Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596247 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479491 Oct 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
A pastor's wife was expecting a baby, so he stood before the congregation and asked for a raise.
After much discussion, they passed a rule that whenever the preacher's family expanded, so would his paycheck.
After 6 children, this started to get expensive and the congregation decided to hold another meeting to discuss the preacher's expanding salary. A great deal of yelling and inner bickering ensued, as to how much the clergyman's additional children were costing the church, and how much more it could potentially cost.
After listening to them for about an hour, the pastor rose from his chair and spoke,'Children are a gift from God, and we will take as many gifts as He gives us'. Complete silence fell on the congregation.
From the back pew, a little old lady struggled to stand, and finally said in her litte frail voice,'Rain is also a gift from God, but when we get too much of it, we wear rubbers..'
The entire congregation said,'Amen..'
<quoted text>
This is a joke. You know, HUMOR! Sorry it offended you.
<quoted text>
For the record, does everything you say and do bring glory to God? Apparently you believe God is somehow being glorified with your post to me. Is that your contention?
Do you know the definition of self-righteous? Look it up. It will help you understand yourself.
<quoted text>
What is being taught by my post? To laugh.
Your post on the other hand has sadly revealed there are many like you who consider themselves "religious" but whose words have revealed they are nothing more than "self-righteous" "self-serving" stone throwers.
Remember.....John 8:7-11, 7 "And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her." 8 And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground. 9 But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. 10 Jesus stood up and said to her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" 11 She said,“No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, "Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more."
OldJG,

Laugh.....I don't think so....

One of the benefits of becoming a deacon......pleasing the Lord....

Would the Lord say that you are pleasing the Lord with your posts???
yTubeBible

AOL

#479492 Oct 1, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST______

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#479493 Oct 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
A pastor's wife was expecting a baby, so he stood before the congregation and asked for a raise.
After much discussion, they passed a rule that whenever the preacher's family expanded, so would his paycheck.
After 6 children, this started to get expensive and the congregation decided to hold another meeting to discuss the preacher's expanding salary. A great deal of yelling and inner bickering ensued, as to how much the clergyman's additional children were costing the church, and how much more it could potentially cost.
After listening to them for about an hour, the pastor rose from his chair and spoke,'Children are a gift from God, and we will take as many gifts as He gives us'. Complete silence fell on the congregation.
From the back pew, a little old lady struggled to stand, and finally said in her litte frail voice,'Rain is also a gift from God, but when we get too much of it, we wear rubbers..'
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
For the record, does everything you say and do bring glory to God? Apparently you believe God is somehow being glorified with your post to me. Is that your contention?
Do you know the definition of self-righteous? Look it up. It will help you understand yourself.
<quoted text>
Yes, I am a deacon in MY Lord's church.
You said, quote, "what does your post say to others as you hold a position in the Lord's church as a deacon?" End quote.
It says I can laugh and have a sense of humor. The joke is not dirty......you are.
You said, quote, "Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ." End quote.
Be imitators of you????? REALLY!!
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OldJG,
LOL......
You are a (so-called) deacon and you think this is me speaking....
"Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ."
Oh my, my......
So-called deacib? No, a "called" deacon. You on the other hand make a statement and the statement you make is from the Bible yet you do not credit the Bible. Your silence credits you.

This is how you do it "Oh, my, my....."

I Corinthians 11:1, "Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ."
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#479494 Oct 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OldJG,
Laugh.....I don't think so....
One of the benefits of becoming a deacon......pleasing the Lord....
Would the Lord say that you are pleasing the Lord with your posts???
Qualifications for Deacons

I Timothy 3:8-13, 8 "Deacons likewise must be dignified, not double-tongued, not addicted to much wine, not greedy for dishonest gain. 9 They must hold the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience. 10 And let them also be tested first; then let them serve as deacons if they prove themselves blameless. 11 Their wives likewise must be dignified, not slanderers, but sober-minded, faithful in all things. 12 Let deacons each be the husband of one wife, managing their children and their own households well. 13 For those who serve well as deacons gain a good standing for themselves and also great confidence in the faith that is in Christ Jesus."

The word of God.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#479495 Oct 1, 2013
marge wrote:
How come Matthew Mark Luke John all say the same thing and agree with each other, but their so-called first disciples don't all agree and didn't all write the same things?

New Age writes:
Matt and Luke read the same as Mark, because more than likely, when they were written, the author used Mark as his basis. That is why Matt and Luke are almost verbatim.

As for John, one instance where it doesn't read the same as the other three, is the list of Apostles.

- Thaddaeus is not listed in GoJohn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostle_ (Christian)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#479496 Oct 1, 2013
"confrinting with the word" you credit Satan with more power to take us from our salvation than you credit God with the power to KEEP us. Why is that? Jeremiah 17:9, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?"

You call yourself a Christian and don't believe God is stronger than Satan. You should rename yourself.

~~~
First off your watered down translation takes the meat out of the word of God,,

KING JAMES translation says...

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

SECONDLY ...THE FILTH THAT YOU POSTED DID NOT COME FROM ME...

MY POSITION IS TO

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

---

I HAVE GIVEN YOU THE WORD OF GOD....

Evidently sound doctrine is repulsive to you..

I would recommend that you stop attempting to teach

GOD'S WORD until you are willing to bring yourself

under subjection to it.

JESUS SAID..

Mat 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mat 15:10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:

Mat 15:11 -->Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man;

but

that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

YOU ATTEMPT... TO DEFILE ...THIS WHOLE FORUM ..FROM

WHAT IS COMING FORTH FROM YOUR UNCLEAN MIND....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479497 Oct 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "what does your post say to others as you hold a position in the Lord's church as a deacon?" End quote.
It says I can laugh and have a sense of humor. The joke is not dirty......you are.
<quoted text>
So-called deacib? No, a "called" deacon. You on the other hand make a statement and the statement you make is from the Bible yet you do not credit the Bible. Your silence credits you.
OldJG,

Who is speaking, OldJG???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479498 Oct 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I Timothy 3:8-13, 8 "Deacons likewise must be dignified, not double-tongued, not addicted to much wine, not greedy for dishonest gain. 9 They must hold the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience. 10 And let them also be tested first; then let them serve as deacons if they prove themselves blameless. 11 Their wives likewise must be dignified, not slanderers, but sober-minded, faithful in all things. 12 Let deacons each be the husband of one wife, managing their children and their own households well. 13 For those who serve well as deacons gain a good standing for themselves and also great confidence in the faith that is in Christ Jesus."
The word of God.
OldJG,

A deacon who really does his job well is regarded by Jesus as
being one of the greatest ministers in His Kingdom.

Does your posts come across as this???

Would Jesus consider you one of the greatest ministers in His Kingdom???

#479499 Oct 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
OldJG,
Who is speaking, OldJG???
EVIDENTLY IT AINT GOD

TRUTH WROTE

YOUR TRANSLATION TAKES THE TRUTH AND DISTORTS IT

THE KING JAMES SAYS...

Be ye followers of God, as dear children. Eph 5.

THERE IS A VAST DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN IMITATOR AND A FOLLOWER

AN IMITATOR IS A

Imitatorship
IMITA'TORSHIP, n. The office or state of an imitator.

1.Copier
COPIER, COPYIST, n. One who copies; one who writes or transcribes from an original or form; a transcriber; an imitator; also, a plagiary.

2.Mimic
MIM'IC

MIM'ICAL, a.[L. mimus, mimicus; Gr. to imitate.]

1. Imitative; inclined to imitate or to ape; having the practice or habit of imitating.

Man is of all creatures the most mimical in gestures, speech, &c.

2. Consisting of imitation; as mimic gestures.

Mimic implies often something droll or ludicrous, or less dignified than imitative.

MIM'IC, n. One who imitates or mimics; a buffoon who attempts to excite laughter or derision by acting or speaking in the manner of another.

1. A mean or servile imitator.

NOT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN IMITATOR AND A FOLLOWER

3.Follower
FOL'LOWER, n.

1. One who comes, goes or moves after another, in the same course.

2. One that takes another as his guide in doctrines, opinions or example; one who receives the opinions, and imitates the example of another; an adherent; an imitator.

That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who, through faith and patience, inherit the promises. Heb 6.

3. One who obeys, worships and honors.

4. An adherent; a disciple; one who embraces the same system; as a follower of Plato.

5. An attendant; a companion; an associate or a dependent. The warrior distributed the plunder among his followers.

No follower, but a friend.

6. One under the command of another.

7. One of the same faction or party.

NOTE

WHAT THE WORD SAYS IN THE KING JAMES TRANSLATION

Eph 5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;

Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Eph 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Location hidden

#479501 Oct 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
no wonder that you think that filth is godly. deacons are appointed, not "called" by God.

and you have been rebuked by TWO ministers, both offices are higher than the one that you think that you own.

pay attention and obey those above you.

Location hidden

#479502 Oct 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
"confrinting with the word" you credit Satan with more power to take us from our salvation than you credit God with the power to KEEP us. Why is that? Jeremiah 17:9, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?"
You call yourself a Christian and don't believe God is stronger than Satan. You should rename yourself.
ETERNAL SECURITY
by: Adrian Rogers
1. NOTHING CAN SEPARATE YOU FROM THE LOVE OF GOD WHICH IS IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD
and this filth coming from you is why many stand against OSAS.

you think that you can do what you please or say what anything that you wish and your soul is in good standing with God.

on Judgement Day, when You stand before God, you will know what it means to be Holy, but it will be late

Location hidden

#479503 Oct 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The word of God.
you cant and don't even Pass the FIRST qualification

#479504 Oct 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
EVIDENTLY IT AINT GOD
TRUTH WROTE
THE KING JAMES SAYS...
AN IMITATOR IS A
Imitatorship
1.Copier
COPIER, COPYIST, n. One who copies; one who writes or transcribes from an original or form; a transcriber; an imitator; also, a plagiary.
2.Mimic
MIM'IC
1. Imitative; inclined to imitate or to ape; having the practice or habit of imitating.
Mimic implies often something droll or ludicrous, or less dignified than imitative.
MIM'IC, n. One who imitates or mimics; a buffoon who attempts to excite laughter or derision by acting or speaking in the manner of another.
3.Follower
FOL'LOWER, n.
2. One that takes another as his guide in doctrines, opinions or example; one who receives the opinions, and imitates the example of another; an adherent; an imitator.
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who, through faith and patience, inherit the promises. Heb 6.
4. An adherent; a disciple; one who embraces the same system; as a follower of Plato.
5. An attendant; a companion; an associate or a dependent. The warrior distributed the plunder among his followers.
NOTE
Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
RE TRANSLATION OF GOD'S WORD TOOK PLACE IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN

WHEN THE DEVIL RE-TRANSLATED WHAT GOD HAD SAID...

RE-TRANSLATION IS BEING DONE TODAY IN SOME TRANSLATIONS OF THE BIBLE

THE MEAT IS BEING TAKEN OUT OF THE WORD...

IS IT NO A WONDER..

WHEN ONE IS AN IMITATION OF CHRIST

INSTEAD OF BEING A FOLLOWER

ACTORS ON THE STAGE ARE IMITATORS...YET WHEN THEY ARE OFF THE STAGE..

THE LIVE LIVES ALTOGETHER APPOSED TO WHAT THEY APPEAR ON THE STAGE...

ATTACK MY POST AS MUCH AS YOU WANT TO BUT

2Co 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:

IF YOU THINK HE HASNT ATTEMOTED TO DESTORT AND CHANGE THE WORD OF GOD
YOU HAVE BEEN DECEIVED...

I USE A 26 TRANSLATION BIBLE AND I WITNESS WHEROFF POST
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479505 Oct 1, 2013
<quoted text>
EVIDENTLY IT AINT GOD
TRUTH WROTE
THE KING JAMES SAYS...
AN IMITATOR IS A
Imitatorship
1.Copier
2.Mimic
MIM'IC
3.Follower
FOL'LOWER, n.
NOTE
GIF,

Philippians 3:17

17 Brethren, be ye imitators together of me, and mark them that so walk even as ye have us for an ensample.

17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

17 Brothers and sisters, join in imitating me, and observe those who live according to the example you have in us.

Are we not supposed to imitate Christ?

Imitate me as I imitate Christ.

These words need to be on every Christian’s lips.

Location hidden

#479506 Oct 1, 2013
having church with Rev. Don singing and Cathie lapping her hands behinds. for you Karen.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#479507 Oct 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do not think He,will return as,He left ..in ISRAEl.
That there will be no Armageddon ...no millennial kingdom???
NEW,Jerusalem ..
Anti Christ
Wow,..ok ..adding a,bit??
..Most intelligent people believe we will be destroyed by a wayward asteroid long before Jesus decides to return. We have already had many near misses and close calls. Are you not paying attention?

KA!#$#%%@NG!!^^BOOOM!

Get prepared!

#479508 Oct 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and this filth coming from you is why many stand against OSAS.
you think that you can do what you please or say what anything that you wish and your soul is in good standing with God.
on Judgement Day, when You stand before God, you will know what it means to be Holy, but it will be late
AMEN

I agree wholeheartedly..

Mat_5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Location hidden

#479509 Oct 1, 2013
sorry, Cathie "clapping" her hands
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#479510 Oct 1, 2013
<quoted text>
EVIDENTLY IT AINT GOD
TRUTH WROTE
THE KING JAMES SAYS...
AN IMITATOR IS A
Imitatorship
1.Copier
2.Mimic
MIM'IC
3.Follower
FOL'LOWER, n.
NOTE
GIF,

mimetai.....to follow a pattern of behavior set forth by another...

GIF, if we fail to imitate the Apostle Paul, as he imitated Christ, is to fail to live the way that Christ would want us to live by the Word of God.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#479511 Oct 1, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>You have to keep him alive so he can hear God's word. After you teach him, pray with him, etc.,then if he does not repent,he uses the condom to continue to commit the sin he now has had adequate counsel for. You do not sontinue to condone his using a condom.
Your defense of the pope's position on this is much appreciated Nick, however Oxbow has an agenda and telling him the truth just gets in the way. I find it best to ignore him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 min ChristineM 444,320
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min It aint necessari... 854,714
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min PortaBella ITA 612,612
The Next O.J. & Nicole 6 min Knock off purse s... 12
the REAL REASON the state of California lost to... 8 min Knock off purse s... 5
The Christian Atheist debate 11 min Mr Wiggley 969
LOUD CRYIN' SPOILED Black Kids in Wal Mart!!!!! 11 min Knock off purse s... 55
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr The swamiji 7,335
More from around the web