Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,095)

Showing posts 461,881 - 461,900 of529,591
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That is mighty white of you!!!!
But I'm not white.
Concerned in Brasil

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I watched that ..I.don't think Bill callers,US haters,.
Evidently his book is about history ..AND HOW,DESPITE SECULARIST NOTIONS...JESUS,LUVED AND DIED ...And was,eh o HE,SAUD HE WAS ..
he thing reviewers,don't like is,he,shows,JESUS WAS REAL....BUT others,are,trying to say He,died,not flat out say JESUS WAS GOD .
But He said he point is,either He was Who He said or he was lying or crazy ...
So he is,NOT writing as clergy but as,historian ..I'm.thinking may be it may bring seeker s ..I got a sample on kindle .
I'll see .
And persecution is here ..quiet and in quiet ... a few other serious,forums ..tHEY call us,haters,..And many now think we are because if our faith .other groups,..say something bad it's,hate ..against Christian ...everything goes,..thankfully we,still have our churches,..though they are under fire in some places...
The media,is,all for it too
But ..Well
.we,were,told it would come,..But ..O'REILLY c as,warned Against secularists,for years now ...really..
If Oreilly had actually investigated thoroughly history and studied history he would have come to the historical conclusion that Jesus died on the cross and rose again.

It is a Historical Fact.

So many great minds have come to this conclusion this is a historical fact and they cannot deny it.

One example is SIMON GREENLEAF and American the father of Modern day Evidential Law one of Harvard's greatest professors when challenged by his students to test the facts of history in light of evidence became a believer. He came to the conclusion that the evidence was undeniable Jesus Rose from the dead it was a historical fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Greenleaf

Like most Roman Catholics O'rielly is being politically correct he is trying to please men all be it conservative but never the less non believers.
Concerned in Brasil

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm gonna,read the sample ..maybe the book..But he explains,..he is using NOT JUST the bible but other thing that were,contemporary ...And writing as,a history. Not a,Catholic book ..FRANKLY...he was,one of he first to bring Secularism. Especially at,Christmas to the public debate,.
BUT I DON'T LISEN TO HIM.FOR BIBLE TRUTH ..his book may be good ..off it is I'm going to read,Killing Kennedy too..
Much about that is not known ..But Oswald was,not he lone shooter ...
And,O'Reilly. Is,NOT POLIICALLY CORRECT ..LOL.I watch once a week o get both sides,..I don't get on the network
If you want to read "SOMEHTING" get the book by Simon Greenleaf,

The Testimony of the Evangelists Examined by The Rules of Evidence Administered in Courts of Justice, reprint of the 1874 edition,(Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 1984). ISBN 0-8010-3803-0
Simon Greenleaf, "The Testimony of the Evangelists," reprinted from the 1903 edition as an appendix in John Warwick Montgomery, The Law Above The Law,(Minneapolis: Bethany Fellowship, 1975), pp. 91–140 & 149-163. ISBN 0-87123-329-0

Then get Lee Strobel's Case for Christ which will bring all sorts of Historians with huge credentials to the table that show Orielly the Politically correct right wing pandering conservative he is.

He would not be able to articulate the Gospel as revealed in scripture as his faith is in the RCC the institution not Jesus.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
Like I always said on the old board and now Gif says on here, it is close to blasphemy when they accuse us of hate, it's the complete opposite of the truth that's for sure.
Like Good vrs evil.
There is ONLY ONE TRUTH Marge!! Not 42,000 contradicting and conflicting bible only Protestant "relative truths" (what each Protestant decides for themselves is the truth!! There is "not one of you) on this forum, that can agree with another "fundie"! All ANYONE has to do is to re-read the past discussions, arguments, complaints and disagreements that each of you "bible only" (experts?)have with each other. You each have a different interpretation of the bible and bible verses in which each one of your "personal opinions" is the final authority. AGAIN---there is ONLY ONE TRUTH!---and that TRUTH of doctrine and interpretation of Sacred Scripture, HAS, IS, AND WILL "ALWAYS" grounded in the ONE (and only one) TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ that is manifested, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church. God is not the author of your Protestant 42,000 inconsistent "relative truth"
chaos and confusion!!!!!!
Concerned in Brasil

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is ONLY ONE TRUTH Marge!! Not 42,000 contradicting and conflicting bible only Protestant "relative truths" (what each Protestant decides for themselves is the truth!! There is "not one of you) on this forum, that can agree with another "fundie"! All ANYONE has to do is to re-read the past discussions, arguments, complaints and disagreements that each of you "bible only" (experts?)have with each other. You each have a different interpretation of the bible and bible verses in which each one of your "personal opinions" is the final authority. AGAIN---there is ONLY ONE TRUTH!---and that TRUTH of doctrine and interpretation of Sacred Scripture, HAS, IS, AND WILL "ALWAYS" grounded in the ONE (and only one) TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ that is manifested, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church. God is not the author of your Protestant 42,000 inconsistent "relative truth"
chaos and confusion!!!!!!
He is definitely not the author of the RCC that has at its head leaders that encourage its congregations to sacrifice Jesus on a weekly basis contrary to his very words that declare it is finished he is the last sacrifice and as the the alter was broken and curtain torn we know it is not needed anymore. Yet you contradict his word in your sects your denominations false gospel on weekly basis which is plain to see for those who choose to open their eyes. On that and that alone I can declare the RCC not to be the one true church, because the simple explicit teaching of the Bible contradicts RC teachings out right.

We all agree your sect the RCC is not the one true yadda yadda that apparently has slipped by you unseen or you choose to ignore that fact as well. LOL

What you are too zealous as was Judas to zealous to see is that you belong to one of the 42000 denominations that you condemn.

BTW Baptists, Alliance, Lutherans, Calvary Chapel Mennonite Brethren etc. etc all agree on the essentials all have the same faith same Gospel and can and do worship in unity and love.

Just because one denomination has a focus on over seas missions or likes to worship with a band and another with and organ does not mean we disagree on that which matters and in all other things Paul in the word of God declares there is liberty.

In God's garden his Church there are many flowers of many shades and colors but all get their energy from the Son of God all point to his light.

If you wish to stick with your cookie cutter man made sect so be it.

As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
F.Y.I. it is quite apparent you are uneducated and only regurgitate RCC propaganda with out ever verifying it.
What is Sola Scriptura?
The Latin "Sola Scriptura" means "Scripture Only," or "Scripture alone." This was one of the distinctive features of the Protestant Sola Scriptura does not mean that we cannot use other sources. It simply means that "all other sources" must submit to the sovereign truth found only in holy scripture. No man, no belief system, no personal view should be allowed in our churches, pulpits and classrooms that do not stand up to a close, in depth and arduous challenge to "Scripture Alone" as being the final source of truth!(The "catholicity" of American Baptists by Sam Hughey)
“First, it is necessary to understand what Sola Scriptura does and d for example, may or may not be actually true, whether or not it can be supported by Scripture -- but Scripture is a "more sure . Therefore, Scripture is the highest and supreme authority on any matter to which it speaks”,(Dr. John F. MacArthur, Jr. Sola Scriptura! The Protestant Position on the Bible, chapter 5)
Since you Protestant "fundies" claim to be (experts) in regard to Sola Scriptura or bible only beliefs (and as a former Protestant) please show ALL of us "where" in the bible that Sola Scriptura has ANY BASIS of biblical or historical truth to back it up!! You fundamentalists preach that "every word, every phrase, every sentence MUST BE IN THE bible in order for it to be TRUE. Then show us (book, chapter and verse)!! Also, please show us (where in the bible) that God chose to transmit HIS divine and infallible word ONLY in the Bible....Sola Scriptura "contradicts itself because NOWHERE is it taught in scripture..... Furthermore Sola Scriptura was NEVER believed by ANYONE until the Reformation and it nothing but a "man-made" tradition, condemned by Jesus....In addition, Sola Scriptura is unscriptural, unhistorical and untenable....... The teachings of the Catholic Church, from Jesus and the Apostles, go back over 2000 years!..... That is why Jesus Christs One True Apostolic (Universal) Church believes, teaches and adheres to "SOLA VERBUM DEI" (the word of God alone) This comes to us from Christ and the Apostles through BOTH the written and the oral tradition (2 Thessalonians 2:15) which has been entrusted to the Church that Jesus builds upon the rock of Peter (Matt 16:13-21......Furthermore, in Pauls letter to I Timothy 3:15, Paul calls THE CHURCH,(not the bible alone) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH....... The infallable wisdom of God (for over 2000 years) is made manifested and known in and through Our Lords One True Church (Eph. 3:9-10). Your Protestant "sola scriptura" premise that EVERYTHING must be only in the bible is (completely false). The fact that the bible (as we know it today) wasn't even written until the 17th century (John Guetenberg invented the printing press in 1440) and so (for the 1st 1500 years of the Church ( Sola Scriptura didn't even exist....... You really need to get a TRUE Church History lesson (Concerned) because you really have "no idea" as to what you are talking about!!.... Your 21st century (modern day Protestant theologians) are preaching a "distorted (half-truth. half-heresy) sola scriptura doctrine that is nothing but a "man-made" extension of the Protestant Reformation that (today) is made up of over 42,000 contradicting, inconsistent and conflicting (relative truth) denominations of different(bible interpretations) that "have never NOR will ever" agree on ANYTHING--accept--to attack, condemn and judge the TRUE faith and Salvation of 1.14 billion Catholics around the world, a TRUE Gospel that is taught (DAILY) in Jesus Christ One True Catholic Church.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
He is definitely not the author of the RCC that has at its head leaders that encourage its congregations to sacrifice Jesus on a weekly basis contrary to his very words that declare it is finished he is the last sacrifice and as the the alter was broken and curtain torn we know it is not needed anymore.
As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.
YES!! I/we as Catholics not only "serve our Lord everyday" but we follow, believe and adhere to the TRUTH of the TRUE GOSPEL TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ (each and every day) at Daily Mass, the Eucharist (Jesus' TRUE BODY AND BLOOD), the biblical OT, NT readings, the Seven Sacraments, the adoration of the Blessed Sacrament in prayer and supplication and in the FULLNESS of the FAITH and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH, manifested ONLY (in and through Jesus Christ and His (historically and biblically PROVEN) One True Apostolic Catholic Church (the bride of Christ). You my friend can do and believe what you want. We'll continue to worship God in HIS WAY!....You bible only Protestants can worship God in YOUR WAY!!!!
Concerned in Brasil

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

The ever change doctrines of the Sect known as Roman Catholicism

Proclamation that infant baptism regenerates the soul

The Mass instituted as a re-sacrifice of Jesus for the remission of sins

Declaration that sins need to be purged, established by Pope Gregory I

Prayers directed to Mary, dead saints, and angels

Worship of cross, images, and relics authorized

Canonization of dead people as saints initiated by Pope John XV

Attendance at Mass made mandatory under the penalty of mortal sin

Celibacy of priesthood, decreed by Pope Gregory VII

Rosary, repetitious praying with beads, invented by Peter the Hermit

The Inquisition, instituted by the Council of Verona

The sale of Indulgences established to reduce time in Purgatory

Transubstantiation, proclaimed by Pope Innocent III

Confession of sins to priests, instituted by Pope Innocent III

Bible placed on Index of Forbidden Books in Toulouse

Purgatory elevated from doctrine to dogma by Council of Florence

Tradition claimed equal in authority with the Bible by the Council of Trent

Apocryphal Books declared cannon by Council of Trent

Immaculate Conception of Mary, proclaimed by Pope Pius IX

Infallibility of the Pope, proclaimed by Vatican Council

Virgin Mary proclaimed co-redeemer with Jesus by Pope Benedict XV

yea and they think Evangelical protestants are confused.

LOL
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
belong to one of the 42000 denominations that you condemn.
I'm not condemning ANYONE! What you believe or don't believe is between you and GOD! He is the final judge of "everyones Salvation!! I/we as Catholics will continue to adhere to the TRUTH of the TRUE DOCTRINE AND TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ HIMSELF, which has be proven, authenticated and verified, over and over and over for more than 2000years by a vast majority of accredited Church Historians, Apologist authors and writers and in the biographical lives of the Saints, since the time of Christ. AGAIN--You Concerned, can do and believe want you want!! Makes no difference to us Catholics!!!!
Concerned in Brasil

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not condemning ANYONE! What you believe or don't believe is between you and GOD! He is the final judge of "everyones Salvation!! I/we as Catholics will continue to adhere to the TRUTH of the TRUE DOCTRINE AND TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ HIMSELF, which has be proven, authenticated and verified, over and over and over for more than 2000years by a vast majority of accredited Church Historians, Apologist authors and writers and in the biographical lives of the Saints, since the time of Christ. AGAIN--You Concerned, can do and believe want you want!! Makes no difference to us Catholics!!!!
Again you clearly lack basic language skills.

Yes you are condemning people, maybe not to hell but your condemnation is ripe and in all your posts. But I would argue you are condemning us to Hell.

You have condemned Evangelical Christian sects as being out side of the one true christian church by declaring your allegiance to Rome.

To not be part of the Bride of Christ Jesus to not be in Jesus's Church is condemnation you can say your not but your out and out lying and not fooling anybody but yourself.

Have you not read the article that initiated this forum??? clearly not

"The Vatican issued a document Tuesday restating its belief that the Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

The 16-page document was prepared by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, a doctrinal watchdog that Pope Benedict used to head.

Formulated as five questions and answers, the document is titled "Responses to Some Questions Regarding Certain Aspects of the Doctrine on the Church."

It says although Orthodox churches are true churches, they are defective because they do not recognize the primacy of the Pope.

"It follows that these separated churches and communities, though we believe they suffer from defects, are deprived neither of significance nor importance in the mystery of salvation," it said.

The document adds that Protestant denominations — called Christian Communities born out of the Reformation —are not true churches"

Again to declare that I am not in the Church a part of the Bride of Jesus is to say I am not regenerate and going to hell.

Yes you are condemning evangelical Sects here including me but apparently you are not smart enough to know what it is you are doing or you are a liar either way you are looking like a dumb dumb.
Clay

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

The ever change doctrines of the Sect known as Roman Catholicism
Proclamation that infant baptism regenerates the soul
The Mass instituted as a re-sacrifice of Jesus for the remission of sins
Declaration that sins need to be purged, established by Pope Gregory I
Prayers directed to Mary, dead saints, and angels
Worship of cross, images, and relics authorized
Canonization of dead people as saints initiated by Pope John XV
Attendance at Mass made mandatory under the penalty of mortal sin
Celibacy of priesthood, decreed by Pope Gregory VII
Rosary, repetitious praying with beads, invented by Peter the Hermit
The Inquisition, instituted by the Council of Verona
The sale of Indulgences established to reduce time in Purgatory
Transubstantiation, proclaimed by Pope Innocent III
Confession of sins to priests, instituted by Pope Innocent III
Bible placed on Index of Forbidden Books in Toulouse
Purgatory elevated from doctrine to dogma by Council of Florence
Tradition claimed equal in authority with the Bible by the Council of Trent
Apocryphal Books declared cannon by Council of Trent
Immaculate Conception of Mary, proclaimed by Pope Pius IX
Infallibility of the Pope, proclaimed by Vatican Council
Virgin Mary proclaimed co-redeemer with Jesus by Pope Benedict XV
yea and they think Evangelical protestants are confused.
LOL
Same cult pamphlet that oldg and Confrint used last week. I guess you guys look at the same websites. Lol
Concerned in Brasil

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Same cult pamphlet that oldg and Confrint used last week. I guess you guys look at the same websites. Lol
Well its the same One I posted here some 4-5 years ago in this thread.

You know you have posted truth when the postie does not even attempt to refute the evidence at hand and the only tactic they employ is name calling and in a lame attempt to try an make a diversion from the facts at hand try to mud slinging hoping nobody will notice they can't refute the facts at hand.

Thanks for that its nice to know I posted truth.
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

The Roman Catholic Bogus "only true church"
The system of Popes,and all its priests ,cardinals and nuns is the greatest deception and fraud ever to be perpetrated upon true Christianity , The plain truth ,there is no priesthood and popes in the worship of true Christianity ! then who are these frauds? amazingly, they come straight from Babylon
Mystery Lucifer sun worship.
They Evin pray to a dead woman. They are involved with the new world order,they want to establish one world religion -and one world Government.
Concerned in Brasil

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you Protestant "fundies" claim to be (experts) in regard to Sola Scriptura or bible only beliefs (and as a former Protestant) please show ALL of us "where" in the bible that Sola Scriptura has ANY BASIS of biblical or historical truth to back it up!! You fundamentalists preach that "every word, every phrase, every sentence MUST BE IN THE bible in order for it to be TRUE.

... cut for space and lack of any real intelligence......
Again I posted what is the definition of Sola Scriptoria and what it is not.

Never once have I or anyone else made the following assertion

"every word, every phrase, every sentence MUST BE IN THE bible in order for it to be TRUE"

Those are your words and yours alone pun intended. In fact the opposite has been stated.

So there is no need for anyone here to defend that which we have never asserted.

Make all the straw men you want it only shows your lack of intelligence and a willingness to debate in honor and honesty, it only shows those seeking truth that your assertions can not be shown to be true with logic, historical evidence and biblical evidence they show your position is without merit and is false.

Truth MATTERS you have not posted any.
Concerned in Brasil

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

So I ask again Hojo that which you try to ignore.

How is it that when Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice the last sacrifice that satisfied the Law once and for all the RCC some 500 years later decided Jesus was wrong and sacrifices on alter by a priest were needed once again.

How is it when Jesus took his last breath on the Cross declared it is Finished, the sun darkened, the earth was shaken, the alter in the temple broke in two, and the curtain was torn in two some 500 years late the RCC says its not finished and sacrifices were re-instated???

Why is it that the Apostles never ordained Priests NEVER NOT ONCE, why did not one early church father taught by the apostles never build and alter ordain priests to serve the Eucharist??

Why does Clement of Alexandria declare in “Paedagogus”(The Instructor).

“But you are not inclined to understand it thus, but perchance more generally. Hear it also in the following way.The flesh figuratively represents to us the Holy Spirit; for the flesh was created by Him. The blood points out to us the Word, for as rich blood the Word has been infused into life; and the union of both is the Lord, the food of the babes–the Lord who is Spirit and Word. The food- that is, the Lord Jesus–that is, the Word of God, the Spirit made flesh, the heavenly flesh sanctified…”

he did believe it was a sacrifice that was to be administered by a priest he believed it was figurative representation.?????
Concerned in Brasil

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

But Hojo don't take my Word for it.

NO

Take the WORD of God to be true, read that which contradicts RCC so called tradition.

Hebrews 10:14
For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified.

Yet the when the Bible declares by one sacrifice one offering it was completed the RCC says no it was not and says more offerings are needed weekly.

Hebrews 7:27-28
who does not need daily, like those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins, and then for the sins of the people, because this He did once for all when He offered up Himself. For the Law appoints men as high priests who are weak, but the word of the oath, which came after the Law, appoints a Son, made perfect forever.

When the Bible declares once and for all, the RCC says no the Bible is wrong it can't be once and it can't be for all it has to be many times and for only those present at the time not for all.

Jn 19:28 Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said,“I am thirsty.”
Jn 19:29 A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ lips.
Jn 19:30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said,“It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

Note the words of John as well "ALL was now completed."

Mt 27:51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split.

Lk 23:44 It was now about the sixth hour, and darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour,
Lk 23:45 for the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two.
Lk 23:46 Jesus called out with a loud voice,“Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.

The RCC clearly contradicts the Very Word of God

Truth Matters the RCC is not the one true yadda yadda it is a lie.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

very sad..altar

3000 years ago in India
asked India believers 4 wind altar
53 sect they have highly spiritual people
but all of them as holy spirit
is not holy.

Cross as INRI maybe is deference.
There is not Law,not Mercy its suffering.
He come fulfill law where law is zero.

I don't believe anymore in Law not at all.

n
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You know you have posted truth when the postie does not even attempt to refute the evidence at hand and the only tactic they employ is name calling and in a lame attempt to try an make a diversion from the facts at hand try to mud slinging hoping nobody will notice they can't refute the facts at hand.
If you go back to last week and then the week before, you'll see that I took the time to refute almost every single one and provided links. When I got to 20 something, it became a big joke, so I stopped. I realized they could care less that they just posted a lie. Like them, you'll believe what you're going to believe no matter what.

The Bible fell out of the sky; the Apostles didn't explain their writings properly and their Disciples immediately messed up the will of Jesus. The Roman Catholic Church corrupted all of Christianity until they printed and published the Bible for the first time on October 22, 1452. Now folks like you could decide for yourselves what Christianity is. Luther came along, decided that there were 7 more Books that weren't Biblical and pulled them out.
Yeah, this is the scenario you think is truth.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

'father into your hand i recommend my spirit'

i have to go where you can't go, but i will send you protector and comforter.

Did you ever fill that hand as helper?
yep

its bring me that i can see..i walk i talk..nobody say nothing..dead body on street in nice suits.
I am alive as i been alive that time.

There is a no life, no moon no stars no sun.

If are you target of evil people spirits don't worry what that very bad wishers going say.
You are not first victim of them.
In the world exist very low evil org.
its exist high level organization
which can and do ruin every person and every family.

They don't fill shame believe me.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You have to remember too, those aren't new doctrines the Church invented. There clarifications at council. For example: They didn't add 7 Books at the council of Trent nor did they suddenly teach that Sacred Scripture and Sacred tradition are equal. The latter was obvious to all of Christendom. Scripture flowed from tradition. That's why we have a Bible.
There was no need to publicly declare this because nobody argued against it. Same thing with the 7 Books.(Guttenberg Bible that was published a hundred yrs before Trent had 73 Books). Suddenly there are reformers teaching new and strange doctrines. The Church held council to clarify truth. Then men like you turn around and stab them in the back and tell everyone, "look the RCC just invented Transubstantion".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 461,881 - 461,900 of529,591
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

425 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min ChristineM 222,989
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min macumazahn 715,739
How 'the Decision 2' should be different for Le... 16 min Doctor REALITY 1
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 24 min Life is Precious 221,359
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min JudgeNJury 255,492
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 57 min Epiphany2 598,701
loan shark needed 1 hr Benson 4
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Jennifer 93,107
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 15 hr Carly 107
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••