Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
462,161 - 462,180 of 539,152 Comments Last updated 16 min ago
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#478808 Sep 27, 2013
Confrinting: UNLESS YOU CAN VALIDATE AND GIVE SCRIPTURE (book, chapter and verse) FROM THE BIBLE BEFORE ALL OF US ON THIS FORUM that Sola Scriptura or bible only was the ONLY SOURCE that was taught and proclaimed BY the Apostles in Jesus Christs 1st Churches in the NEW Testament (Antioch, Ephesus, Corinth, Galatia, Thessalonica, etc AND IT IS THE ONE (AND ONLY) SOURCE OF FOUNDATION FOR GODS WORD, THAT YOU CLAIM, THEN "ALL" OF YOUR BIBLE TEACHING AND PREACHING IS ZILCH, ZERO, NOTHING BUT EDITORIALIZED "RELATIVE TRUTH"!!!!----JUST AS I THOUGHT, THERE IS "NO PROOF"!!!

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#478809 Sep 27, 2013
Stormageddon wrote:
Religion sure is a heck of a thing when a fraternity of child molesters can call itself a church.
Hey Storm

Never thought I'd see that baby pic in this neck of the woods ..

Welcome to the madness
truth

Perth, Australia

#478810 Sep 27, 2013
peasant can destroy you too

'weed seed and good seed'

your cheep chips as so corupt seed as you have as smooth silky skin
in light burn
as gold and silver as well others element burn

then where you will be
atmosphere
stratosphere
troposphere

remember anger can burn

yep

god put under test pure soul=spirit too

every spirit is not holy
remember that
LTM

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#478811 Sep 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We will be judged by what we know ..
I really believe AGAIN....OVER AND OVER ..GOD USES WHO HE USES
so that MANY MORE WOULD HEAR THAT MESSAGE ..
Ten CATHOLUC Church spread the message ..do did others including Orthodox and early SCRIPTURE believers .
Your Church got caught up in Power ..in monarchies ..in trying to FORCE
it's message on others..Jesus never forced anyone to say tHey
Believed . FREE WILL. KICK THE DUST OFF ..not torture or allow their
CHOSEN MONARCHS TO USE FORCE ..instead of the word ...
So HE ALLOWED FOR others who would spread HIS WORD to more people ...through evangelizing and he BIBle..
All those souls who may NOT HAVE HEARD . certainly NOT READ ..while Rome dabbled in power and politics .
The Protest was allowed ..to spread the GOSPEL...And such """coincidental ???""""tim ing with bible printing ..Gee wonder if GOD KNEW .And before the NEW WORLD settlement ..by PEOPKE WANTING O WORSHIP ....not forced into CATHOLIC or Church of England ..mold .
DO YOU THINK THIS WAS COINCIDENCE...really ..?????
THIS WAS A SURPRISE ???
Jesus did not come to Create a,NEW TEMPLE of priests ..with power and ring kissing...And worst of all king making ..grabbing lands of so called heretics ...
So HE USED THE REFORMERS ..perfect ..no ..But He used them.
the same way JESUS CAME to a people who looked for MESSIAH ...BUT at a time when trading and roads of the ROMAN EMPIRE o spread the word more easily
Why not earlier ?????
GODS HAND IS in all of this!!!#!
SO AS MANY humble people as possible will HEAR ...as you asked .
Your comment assumes they won t ..without your Church
He uses HIS PEOPLE ...ALL OF US.
Amen Rose Well said. and very true.
truth

Perth, Australia

#478812 Sep 27, 2013
elisha and elija as well esther as well others are nothing at all
no

real Creator exist

its warning to you
as you constant attacking others
i told you
real Creator exist

possessors and decivers are nothing at all

remember
'if i need i remove you all'

remember
if i need will remove this planet as well many others

who say that
not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

if words stuck in my mind
then who speak
not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

then

Where lovely power stay
as entire universe can control

certainly not in Elisha or Elijah or Ester or any saints
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo

They did not know day or whats will be happen in future.
If they know something they try hide from others.
But Earth swear to Heaven not will be secret between each other. noooooooooooooooooooooo

its mean when end come no-one of them going save nothing at all..

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#478813 Sep 27, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
“To kill a peasant is not murder; it is helping to extinguish the conflagration. Let there be no half measures! Crush them! Cut their throats! Transfix them. Leave no stone unturned! To kill a peasant is to destroy a mad dog!”–“If they say that I am very hard and merciless, mercy be damned. Let whoever can stab, strangle, and kill them like mad dogs”
“I, Martin Luther, have during the rebellion slain al the peasants, for it was I who ordered them to be struck dead. All their blood is upon my head. But I put it all on our Lord God: for he commanded me to speak thus.”
“Christ committed adultery first of all with the women at the well about whom St. John tell’s us. Was not everybody about Him saying:‘Whatever has He been doing with her?’ Secondly, with Mary Magdalen, and thirdly with the women taken in adultery whom He dismissed so lightly. Thus even, Christ who was so righteous, must have been guilty of fornication before He died
"If your Papist annoys you with the word ('alone'- Rom. 3:28), tell him straightway, Dr. Martin Luther will have it so: Papist and ass are one and the same thing. Whoever will not have my translation, let him give it the go-by: the devil's thanks to him who censures it without my will and knowledge. Luther will have it so, and he is a doctor above all the doctors in Popedom."
"The book of Esther I toss into the Elbe. I am such an enemy to the book of Esther that I wish it did not exist, for it Judaizes too much and has in it a great deal of heathenish foolishness."
“ If I had to baptize a Jew, I would take him to the bridge of the Elbe, hang a stone round his neck and push him over with the words I baptize thee in the name of Abraham”
"Let no one believe himself competent to understand Holy Scripture, unless he has, for a hundred years, governed the Church with the Prophets, with Elijiah and Elisha, St. John the Baptist, Jesus Christ and the Apostles." -Luther, Table-talk, trans. Gustave Brunet, Paris, Garnier, 1844, pg. 290.
Sounds anti protestant literature ...But no one here worships Luther .

I don't even know what all he nailed up..But that's what I'd believe he said ...not gossip ...just my opinion .

I know he was against selling indulgences

He also REALIZED WHILE DOING A GRAVE PENANCE ..That no person can make up for sin ..how much for what .

ONLY ONE SACRIFICE WAS WORTHY..AND PAID ...OR we'd all be in he'll.

He had the courage to speak up...he was not perfect..

But on some things,whereas right ...

You cannot make kings,and allow them to torture people and NEVER EXCOMMUNICATE THEM..

SORRY but I really BELIEVE the Church needed to change this .

And things HAVE CHANGED IN THE CHURCH ...English Mass ..bible study

The CHURCH does good things ..But wrong too.

And God used. All believers..

I pray daily to know truth when I read it or post it ...

From another post there have always been loons ..it seriously mental.people who use God to explain evil..

Your Borgia was one ..those who allowed the Inquistion .

The terrorists in the planes ...

But if you follow the true words of Christ ...Believe in Him ...be born again ..

Ask the FATHER IN HIS NAME .....how can you be wrong ..

It's not he POPE that saves ..it's Jesus

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#478814 Sep 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Storm
Never thought I'd see that baby pic in this neck of the woods ..
Welcome to the madness
Madness?
You mean "profanity" in disguise don't you?
Listen Ro...I am sorry if I have ever offended you. You are one of the more rational and decent posters here....whether I agree with your philosophy and religion or not...just being honest, and thought you deserved that. I am not asking you for forgiveness. I earned whatever feelings you have toward me...nuff said.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#478815 Sep 27, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Rose Well said. and very true.
Thanks ..I truly think He uses us ..ALL Christians for HIS GREAT COMMISSION

EVEN IF WE TELL ONE person ..or support a mission ..or send 10 dollars to get bibles in repressed countries ...or support Catholic or other charities

..there is a Church food bank ..gives people food and prays with them .

Tiny things in Jesus name .

SAMARITANSPURSE.ORG

Said it before uses most of their money ..4 star rating on Charity Navigator ...to go anywhere there is disaster and poverty in Jesus name

No hoopla .they just go ..

Pray with a neighbor who is in poor health

AND yes saying a sincere prayer or posting scripture That someone might pray with or see on a public forum in Jesus name .

Every time we profess our Lord as OUR SAVIIOUR
We are obeying ..unless we do it in disrespect .

We obey

My opinion

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#478816 Sep 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
Confrinting: UNLESS YOU CAN VALIDATE AND GIVE SCRIPTURE (book, chapter and verse) FROM THE BIBLE BEFORE ALL OF US ON THIS FORUM that Sola Scriptura or bible only was the ONLY SOURCE that was taught and proclaimed BY the Apostles in Jesus Christs 1st Churches in the NEW Testament (Antioch, Ephesus, Corinth, Galatia, Thessalonica, etc AND IT IS THE ONE (AND ONLY) SOURCE OF FOUNDATION FOR GODS WORD, THAT YOU CLAIM, THEN "ALL" OF YOUR BIBLE TEACHING AND PREACHING IS ZILCH, ZERO, NOTHING BUT EDITORIALIZED "RELATIVE TRUTH"!!!!----JUST AS I THOUGHT, THERE IS "NO PROOF"!!!
some one has hit you over the head to many times with a tennis racket.

how shall they get saved except it(the Bible) is Preached.

this argument that you catholic try and present is so childish on your part, it is pathetic and so are you!

not one person would ever get Saved if a person preached to them out of any book but the Bible.

to call yourself a Christian and lean on this straw boss argument constantly is a sure indication that you DONT LOVE THE LORD NOR HIS WORD ,TO FIGHT AGAINST IT AS YOU, HOJO, DO ALL OF THE TIME.

and please don't come back with you telling us that you came from a Bible only church.

your church is no more a Christian church that what the muslim brotherhood represents. and neither is the one that you present as your church now.

good night. people like you and your pseudo non religious congregation MAKE ME SICK AND SOME DAY GOD WILL SPEW YOU OUT OF HIS MOUTH
truth

Perth, Australia

#478817 Sep 27, 2013
don't be naiv
old cherubim is second in line

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#478818 Sep 27, 2013
Husker Du wrote:
<quoted text>You know rose, some people think the devil caused Luther and others to break away from the Church, the devil goes after people, because he knows he will be defeated by Christ. The devil tries to destroy the church by causing division. Think about it.
Read my last And other answers regarding what your Church had become .

something had to change ..You cannot evangelize by force and power and allowing sin in the monarchs you put in power .in God's name

Jesus never did ..he told about His Father selector up to hearts to

Respond ..to OUR SPIRTS TO RESPOND.

he could have brought them to their knees by force ..he wants our souls

In LOVE NOT FORCE...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#478819 Sep 27, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Against my better judgment I have to reply to this sleight of hand.
Put that verse in context you deceiver. Many of your Protestant brethren are claiming that it doesnt apply to them or doesn't really mean that but we know its Just ROMAN CATHOLICS being addressed here becuase all their was in ROme was INFIDELS! The city of over a million people. Paul writes before he even goes to Rome that he does not wish to intrude on the foundation of another. In scritpure we know that when the Apostles spoke of a foundation it was in relation to another Apostle or Christ. So who was this man Paul was talking about? As he would pass through? PETER!
"In scritpure we know that when the Apostles spoke of a foundation it was in relation to another Apostle or Christ".

Such wisdom!!!!!

foundation: katabolh katabole, kat-ab-ol-ay' a deposition, i.e. founding; figuratively, conception:--conceive, foundation.

foundation: themelios, them-el'-ee-os something put down, i.e. a substruction (of a building, etc.),(literally or figuratively):--foundation

Foundation: the base on which something stands.....

Location hidden

#478820 Sep 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so sorry to hear of your illness,.no one who has,not suffered such an illness,..though I do not know,exactly EHAT ..But I've had,a,few,surgeries,myself ..related .
For what it's,worth I still say my prayer a 9 eastern on Saturdays ..for ..healing ..for knowledge ..for peace in GoDS,will....for salvation for our unsaved loved ones,..And if anyone will join me ..I'd be grateful ...
Despite,people,who think prayer,should be private,...I BELieve if God's,people Join in prayer they are,heard,well ..And who knows what can happen ..
I really wish others,believed as,I do that God uses,all those who believe in different times,and ways,..
Mt 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

You you know why Christ said that????

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#478821 Sep 27, 2013
Catholic Girl wrote:
Funny talking about the Holy Spirit here. Sunday at Mass was talk of the Holy Spirit being in each and everyone of us. If you let him in. Keep in mind the devil is always out there to entice you to his side.
Take care my friend and remember, Keep the faith baby....The Holy Spirit is inside each of us not just priests, clergy, pope, bishops, etc. but all of us.
Catholic and non CATHOLICS who are believers ..I agree ..all of us

Location hidden

#478822 Sep 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, Concerned has not gotten one single theological point correct. I am a 39 yr old catholic laity. I've only been into this stuff for a couple yrs, and I have no problem standing toe to toe with him. The man is so filled with pride that Jesus is not recognizable in him or anything he posts.
One of my biggest concerns with Protestantism is how they attach themselves to whatever charismatic preacher sways em. If the preacher is an articulate speaker or he moves them with his story telling skills, they say "look at him, he is called by God; the Holy Spirit is guiding him!"
Next think you know, your family is holed up in a compound with him and FBI agents are ready to storm the building.
The Bible warns us of men who'll come along and preach a different Gospel, or as I like to call it: a "conspiracy Christianity". That's what these guys are teaching. A conspiracy Christianity; a hidden secret Christianity or some other crap that didn't come to light because the evil Roman Church murdered billions and tortured everyone but those in the Church.
You were baptized a Catholic, go to Confession and then receive Our Lord in the Holy Eucharist and you'll be free. Trust me.
A lie..."You were baptized a Catholic, go to Confession and then receive Our Lord in the Holy Eucharist and you'll be free. Trust me."

A, There is no salvation in water..
B. Christ taught we are to confess to our Father in Heaven, in His name....catlicks confess to a man that is as great or greater sinner than they!!!!
C. There is nothing Holy about a cracker...
truth

Perth, Australia

#478823 Sep 27, 2013
Thank you very much you are my lovely friend.
To remind to be reprimand.
Please forgive me.
Where you see reprimand.

I cook old soup today with green vegetable as we call kupus-rastika.

I love my mother she do that for us kids many years.
In my house entering many times man which we call Lazo-Lazarus.
yeeeeee
He is been disable man who walk on hand and lags
poor and hungry.
I remember when my mother work very hard on midlle hot day she need cook lunch as well tired and so on..but bealive me my good mother first give lunch to Lazo then us..remember us Lazo when you entering in Kingdoom of Almighty God.
She replay to him..o did you need something else Lazo..love.
Oh he smile horible on all voice as could because poor Lazo never see any girl.

My mother my good mother she is been bless as well
happy person.
Our lovely Lazo usual sit with Roma people go far away when collect money from others as Mercy then spend there live with them few weeks as King with lots of nice girl.
When he spend money he return to us on every lunch.

Are you for sure Confee hunger for Almighty God not exist as help every day in human life?

see
Poor and madness..what our lovely God say
about that.
Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#478824 Sep 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be the most arrogant woman on this thread. Its clouding your brain.
-I could care less what Lutherans say is inspired scripture and their Bible.
-I also do not care what the post Christian Jews say is inspired when they established a canon in 90 AD.
- Jews living around the time of Christ had no official canon. And the Dead Sea Scrolls prove that the Essenes considered Tobit and Sirach as inspired scripture.
-people like you are exactly why Jesus left us with a Church and not a list of Books. You do not know how to handle the Bible. You're only relevant to you and a few other gullible victims on this thread.
Your constant lies are sickening. I pray for all you buy into your deception.
Btw, do you really believe the Earth is 5,000 yrs old? Lol The next time you call someone an idiot, I'm going to spew out whatever beverage I'm drinking- hopefully its a Heinekin.
Once again you show your arrogance and miss what the Bible teaches for you have not the Spirit that Jesus promised to those who truly make him LORD.

You measure you Christian faith in Man made years, connected to by a man made institution.

As soon as you are indwelt with the Holy Spirit you are connected to the whole church past present, and future.

Jeorme and Cyril both believed the Jews Cannon had been fixed by in the 24 books or 22 depending how two of the books were counted separte or attached to two others.

YOU CLEARLY have never studied either of these men's writings.

Once again all you have got is name calling. Sad for proof for those reading along you are incapable of defending the RCC sects assertions.

Thanks for proving me right in a round about way.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#478825 Sep 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not he POPE that saves ..it's Jesus
Too much ridiculousness to count. The church never remotely taught any such rubbish as your quote above. You are very deeply doctrinated into the realm of spewing nonsense. It seems Grace is to be anti-Catholic. Luther is your Father he gave you your novel doctrines not ever taught so for 1500 years nobody was saved until you folks came along.

As for your conjecture that the printing press and revelation were from God. Your Father Martin Luther speaks for himself. Emboldened by the invention of the Gatling Gun and the Prince who did not want to pay taxes to the King. They burned churches, looted and divided up the booty and land that was confiscated. They saw an opportunity to free themselves of morality. LUther turned on the very peasants whom he used to fuel his venture and slaughtered them. He allied with Humanists who distanced themselves from him later on. King Henry would follow because not being granted a divorce he would stretch, quarter, disembowel and hang St Thomas Moore who delivered the message. Still today you cannot be a Prime Minister in the UK if you are Catholic. Which is Why Tony Blair converted after he stepped down.

The printing press was invented by a Catholic and the bible was published in more than 1 language before the reformation. 1/2 the world still can't read and yet you want us to believe God caused the gospel to be spread to more because bibles were printed? BIG STRETCH of imagination. The early church did not use a kjv in every language to spread the bible which wasnt even put together for almost 400 years. A bible in todays terms before the printing would be about $20,000 Im sure you would all be able to have one.

You make it sound like it was ez for anyone to just tell an emperor or King what they could or could not do. It seems you forget that Christianity wasnt legal and the church was involved with the States of the time. If not then how would you even be able to get it legalized and stop persecution? You forget the Muslims rolled through the Middle East, conquered virtually all of Spain and were 1/2 way through France before they were pushed back. Was that Gods plan too? Make sure that the penalty of death would be on you if you owned a bible in Saudi Arabia?

Sorry I dont think all the extra bibles got anywhere because of the reformation let alone people to understand what it says. Its not like people just pick it up and understand it all provided they can read. Many people couldnt in the time of the Apostles either. They learned by hearing.

So no I dont buy your theory of God used the reformation to get the message to more people than the church which reached around the known world not just for politics. You seem to think the govt or emperors or Kings didnt meddle? When the Roman Empire collapsed there was chaous. The only thing to bring some semblence of order was the church. When economies collapse and people are hungry and opressed it leads to men like Hitler rising to power. The communists persectuted the Orthodox in Russia. The chinese try to control the Catholic church. It would be very odd if you dont believe churches still try to influence politics and infuse your beliefs into the system.

Protestants didnt offer anymore freedom and Catholics were treated harshly in America, but you should know it was a Catholic in America who convinced the French (Catholics) to fight against the British for Independence. It was no surprise that it took alot for Protestants to accept voting for an Irish Catholic in Kennedy. Irish and Catholic. 2 strikes against him. Catholics had to start their own schools. Catholics in Mexico have been persecuted harshly. No I dont believe Luther was sent by God but bloodshed and division abundant.

“Let the Children”

Come To Me

#478826 Sep 27, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
From the outside your church looks evil, so it makes sense that God called her out.
And that's her testimony, she got saved after she left, which is something a born-again would never lie about.
It was decades after I had stopped being religious,at all .

I prayed sometime s

sent my kid to CHRISTIAN school.

But I did nit have true saving Faith for many years,after I crusade practicing Catholicism

Why God wanted this,sinner...moved my heart and Spirit towards Him.
I have no Idea,..I did not deserve His mercy ...And,I thank God He
Gave it

GOD,BLESS you Marge

Location hidden

#478827 Sep 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you "can't prove God's TRUE words" based upon your bible only "editorialized interpretation"..There are 42,000+contradicting and inconsistent bible only splitered, divided and fractured denominations that are a "hopdge-podge" of RELATIVE TRUTH'S and yours Confrinting is just ONE OF THEM!!!. The reason is that Sola Scriptura has ABSOLUTELY NO BASIS of biblical or historical TRUTH to back up and confirm ANYTHING that it believes and teaches! You can't even prove (in the bible) that God chose to transmit HIS divine and inspired Word ONLY IN THE BIBLE. It is NOT ANYWHERE--yet you keep preaching this "17th century "man-made doctrine of half-truth, half-heresy Christianity---ONLY because of your (anti-catholic) vindictive, hostile and hatred that has corrupted your mind, heart and soul. I/we as Catholics continue to pray, each at daily Mass, that the Spirit of Jesus Christ will (eventually) lead you " out of your bondage" of hatred for Jesus Christ HIMSELF and HIS One True Catholic Church.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Since the man of God is "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!! How can he be more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!

thoroughly: completely

Only Catholics do not believe God!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay Rights dealt REAL blow!: Michael Sams cut b... 4 min andet1987 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Charlie Sheen 258,068
Nottingham Stoners (Jul '13) 6 min Terry 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Rosa_Winkel 733,190
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min Holy Pure dr Shrink 600,001
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Eagle 12 226,388
Last Word + 2 12 min andet1987 536
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 41 min JUDEletePete 118,007
•••
Enter and win $5000