Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
462,301 - 462,320 of 537,310 Comments Last updated 35 min ago

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh plezzzzeee!! Calm down will you.
You are describing your own feelings, Iím sure!!
Jesus said Ď Be not afraidí.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =snmwD6d9Xo4XX
May God bless you and your wife.
Ba-bye, weíre done.
buh-bye!

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

And thanks again for the wishes, Star!
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Wonderful picture! Thanks!
It really is. Of course, the pharisees on this board just rejected Jesus again. It's like 33 A.D. all over again. They just love to hammer those nails in.
VigiliusDiedForY ourSins

San Mateo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

If the Roman Catholic church was the only true church Vigilius's views on reincarnation would have been respected and reincarnation as taught by the historical Jesus and the early Christians would not have been outlawed by Emperor Justinian over the objections of Pope Vigilius.

Obviously both can't be right, and unlike the Pope, the emperor never claimed to be the only spokesperson for any god.

As it turns out the Emperor's reasons were simply a matter of political expediency:

"There was a logical reason why the Emperor was opposed to the concept that all of mankind originally came from God and was returing to God via the cycle of birth and death. Justinian had been convinced by high ranking cardinals that it was not in the interest of the empire to allow Origen's writings to continue to be copied and distributed. A powerful group of Cardinalís and Bishopís explained that if every soul had once pre-existed with God, then Christ wasnít anything special to have come from God. These Cardinals convinced the Emperor that if people realized they were the children of God they might begin to believe they no longer needed an Emperor, or to pay taxes, or to obey the Holy Church. But since they reasoned that only Christ had come from God but God made brand new souls at the time of conception and only the Holy Church could bring these souls to God. Without the protection of the Empire or the guidance of the church, all people would be doomed to be forever cut off from God in Hell. This doctrine was very acceptabloe to the Emperor. Once Justinian understood the political danger inherent in Origenís teachings, the rest was simply an Emperor doing what was in his best interest. "

from http://reluctant-messenger.com/reincarnation-...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

On INRI
not law love or any Mercy
i am alive as i am
i touch that with body and mind

now you can say what so ever
about anything or anyone..
is that hurt

yepppppppppppppp

i fill that cross every day

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol. not one person will ever get Saved, listening to a "chant" according to the Word of God.
So I will take good Gospel Preaching over a pagan ritual, and that is the "difference" between Christianity and catholicism
Here is my contribution for the night

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

There is a very low organization
-there is a very high organization
Who they are?
for ruin every person or any family..
Are you for sure prove not exist who set up and how?
prove about what toward many victims which someone choose victimize so many years..yep

INRI
there is a no Mercy
its according Almighty

there is a every insult fit spit over me spit
set up what ever you liked
nothing change noooooooooooooo

INRI
there law love or mercy not exist no

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

ANY ONE ELSE WITH A GOOD THOUGHT

HERE'S MINE

Same,as,I just posted o Preston

I think.this is one we All can agree on

Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol. not one person will ever get Saved, listening to a "chant" according to the Word of God.
So I will take good Gospel Preaching over a pagan ritual, and that is the "difference" between Christianity and catholicism
The Mass ain't all about us. Its about Him. We worship the Lord there and partake in the Eucharist. If you weren't so fixated on worshiping the Bible, you'd see that the Mass is the Bible coming to life. That's why the Catholic Church compiled a Bible, so they could bring it into the Mass and read it aloud.
I do my best to not poke fun at how others worship God. You have no problem with it. Then again, you have no problem calling the Lords Mother an incompetent criminal either.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Gods R Delusions wrote:
<quoted text>
The Book of Revelation says anything folks like you want it to say.
Never mind that Marianism is contrary to so much of your own scripture - "no man is without sin except Jesus," I don't recall any exceptions for Mary.
Face facts, it would be absurd to leave her almost completely out of the Gospels (rarely mentioned after Jesus infancy), if the writers believed she was a "Queen of Heaven" and without sin. Golly, that would be important maybe?
Factoid -- not one single Gospel gives her such stature.
She was needed to replace Isis, whose temples became churches of Mary. She is now in virtually all respects an unauthorized goddess.
Note that Mary miracles are the major ones in Roman Catholicism today. Jesus rarely makes an appearance any more, mystic ritual notwithstanding. Mary is much more approachable. Cool.
You're awfully concerned about what we Catholics believe, why is that? I have to assume you're atheist with a name like yours, so what's your motive? God isn't real, right? Why are you trying to take down something that isn't real??
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Creator of Heaven and Earth exist.
Its not old few thousand years.

greed and power
that's all
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're awfully concerned about what we Catholics believe, why is that? I have to assume you're atheist with a name like yours, so what's your motive? God isn't real, right? Why are you trying to take down something that isn't real??
Clay, that's BM/Free Mind. He's posting the same baloney he's done the last 30 times, word for word. Don't you recognize it? He's also "Plain Jane" and God only knows who else. His posts are all the same, he's easy to spot.

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong conclusion, as usual by you "fundies"! The Bishop doesn't replace God! He is NOT GOD!!! He is NOT JESUS CHRIST!! The Bishop (beginning with Peter) is HIS "appointed" EARTHLY REPRESENTATIVE. Just like in Matthew 16:13-21 Peter (the 1st Bishop) was (appointed by Jesus HIMSELF, as "HIS CHIEF REPRESENTATIVE"to "lead HIS Church" until HE returns the for the Second Time, just the the Apostles were appointed as Bishops (Acts 2) to lead the Churches of Antioch, Galacia, Epheusus, Thessalonica , Corinth, Colosse, Phillipi, etc.(as "overseers (which means Bishop). As Augustine, in his writings underscores that fact that Peter has truly receives a "divine appointment" from Christ. He rules, governs and oversees the Church as the Vicar of Jesus Churst HIMSELF..... Augustines comments also highlights the unifying principle that Peter's seat (and ALL those appointed Bishop (Popes) that followed him) bring about Christs TRUE CHURCH. Augustine also said that "Peter is the Christian people" because Peter is HIS (earthly authority)because Peter is the source of unity for the entire Universal Catholic Church. This is "exactly" why thousands of contradicting and inconsistent Protestant denominations(all who reject Jesus Christs appointed Bishop (papal) authority as overseers, EVEN disagree with each other (on basis Christian doctrine)--CANNOT BE CHRIST TRUE UNIVERSAL CHURCH!.........Distorting facts, deceiving other Christians, manipulating the TRUTH and lying about what the Church actually beleives and teaches, who the Pope is and what the TRUE INTERPRETATION regarding what the Bible truthfully means and says, is what you bible only (self appointed) RELATIVE TRUTH editorialists------ DO BEST!!
I'm curious,..serious question ..answer or not .

Obviously you were not satisfied in your old Church .

But had ..you ever felt tat you were born again into Salvation ...

Or were you just going through he motions

I can relate if you were,..

But did you ever feel hat you had received Grace ..had Faith

and the enlightenment of the SPIRIT .

Please I'm not asking how old the CC TRADITION is .

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

rosesez is wrong wrote:
<quoted text>You are vile. Are you threatening me? Your true colors are coming out. People are seeing you for what you are. I doubt you ever went to a Catholic school, ever. You lie like a rug. Remember, Christ knows who you really are and what you are doing. You need to stop bearing false witness on the Catholics here, dig? And please proof read your posts.
Typical!!.LOL...Like, know one knows who You are LOL..

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

The attacks on Rosez are pathetic, This board cannot seem to tolerate a decent person.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

rosesez is wrong wrote:
<quoted text>You are vile. Are you threatening me? Your true colors are coming out. People are seeing you for what you are. I doubt you ever went to a Catholic school, ever. You lie like a rug. Remember, Christ knows who you really are and what you are doing. You need to stop bearing false witness on the Catholics here, dig? And please proof read your posts.
Rose is about the only one here that is NOT VILE. She has a purer heart than you do Mr. Magoo. Just because you Catholic's don't like what she post you call her vile...get a grip on realty. there are tons of people in this world that dislike your church and for a reason...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
The attacks on Rosez are pathetic, This board cannot seem to tolerate a decent person.
Or any person that disagrees with them....
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Rose is about the only one here that is NOT VILE. She has a purer heart than you do Mr. Magoo. Just because you Catholic's don't like what she post you call her vile...get a grip on realty. there are tons of people in this world that dislike your church and for a reason...
Cheer up, this should make you happy:

Lahore: Catholic Church in Pakistan has announced three days of mourning after a twin suicide on a Church in Peshawar yesterday. Archbishop Joseph Coutts of Karachi condemned the terrorist attack which claimed 83, including seven children, and injured more than 100 at All Saints Church, located in a narrow market of Kohati gate area.
http://www.persecution.in/content/missionary-...

Now go celebrate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mass ain't all about us. Its about Him. We worship the Lord there and partake in the Eucharist. If you weren't so fixated on worshiping the Bible, you'd see that the Mass is the Bible coming to life. That's why the Catholic Church compiled a Bible, so they could bring it into the Mass and read it aloud.
I do my best to not poke fun at how others worship God. You have no problem with it. Then again, you have no problem calling the Lords Mother an incompetent criminal either.
if ALL of you catholics are on the same page, why are we reading about the left and the right causing dissension in the RCC.lol

http://ncronline.org/news/vatican/pope-franci...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheer up, this should make you happy:
Lahore: Catholic Church in Pakistan has announced three days of mourning after a twin suicide on a Church in Peshawar yesterday. Archbishop Joseph Coutts of Karachi condemned the terrorist attack which claimed 83, including seven children, and injured more than 100 at All Saints Church, located in a narrow market of Kohati gate area.
http://www.persecution.in/content/missionary-...
Now go celebrate.
You are disgusting and lack what it takes to be a true Christian....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Rosa_Winkel 225,718
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Double Fine 730,784
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 15 min DeAngelo of Memphis 2,218
Love Dressing Up 25 min GR4H4M 1
anyone up for a bbm swap of pics ;) (May '12) 41 min girls united ststes 267
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr USA-1 117,879
Was President Obama Born in Kenya? 1 hr USA-1 9
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr monu chauhan 104
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr River Tam 599,583
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 259,385