Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649948 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#479383 Sep 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
If he said it, it would be a change, but he didn't say it. Why would you listen to the lame stream media?
If he did not say it...you would have seen a rebuttal from the vatacan...the same day this was aired..

No rebuttal....proof positive that he said it....
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#479384 Sep 30, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Bible tells us of an "all the more important" salvation? Where might I find the Biblical verse that describes the salvation of Mary as an "all the more important" method? By the way, what is an
"all the more important" method of salvation and how does it differ from the salvation of any other human being?
<quoted text>
Cly, thank you once again for sharing your ignorance. It is obvious you have never cracked a Bible. Keep believing Rome instead of the word of God and let me know what the Bible has to say about such a person.
You said, quote, "God needed to procreate with a female in order to manifest Himself as a human being. Do you need a Bible verse where it says that?" End quote.
God did not need a female. He chose to USE a female. He chose to be made in our likeness minus sin.
You said, quote, "God can not mix His DNA With sin in order to create the perfect manifestation of Himself. Sin and God are separate. Do you demand a Bible verse for that too?" End quote.
God did not mix His blood with the blood of Mary. Not at all. The DNA of Jesus is Divine. The only Divine DNA from the Holy Spirit. You tell us Mary's mother was without sin therefore Mary was without sin. You are so stupid it is beyond belief.
You said, quote, "Maybe you ought to provide the list that Jesus Christ said we are to put in the Bible in order to base all His teachings on." End quote.
The Bible tells us.....
II Timothy 3:1617, 16, "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "From whom did Jesus receive His human nature?" End quote.
Try reading before you open your mouth and insert both feet...
Colossians 1:15-17, 15 "Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."
So please tell us.....who created the human form of Jesus? Mary? First,we human beings do not and have not ever created anything. Your parents did not create you because if they did they are God. Parents perpetuate life. They do not create life. Understand. Second, there is only ONE CREATOR. This Creator created two human beings in the beginning and all of human kind are their descendants.
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did the archangel Gabriel relay the message from God that she would conceive Jesus in her womb if she didn't contribute anything? God can do anything so why didn't Jesus just appear out if thin air? I mean, that would have astounded people as much as the virgin birth.
You Roman Catholics never answer a question. You just make excuses for a faith that does not save.

Mary contributed a womb Jesus created. Mary did not contribute anything other than a willing heart which was also created by Jesus.

You said, quote, "God can do anything so why didn't Jesus just appear out if thin air? I mean, that would have astounded people as much as the virgin birth." End quote.

Ever heard of prophesy? Open a Bible. It would help.

Isaiah 7:14, "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."

Isaiah 9:6, "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#479385 Sep 30, 2013
well the obvious reason it's wrong and your way must be wrong is that they weren't born that way, and your making these people sound like they are cavemen or retarded, maybe you could clarify these are sane somewhat civilized men that already know right and wrong in their hearts?
truth

Southern River, Australia

#479386 Sep 30, 2013
Holy scripture say
-don't trust as well why and where

Holy scripture say
-about possessors and deceivers
-as well every spirit is not holy

Holy Scripture say about accusers prosecutors judges teachers and so on nice suits nice diploma and so on.

Holy scripture say about good seeds as well very bad seeds.

Holy Scripture say about characters with many face on many place too.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#479387 Sep 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you go church?
I do not go to church because I am the church. The church is a living breathing entity not a building.

Where do you do church? Minneapolis zoo? You go wait see evolution with pope? Your sentence sounds like Tonto talking to the Lone Ranger. LOL Where do you go church ke mo saby?
truth

#479388 Sep 30, 2013
your Timothy say about money mission that's all Mr and Mrs accuse toward woman's..

yep

Creator created woman too.

Did Jesus recommend Paul Saul Timothy or somebody else?

Everybody know what Jesus recommend.

Location hidden

#479389 Sep 30, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Shame on you for using degrading terms to describe the Catholic Church.
Show me, in my words, where I said anything to reduce in grade, rank, or status; or demote, the catlick church....
truth

#479390 Sep 30, 2013
Holy Scripture say?
-many many many will come in my name its not me..
its mean many name exist which someone try change trough history and time up and down..
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#479391 Sep 30, 2013
Contraception, by definition, is merely the opposite of conception. It is not the use of contraception that is wrong or right. It is the motivation behind the contraception that determines if it is right or wrong. Married couples use contraception for a variety of reasons. Some feel called to put off childbearing until they are in a better position to care for children. Some, such as missionary couples, may feel their service to God overrides the desire for children at a particular point in time. Some may be convinced that God has a different plan for them. Ultimately, a couple’s motives for delaying childbearing, using contraception, or even having numerous children, are between them and God.
truth

#479392 Sep 30, 2013
Holy Scripture say they will give you miracle and innovation like never before.

in vain
-vanity vanity everything vanity under sky

yep

Are you for sure 4 winds 3000 years old Indian altar are holy spirit?

Did ever exist before something?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#479393 Sep 30, 2013
It's wrong, it does encourage them in bad behavior.

a sin even.

Location hidden

#479394 Sep 30, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Read the article. He's saying if a bank robber is bound and determined to rob a bank at gunpoint no matter what you say or do to stop him, it's morally acceptable to try and convince him to do it without bullets so as to keep him from killing anyone. If he agrees, he at least takes a step towards recognizing the value of life.
Show me, any place in any Bible, where God made an exception to His commandment regarding stealing...or any other of the nine.....

Thou shalt not steal...

He never said "Its O.k. to steal if you do it in a way that no one gets killed!!!!!?????"
truth

#479395 Sep 30, 2013
i gdje ste stali
mise za sotonske spirite i setirane davlije drogeraske i kriminalce ko svjedoke..

very sad evil justice

now

dat ce bog i golim i bosonogim mnogo vise

Did I need your corupt diploma.
Maybe some nice evil documents.

now you are baba joka sa istoka
she cooking chicken trip.ice too..
byyyyyyyyyyyyy

Location hidden

#479396 Sep 30, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Contraception, by definition, is merely the opposite of conception. It is not the use of contraception that is wrong or right. It is the motivation behind the contraception that determines if it is right or wrong. Married couples use contraception for a variety of reasons. Some feel called to put off childbearing until they are in a better position to care for children. Some, such as missionary couples, may feel their service to God overrides the desire for children at a particular point in time. Some may be convinced that God has a different plan for them. Ultimately, a couple’s motives for delaying childbearing, using contraception, or even having numerous children, are between them and God.
Amen!!! It is not a sin...never was...never will be....popes are just now beginning to understand that!!!!
truth

#479397 Sep 30, 2013
satanic spirit with possessors can..its organize wicket satanic crime..

i am not care do you liked me or not..

satanic wicket organization

-it is exist very low organization
-it is exist very high organization
to ruin every person or every family

it is written
who is thirsty over righteousness people
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#479398 Sep 30, 2013
Many Christian churches traditionally opposed contraception. Roman Catholic Church historian Thomas Bokenkotter explains that the opposition was based partly on interpretation of the Bible, partly on disdain for any sexual pleasure, and partly on myths about human reproduction:

At one time it was believed the male sperm was the only factor in human reproduction and the sperm was regarded as humans in miniature. Hence spilling it out was tantamount to abortion as well as a waste of a precious element.

It is now known that sperm cells are not miniature humans; a man's sperm must unite with a woman's egg before a baby can be formed. Furthermore, sperm cells not ejected from the body simply die after a few weeks anyway, and they are continuously replaced.

In the twentieth century, scientific knowledge of reproduction, sensitivity to women's rights, and concern about overpopulation produced great changes in attitude. Most Christian churches now say reproductive decisions are private matters between husband and wife and their consciences. Birth control methods are no longer discouraged.

The Roman Catholic Church is a notable exception. The official church teaching still opposes all forms of birth control except abstinence and the rhythm method, saying, "it is necessary that each and every marriage act remain ordered per se to the procreation of human life." However, polls show that only 15% of U.S. Roman Catholics view contraception as morally wrong.
truth

#479399 Sep 30, 2013
Why you need many wives as well many slave girls, woman's and so on for what as crime you call contraception is word very useful with lust for money and pleasure.

-understanding is minimum part of love
-conciseness is high degree

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#479400 Sep 30, 2013
Listen to someone or something but yourself.
Alfred E Newman
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#479401 Sep 30, 2013
A pastor's wife was expecting a baby, so he stood before the congregation and asked for a raise.

After much discussion, they passed a rule that whenever the preacher's family expanded, so would his paycheck.

After 6 children, this started to get expensive and the congregation decided to hold another meeting to discuss the preacher's expanding salary. A great deal of yelling and inner bickering ensued, as to how much the clergyman's additional children were costing the church, and how much more it could potentially cost.

After listening to them for about an hour, the pastor rose from his chair and spoke,'Children are a gift from God, and we will take as many gifts as He gives us'. Complete silence fell on the congregation.

From the back pew, a little old lady struggled to stand, and finally said in her litte frail voice,'Rain is also a gift from God, but when we get too much of it, we wear rubbers..'

The entire congregation said,'Amen..'

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#479402 Sep 30, 2013
Some self righteous "Christians" are so clouded by the sin of a homosexual using a condom that that forget their Christian imperative to keep him alive so that he has a chance of repentance rather than lose his soul.The pope is theologically correct.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are white people so insecure ? (Feb '10) 3 min Edgy Teen 194
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Nohweh 55,784
Ayurveda oil massage 49 min rahul 1
Make $6000+/per month Caring for Kids 1 hr Kid Kare 1
>>> Watch Your Back 1 hr Watch Your Back 1
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 1 hr Williamhoodlms 139
Poll Is the price is right fixed for blacks? (Jun '12) 1 hr boo drew 146
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Hangman 971,732
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 12 hr Jesus 47
More from around the web