter 3:21

21 and this water symbolizes baptism that <<<NOW>>> saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

***NOW is used in present tense.....

***Body (flesh) is NOT in this cleaning.....

***Soul.....PLEDGE OF A CLEAR CONSCIENCE TOWARD GOD.....by the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ....

Colossians 2:12

12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the <<<working of God,>>> who raised him from the dead.

Who is at work?

Working of God!!!

There is also a gift involved!

Acts 2:38

38 Peter replied,“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you WILL RECEIVE the gift of the Holy Spirit.

***YOU WILL RECEIVE the gift of the Holy Spirit.....powerful words....

Can an infant/child understand this?

Of course not....they have to be taught.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

<quoted text>
Not true in the least, no true in 100AD not true in 1000 AD or 1500AD or 2013AD
They did not Baptize them because they chose Jesus as Lord and Savior that happened when they came of age and then by immersion not sprinkling and usually in a river.
Sprinkling at birth was in many cases simply a dedication a promise to raise the child in the faith, it was a public promise to fellow believers that they would raise the child in the faith and was a way of declaring to the congregation that they were making themselves accountable to them to do so.
YOU clearly have never read or studied history you are regurgitating what someone told you not that which you investigated and found out on your own because it is simply not true.
Start investigating on your own.
CIB,

When the Israelites emerged from that water from the Red Sea, wasn't their situation entirely new (different?)

Weren't they dependent on God alone after that?

Of course they were....

Did God provided for them?

Of course, He did.....

When we are born again, our dependence is on God.....

He freed us from the bondage of sin.....

Of course not.....he has to be taught.....

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church is THE (one and ONLY) historically and biblically PROVEN TRUE CHURCH------however---it is NOT the ONLY CHURCH!! We, as Catholics will "continue" to put our faith, hope and trust in Jesus Christ in the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the TRUTH (each and every day) at Daily Mass, in the Eucharist (Our Lords TRUE body and TRUE Blood), in the 7Sacraments,(Confession), and in the TRUE intrepretation of Gods Word in the Bible, in and through HIS One True Catholic Church........ You can continue to put your faith, "in quoting your bible verses"!
God's word exist today in the New Testament just as it did when DAVID WROTE IT IN THE OLD TESTAMENT

Psa_119:89 For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

YOU CALL GOD A LIAR AND REFUSE TO RECEIVE HIS WORD...

THE STUBBORNNESS OF YOUR OWN HEART COULD COST YOU YOUR ETERNAL SOUL..

Pro 8:33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.

Pro 8:34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

Pro 8:35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.

Pro 8:36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Heb 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
CIB,
When the Israelites emerged from that water from the Red Sea, wasn't their situation entirely new (different?)
Weren't they dependent on God alone after that?
Of course they were....
Did God provided for them?
Of course, He did.....
When we are born again, our dependence is on God.....
He freed us from the bondage of sin.....
Of course not.....he has to be taught.....
~~~

Jesus compared the KINGDOM OF GOD TO LITTLE CHILDREN..

Mat_19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

IF LITTLE CHILDREN ARE SINNERS...THEN WHAT OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

IS IT FULL OF SIN TOO...

JESUS ALSO SAID AND USED THEM AS AN EXAMPLE OF THE FAITH OF BELIEVERS..

Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Luk_18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Creator not created anyone for suffering.
no
-its exist very low organization
-its exist very high organization
for ruin every person and family

You not convince me ..who try set up many things as well why?!
Your law is not my law.

My God died there
where
INRI
my body lags hands mind be complete there
not pain exist as pain of Cross
crown pain too
no any pain exist in highlights degree as pain of Crown

its universal pain
if you can resist that pain
i resist
i am alive as i am today..

not any diploma or document can be relevant as truthful without personal experience..

-there is a no Mercy
-there is a no law
-there is not love
-there is a suffering
on INRI
there everything is complete

Love your God with body and mind!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

sorry for the double posts...I don't know what happened....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Mat_19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
IS IT FULL OF SIN TOO...
Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
Luk_18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.
~~~

THE SCRIPTURES WERE WRITTEN FOR OUR INSTRUCTIONS AND COMFORT...

Rom 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

<quoted text>
I only post through him he is a legalistic fool IMO, he has tried to refute posts of mine that he says were from Webster when they were not and then posts links to RC debaters arguing against James White.
He has never read one book, and most likely even a chapter of Early church fathers writings from which he posts quotes to support his RC man made tradition, he can only regurgitate RCC brain washing and propaganda. He has never on his own verified the context he blindly accepts what ever they tell him with out testing like a Bereans that the Apostle Paul exhorts as of high character.
I was raised in a Luther congregation, at 17th when I was allowed in Adult Bible study I started to ask questions because I had read my Bible and NOT one example of Infant Baptism could I find still can't find because its not there.
Why because you have to believe in Jesus the Christ as your Lord and Savior, you have to confess this, and you have to be able to repent.
So I asked my pastor how can this be with an infant??
He can't nor can a RC or anybody else who asserts infant baptism.
AT that time My Mom who is rasied in the Mennonite denomination while growing up who's family escaped Holland during the reformation, because the RCC was burning them at the stake, my ancestors, and those dutch who were having adult baptisms, she has the decrees that have been passed down to her and one day I will have one day. Yes the one true yadda yadda via Papal Bull burned those who believe as I do at the stake, and had it not been for the martyrs of the reformation the Fascists none as RC POPES would still be in power burning those who disagree with them today.
I have studied and found out that in many cases when infants were Baptized in the early church by recent Father and Mother converts it was done as a dedication to signify to the public they were going to raise the child in the faith and the child when he or she came of age and could confess Jesus as Lord and savior on of their own volition would be baptized in accordance with their will.
This is the truest meaning of the scriptures which is God does not violate our will and allows us to accept him willingly.
He does not point a gun to our head and say love me. He allows us to willingly love him or not. He gives us the choice unlike the RCC which for hundreds of years forced people to be christian.
What is really absurd and I know this first hand is what the RCC does in Brazil.
If a parent baptizes their infant child in the RCC and the child never enters a RCC church ever again they will still count that human being as RC. Even in the case of person who writes the RCC in Brazil not do this, who has had an adult baptism in their Christian sect of choice they still count them.
So when they now say 65% of Brazil is RC that is very misleading for that reason alone.
As Roman Catholic nations become literate and have access to ancient texts, writings the flood is on to evangelical bible believing sects as is the Brazilian example.
95% RC in 87 and now only 65% 2013 and that number is highly suspect.
Anthony's pride just can't at this time allow him to admit he made a big mistake.
CIB,

I forgot to mention.....look about this verse again....

John 13:8

8 “No,” said Peter,“you shall never wash my feet.”

Jesus answered,“Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.”

There is physical here, and,

There is spiritual here....

Peter said...."you shall never wash my feet."

feet....physical...FLESH.....

Jesus said....."unless I WASH you, you have no part with me."

Wash you...spiritual...soul....you have NO part with me....

Spiritual...baptism puts us "into Christ".....if we are NOT baptized "into Christ," we will have NO part with Him.....

Again, an infant/child has to be taught these things.....
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

We know who wash hands from Jesus as well many righteousness people.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>unless you are Born Again, you could read and read the Bible million times and never come to an understanding of it. as You JUST SHOWED.
the [shedding of blood] for a sin sacrifice has nothing to do with a knowledge of catholicism,
it has to do with knowing God.
Who are you to say that Catholics are not "born again"?
It only makes you look like a pompous @ss.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they claim they are born again at baptism. Which for most was done when then were a few months old. That is not scriptural so that is why Preston may be skeptical.

And with that mouth, you definitely are catholic huh? Your catholic sister Regina talks the same way.

Cuss during the week and show up at church on Sunday. Oh yes the catholic way!!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

SERVE YOUR EVIL NOT MEEEEEEEEEEEE

Satan go away from me.

silky smooth skin is part of design

i walk i talk its bring me instantly with light

wounds open
they liked died but can't

not lift up your spirit in vain
for smooth silky skin
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
IS IT FULL OF SIN TOO...
GIF,

You wrote:

Jesus compared the KINGDOM OF GOD TO LITTLE CHILDREN

Why???

Because of their INNOCENT BLOOD....

Innocent Blood.....

naqiy

clean, free from, exempt, clear, innocent

free from guilt, clean, innocent

free from punishment

free or exempt from obligations

innocent

Psalm 106:38

38 They shed innocent blood,
the blood of their sons and daughters,
whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan,
and the land was desecrated by their blood.

Infants/children have INNOCENT BLOOD....
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they claim they are born again at baptism. Which for most was done when then were a few months old. That is not scriptural so that is why Preston may be skeptical.
And with that mouth, you definitely are catholic huh? Your catholic sister Regina talks the same way.
Cuss during the week and show up at church on Sunday. Oh yes the catholic way!!
Stop pretending your farts don't stink. There is nothing more obvious on this thread than the fact that the more anti-Catholic someone is, the more they reak of dung as they go about with their holier than thou attitudes.
Get real.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Which means you do pray to Mary and other dead people...opposite of what the Word of God teaches...
Christians do not seek the guidance of Christ...no need...we rely on, accept, and live by His promise:
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
You need to stay out of my relationship with Christ. Who said I don't live by his promise????? The harder you try to pull me away from Christ, the Harder He will pull me closer to Him. Your efforts are futile. Lord forgive them. They do not know what they are doing. Lord I will always look to you as my guide, especially when I encounter those who would use your Word to create sin- pride, wrath. You saved me from death. You can save me from these 2.I know this. Instead, Lord do not harm them. Conquer with your love and GUIDANCE.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 6:45 for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

You said there's a lot of wacky new ideas floating around

lol...can you grasp Luke 6:45
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

'verything will past my words not'
How many prophet you accuse abuse rest prosecuted and killed?

Jesus Christ words is perfect.

it is written
from beginning tribe against tribe
nation against nation
people against people

it is written
Who try dived?..red see and so on

I say to you what Holy Scripture say!

Lucifer watch creation and liked be bigger then God
but fall.
desire to have and know
mosess divided red sea
commandments is
-not to wish
your desire is wish to have power and more production
against who and what asked your leaders

Jesus say
I come fulfill your Law>

INRI
my body lags hands mind be there on INRI
not pain exist as universal pain

-there is a no law
-there is a not love
-there is a no Mercy
-there is a suffering
everything there is complite

by

n
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop pretending your farts don't stink. There is nothing more obvious on this thread than the fact that the more anti-Catholic someone is, the more they reak of dung as they go about with their holier than thou attitudes.
Get real.
Instead of playing the victim, may you can prove catholic doctrine..thanks
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Get real.
The difference between you and I is the fact I can prove what I believe with God's Word. You can't and when you can't, you play the victim.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Truth wrote:
sorry for the double posts...I don't know what happened....
LOL....

Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

540 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 min shyam 4,647
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min stupid is not a disease 720,699
ANR virgin looking for my first big breast LDN ... 10 min RRLDN82 1
Last Word + 2 14 min andet1987 59
Anyone Up for Skype Sex? 19 min wooddee 5
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 20 min An NFL Fan 115,038
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min Charlie Sheen 256,461
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lyndi 172,348
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr bbbbbb 73