Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675539 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#479945 Oct 3, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Anthony. You've always had the backs of your Catholic brothers and sisters on this forum, always standing up for us when we're being unjustly attacked, and I appreciate it so much. For my part, I've always felt that that was important and have tried to do the same ever since coming to this board. Back when there were more Catholics posting here, everyone did. Since John's name has already been brought up, I'll say that he did also. I remember it well and it made a big difference in how we were treated. It all comes down to doing the right thing no matter what anyone thinks of you. Standing up against injustice usually doesn't make one popular, which seems to suddenly be a big concern. Making nice isn't necessarily the same thing as promoting peace. I'm very surprised at one person in particular who is making that mistake. I can't tell you how disappointed how I am in him. I'll leave it at that. God bless you, Anthony. Take care of yourself.
And God Bless you too Regina. The one thing I wish more than anything about this thread is that we could have considerate and respectful dialogue and share our faith without personal insults and hard feelings. There are those here who when they feel their beliefs about what the bible says are challenged, or start questioning themselves as to whether they really get it right, start lashing out with insults and attacks, posting priest abuse stories, scream in capital letters that we are going to hell, accuse us of pagan idol worship, you know the story. These are people who are weak in their faith. I pray they can open their hearts and minds and consider us fellow Christians. If not, well, we know in Whom we take refuge. Pax Christi.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#479946 Oct 3, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the posts that I have made have come directly from him on this forum and the numbers are given.
he says that you catholics are liars.
and we see no evidence to the contrary. I believe he was speaking the truth. he knew catholicism was a false religion and that your church left the TRUTH in 1054 which is exactly what others have said on this forum.
I loved it when GIF spoke about your church being the FIRST protestant church, however your church is made up of liars like clay and dumb tennis bums like HOJO.and it is DOOMED to destruction by Jesus some day.AMEN!!!!
lol. Dream on preston...and keep strokin' that ego, lol.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#479947 Oct 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it lying when you say that God placed a fertilized egg in Mary's womb and she was therefore just an incubator, or that Annanias decided on his own to tell St. Paul that baptism would wash away his sins? Or is it just your personal bias trying to change the true meaning of scripture to fit your theology?
lol. ignorance is one of your virtues, isn't it?

an embryo is not a fertilized egg(so don't go there if you don't understand simple Biological terms).

and ananias had to have said that on his own since I have showed you a million or more times that Jesus never said anything like that to him concerning paul. now you show me where jesus says to Ananias to baptize Paul. ACTS CHAPTER 9

And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.

11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,

12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.

15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

you see, I am not like you and clay, first I am not stupid, second I don't lie and make up things that are not in the Bible for all to read.
Clay

Warwick, RI

#479948 Oct 3, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over it Clay. Next time I'll say open your mouth. Will that make you feel better?
lol yeah that's better, you also called her stupid though. I was raised to show some respect towards ladies. Preston must be your pastor.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479949 Oct 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that clarification. Correct, Paul prayed for a dead man. Not to him.
Could you correct Preston on that? He doesn't seem to be interpreting 2Tim 1:16 correctly. Onesiphorus was deceased.
You misunderstood me, Clay.....

Read my other post.....

Clay, if he was dead, why didn't Paul offer words of comfort to the family?
chuck

Dublin, OH

#479950 Oct 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And God Bless you too Regina. The one thing I wish more than anything about this thread is that we could have considerate and respectful dialogue and share our faith without personal insults and hard feelings. There are those here who when they feel their beliefs about what the bible says are challenged, or start questioning themselves as to whether they really get it right, start lashing out with insults and attacks, posting priest abuse stories, scream in capital letters that we are going to hell, accuse us of pagan idol worship, you know the story. These are people who are weak in their faith. I pray they can open their hearts and minds and consider us fellow Christians. If not, well, we know in Whom we take refuge. Pax Christi.
Tony you seem like the go to catholic on this forum. I need your assistance. Look at this post to you from yesterday with Just Sayin replying to it.

This was my post to Anthony:
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
wow...all this without Christ. Just like my family and friends...you are lost Tony.
God's Word says without the shredding of blood there is no remission of sins. The 4 basic gifts mention are receive because the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
Christ means nothing to you people. All your faith is in your pope and your church.

and Just Sayin reply to me:
There's a lot of wacky new ideas floating around, but this one is new to me:
"God's Word says without the shredding of blood..."

**Obviously making fine of my typo on "shredding" but Regina said he picked up on my hypocrisy.

Is it obvious to you that Just Sayin was making fun of my spelling.

Regina said he pointed out my hypocrisy. How do you see it?

**Your the guy who always talks about sticking up for folk...here's your chance.
truth

Claremont, Australia

#479951 Oct 3, 2013
Dear God
Did you see that shape of face?
its stay front of me..
must be his head have light and looking trough eye as pyramid projection..within pyramid is cylinder
inside as within..
its as map
northern constellation milky way..
Why I drove that?

I am very tired.
Clay

Warwick, RI

#479952 Oct 3, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the posts that I have made have come directly from him on this forum and the numbers are given.
he says that you catholics are liars.
and we see no evidence to the contrary. I believe he was speaking the truth. he knew catholicism was a false religion and that your church left the TRUTH in 1054 which is exactly what others have said on this forum.
I loved it when GIF spoke about your church being the FIRST protestant church, however your church is made up of liars like clay and dumb tennis bums like HOJO.and it is DOOMED to destruction by Jesus some day.AMEN!!!!
You said our Church left the truth in 1054. I take that as a confession on your part, that the Orthodox faith is the truth??
I presume you think the Eucharist is truth? Well, you need a sacramental priesthood for that. Anyway, let me know when you'll be getting baptized into the truth of the Orthodox faith, which is allot better than where you're at now!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#479953 Oct 3, 2013
Paul also rebuked Peter

Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch

this verse is a clear indicator that the catholics are caught in another of their lies when they say hat peter was the first bishop of Antioch.

there was already a church established and Paul rebuked peter when peter showed up.

strange that Paul could rebuke a bishop already established and a man called heir first pope.

even tho Peter made mistakes and was forgiven by jesus, he was not lowered in the office that was given to him, for the Bible is clear that the Gifts and [calling] are without repentance.

the catholics have been told so many lies by their clergy that like clay, they don't know if they are coming or going.

Peter was an Apostle and even john knew that he was not lowered from that high office into being a Bishop
chuck

Dublin, OH

#479954 Oct 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
lol yeah that's better, you also called her stupid though. I was raised to show some respect towards ladies. Preston must be your pastor.
Coming from a guy who calls people an idiot...don't mean much Clay.

You should feel good about this. I call you a clown and not stupid.

She has cussed on this forum, I called her out on it and she knows it. Have you said something to her. It doesn't matter if you saw it, she did it. Will you say something to her?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#479955 Oct 3, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Why would I share with you my testimony?
You ask people to do this so you can go on with ranting about how wrong they are and how right you are.You take the good and convert to evil.I do not take something that is sacred and put it before evil that intends it harm. I guard it as a treasure.Get off of sacred ground. Do not defile what Jesus has given me or anyone else
1 Peter 5:8
King James Version (KJV)
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
Psalms 10:9
He lieth in wait secretly as a lion in his den: he lieth in wait to catch the poor: he doth catch the poor, when he draweth him into his net.
I am right...you have no testimony...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#479956 Oct 3, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
I talked to John, on the phone, several times. Your fantasy about what he thought is just that...a fantasy, lol. You need to leave him alone, he's got better things to do than be invloved in our petty squabbles.
Speaking of the Word of God, neither you nor Kay, who reject the sacramental nature of baptism (and which John of course agreed with Catholics), are able to explain Gal. 3:27. Why is that?

------
Anthony: Sola scripturists are accused of taking bits and pieces of scripture to form their doctrines. I suggest that you read the whole third chapter of Galatians.

Gal 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, OR BY THE HEARING OF FAITH?
Gal 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Gal 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:6 Even as ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS ACCOUNTED TO HIM FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen THROUGH FAITH, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:9 So then THEY WHICH BE OF FAITH are blessed with faithful Abraham.
Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Gal 3:15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
Gal 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
Gal 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
Gal 3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
Gal 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Great chapter on faith...and good works, including baptism, FOLLOW FAITH. Jesus said that, "He that believes AND is baptized shall be saved." Baptism is necessary...but one who does not receive Christ by faith first, is just a wet sinner.

KayMarie
truth

Claremont, Australia

#479957 Oct 3, 2013
you speak nothing at all

all of you try play God

find
'if i need i will remove you all
who say that
not me

in matrix is error
don't represent my name on most evil way
decivers and posessors
nothing to do with me

liars as well

they try used my name in vain
heaven=neva eh

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyy
when destruction come don't tell me its we everything for you
could you imagen corupt representation

in matrix is so long error
deceivers and possessors

they are nothing at all

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#479958 Oct 3, 2013
who="Clay "
Well, as with any verse in the Bible, a sola scripturist can look and see whatever they desire.
The Holy Spirit guides the born agains to truth you say? lol. I don't think so. I read the nightly conversations amongst you all. You can't agree on half the theology, yet you masquerade as being in the same fold?
Onesiphorus is dead. Paul speaks of him as if he's giving his eulogy at his funeral. Past tense.
You have no business telling me any different. I read it and that's what I see.
fyi, it matters not if protestants oppose that verse. Obviously they need to. in fact, they need to oppose LOTS of verses, so they do. I also am aware that some Protestants agree with me that Paul prayed for a deceased man. Now what? Who's to decide?

--------
Paul neither prayed FOR OR TO the man. He laid down and embraced him as Elijah did the boy he raised from the dead. He declared...as Jesus did of Jairus' daughter...that,'his life is in him'.

Act 20:10 And Paul went down, and fell on him, and embracing him said, Trouble not yourselves; for his life is in him.
Act 20:11 When he therefore was come up again, and had broken bread, and eaten, and talked a long while, even till break of day, so he departed.
Act 20:12 And they brought the young man alive, and were not a little comforted.

KayMarie
truth

Claremont, Australia

#479959 Oct 3, 2013
corupt posessors as they are been before

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

if i need i will destroy all of you
who say that
not me

evillllllllllllllllllll
truth

Claremont, Australia

#479960 Oct 3, 2013
in this city nothing exist
as well entire universe will be destroy

more you produce anger within me
certainly comeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee
marge

Leesburg, GA

#479961 Oct 3, 2013
Question: "Is baptism necessary for salvation? What is baptismal regeneration?"

Answer: Baptismal regeneration is the belief that a person must be baptized in order to be saved. It is our contention that baptism is an important step of obedience for a Christian, but we adamantly reject baptism as being required for salvation. We strongly believe that each and every Christian should be water baptized by immersion. Baptism illustrates a believer’s identification with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. Romans 6:3-4 declares,“Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” The action of being immersed in the water illustrates dying and being buried with Christ. The action of coming out of the water pictures Christ’s resurrection.

Requiring anything in addition to faith in Jesus Christ for salvation is a works-based salvation. To add anything to the gospel is to say that Jesus' death on the cross was not sufficient to purchase our salvation. To say we must be baptized in order to be saved is to say we must add our own good works and obedience to Christ's death in order to make it sufficient for salvation. Jesus' death alone paid for our sins (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus' payment for our sins is appropriated to our “account” by faith alone (John 3:16; Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8-9). Therefore, baptism is an important step of obedience after salvation but cannot be a requirement for salvation.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/baptism-salvation...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#479962 Oct 3, 2013
Baptismal regeneration is not a biblical concept. Baptism does not save from sin but from a bad conscience. In 1 Peter 3:21, Peter clearly taught that baptism was not a ceremonial act of physical purification, but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. Baptism is the symbol of what has already occurred in the heart and life of one who has trusted Christ as Savior (Romans 6:3-5; Galatians 3:27; Colossians 2:12). Baptism is an important step of obedience that every Christian should take. Baptism cannot be a requirement for salvation. To make it such is an attack on the sufficiency of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/baptism-salvation...
Human Being

Church Point, LA

#479963 Oct 3, 2013
marge wrote:
Question: "What does the Bible say about praying to / speaking to the dead?"
Answer: Praying to the dead is strictly forbidden in the Bible. Deuteronomy 18:11 tells us that anyone who “consults with the dead” is “detestable to the Lord.” The story of Saul consulting a medium to bring up the spirit of the dead Samuel resulted in his death “because he was unfaithful to the LORD; he did not keep the word of the LORD and even consulted a medium for guidance”(1 Samuel 28:1-25; 1 Chronicles 10:13-14). Clearly, God has declared that such things are not to be done.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/praying-to-the-de...
marge

Peace

The question is always raised then, why did Jesus talk to the dead, especially to Elijah and Moses on the Mount of Transfiguration?(Remember Jesus commanded Lazarus to be raised?)

If you make Jesus the exception to the rule, then there is no raising of the dead.

Generally what you and others have is a phobia, a good phobia against consulting with the dead in pursuit of selfish ends, which includes clairvoyance, tarot cards, casting runes, I Ching....
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#479964 Oct 3, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Open your cake hole yeah how horrible of me. Next time I'll just say open your mouth.
The facts are in front of you about what took place with Just Sayin and I. Your silence doesn't surprise me.
gif freaked out on Regina thinking she'd used the term. Maybe you should tell gif it was you? I'm sure he'd give you a wink and a pass since you aren't a Catholic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 15 min Buck Crick 110,155
My NEW SPECULATION about the mystery vehicle an... 38 min Doctor REALITY 1
News NFL warns Texas over bathroom bill 5 hr Ais4awesome 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Gabriel 982,283
News Hawaiians to Attorney General Sessions: We're n... 7 hr davy 14
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 7 hr Ancestry manager 6,221
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 hr Jolly Roger 286,304
More from around the web