Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673407 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#479164 Sep 29, 2013
You can always count on Topix each day for a good stoning.Its better than a Greek village.First a person is caught in the crosshairs. The victim tries to explain themselves but the persecutors are impatient. They toy with the victim's feelings for a while and then....... The stones are flasiled, from the left,from the right. Then you have the lurkers in the bullpen waiting their turn.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#479165 Sep 29, 2013
Robert.

since you know NOTHING about Preaching.

let me be very clear to you.

A PREACHER PREACHES WHAT GOD GIVES THEM,

not what they see as you proclaim(And he preaches what he want to see.)

you, to me, are a pseudo intellect. you think that you are more intelligent than others on this forum, but I can assure you that YOU ARE NOT.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#479166 Sep 29, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>Hate to break it to ya, but there aren't too many latin masses around. http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregatio... So, you are in your middle to late seventies?
Really??? Why is that???

Location hidden

#479167 Sep 29, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
You can always count on Topix each day for a good stoning.Its better than a Greek village.First a person is caught in the crosshairs. The victim tries to explain themselves but the persecutors are impatient. They toy with the victim's feelings for a while and then....... The stones are flasiled, from the left,from the right. Then you have the lurkers in the bullpen waiting their turn.
sad but true....
Clay

Detroit, MI

#479168 Sep 29, 2013
OldJG wrote:
You radical fanaticals critique limbo (which btw you use the fundie code of deception to teach what the cc teaches about it) anyway, you seem to ignore the fact that you teach that all Muslims, Jews, Catholics and everyone else who God loves are going to Hell for not being born again according to your definition of 'born again'. so really, limbo is hardly an issue given the fact that you just condemned everyone but the inhabitants of your compound to hell anyway.
To bad for the first 1900 yrs of Christianity. Everyone had the wrong Gospel until Rose, Concerned in Egypt, Preston, Confrint and Old Gee were able to decipher the real Christianity using careful Bible study classes. That's exactly like I would have conveyed my important message of salvation if I was Jesus...through the likes of you guys! lol.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#479169 Sep 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Their inventions usually are for bilking money from their congregants..
example is selling indulgences, charging for high mass and other things that have no biblical basis...
It's a wonder that they haven't started selling special mansions in heaven
beings they claim to be the sole landlord.
Guess Limbo just didn't fly...
~~~

How much does a Priest usually charge to pay a person out of (the fabled)
purgatory any way......

Merchandising in the souls of human beings...

Location hidden

#479170 Sep 29, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I have been on here for many years. lets see you prove that I am wrong.
a simple thing if you are correct. LOL
God says what He means.

Hosea 11:1 out of Egypt, I called my Son.

notice what Robert says about the "wilderness of sinai' being Egypt, yet Hosea is clear that it is Egypt, not Sinai.

of course Robert knows more than God. he has been taught by several atheist teachers in the past.lol

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#479171 Sep 29, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>read the link that he posted Rose..
Thanks.

The whole thing became unbelievable to me ..when by FAITH I was born again....realizing ALL SIN WENT TO THE CROSS..the,CUP WAS,our sin .

It is,finished ..The,PRICE HAS BEEN PAID ..

But I definitely was,taught ..limbo ..for babies,.

NOW,IF THE POPE CAME OUT changing something ..OBVIOUSLY..IT HAD BEEN DIFFERENT ..

WHAT A,CONCEPT..

AND GOOD FOR HIM....GOD BLESS HIM FOR THAT..

VATICAN 2 was,a big change ..things change all the time ..

I do not know why on earth..his,is,so hard for them to get ..to he point They lump he beliefs,taught a CHILD ..to lump.me with Pelosi ..And abortion advocate .

Sounds,like desperation ..why is,changing Church teachings,such a,threat

Quite frankly..I had decided yesterday I do not wish to discuss their,CHURCH

BUT I will not be called a,liar nor a Pelosi

I'm not a,Catholic ..I cannot be a,Catholic in name only

I was a young CATHOLUC taught by nuns..did everything I was,supposed,..to.

I feel closer to Jesus,now than I ever did ..

None if tat means,I was lying .

We paid for pagan babies,too ..5 dollars,..we could name them ..

It was,a good charity ..the name today is not politically correct ..

We,were,taught six actual days,for Creation ..the morning and the,evening and the next morning ....

Live with it!!!!! Women ..who bear false witness and,move on ..

NOT YOU SERA,.

Location hidden

#479172 Sep 29, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>sad but true....
don't pat any attention to what marge the alpha male says. one time she said that GIF and myself were taught by satan himself.

and all just because we don't believe as she believes
truth

Perth, Australia

#479173 Sep 29, 2013

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#479174 Sep 29, 2013
Link did not post first time

Limbo never been a defined part of the faith but being taught in Catholic schools through the 1950s.

Article: Catholic Church Casts Aside Theory On State Of Limbo

Refers to: Monsignor William H. Shannon of Rochester, N.Y: Jesuit weekly magazine America

THAT THINKING IS AN ABOUT-FACE FROM WHAT WAS BEING TAUGHT IN CATHOLIC SCHOOLS THROUGH THE 1950S.

"It must be clearly understood that the child dying without baptism is lost. He is not in some midway state between salvation and damnation," wrote a contributor to an authorized textbook widely used in Catholic universities, "The Teaching of the Catholic Church," edited by George D. Smith. The contributing author, the Rev. B.V. Miller, called the teaching on limbo "part of the defined Catholic faith."
Most theologians today dispute that opinion.
"He is wrong. Limbo has never been a defined part of the faith. There has never been a dogmatic definition of limbo," said the Rev. Richard P. McBrien, a priest from Hartford who teaches theology at the University of Notre Dame and author of "Catholicism," a summary of church teaching.

http://articles.courant.com/1993-10-30/news/0...
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#479175 Sep 29, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I read your link and that was dated 2007. So that means up until 2007 there was a limbo then.So rose is correct.After 2007 the catholic church did away with it. That's what this link says...correct?
Nobody here ever claimed the church did not teach Limbo we said it was never a Dogma and she said it was an infallable teaching that changed.

It came about when Augustine was arguing against the Pelegians who said they could merit sinless on their own. Augustine believed in Original sin. Augustine however did not say all babies would go to hell. Truly I tell you that unless you are born of water and spirit you cannot enter into the kingdom of Heaven. So born into original sin which most

Most Protestants believe a baby was not guilty of sins they themselves committed but would have original sin. It was speculated that their may be another place. St Thomas acquainas and others argued various points. It was debated for a very long time. Rather than stating that which had no answer they searched scripture and Holy Tradition and debated. It was never formally declared something that must be believed. Some argued a place where no suffering occured but not heaven. Others argued for this but at the judgment God would bring those who were his in full. The arguments and searchign was plentiful. A commission was established to finalize this speculation long overdue with a vast study of all the arugments. The pope along with the Bishops decided it was not something that could be found in Holy Tradition nor had it been revealed within the deposit of the Faith once given. Thus this theological debate ended and it is declared that we leave it in the hands of a Just and merciful God. There is plenty of arugment to be made for a child to enter the Kingdom of heaven but not explicitly. Some argued that simply a sincere desire of faith by the parents would be enough. God knew you in the womb so it is up to him. It was never accepted by many in the church that no baby could enter heaven, but limbo was not hell. It is not without merit that some may have taught this wrongly as something that must be believed, but then they would have been mistaken. In the End Limbo is no worse as there would be no suffering and they could be restored on the last day. We also objected to her insinuation that the church abadoned Genesis in favor of evolution or that it required to believe 6 days or that it has said the earth is x years old. I sighted Galileo as an example. The church doesnt makes infallible science claims. I rather said it would be better to find how the bible can be in confomity to facts when they are revealed in science. As Galileo in his later years said paraphrased it is not that the bible is wrong it is mans interpretation of it.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479176 Sep 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You radical fanaticals critique limbo (which btw you use the fundie code of deception to teach what the cc teaches about it) anyway, you seem to ignore the fact that you teach that all Muslims, Jews, Catholics and everyone else who God loves are going to Hell for not being born again according to your definition of 'born again'. so really, limbo is hardly an issue given the fact that you just condemned everyone but the inhabitants of your compound to hell anyway.
To bad for the first 1900 yrs of Christianity. Everyone had the wrong Gospel until Rose, Concerned in Egypt, Preston, Confrint and Old Gee were able to decipher the real Christianity using careful Bible study classes. That's exactly like I would have conveyed my important message of salvation if I was Jesus...through the likes of you guys! lol.

SHOW,ME WHERE I SAI ALL CATHOLUCD,ARE GOING TO HE'LL.

I HAVE SAID. consistently many CATHOLUCS are true believers,..That John.PAUL is,a,saint in my eyes,

It's up to Jesus,to judge our belief ..And I have said that too

It's,not a,formula,,say this your saved ...get thus,sacraments your saved ...

Jesus,said we must be born AGain into true belief ..no.matter how you name it .it's,not ritual ..it's not altar,call..though people may be saved while doing both ..ITS,JESUS ..OUR BELIEF ..OUR HEARTS OUR SOUL..

ONE BY ONE
..the same as Jesus,did ...looking into each person's, eyes ...

You people keep putting words in MY MOUTH ..

Show me u Saud you folks,ate NOT saved ..I.do not believe it ..I do not know your heart . ONLY JESUS,KNOWS..

Location hidden

#479177 Sep 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
The whole thing became unbelievable to me ..when by FAITH I was born again....realizing ALL SIN WENT TO THE CROSS..the,CUP WAS,our sin .
It is,finished ..The,PRICE HAS BEEN PAID ..
But I definitely was,taught ..limbo ..for babies,.
NOW,IF THE POPE CAME OUT changing something ..OBVIOUSLY..IT HAD BEEN DIFFERENT ..
WHAT A,CONCEPT..
AND GOOD FOR HIM....GOD BLESS HIM FOR THAT..
VATICAN 2 was,a big change ..things change all the time ..
I do not know why on earth..his,is,so hard for them to get ..to he point They lump he beliefs,taught a CHILD ..to lump.me with Pelosi ..And abortion advocate .
Sounds,like desperation ..why is,changing Church teachings,such a,threat
Quite frankly..I had decided yesterday I do not wish to discuss their,CHURCH
BUT I will not be called a,liar nor a Pelosi
I'm not a,Catholic ..I cannot be a,Catholic in name only
I was a young CATHOLUC taught by nuns..did everything I was,supposed,..to.
I feel closer to Jesus,now than I ever did ..
None if tat means,I was lying .
We paid for pagan babies,too ..5 dollars,..we could name them ..
It was,a good charity ..the name today is not politically correct ..
We,were,taught six actual days,for Creation ..the morning and the,evening and the next morning ....
Live with it!!!!! Women ..who bear false witness and,move on ..
NOT YOU SERA,.
I believe you and I will tell you why. When my daughter died my neighbor who was catholic and from the Phillipenes.She prayed for my daughter 24/7 and she told me it was because my daughter was in limbo because she was not baptized. She was 6 years old..Things in the catholic church are changing with this new pope and the Traditional catholics are not to please about them changes.GBU

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479178 Sep 29, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>again, this is part of future Prophecy and can lead to some problems with different opinions as we now see concerning this "woman".
My opinion and anyone can disagree and provide Biblical proof is they so choose.
there will be TWO witnesses(and no I don't believe it will be Enoch, Elijah, Moses or any other Biblical character.
It will be TWO men that are left behind after the Rapture occurs, they will Preach in Israel and those 144,000 will hear and believe, and Preach to the jewish people after those two men are killed.
after that, Israel(the woman) will flee into the wilderness,many believing it to be in the area of Petra, when she is attacked from all sides by the arab states.
That is how I see it and how this "woman" is shown to be a sign, as it is given to us in that Book.
Thanks,Preston ...

My guess,was,Enoch and Elijah ..since it is,given to msn to due once and they die ...But they didn't before .

But it could be someone alive then also ..we will know when it happens,..
Clay

Detroit, MI

#479179 Sep 29, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>don't pat any attention to what marge the alpha male says. one time she said that GIF and myself were taught by satan himself.
and all just because we don't believe as she believes
What??@*#&%? what do you have against her beliefs, Preston?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479180 Sep 29, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I believe you and I will tell you why. When my daughter died my neighbor who was catholic and from the Phillipenes.She prayed for my daughter 24/7 and she told me it was because my daughter was in limbo because she was not baptized. She was 6 years old..Things in the catholic church are changing with this new pope and the Traditional catholics are not to please about them changes.GBU
A six year old???

Jesus,said difference children to come to Me ..I believe. And good
thing ... His,word is unchanging ...unlike the words,of men or institutions,.

God keep you SERA,..And comfort you until you are,reunited

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479181 Sep 29, 2013
........SUFFER THE CHILDREN ..TO COME TO HIM

Auto correct sorry

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#479182 Sep 29, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody here ever claimed the church did not teach Limbo we said it was never a Dogma and she said it was an infallable teaching that changed.
It came about when Augustine was arguing against the Pelegians who said they could merit sinless on their own. Augustine believed in Original sin. Augustine however did not say all babies would go to hell. Truly I tell you that unless you are born of water and spirit you cannot enter into the kingdom of Heaven. So born into original sin which most
Most Protestants believe a baby was not guilty of sins they themselves committed but would have original sin. It was speculated that their may be another place. St Thomas acquainas and others argued various points. It was debated for a very long time. Rather than stating that which had no answer they searched scripture and Holy Tradition and debated. It was never formally declared something that must be believed. Some argued a place where no suffering occured but not heaven. Others argued for this but at the judgment God would bring those who were his in full. The arguments and searchign was plentiful. A commission was established to finalize this speculation long overdue with a vast study of all the arugments. The pope along with the Bishops decided it was not something that could be found in Holy Tradition nor had it been revealed within the deposit of the Faith once given. Thus this theological debate ended and it is declared that we leave it in the hands of a Just and merciful God. There is plenty of arugment to be made for a child to enter the Kingdom of heaven but not explicitly. Some argued that simply a sincere desire of faith by the parents would be enough. God knew you in the womb so it is up to him. It was never accepted by many in the church that no baby could enter heaven, but limbo was not hell. It is not without merit that some may have taught this wrongly as something that must be believed, but then they would have been mistaken. In the End Limbo is no worse as there would be no suffering and they could be restored on the last day. We also objected to her insinuation that the church abadoned Genesis in favor of evolution or that it required to believe 6 days or that it has said the earth is x years old. I sighted Galileo as an example. The church doesnt makes infallible science claims. I rather said it would be better to find how the bible can be in confomity to facts when they are revealed in science. As Galileo in his later years said paraphrased it is not that the bible is wrong it is mans interpretation of it.
Where did I say dogma,..I was taught limbo as,a,young Catholic student .
Not how the belief was qualified ..
Clay

Detroit, MI

#479183 Sep 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>...
SHOW,ME WHERE I SAI ALL CATHOLUCD,ARE GOING TO HE'LL.
I HAVE SAID. consistently many CATHOLUCS are true believers,..That John.PAUL is,a,saint in my eyes,
It's up to Jesus,to judge our belief ..And I have said that too
It's,not a,formula,,say this your saved ...get thus,sacraments your saved ...
Jesus,said we must be born AGain into true belief ..no.matter how you name it .it's,not ritual ..it's not altar,call..though people may be saved while doing both ..ITS,JESUS ..OUR BELIEF ..OUR HEARTS OUR SOUL..
ONE BY ONE
..the same as Jesus,did ...looking into each person's, eyes ...
You people keep putting words in MY MOUTH ..
Show me u Saud you folks,ate NOT saved ..I.do not believe it ..I do not know your heart . ONLY JESUS,KNOWS..
I don't know exactly what you believe. that's part of the mess of Protestantism and 'evangelicalism'.

I guess I assumed you'd think everyone on earth who is not born again- according to the criteria of the mega church pastors- are headed to hell. this would include most of the world as we know it...basically, we are all headed to hell except for the folks in the compound who did the alter call and became born again.
Oldjg is in charge of pamphlet distribution and the spaghetti dinner on Fri nights at the compound.
What I was saying though, is Limbo pales in comparison to what you guys teach what awaits me and my Catholic family when we die.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min trifecta1 981,407
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 15 min Lonestar 104,828
News Judge allows Oregon resident to be genderless 40 min East Coast Larry 2
News Michael Jackson broke down racial barriers (Jun '09) 42 min Mojo Hojo 1,562
News Continue reading O'Reilly wig comment just the ... 55 min slick willie expl... 3
Well.......now I KNOW I won't buy with Amazon.com 2 hr Pizza Delivery 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr bad bob 184,628
More from around the web