Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 684018 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

United States

#479209 Sep 29, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
same thing that even you catholics do.lol
we both spoke out against a belief that makes us unpopular
-
-
Clay wrote:
it wouldn't be right to be a part of Christ and also be considered popular. lol.
seriously, to follow Jesus in my opinion, also means we need to prepare to be hated. I know we all bicker on here, but if we all claim to follow the Lord, then we all will be rejected just like Him. its happening now in this country. It doesn't matter if you're Catholic or Protestant. They'll reject us just because we follow the Lord. Secularism is really starting to take root and it doesn't look good for the future Christians. They will not care which one of us believes in the assumption of Mary. We will be thrown in the same category for following Jesus Christ.
"I expect to die in a hospital bed; my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square"
Archbishop of Chicago in a speech last year.
-
-
The Catholic Church isn't hated for following Christ.
truth

Perth, Australia

#479210 Sep 29, 2013
please tell me
How you call first people who start cooking with fire?

Why you think someone is stupid you are smart?
Shame on you!
Is that nice?
no

my anger
more worse
How its look?
as someone try tric you on very sneaky way

then you say well well we will seeeeeeee

i never say like that as i never think like that no

no good not well

now
why is like that

zaostrene prste ass evil

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

its mean two type of finger sensor
very dangarose

yep
more talk by-self more know
where

yes its easy find too

more talk more easy find

why is like that

my mind is not yours as well not myyyyyyyyyyyy

then what i touch on that INRI
truth

Perth, Australia

#479211 Sep 29, 2013
sharp finger direction as arrow but as spener as mecanic

aaaaaaaaaaaa you are craft

i am not care what so ever
you are not carefull as well not smart
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo

whats deference between universe sensor and earthly sensor from continent to contienent..
a heavenly and earthly god

who told you my mind is yours..
no

i have to stop used my kids compjuter
calaric jupiterovich
which color you are
oj kolaru napravi mi nogu
da dragana poljubiti mogu
its mean someone who have problem with lag not walking proply
they attacking me allready and accuse with evil evil police which not control evil satanic wicket people but they did not know how much thety are dangerose people on this earth=evil

because of that i say to you your law is not my law as never beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

that evil satanic wicket spirit are constantly attacking me and my familyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

your law and your corupt police do nothing is they stay under control of that evil people witjhin goverment
owfull evil people without any shame criminals within as in

did you know now i know who they areeeeeeeeeeeeee
evillllllllllllllllllllllll

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

#479212 Sep 29, 2013
must working with wood or metal

evil mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

i know that criminals with nice lips but they do on invisible evil way

i will find you all

very soon

shut up criminals

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#479213 Sep 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I really hate to say this, but I do not believe anything that comes from the mouths of a certain husband wife team. I've prayed with sincerity for a persons health before...but I just can't get pass some incidents though. I see deliberate attempts at deception and it bothers me. Approach with caution.
One of the reasons I'm Catholic is because I see the amount of deception it takes to debunk it. its gotta be the Church of Jesus Christ based on that alone.
I'm surprised at you on this ..a tragedy ..why would a mother lie,about such a thing ..can't you see this hurt her .

Really Clay ..IMO..this,animosity has,gotten way out of hand,.

And the,EVIL one rejoices,at God's,children hurting each other ..

I for one beg God's,forgiveness,.....

And,will ask Him to help me forgive ...those who bear bad things,towards,me .

Believe as you like,..I've said,all I'm going to on my early Catholic education ..

Really this has one way tooo..far ..And,I Believe hurts,God,when we,HURT Each other

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#479214 Sep 29, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I dont care what you sat about us. But God forgive you truly for saying what you said about Lisa and the pain, heartache and tears after all these years for our dear little angel who suffered so with cancer. Rose kept her alive long after the Drs thought she would be gone. Lisa was hospitalized and Rose would take in a swimsuit for her and they would "go to the beach in the hallway".God Bless out Lisa in heaven and may our Savior and little Lisa forgive you. You could not possibly fathom the pain that your remark someone who still grieves for her child.
GOD BE,WITH YOU BOTH ..HUG Sera,for me ..I cannot even fathom.the,pain of losing that baby ..on it

Lamb of God..Grant them peace

As,I say this,has,gone,too far,..I'm sorry for,any part I had in this,discussion if it brought any pain your way ..

You will always,be good people of God,in my eyes,..And have taught me much .

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#479215 Sep 29, 2013
OldJG wrote:
The Roman Catholic Church has historically taught that embryos, fetuses, or infants that die before being baptized may suffer one of two fates in the afterlife:
1. Because they suffer from original sin, they will end up being tortured in Hell for all eternity. On the bright side, many church theologians suggest that they might suffer a lighter degree of pain than adults who died in mortal sin. However, their punishment will still be infinite in nature because it will last forever without any hope of cessation.
2. Because they suffer from original sin but not from any sin that they have personally committed, they will spend eternity in Limbo -- a pleasant place where they will never mature into adulthood.
In recent decades, some Catholic theologians have departed from the Church's traditional position and suggested that unbaptized infants, etc. may somehow attain salvation and thus be accepted into Heaven.
The current Catechism states that there is a possibility that this might happen. A document issued by the Church's International Theological Commission and approved by Pope Paul XVI states that there are "... serious theological and liturgical grounds" for hope in their eventual salvation.
The Roman Catholic church's position on Limbo seems to remain in limbo.
Someday they might understand that if they believed in and followed the teaching of the Word of God, those type of problems would never surface!!!!!

Location hidden

#479216 Sep 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Dogma can't be changed. Limbo isn't Dogma.
700 yrs ago, students were taught that the world was flat, the Catholic Church needed to change what they were teaching about it because .... well, new info arrived that showed the earth wasn't flat. it was round. Mankinds intellectual capacity forces us to consider things we thought were once true. That's ok Rose. Humans are a work in progress. Church dogma however, can never be changed no matter what is brought forth because the dogma is revealed from God.
Call it dogmama, doctordrain, or whatever, it is still a teaching coming from the Catholics that has no bases in Scripture...period..

I they followed the Word of God...that does not change...they would not have to redo their teachings!!!!

Location hidden

#479217 Sep 29, 2013
tradition: paradosis: transmission, i.e.(concretely) a precept; specially, the Jewish traditionary law:--ordinance, tradition.

Clay is actually arguing, and knows not that he does, that the Catholics are following the Jewish traditionary law...ordinance!!!!!!

Halakhah: Jewish Law
The root of the Hebrew term used to refer to Jewish law, halakhah, means "go" or "walk." Halakhah, then, is the "way" a Jew is directed to behave in every aspect of life, encompassing civil, criminal, and religious law.

The foundation of Judaism is the Torah (the first five books of the Hebrew Bible, sometimes referred to as “the Five Books of Moses”).

"Torah" means "instruction" or "teaching," and like all teaching it requires interpretation and application. Jewish tradition teaches that Moses received the Torah from God at Mount Sinai. The Torah is replete with instructions, directives, statutes, laws, and rules. Most are directed to the Israelites, some to all humanity.

Anybody ever know a Catholic that behaved as a Jew in every aspect of life, encompassing civil, criminal, and religious law...per the Torah????

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#479218 Sep 29, 2013
The innermost spiritual sense of Orthodox Monasticism is revealed in joyful mourning.'

This paradoxical phrase denotes a spiritual state in which a monk in his prayer grieves for the sins of the world and at the same time experiences the regenerating spiritual joy of Christ's forgiveness and resurrection.

The Church does not have one set of moral rules for the laity and another for monks, nor does it divide the faithful into classes according to their obligations towards God.

The Christian life is the same for everyone. All Christians have in common that "their being and name is from Christ" 1. This means that the true Christian must ground his life and conduct in Christ, something which is hard to achieve in the world.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#479219 Sep 29, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
The innermost spiritual sense of Orthodox Monasticism is revealed in joyful mourning.'
This paradoxical phrase denotes a spiritual state in which a monk in his prayer grieves for the sins of the world and at the same time experiences the regenerating spiritual joy of Christ's forgiveness and resurrection.
The Church does not have one set of moral rules for the laity and another for monks, nor does it divide the faithful into classes according to their obligations towards God.
The Christian life is the same for everyone. All Christians have in common that "their being and name is from Christ" 1. This means that the true Christian must ground his life and conduct in Christ, something which is hard to achieve in the world.
yeah especially when they 'pray' to men.

That's why I can't pray with them Rozese, nobody who trusts Jesus for everything prays to dead brothers and sisters, unless maybe they don't feel God alone answers prayers.

That is reason alone not to have even lunch with them on assumed false communion.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#479220 Sep 29, 2013
well Saul did that.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#479221 Sep 29, 2013
God alone answers prayers, and He knows when you pray to His creation instead of Him.

Location hidden

#479222 Sep 29, 2013
Spouting off in Topix and making no sense at all, and alienating people is a much more holier life than a monk who lives in constant prayer, meditation and search for union with Christ. would advise anyone in holy topix, who are doing God's work here to not pray with a monk. They are clearly beneath you.They gave up their worldly life to be with God. You gave up your worldly life to judge others on a computer , even who is worthy to pray with you or not.

Location hidden

#479223 Sep 29, 2013
I believe my post regarding joyful mourning was wrong. Instead of saying mourning for others sins I should have said we should judge them for their sins, show how we ourselves are above them,and then assume, not humbly but pridefully that God is on our side and does not hear their prayer. Please accept my correction

Location hidden

#479224 Sep 29, 2013
marge wrote:
God alone answers prayers, and He knows when you pray to His creation instead of Him.
"and He knows when you pray to His creation instead of Him."

Betcha cannot explain to me what that means!!!!!! "Pray to his creation?????!!!"

Location hidden

#479225 Sep 29, 2013
God better get a better switchboard operator because despite some people here wanting to block my calls he has answered my prayers and saved me from death at least 2 times. He is answering me now cause I feel his sense of peace.And NOONE can take that away from me with their vain words in Topix.
truth

Perth, Australia

#479226 Sep 29, 2013
God love his creation.

'love your God with mind and heart'

Why you translate differently?

if god not protect me i am not be alive today
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#479227 Sep 30, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Call it dogmama, doctordrain, or whatever, it is still a teaching coming from the Catholics that has no bases in Scripture...period..
I they followed the Word of God...that does not change...they would not have to redo their teachings!!!!
Catholic Church "doctrine,or dogma with regards to faith and morals HAS NOT CHANGED in over 2000 years, nor will EVER CHANGE, while your 42,000 bible only (self-interpreting) "contradicting" denominations continue to fracture, splinter and divide more and more each day.(42,000 today, 42,100 tomorrow, 42,200 the next day) with no end IN SIGHT to the hodge-podge of inconsistencies.(i.e abortion, gay marriage, euthenasia, embroyonic stem cell research, homosexual ministers)....... YOU CAN HAVE IT!!! IT IS "ALL" YOURS!!!!..... I/we as Catholics, will continue to remain with the authenticated, proven and verifable TRUTH of the TRUE GOSPEL and the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the Bible that has been substantiated and grounded in the TRUE FAITH and SALVATION of Jesus Christ for over 2000 years, manifested ONLY in HIS One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ) We, as Catholics will continue to worship God in----HIS WAY. You bible only "42,000 editorialists" can (argue, debate and fight with each other) worshipping God, EACH--- IN YOUR OWN WAY!!!
Clay

Detroit, MI

#479228 Sep 30, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>How dare you!!! You calling me a liar now? My daughter died oct 23 1980 her birthday was oct 1 1974....we lived in military housing and she died from cancer. My neighbor was a phillipino woman married to a tech sargent in the air force...the base was Keesler afb....she is buried va cemetery in Bilioxi ms....now you want the name???? You are without doubt a soulless person.I find that all you catholics here are souless and have no heart,as you claim to have,.Get this one thing clear clay...I do not lie!!! And I refuse to lie and my daughter is the reason why!!!! Wanna talk about deception?????? YOU HAVE DONE YOUR FAIR SHARE OF IT ALSO.I BET YOUR PROUD OF YOURSELF!!!! What a great example you are of Christian compassion...All of you here share the same DNA when it comes to personal attacks and for that reason alone you will never slide anyone on this forum over to your faith.....YOU ASS...(now, is that a mule,donkey,or something else) pick one they all fit you!!
This is one of the reasons why I have trouble believing you. I was only doubting your story of the Catholic woman who said your daughter wasn't in Heaven. I wasn't doubting the death of your daughter.

And I'm certainly not calling you a flat out liar about the Philippino Catholic woman. I just can't see how anyone would go to their neighbor after they've just lost a child and say, "your daughter isn't in Heaven, so I'm praying for her". I mean, it COULD happen, I just find it difficult to believe. I know what I would do to my neighbor if they said that to me. And there are morons out there that would say that to a grieving Mother, but the odds are not very high. part of me thought you made it up to smear the Church on has limbo understandings. sorry for making you upset and reliving that terrible time period.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min WasteWater 18,090
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Gabriel 983,378
Testing. 1 hr ImPeach 3
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 hr Tony 6,423
getting pregnant by much older man 9 hr George Justapose 5
Amazon's Jeff Bezzos worth 90 BILLION DOLLARS??! 9 hr George Justapose 2
Derrick Rose coming to Cavaliers REAL Class Act... 9 hr George Justapose 4
More from around the web