Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 23,084)

Showing posts 461,661 - 461,680 of532,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did extend more than His best wishes for our needs..
IT IS WRITTEN OF HIM IN
Heb_4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
FOR ISAIAH THE MESSIANIC PROPHET WROTE ( 700 YEARS BEFORE IT TOOK PLACE)
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and
the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
THE ABOVE SHOULD BE THE CONFIDENT EXPECTATIONS OF ALL THAT BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST...
FOR IT IS THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH
HE WAS BORN ON EARTH
LIVED AND REVEALED THE HEAVENLY FATHER
SUFFER UNDER PONTUS PILATE ..
WAS BEATEN WITH AN UNKNOWN NUMBER OF STRIPES..
CARRIED HIS CROSS TO GOLGOTHA
WAS NAILED TO THE CROSS..
BLED AND DIED.
WAS PLACED IN A BORROWED TOMB
ROSE AGAIN
SEEN UPON THE EARTH 40 DAYS
ASCENDED TO THE HEAVENLY FATHER
IS (CURRENTLY)THERE AT THE FATHERS RIGHT HAND MAKING INTERCESSION FOR US.
THE ABOVE IS WHAT THE eunuch WAS READING

Act 8:32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

Act 8:33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

Act 8:34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

Act 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

~~~~

~~~
JESUS PRESENTED HIS PURPOSE FOR COMING TO THE EARTH ..

FROM THE OLD TESTAMENT PROPHECY CONCERNING HIS PURPOSR

Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Isa 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
I
sa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

THEN IN THE NEW TESTAMENT ...JESUS REITERATED HIS PURPOSE BY

READING FROM ISAIAH 61

Luk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Luk 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Luk 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Luk 4:20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

Luk 4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

ARE YOU YIELDING YOUR SELF TO THE DIVINE PURPOSE OF JESUS>

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>he hated dust storm with a passion along with mary Hammond. and the person from toms river only became friends right before he died.
he never forgot when he was attacked none of them came to his rescue, in fact only one person defended him and that was "yours truly"
I believe you...honesty is hard to come by by some in this forum lol

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

<quoted text>
IT IS WRITTEN OF HIM IN
Heb_4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and
THE ABOVE SHOULD BE THE CONFIDENT EXPECTATIONS OF ALL THAT BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST...
HE WAS BORN ON EARTH
BLED AND DIED.
ROSE AGAIN
THE ABOVE IS WHAT THE eunuch WAS READING

Act 8:32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

Act 8:33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

Act 8:34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

Act 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

~~~~

~~~
JESUS PRESENTED HIS PURPOSE FOR COMING TO THE EARTH ..

FROM THE OLD TESTAMENT PROPHECY CONCERNING HIS PURPOSR

Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Isa 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
I
sa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

THEN IN THE NEW TESTAMENT ...JESUS REITERATED HIS PURPOSE BY

READING FROM ISAIAH 61

Luk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Luk 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Luk 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Luk 4:20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

Luk 4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

ARE YOU YIELDING YOUR SELF TO THE DIVINE PURPOSE OF JESUS?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbroken succession is not a boast but a reality.
Your Apostolic Succession was debunked many months ago, you Catholics just can't accept it.

One example was that the information, if conveyed from Pope to Pope, seems to be lacking especially when one Pope died within 30 days of taking the office.

I don't believe, like many others would agree, that all the "mysteries of the religion" was conveyed completely, thus showing that the next Pope didn't receive all the "important" information needed to fulfil the office.

You can pull the wool over some people's eyes, but not all of the people will allow you to even place the wool on their heads.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No, its all in the link which makes the myths you perpetuated quite simple. For many Protestants they think indulgences is just about money buying salvation or forgiveness of sins. That is not the case at all. We shall all be purged. I did not say the Orthodox believe in it nor did I attack the Orthodox on the matter. You chose to attack ours in yet anohter geusture of respectful humility. There was never any specific time or exact amounts as you so arrogantly and sarcasticly put it with yet another respectful post full of humility. Again with the need to attack the church, but remain silent regardless of Protestants say. Your hypcocrisy runs deep.
Money is not a factor in anyone's salvation, yet your organization, just can't seem to get away from it, huh?

Why is it that I keep getting offering envelops in my mail?

Why does an organization need to have it's own bank?

Yeah DS, sure - no money - gothca.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, thank you for pointing that out. I noticed it, too, but why waste time making corrections that will only be ignored? There were other inaccuracies in the 'list' that he copied and pasted. He often copies errors. But, again, why bother? Like the other protestants, they're here only to attack and trash, not learn. They killed this board. It was bad before, but never this bad, not even close. They've brought hatred and evil here. It's pretty ugly. Thank goodness, I've been too busy to spend much time here anymore. Take care, DS!
Your buddy Dust Storm was the one who said something opposed to EWTN. I posted this. He never responded.Specifically:

In post #478150 you stated

" The number of days which used to be attached to indulgences were references to the period of penance one might undergo during life on earth."

EWTN states

"The number of "days" that were attached to indulgences were not understood as shortening time in purgatory, but as EASING THE PURIFICATION AFTER DEATH by an amount analogous to the shortening of an earthly penitential period by the number of days indicated."

In other words indulgences didnt shorten "earthly time" but earthly time" was used as an analogy to help people understand that indulgences eased the purification by x quantitty.

So before we start talking about anything lets talk about why you jumping to mock me before you knew your own doctrine.

And there are no inaccuracies on my list, only items that disagree with your Church's makeover and attempt to distance themselves from their original legal, juridical foundation. And quit using the comment that you always thought the Catholic Church as a hospital.The Church as a hospital is how described the Orthodox church long ago and you said you really liked it and stated using it. Your church, until its makeover was compared to a courtroom and a legal system. Except in its new polished image on the Cath sites and the Pope's comments.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
At that time, all Christians were in the Church. It wasn't called Catholic yet, but acquired the name a few decades later. There were some dissenters who began teaching error and heresy. They called themselves Christians, but were not in the Church. Christ founded a Church, not Christianity. What she's promoting is protestantism, which is of course an error and many orthodox Christians consider it to be heresy.
LOL...you must be right then...

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Seri you two could reply to my postings once in a while, love you. Blessings
...are you going to stop claiming you you know what "God" can or cannot do?

If you could, you may get another response from me.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, thank you for pointing that out. I noticed it, too, but why waste time making corrections that will only be ignored? There were other inaccuracies in the 'list' that he copied and pasted. He often copies errors. But, again, why bother? Like the other protestants, they're here only to attack and trash, not learn. They killed this board. It was bad before, but never this bad, not even close. They've brought hatred and evil here. It's pretty ugly. Thank goodness, I've been too busy to spend much time here anymore. Take care, DS!
Regina! It should be obvious to any of us Catholics on this forum that Protestant bible only "fundies" are now attempting to cause division among us Catholics and our other Catholic brothers and sisters in Christ...by distorting and lying about "what they claim we have said in the past" regarding the teachings of the Catholic Church, as they are making a blatant effort in attempting to "pit us against each other"...... These bible only fundamentalists are constantly "at each others throats" arguing, complaining, ripping each others contradicting beliefs and now they are trying to "divide, split and turn us against each other, with their underhanded (divide and conquer) agenda! Confrinting hasn't been quite as obvious but New Age, Oxbow, OLDJG and other frustrated" (fundies) are becoming more "desperate" every day. I know the bible only "game" all too well, after 35 years as a Protestant. My suggestion is "don't get caught up" into their "spider web" of deceit and division........ God's Blessings to your Regina and keep the faith that Jesus left for us over 2000 years ago!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>if you wouldn't waste you time then why are you wasting it here...LOL.....hogwash back at you,,,you love the thrill of the fight which makes you the True Christian you claim to be....You are here just for that...
I don't waste my time "discussing, deliberating and debating" Catholic Church doctrine, along with biblical interpretation of the Sacred Scripture,and historical and Catholic traditional TRUTH that has been authenticated, proven, verified and remain the same for over 2000 years.......My time is "not wasted" in defending and speaking the TRUTH of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY and TRUE BIBLE INTERPRETATION regarding Jesus Christ and HIS historical and biblical PROVEN TRUTH One TRUE Catholic Church!!...... That is only reason that I am here------to reject the "non-catholic" heresy, lies and distortions of the TRUTH that have "corrupted" those vindictive, hostile and hatefilled bible only Protestants that "CANNOT EXIST" on their own non-catholic beliefs without "spitefully attacking" Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>Her comment had nothing to do with the Gnostics or the "heretics". If they were Gnostics and called themselves Christians they were not Christians. Also Miss Orthodox Educator there were many who were Christians who were not exactly on the same page until Nicea etc. Do you, in all your Orthodoxy not know early Church history???Read you will be surprised how many were Christians but not on the same page.Also you have no idea what Ignatius meant by Catholic (the wholeness of the faith according to the Orthodox)
More humility and respect from you I see. The new and improved 'hermie'...lol!
You're talking about something entirely different. You're promoting protestantism, not the teaching of the Orthodox Church. The Orthodox teach that they do not know of any salvation outside the Orthodox Church.
As you can plainly see from this board, anyone can call themselves a Christian, even those who don't believe that Christ is God, or that they need to be baptized half a dozen times. This was unheard of in the Church until the recent founding of evangelical fundamentalism. And this is what the two of you are trying to pass off as the teaching of Christ and His apostles...just like the rest of the protestants here. It simply is not part of the faith once given. It seems you're the one who needs to read up on Church history. But all you can offer is insults and the fiction that you're a scholar...lol....yeah, okay, "hermie".
Clay

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>clueless...lol you think you know but you know nothing
Listen, I really don't want to argue again today. It doesn't leave a good feeling in my stomach. Especially if I see that what I'm saying is pissing someone off. Its not my intention to hurt anyone.

However, I know Catholics on here focus on the many similarities with the Orthodox. I don't know why you two do the opposite with us. Yesterday, I showed how Jesus quoted from the Book of Sirach, and how the Jews didn't have a collective canon until well after Christianity began. Yet, I was mocked by you first, then Nick. Since you ALSO have the Book of Sirach in your Bible and the Orthodox ALSO reject sola scripture, I was confused.
I wonder if you try so hard to not be associated with us, that you went outside the bounds of your own Church.
Pad

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>( clears throat and sings) People, people who need people. Are the luckest people in the world...lol....Hey nickie I turn my back for a few seconds and your flirting with dusty...lol..hmmmm...
Seraphima,John from NJ belonged to a church called the Greek Orthodox Catholic Church in New Jersey.He actually was a Russian Orthodox believer.However his theology although traditionally Orthodox,was very strongly Catholic.He never brought out the differences of Orthodoxy versus Catholic,UNLESS he was angry with a Catholic poster.He would argue a lot with atemcowboy,and a few other prots.

Dust Storm is a man,not a woman,he can tell you about his being a soldier in Iraq and so on. We have had some good posts and some strong ones with name calling and so on.He really is a very committed Catholic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You were here way before nick and I came so the evil and hatred was already here. what nick and I did was exposes your lies and educated the protestants to a degree.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
A Catholic who speaks contrary to Dogma is not a Catholic. I speak the teachings of the church and back up what I say ulike your super scholar. If I dont know then I will ask. The issue is the Eucharist. I dont self interpret and pick doctrines that sound nice or fit with the latest whim. Maybe you do. Since Herme has a propensity to say the Orthodox believe when I know for a fact they dont and not just because a Catholic site on the Orthodox was read as is often arrogantly, sarcastically and stupidly stated by the respectful humble scholar at the school of how to be an idiot. I dont like you people. You are liars and hypocrites and quite frankly pretty dispicable all around. Believe whatever you want. But if you dont want to be a hypocrite then stop attacking the church and Catholics especially with your vast ignorance.
Sleep tight and know that you have been a good hypocrites yesterday into a new day. Its your Christian duty.
Jesus' teaches that there is salvation for anyone's Spirit in his church.

Your church doesn't teach this.

In fact, based upon this statement above:
"I speak the teachings of the church and back up what I say ulike your super scholar."
- you context shows you speak of the RC Church and not one based in Jesus' teachings.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because you like to limit "God's inspiration".
I don't.
<quoted text>
Stop lying, yes you do.
a. You can't show me where "God" specifies which texts are of "his" inspiration.
b. You believe only certain individuals could receive this supposed special inspiration, yet can't provide any evidence of a source or whatever. For all we know, you could be following a demon dressed as a priest.
- as we have already seen these types of people existing within your heirarchy of leaders.
Yes you do - you just can't accept the honesty involved to actually admit it, so you continue to lie about it and make up things about Jesus and "God" that isn't quite accurate.
We both have the same problem, we believe men. I believe the men who were taught by Christ and those they appointed. You believe the men who rejected what those men said. Seriously dude, quit freaking out about it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
You're talking about something entirely different. You're promoting protestantism, not the teaching of the Orthodox Church. The Orthodox teach that they do not know of any salvation outside the Orthodox Church.
As you can plainly see from this board, anyone can call themselves a Christian, even those who don't believe that Christ is God, or that they need to be baptized half a dozen times. This was unheard of in the Church until the recent founding of evangelical fundamentalism. And this is what the two of you are trying to pass off as the teaching of Christ and His apostles...just like the rest of the protestants here. It simply is not part of the faith once given. It seems you're the one who needs to read up on Church history. But all you can offer is insults and the fiction that you're a scholar...lol....yeah, okay, "hermie".
your pride and arrogance is showing lol...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

<quoted text>
IT IS WRITTEN OF HIM IN
HE WAS BORN ON EARTH
BLED AND DIED.
ROSE AGAIN
Ye are extend'n yer post ta the wrong individual here con...I'm not the one who needs comfort. LTM does sir....and I ain't in the market for no "boyfriends" if ya get my drift.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand why Truth is your enemy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Humility and respect are two words you know nothing about..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 461,661 - 461,680 of532,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

524 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Joyful8118 720,064
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Godchild 114,964
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min WasteWater 256,377
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min Clearwater 172,243
Friends who want to share daily living experiences (Oct '11) 21 min Just Wondering 8,190
should husbands & wives spank each other for se... (Mar '12) 50 min Mrotk 8
Whatsapp or Viber contacts ;) 1 hr Asimeng 2
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 2 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••