Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
462,881 - 462,900 of 536,863 Comments Last updated 33 min ago

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Hmmmm......didn't mean to post the whole article, so my bad. I didn't think the media opinion was crucial in my point.

My apologies to anyone who gets confused at reading the post.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Peter 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.
Rom. 3:25, "whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed."
1 John 2:2, "and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world."
1 John 4:10, "In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins."
**it is Christ who delivers us from death and not baptism.
Propitiation is an atoning sacrifice and Christ did it for us when He shed His blood.
Sorry Tony, water can't do that for us. You've been lied to ever since you were old enough to talk. And that my friend is why catholics are out of touch with Christ.
Chuckie,

Romans 6:3

3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

Who is working in your baptism, Chuckie???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God doesnt say you have to "remember it" in order to be born of water and the Spirit.
my first birth(water) I don't remember.

my second birth(Spirit) I cant forget.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Pope Francis also stated int he article:
"“Each of us has a vision of good and of evil. We have to encourage people to move towards what they think is Good.... Everyone has his own idea of good and evil and must choose to follow the good and fight evil as he conceives them. That would be enough to make the world a better place.”

Hmmmm....sounds alot like Self.

Go Frank!! I'm rooting for you!
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
John 3:5 doesn't say baptism
Regardless of what you think John 3 says, the earliest Christians were taught that they were born again in baptism. Doesn't being born again deliver us from death?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Wow Pope Francis - what are you actually saying?

""Heads of the church have often been narcissists, flattered and thrilled by their courtiers,” he said at another point.“The court is the leprosy of the papacy.”"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-fai...

Uh-oh!!

Is this the new religion's direction?

I think so, especially with him stating this:
"“This Vatican-centric view neglects the world around us. I do not share this view and I’ll do everything I can to change it,” he vowed."

Time to change your beliefs!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you feel that way. Pretty standard reply from someone who has no idea what the earliest Christians believed.
Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth.
To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood.

**early catholics must of missed this verse

again the reason catholics are out of touch with Christ is because they believe by getting wet they are born again...early catholics taught this.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a lot of wacky new ideas floating around, but this one is new to me:
"God's Word says without the shredding of blood..."
since you are a catholic, we fully understand that you haven't been taught that Christ gave His life for you on Calvary.

may I suggest that you read the Bible since from Genesis to Rev(Rev. 1:5), there has been a Scarlet thread.

from the garden, a sacrifice was taken.

from the Cross, a Sacrifice was Given.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Peter 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.
Rom. 3:25, "whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed."
1 John 2:2, "and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world."
1 John 4:10, "In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins."
Propitiation is an atoning sacrifice and Christ did it for us when He shed His blood.
Sorry Tony, water can't do that for us. You've been lied to ever since you were old enough to talk. And that my friend is why catholics are out of touch with Christ.
Chuckie,

Romans 6:7-8

7 because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.

8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.

OK, Chuckie,

You have participated in the death of Jesus....read verse 7....ANYONE WHO HAD <<<DIED>>> HAS BEEN <<<SET FREE FROM SIN....>>>

OK, Chuckie....

Verse 8....we have DIED WITH CHRIST...HOW??? We participated in His Death......we BELIEVE that we will also LIVE with HIM.....

LIVE WITH HIM HOW???

SPIRITUALLY.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't there either, but I actually do know because we have the written testimony of what they believed. The protestant scholar CIB cited even admits it. Of course they were all kooks and you know better, so at least you got that going for you.
I certainly know that you are so devious that you like all catholics would change and/or divert the words of CIB.

you catholics have a good track record of Changing His Word 2.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we would just be gettin' wet were it not for Christ's sacrifice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck, CIB says all of you believe baptism is "the means of receiving four basic gifts: the remission of sins, deliverance from death, regeneration, and the bestowal of the Holy Spirit."
Is he wrong?
Anthony, if you have to lie and be deceitful on this forum, I would never wish to do business with you if any amount over 10 cents was involved. here you are saying that CIB is saying"CIB says all of you believe baptism is "the means of receiving four basic gifts:

and in this post,from YOU,

we see that webster's name is involved in this saying.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

Reply »

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
2 hrs ago

Judged:

Chuck wrote:

<quoted text>
catholics are out of touch with Christ because they were told they started a relationship with Christ when they were 3 months old because of the faith of their parents. This is an absolute lie but when it's drilled into your head from a young age as truth, when you get older it gets to a point where your brain won't allow you to believe any other way.
good luck trying to change that.

YOU;
Evangelical fundamentalist William Webster says ""From the early days of the Church, baptism was universally perceived as the means of receiving four basic gifts: the remission of sins, deliverance from death, regeneration, and the bestowal of the Holy Spirit."

Even someone who thinks like you and hates the Catholic Church agrees that this was the faith of the early Church.

you are as bad as oldjg. he publishes filth.

you publish lies.

both are going to hell if you don't change your ways.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth.
again the reason catholics are out of touch with Christ is because they believe by getting wet they are born again...early catholics taught this.
In the same manner, had Christ not died and rose again, your professing per Rom. 10:9 would be pointless as well. Jesus told us we must be born again to enter the Kingdom. Again, even a protestant apologist admits the earliest Christians believed that being born again was baptism. Is there a particular date you'd like to assign for satan's intervention in this teaching?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I certainly know that you are so devious that you like all catholics would change and/or divert the words of CIB.
you catholics have a good track record of Changing His Word 2.
Not a chance preston. CIB cited Webster in support of sola scriptura. I cited Webster to show that he admits the earliest Christians agreed with the Catholic/Orthodox Church re; baptism. If you think citing direct quotes is being devious, I suggest you are mistaken as to what devious means.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, I just posted Rev 1:5 to the kook in TN, who mocked your speaking of the shedding of Blood.

that is why we speak of the same Spirit for the believers, and this same Spirit only comes when a Person gets Saved, you can not obtain Him through buying(one simon tried that)nor by just getting wet. some men from Ephesus tried that and it didn't fool Paul

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
Some self righteous "Christians" are so clouded by the sin of a homosexual using a condom that that forget their Christian imperative to keep him alive so that he has a chance of repentance rather than lose his soul.The pope is theologically correct.
Interesting concept ..But then I also think abortion is way worse than
Contraception ..though I know Catholics do not agree ...

Certainly not spreading disease,is,to be preferred to spreading it ..

But I never thought of how you put it..
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>since you are a catholic, we fully understand that you haven't been taught that Christ gave His life for you on Calvary.
may I suggest that you read the Bible since from Genesis to Rev(Rev. 1:5), there has been a Scarlet thread.
from the garden, a sacrifice was taken.
from the Cross, a Sacrifice was Given.
Firstly, I have read the Bible cover to cover more than once.
Secondly, you don't understand anything Catholic whatsoever.
May I suggest that you attempt to learn about something before you delude yourself into thinking you know all about it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of what you think John 3 says, the earliest Christians were taught that they were born again in baptism. Doesn't being born again deliver us from death?
sorry, but I don't know where you get your info but it is wrong according to the Bible.

Andrew, the brother of peter was a disciple of John the Baptist and was Baptized by him of course, yet Later, after Andrew began to follow Jesus, Jesus gave to Andrew ,the Holy Ghost.

which indicates that water baptism never helped Andrew out one bit, and that unlike some beliefs today , the Holy Ghost was not present at Andrews baptizing. Jesus knew that, of course.

now if water baptism was sufficient for this very first disciple and follower, why was more(Holy Ghost) given him later?

Now if Peter and Paul could lay hands on men and they would receive the Holy Ghost, why couldnt Andrew and others also receive the Holy Ghost when john laid hands on them?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a chance preston. CIB cited Webster in support of sola scriptura. I cited Webster to show that he admits the earliest Christians agreed with the Catholic/Orthodox Church re; baptism. If you think citing direct quotes is being devious, I suggest you are mistaken as to what devious means.
read my above post where I caught you lying.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Anthony, if you have to lie and be deceitful on this forum, I would never wish to do business with you if any amount over 10 cents was involved. here you are saying that CIB is saying"CIB says all of you believe baptism is "the means of receiving four basic gifts:
and in this post,from YOU,
we see that webster's name is involved in this saying.
Anthony MN
Minneapolis, MN
Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
2 hrs ago
Judged:
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
catholics are out of touch with Christ because they were told they started a relationship with Christ when they were 3 months old because of the faith of their parents. This is an absolute lie but when it's drilled into your head from a young age as truth, when you get older it gets to a point where your brain won't allow you to believe any other way.
good luck trying to change that.
YOU;
Evangelical fundamentalist William Webster says ""From the early days of the Church, baptism was universally perceived as the means of receiving four basic gifts: the remission of sins, deliverance from death, regeneration, and the bestowal of the Holy Spirit."
Even someone who thinks like you and hates the Catholic Church agrees that this was the faith of the early Church.
you are as bad as oldjg. he publishes filth.
you publish lies.
both are going to hell if you don't change your ways.
This was his response when I cited William Webster:

Concerned in Brasil
Culter, UK
Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
12 hrs ago Judged:

Again you miss the point and most importantly CONTEXT. Yes all agree as do I that a believer must be baptized.'

So yes, it seems you are correct. While not agreeing that baptism does what the earliest Christians believed, he does say that "all agree as do I that a believer must be baptized.' Are you one of the "all"?

And now that I admit my error, will you do business with me?:O)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

527 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Aura Mytha 729,567
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Thinking 225,575
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min Insults Are Easier 259,055
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 26 min Liam R 441,059
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 38 min samy 658
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 40 min Ratloder 117,732
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 40 min Helmut Prince von... 32,983
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 43 min Helmut Prince von... 599,513
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Freebird USA 172,886
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••