Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650791 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#479094 Sep 29, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, that's BM/Free Mind. He's posting the same baloney he's done the last 30 times, word for word. Don't you recognize it? He's also "Plain Jane" and God only knows who else. His posts are all the same, he's easy to spot.
Close. Free mind, yes, plain jane not even close. Try paying better attention. This was all announced.

For one who claims to have the answers to the greatest mysteries in the universe, you sure worry about petty things.

So why was Mary left almost completely out of the Gospels? Ummm?
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#479095 Sep 29, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheer up, this should make you happy:
Lahore: Catholic Church in Pakistan has announced three days of mourning after a twin suicide on a Church in Peshawar yesterday. Archbishop Joseph Coutts of Karachi condemned the terrorist attack which claimed 83, including seven children, and injured more than 100 at All Saints Church, located in a narrow market of Kohati gate area.
http://www.persecution.in/content/missionary-...
Now go celebrate.
Seriously... does that nastiness fill a void left by your empty faith?

Using the graves of innocent victims to attack someone is lowly, even by Roman Catholic standards. Very weak indeed.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#479096 Sep 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mass ain't all about us. Its about Him. We worship the Lord there and partake in the Eucharist. If you weren't so fixated on worshiping the Bible, you'd see that the Mass is the Bible coming to life. That's why the Catholic Church compiled a Bible, so they could bring it into the Mass and read it aloud.
I do my best to not poke fun at how others worship God. You have no problem with it. Then again, you have no problem calling the Lords Mother an incompetent criminal either.
~~~

You wrote..

"you have no problem calling the Lords Mother an incompetent criminal either."

No one here has Called Mary an incompetent criminal

all that has been pointed out here is...

The beyond being the Mother of Jesus...

Mary has NO OTHER BIBLICAL ROLE in GODS PLAN OF SALVATION...

SHE WILLFULLY FULFILLED HER ROLE, JUST AS EVERY OTHER SUPPORTING ACTOR

IN THE DRAMA DID..

NOTE
Joh_13:16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

NEITHER DID THE SERVANT (MARY) BECOME EQUAL WITH HER LORD (GOD) BECAUSE

SHE HAS BEEN OBEDIENT TO HIM...

1Pe 3:1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

1Pe 3:2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.

1Pe 3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

1Pe 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

1Pe 3:5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves,

being in subjection unto their own husbands:
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#479097 Sep 29, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, it would be hard to believe her first language is English. I do believe that she in a nominal way was helped tremendously in her youth, but she did lack a deep understanding. It is good to see a renewal of deeper teaching in the church. It only takes one generation to become lax and knowledge of the truth dissipates. It happened in Israel as well. The church of Ephesus in Revelation no longer exists. What Rose doesnt understand is that she is indirectly calling Catholics liars by demanding the church changed her perceptions and assigning infallibility to theologium.
That's really my only objection as well, her insistence that the her understanding, or lack thereof, is correct and that the Church changed everything since she went to school. Well, that and calling popes "kings", and that God ordained the chaos of Protestantism. Even after several of us correct her, she continues to post to anyone and everyone that the Church now forces everyone to believe in evolution upon pain of sin and has completely changed the Book of Genesis, or that the "doctrine of limbo" has been changed on the Pope's whim, etc. Otherwise, no problem.

I don't recall telling her she wasn't Catholic either. I do know I questioned it and have always thought her understanding of what she says she was taught is very limited. I also remember coming to her defense once, saying that I thought she was sincere, albeit sincerely wrong. But that was ignored. Why am I not surprised? lol...ah, well.
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#479098 Sep 29, 2013
Sunday is no day of rest here.

It's a day of hatred.

More evidence that their gods are delusions.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#479099 Sep 29, 2013
Gods R Delusions wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously... does that nastiness fill a void left by your empty faith?
Using the graves of innocent victims to attack someone is lowly, even by Roman Catholic standards. Very weak indeed.
Agreed, it wasn't my best move. It was very difficult, however, to read about that and then two minutes later come here and read yet another attack on the very Church that had just suffered such a tragedy in Pakistan. This is the same church, these are the same souls, the mystical Body of Christ, that is being attacked on this board every single day. Just as you, yourself, couldn't help but take a cheap shot in your post above after reading the article. Also very weak, very weak indeed. But I doubt we'll get anything more from you than another snotty reply.

Then it appears Plain Jane went to the same school you did. Your posts are identical. Close, real close.

Location hidden

#479100 Sep 29, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
This one bible verse SAYS NOTHING to tell us about the Bible being THE ONE AND ONLY SOURCE of TRUTH that God chose to transmit HIS divine, infallible and inspired Word. It ONLY says that the Scriptures were inspired...WHY?? Because for the 1st 450 years (before) the Church, there was NO BIBLE! EVERYTHING that was taught in the Catholic Christian Churches came from the "oral teachings and traditions from Jesus" handed down by the Apostles along with a few written documents, manuscripts, parchments and letters (compiled) by the Apostles. Early Church Fathers (who were all Catholic Christian), spent over 400 years to translate these letters and documents (into the vernacular) from the Apostles.......... This is precisely why Sola Scriptura, bible only or Sola Ecclesia was NEVER believed by ANYONE until the 17th century. It is a "man-made" post reformation (invention)) that has "no basis" on ANY biblical or historical truth to it!! For the 1st 1700 years of the Catholic Christian Church (the word of God alone) or Sola Verbum Dei is the (the word of God) that comes to us from Christ and the Apostles through BOTH the written AND the oral tradition (unwritten) 2 Thess 2:15, which has been entrrusted to the Church that Jesus Christ HIMSELF builds upon the rock of Peter (Matt 16:13-21 and I Tim 3:15. The ineffable wisdom of God is made known through HIS CHURCH (Eph. 3:9-10 This is exactly why Paul (clearly, specifically and precisely) in his letter to TIMOTHY tells us that THE CHURCH (NOT THE BIBLE ALONG) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH........ Your bible only Protestant Church history book, is (full of holes) "riddled" with errors and mis-interpretations of Sacred Scripture along with omittions of truth, loaded with contradicting "personal opinions" that have absolutely no basis biblical or historical TRUTH (to back up) ANY documented, proven, and authenticated TRUTH from the vast majority of Church Historian Apologistic authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant) 1500 years prior to the Reformation........This is "exactly" (after 35 years) why I left this contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting bible only half-truth Chrisitanity, that was "invented" in the (17th century). I am thankful, each and every day, that God Our Father, through HIS Son Jesus Christ and by the indewelling of the HOLY Spirit, directed and led me to the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH in Jesus Christ, manifested in and through HIS One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ)---You Ox and your other 42,000 contradicting bible only "fundies" can believe (and do) what you want! Makes no difference to us!!!!...... I/we as Catholics (know, without a doubt) where the FULLNESS of the TRUTH, has, is and will always be. And it is Jesus Christ HIMSELF in and through HIS (historically and biblically PROVEN) ONE TRUE CATHOLIC CHURCH, and non other!!!!!!!!!
Good effort....but no cigar....

This is what I posted...from Scripture..
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

This is the question I asked...the one you avoided answering...because it reveals the Truth...Quote: Since the man of God is "thoroughly furnished" by all scripture, inspired of God, unto good works....what else is necessary????!!!!

How can he be more "thoroughly furnished"????!!!!

Location hidden

#479101 Sep 29, 2013
Concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are wrong
From the top of the Web page you will find.
Topix > Roman Catholic Church > Forums & Polls > Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican
Fist indicator is Topix
A secular run Public forum with many threads of which Religion is one of which one is Christianity of which this thread is in.
It is not run by the RCC nor any officially sponsored Catholic organization. PERIOD
It is no different then going to a Public square in the heart of Chicago and setting up a box and saying RCC not the one true church as Pope Benny says and asking who disagrees.
This is not A catholic forum it is a secular forum about the RCC and the official press release from Vatican city in 2007 that was picked up by AP and then CBC.
Like RC and their knowledge of their dogmas you RC's have no clue to that which you assert.
Truth Matters you don't post any.
Truer words were never spoken!!!!!
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#479102 Sep 29, 2013
Gods R Delusions wrote:
<quoted text>
Close. Free mind, yes, plain jane not even close. Try paying better attention. This was all announced.
For one who claims to have the answers to the greatest mysteries in the universe, you sure worry about petty things.
So why was Mary left almost completely out of the Gospels? Ummm?
Kindly show me where I claim to have "the answers to the greatest mysteries in the universe". Still spinning and twisting, eh, BM? Haven't changed a bit, still with the hatred.

The Gospels are about Christ and the message of salvation. How many times have you been corrected now....100, 200? You might want to think about changing the record, your needle is stuck.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#479103 Sep 29, 2013
Gods R Delusions wrote:
Sunday is no day of rest here.
It's a day of hatred.
More evidence that their gods are delusions.
Actually, not evidence at all. People sin, God does not. We are not God. So gods are delusions, but God is not.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#479104 Sep 29, 2013
Baltimore Catechism No. 3 Discusses Limbo Article Whatever Happened to Limbo?
Source:America National Catholic Review
http://americamagazine.org/issue/365/article/...

Though limbo was never officially defined in any church council or document, it became, like other unchallenged elements of the Christian worldview, a part of the common teaching and almost universal catechesis of the church. Since the late 19th century, IT WAS WRITTEN ON THE PSYCHE OF EVERY YOUNG CATHOLIC THROUGH THE BALTIMORE CATECHISM. FOR EXAMPLE, BALTIMORE CATECHISM NO. 3 STATES, WITH ITS USUAL AIR OF CERTAINTY: PERSONS, SUCH AS INFANTS, WHO HAVE NOT COMMITTED ACTUAL SIN AND WHO, THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIRS, DIE WITHOUT BAPTISM, CANNOT ENTER HEAVEN; BUT IT IS THE COMMON BELIEF THEY WILL GO TO SOME PLACE SIMILAR TO LIMBO, WHERE THEY WILL BE FREE FROM SUFFERING, THOUGH DEPRIVED OF THE HAPPINESS OF HEAVEN (Q. 632). Most Catholics, of course, made no distinction between defined doctrines and what appeared in the catechism. It was all church teaching, to be accepted without question.

Limbo never been a defined part of the faith but being taught in Catholic schools through the 1950s.

Article: Catholic Church Casts Aside Theory On State Of Limbo
Refers to: Monsignor William H. Shannon of Rochester, N.Y: Jesuit weekly magazine America

THAT THINKING IS AN ABOUT-FACE FROM WHAT WAS BEING TAUGHT IN CATHOLIC SCHOOLS THROUGH THE 1950S.

"Limbo has never been a defined part of the faith. There has never been a dogmatic definition of limbo," said the Rev. Richard P. McBrien, a priest from Hartford who teaches theology at the University of Notre Dame and author of "Catholicism," a summary of church teaching.
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#479105 Sep 29, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Kindly show me where I claim to have "the answers to the greatest mysteries in the universe". Still spinning and twisting, eh, BM? Haven't changed a bit, still with the hatred.
The Gospels are about Christ and the message of salvation. How many times have you been corrected now....100, 200? You might want to think about changing the record, your needle is stuck.
You're too nice.... and modest too.

You proclaim possession of God's "perfect teachings on faith and morals" right?

Perfect teachings! That's impressive. No doubts either. Wow, but how do you put these perfect moral teachings to work?

With so much insight into th

e greatest mysteries in the Universe, why get so surly and nasty? Why not show us the results of your "perfect teachings" on morals? Why not use those perfect teachings to lead by example, rather than getting so testy?

You can do it.
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#479106 Sep 29, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, not evidence at all. People sin, God does not. We are not God. So gods are delusions, but God is not.
Then we agree on 95% of all of mankind's religious dogma. It's all delusion, except for your "one true" 5%.

But you don't believe it enough to live it. That seems to be the majority position here, wouldn't you say?
Gods R Delusions

Orlando, FL

#479107 Sep 29, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, it wasn't my best move. It was very difficult, however, to read about that and then two minutes later come here and read yet another attack on the very Church that had just suffered such a tragedy in Pakistan. This is the same church, these are the same souls, the mystical Body of Christ, that is being attacked on this board every single day. Just as you, yourself, couldn't help but take a cheap shot in your post above after reading the article. Also very weak, very weak indeed. But I doubt we'll get anything more from you than another snotty reply.
Then it appears Plain Jane went to the same school you did. Your posts are identical. Close, real close.
Fact: I never read the article that you refer to.

Fact: I never wrote anything about it.

I only commented on how you used a tragedy to attack someone else. That was rich.

Now the excuses. It must be nice to possess such perfect teachings on morals. Such insights! You can do much better.
Tmiester

Indianapolis, IN

#479108 Sep 29, 2013
What a bunch of malarky..........Just a large group of brainwashed fools thinking they are a religion.
Patriot

Brighton, CO

#479109 Sep 29, 2013
Romans 8 http://biblehub.com/niv/romans/8.htm

"We are not obligated to the flesh to live according to the flesh, for if you live according to the flesh, you are going to die. But if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. All those led by GOD'S Spirit are GOD'S sons. For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption, by whom we cry out,“Abba, Father!” The Spirit Himself testifies together with our spirit that we are GOD'S children, and if children, also heirs; heirs of GOD and coheirs with Christ; seeing that we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him." vs 12-17

http://biblehub.com/revelation/18-4.htm

----

History reveals that the advancement of truth comes at a high price, and a majority of people are unwilling to pay the price. It is much more comfortable to remain within the social and religious comforts of fellowship than to follow the Spirit into the desert of rejection where often, you are alone with GOD. The Bible represents people as sheep for good reason. They prefer to flock together. They also tend to follow their leaders (political and religious) without thinking or thoroughly studying matters for themselves. Consider the total sum of religious thought that Hindus, Moslems, Catholics, Jews, Protestants, atheists and pagans believe today. All of these different ideas about GOD came from spiritual leaders who are as blind as the lay people they guide.(Matthew 23:16)

Humanity’s diversity in religious beliefs proves that people are capable of believing anything and everything. Our diversity also proves that our belief systems have nothing to do with Eternal Truth. Even though Catholics and Protestants insist their views come directly from Scripture, a cursory review of Scripture can demonstrate otherwise. Truth is not determined by a majority vote or acceptance. Thoughtfully consider these words: "Truth is not what I believe. Truth is not even what I know. Truth is fact. I may not believe it. I may not know it. That does not change it. It is there nevertheless, waiting to be discovered and believed. Truth does not depend on the unsettled and changing opinions of men. It was truth before it was believed. It remains truth whether it is believed or not. Reason does not originate or create it. It merely discovers it. Consequently, reason is not a source. Truth goes back beyond reason. Others would have us believe that the church is the source of authority, particularly in matters of theology. They are wrong. The church is the product of Truth. It does not originate it. It came into being by accepting Divine Revelation. It is not the source of that revelation. Truth goes beyond the church, it is antecedent to it."
(When a Man Dies, Carlyle B. Haynes (1882-1958); p.5)
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#479110 Sep 29, 2013
Gods R Delusions wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too nice.... and modest too.
You proclaim possession of God's "perfect teachings on faith and morals" right?
Perfect teachings! That's impressive. No doubts either. Wow, but how do you put these perfect moral teachings to work?
With so much insight into th
e greatest mysteries in the Universe, why get so surly and nasty? Why not show us the results of your "perfect teachings" on morals? Why not use those perfect teachings to lead by example, rather than getting so testy?
You can do it.
"Perfect teachings on faith and morals"????
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#479111 Sep 29, 2013
Gods R Delusions wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact: I never read the article that you refer to.
Fact: I never wrote anything about it.
I only commented on how you used a tragedy to attack someone else. That was rich.
Now the excuses. It must be nice to possess such perfect teachings on morals. Such insights! You can do much better.
Please don't presume to lecture me about using tragedy to attack while you've made a career of standing on the shoulders of victims for years in an attempt to attack the Church and her members. You don't care one whit about those people in Pakistan or those victims, so please stop using them to attack *me*. If I was Mother Teresa, you'd be just as snide. Oh, wait, you already were when you attacked her numerous times in the past. Just as I predicted, nothing more than another snotty reply from you. So sincere...a sincere hypocrite. Go take Jane out for a drink, I'm sure he could use one right about now.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#479112 Sep 29, 2013
SIGNS IN THE HEAVENS: Ohioans were dazzled by a bright flash of blue light in the night sky on September 27, 2013, in southern Ohio around 11:30 p.m., eastern standard time. Could it have been a meteorite or a satellite predicted to crash to earth on Friday? A fireball reportedly hit near a home in northern Adams County, Ohio, a few miles outside the city of Peebles causing a house fire. Those reports are unconfirmed. The six alarm fire left fireman battling the blaze into the early hours of the morning. It is unknown at this time if the residents made it out safely. A neighbor said the meteor crossed over the city and hit near the Locust Grove Cemetery just four miles from the Great Serpent Effigy Mound. In recent years, a crop circle appeared overnight in an adjacent field from the Serpent Mound grounds and thousands of years ago it was the sight of a major meteorite that caused a huge crater. To report a meteor go to the American Meteors Society webpage. Come back for further updates on this situation.

Update: As of the morning of September 28, 2013, a home outside of Peebles, Ohio, in the Locust Grove area of Adams County burned to the ground last night, the two residents of the home, an elderly couple, Jane and Lyle Lambert, died as a result of smoke inhalation. The fire is believed to be caused from the meteor or pieces of the heated meteor that hit the home. The state fire marshal is investigating the fire. Examiner.com
Clay

Detroit, MI

#479114 Sep 29, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, it would be hard to believe her first language is English. I do believe that she in a nominal way was helped tremendously in her youth, but she did lack a deep understanding. It is good to see a renewal of deeper teaching in the church. It only takes one generation to become lax and knowledge of the truth dissipates. It happened in Israel as well. The church of Ephesus in Revelation no longer exists. What Rose doesnt understand is that she is indirectly calling Catholics liars by demanding the church changed her perceptions and assigning infallibility to theologium.
We all know that Limbo was not a dogma, but she insists that the church changed that as an infallbable teaching. G.K. Chesterton one of the greatest intellectuals known to the world when he crushed Clarence Darrow in debate long before Rose was born did not insist the church demands a literal 6 days or that Genesis be literal. He understood and had a much more intellectual and deeper understing of the churches position. The church is not a science or history book. So when Rose demands that we changed her flawed perceptions. Chesterton is just one glaring example of how rigid and flawed her position is. It would seem a waste of time though. Rather than learn or even try to understand or accept any explanation one must conclude that all are liars except her as sad as that is. She only seeks that which will further her view not truly try to understand another position but assign new perceptions and make false statements and claim everyone bears false witness against her. She is just responding with emotion rather than intellect. I doubt she will ever go to catholic answers as her propensity has been to garner anti-catholic pamphlets and make her own conclusions with no balance. Pray for her, because I think in her heart she doesnt really mean harm, but anger takes over and pushes to further seperation and darkness.
This article was given to me from a Jewish friend if you are interested.
ABSTRACT: For the past century, the Biblical Creation story has come under considerable scrutiny and derision by the scientific community. Much of the controversy centers around the length of the Biblical Creation Day. While many Fundamentalist Christians insist that a Creation Day must span the traditional twenty-four hours, mainstream science has determined that the age of the Earth is over 4.5 billion years old. Consequently, for the Bible and science to be reconciled, a Creation Day would have to span longer periods of time. This article will demonstrate that long Creation Days are not only possible but with a clearer understanding of the arguments the Biblical text virtually mandates them.
http://thebibleandscience.webs.com/articles/c...
Still a bit confused on what a 'creation day' is. It seems to me, when God created the solar system, the days, nights and yrs were physically responsible for the terminology of what we call time.'Age' doesn't understand what humans have determined as aging. ObviousLy, dinosaurs lived millions ago..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 min Steve III 45,013
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min trifecta1 971,896
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 32 min andet1987 2,361
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 34 min Nacked Truth 618,579
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 35 min Ape Man 56,363
Why did God allow sin into His universe? 37 min andet1987 30
the sick dark lonely world of homosexual1987 42 min andet1987 5
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Rider on the Storm 182,989
More from around the web