Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703738 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Concerned in Brasil

Aberdeen, UK

#478566 Sep 26, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,Concerned! EVERY ONE of your 42,000 contradicting and inconsistent bible only denominations, are living in confusion, disorder chaos,and disorientation or better yet half-truth, half-heresy Christianity, blinded to the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH, that is manifested ONLY in Jesus Christ and His One True Apostolic Catholic Church. As I told you before, there is absolutely "no basis" of biblical or historical truth to back up ANYTHING that is being taught in your sola scriptura preaching. The bible clearly teaches what the Catholic Church teaches, professes and adheres to and that is Sola Verbum Dei (the Word of God alone) This comes directly from Christ and the Apostles through both the written and the oral tradition (2 Thess 2:15) which has been entrusted to the Universal (Catholic) Church that Jesus builds upon the rock of Peter (Matt 16:3-21 and in I Timothy 3:15 where Paul calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. The ineffable wisdom of God is made know through HIS Church (Eph 3:9-10. You see Concerned, you have "absolutely nothing to stand" on biblically or historically that confirms or backs up ANY of this post Reformation bible only teaching that distorts, perverts and twists the TRUE INTERPRETATION of the bible that the Early Church Fathers gave us in 382,393, and 397 AD when the Canon of Scripture was formulated giving you Protestants the bible in the 17th century, which you CONTINUE mis-interpret, to your own "demise and destruction. The TRUTH has, is and will ALWAYS be grounded, preserved, taught and adhered to in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Catholic Church.
you sure like to puff yourself up and pat yourself on the back.

Yet for a person who claims to be so learnt and qualified you have not posted one verifiable rational logical biblical historical argument that affirms let alone proves your assertions.

So far your posts are empty of substance and full of name calling.

Oh well it appears you lack any ability to defend your assertions.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#478567 Sep 26, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Jerome the translator of the Latin Bible did not consider them scripture either as did the early church fathers, as did the Jews as did Jesus."
St. Jerome was sceptical, but in the end did agree. Certainly the fathers did debate, even some books that we both consider today were debated. The Jews of the diaspora had the Septuagint. You seem to want to place the burden of proof on the Catholic Church, but why do the Orthodox and all the other ancient Churches consider them scripture?
Hey Anthony, Can't stay, but but I see the sleight of hand Brazilian nut is back at his games. Jeromes main scepticism came from that he was unaware of any Hebrew tranccripts. The Dead Sea scrolls prove this reservation wrong. However, yes as you said he did accept and defend them. They always leave that part out in their proof texts. And yes virtually every book in the bible was debated. Looking at the criteria that was used to determine that which would be scripture is pretty important.

As for Gelasius and Hormisda it is very dishonest to say they condemned the Assumption of Mary. What was condemned is alot of books that contained lots of innacuracies. A title of a book does not mean its all accuarate.

Here is a list of books that came into question which liberties were taken that the assumption was condemened. The claim that Cyril of Jersulem or Athanasius were sola scripture is quite laughable as well as he proof texts. How often have wee seen that? lol If they took into consideration the audience that was being written to and their other writings anyone who really wanted the truth would see through the deception of the Brazilian who is not concerned about any truth nor does it matter. Remember the Inquistions killed more than all the People that existed in Europe from his truth matters sites. lol All of them believe the same truths of the bible? Not even close. The definition of sola scripture keeps changing amongst various protestant groups but He has the real deal on that. I read it and it was sad. It was so full of holes, but Im not going to spend hours with that clown.

Here is a link though that I think you should read about the books. http://www.tertullian.org/decretum_eng.htm

Cheers!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#478568 Sep 26, 2013
Concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Jerome never considered them scripture only authoritative, not to be used for doctrine.
Why do you dismiss the fact Jesus never recognized them never quoted from them but does nearly every book in the OT except 3???
Why is Augustine's different from Jeorme's why for hundreds of years did Christians align themselves in one or the others camp, why did they both not consider them scripture?
Why do 1st and 2nd century church fathers not quote them as scripture yet we can re-construct the Bible (non RC or Orthodox) from their quotes alone?
Oh well won't get answer I suppose its been 5 years now.
Why were they never canonized till Trent some 1500 years ans why were some books that were in Jeorme's and Augustine's left out?
Don't say because it was assumed, no one every questioned the Gospels or Acts or the Epistles yet they were canonized 1400 years earlier.
It was because never had they been equal to the other books or considered Scripture until then and only then by a corrupt Pope who got caught selling indulgences and stealing from the flock and needed a diversion.
As you here in the forum... probably have taken note...

I don't argue the supposed history of The Roman Catholic Church...

I disclaim the whole nine yards...

Why argue against an assumed entity ...

that has no Biblical reason for it's

existence in the word of God...

When Jesus comes

He will divide the sheep from the goats.

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

Rev 22:11 He that is unjust,

let him be unjust still: and

he which is filthy,

let him be filthy still: and

he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and

he that is holy,

let him be holy still.

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and

my reward is with me,

to give every man according

as his work shall be.

Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they

that do his commandments,

that they may have right to the tree of life, and

may enter in through the gates into the city.

Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and

sorcerers, and

whoremongers, and

murderers, and idolaters, and

whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches.

I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come.

And let him that heareth say, Come.

And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the

water of life freely.

___

God does not have an exclusive Church in Rome Italy..

His body ( of which Jesus Christ is the Head) is made up of ...

"whosoever will, let him take the

water of life freely. "

#478569 Sep 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus comes
He will divide the sheep from the goats.
Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
he which is filthy,
he that is holy,
let him be holy still.
my reward is with me,
as his work shall be.
Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Rev 22:14 Blessed are they
that do his commandments,
that they may have right to the tree of life, and
may enter in through the gates into the city.
Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and
sorcerers, and
whoremongers, and
murderers, and idolaters, and
whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches.
I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come.
And let him that heareth say, Come.
And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the
water of life freely.
___
God does not have an exclusive Church in Rome Italy..
His body ( of which Jesus Christ is the Head) is made up of ...
"whosoever will, let him take the
water of life freely. "
The above scriptures alone disclaim the fable of purgatory..

it says..

he which is filthy,

he that is holy,

let him be holy still.

my reward is with me,

as his work shall be.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#478570 Sep 26, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you continue to make up things about me?
Do you find comfort in lying about others?
Maybe you should speak with your priest about all of this anger you have bottled up within you.
*sighs*
New Age! You continue to confuse anger with conviction, insight, energy, perseverance, plausible, and motivation in understanding and discerning the TRUTH of Jesus Christs historically and biblically validated and established One TRUE Catholic Church..... I/we as Catholics will leave the distorting, lying and twisting of the TRUTH to you bible only "fundies". You Protestant "fundamentalists" have become "experts" at deceiving others with your half-truth, half-heresy Christianity.

Location hidden

#478571 Sep 26, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>But I'm not white.
I did not say you are white...

mighty white of you:

Used to describe someone who thinks they've done a great deed, charitable action or sacrifice, but in reality they've done very little to help the human condition.

Location hidden

#478572 Sep 26, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is ONLY ONE TRUTH Marge!! Not 42,000 contradicting and conflicting bible only Protestant "relative truths" (what each Protestant decides for themselves is the truth!! There is "not one of you) on this forum, that can agree with another "fundie"! All ANYONE has to do is to re-read the past discussions, arguments, complaints and disagreements that each of you "bible only" (experts?)have with each other. You each have a different interpretation of the bible and bible verses in which each one of your "personal opinions" is the final authority. AGAIN---there is ONLY ONE TRUTH!---and that TRUTH of doctrine and interpretation of Sacred Scripture, HAS, IS, AND WILL "ALWAYS" grounded in the ONE (and only one) TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ that is manifested, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church. God is not the author of your Protestant 42,000 inconsistent "relative truth"
chaos and confusion!!!!!!
You are faithful!!! I love it!!!! You are calling the pope a liar!!!!!

Location hidden

#478573 Sep 26, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not condemning ANYONE! What you believe or don't believe is between you and GOD! He is the final judge of "everyones Salvation!! I/we as Catholics will continue to adhere to the TRUTH of the TRUE DOCTRINE AND TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ HIMSELF, which has be proven, authenticated and verified, over and over and over for more than 2000years by a vast majority of accredited Church Historians, Apologist authors and writers and in the biographical lives of the Saints, since the time of Christ. AGAIN--You Concerned, can do and believe want you want!! Makes no difference to us Catholics!!!!
Christ built no denomination...the Catholic denomination is the largest in the USA!!!!!!!

And...not all Catholics swallow the swill coming from the vatacan...70% know they are not literally eating the flesh of Christ nor drinking His actual blood at mass..

Location hidden

#478574 Sep 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Same cult pamphlet that oldg and Confrint used last week. I guess you guys look at the same websites. Lol
Where is your proof that the truth is not therein????
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#478575 Sep 26, 2013
<quoted text>
you sure like to puff yourself up and pat yourself on the back.
Yet for a person who claims to be so learnt and qualified you have not posted one verifiable rational logical biblical historical argument that affirms let alone proves your assertions.
So far your posts are empty of substance and full of name calling.
Oh well it appears you lack any ability to defend your assertions.
If you Protestant bible only "fundies" will stop telling "lies" about what the Catholic Church (actually believes and teaches), we Catholics will stop "telling the TRUTH" about you bible only Protestants!!!!!!

Location hidden

#478576 Sep 26, 2013
But Hojo don't take my Word for it.
NO
Take the WORD of God to be true, read that which contradicts RCC so called tradition.
Hebrews 10:14
For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified.
Yet the when the Bible declares by one sacrifice one offering it was completed the RCC says no it was not and says more offerings are needed weekly.
Hebrews 7:27-28
who does not need daily, like those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins, and then for the sins of the people, because this He did once for all when He offered up Himself. For the Law appoints men as high priests who are weak, but the word of the oath, which came after the Law, appoints a Son, made perfect forever.
When the Bible declares once and for all, the RCC says no the Bible is wrong it can't be once and it can't be for all it has to be many times and for only those present at the time not for all.
Jn 19:28 Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said,“I am thirsty.”
Jn 19:29 A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ lips.
Jn 19:30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said,“It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
Note the words of John as well "ALL was now completed."
Mt 27:51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split.
Lk 23:44 It was now about the sixth hour, and darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour,
Lk 23:45 for the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two.
Lk 23:46 Jesus called out with a loud voice,“Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.
The RCC clearly contradicts the Very Word of God
Truth Matters the RCC is not the one true yadda yadda it is a lie.
Gospel truth!!!! But.....without their eyes and ears being opened...they will never see nor hear it!!!!!

Location hidden

#478577 Sep 26, 2013
<quoted text>
You know nothing of history
The Inquisition of heretics was instituted by the Council of Verona in the year 1184. Jesus never taught the use of force to spread His religion your Pope even created a new order of Priests to carry out the inquisitions, trace that one back to early church fathers.
The doctrine of Purgatory was proclaimed as a dogma of faith by Council of Florence
There is not one word in the Bible that would teach the purgatory of priests. The blood of Jesus Christ cleanseth us from all sins.(Read 1st John 1:7-9; 2:1-2; John 5:24; Romans 8:1).
This was not taught by Jesus his Apostles or early church fathers nope not a chance.
The Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary was proclaimed by Pope Pius IX
The Bible states that all men, with the sole exception of Christ, are sinners. Mary herself had need of a Savior.(Read Romans 3:23; 5:12; Psalm 51:5; Luke 1:30,46,47).
Again Not taught in the Bible, early church fathers.
YOU are either deceiver or brainwashed take your pick
From what I have seen him posting...he is not a deceiver or brainwashed...he is both!!!!!

#478578 Sep 26, 2013
GOD'S Rosebud

A new minister was walking with an older, more seasoned minister in the garden one day.

Feeling a bit insecure about what God had for him to do, he was asking the older preacher for some instruction.

The older preacher walked up to a rosebush and handed the young preacher a rosebud and told him to open it without tearing off any petals.

The young preacher looked in disbelief at the older preacher and was trying to figure out what a rosebud could possibly have to do with his wanting to know the will of God for his life and ministry.

But because of his great respect for the older preacher, he proceeded to try to unfold the rose, while keeping every petal intact.

It wasn't long before he realized how impossible this was to do.

Noticing the younger preacher's inability to unfold the rosebud without tearing it, the older preacher began to recite the following poem...

"It is only a tiny rosebud,
A flower of God's design;
But I cannot unfold the petals With these clumsy hands of mine."

"The secret of unfolding flowers Is not known to such as I.
GOD opens this flower so easily, But in my hands they die."

"If I cannot unfold a rosebud,
This flower of God's design,
Then how can I have the wisdom To unfold this life of mine?"

"So I'll trust in God for leading
Each moment of my day.
I will look to God for guidance
In each step of the way."

"The path that lies before me,
Only my Lord knows.
I'll trust God to unfold the moments,
Just as He unfolds the rose."

Amen?

Amen.

selected
Clay

Houston, TX

#478579 Sep 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Well lets keep it real, you have no choice but to 'not argue the history of the Catholic Church'.
Likewise, you have no choice to ignore the writings of the Apostolic fathers either. Historic facts ruin your scenario on Christianity and definition of sacred scripture. We're simply left with 66 Books of the Protestant Bible and your interpretations of it.

"why argue with a supposed entity... That has no Biblical reason for its existence in the word of God"

Never mind of course, that this 'entity' is the reason why you have part of the Bible to beat them over the head with. You would have no knowledge of it had they not held council in the 4th century to establish the canon. Nor would you have one on your nite stand next to your bed, had the Church not publish it in 1452.
Clay

Houston, TX

#478580 Sep 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Gospel truth!!!! But.....without their eyes and ears being opened...they will never see nor hear it!!!!!
Your eyes have been supposedly opened and you deny the divinity of Jesus Christ.
Concerned, please edumacate your lost brother. He infallibly interprets the Bible too. He's born again and the whole 9 yrds...
Clay

Houston, TX

#478581 Sep 26, 2013
<quoted text>
The above scriptures alone disclaim the fable of purgatory..
it says..
he which is filthy,
he that is holy,
let him be holy still.
my reward is with me,
as his work shall be.
Those scripture verses do not disclaim purgatory. They disclaim sola fide, but not purgatory.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#478582 Sep 26, 2013
Isaiah 62:11
The LORD has sent this message to every land: "Tell the people of Israel,'Look, your Savior is coming. See, he brings his reward with him as he comes.'"

#478583 Sep 26, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you Protestant bible only "fundies" will stop telling "lies" about what the Catholic Church (actually believes and teaches), we Catholics will stop "telling the TRUTH" about you bible only Protestants!!!!!!
~~~

So you believe What Adam and Eve believed.... that conjecture takes

preeminence over God's word....

You are in for your own rude awakening just as they experienced...

only your separation from God will have no ending...

You deny Him now ...it will be eternal with no redeemer to bail you out.

You have already reject Him...

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Joh 1:5 And

the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

___

YOU EVIDENTLY HATE THE LIGHT...

Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation,

that light is come into the world, and

men loved darkness rather than light,

because their deeds were evil.

Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light,

neither cometh to the light,

lest his deeds should be reproved.

Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light,

that his deeds may be made manifest,

that they are wrought in God.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#478584 Sep 26, 2013
Matthew 21:5
"Say to Daughter Zion,'See, your king comes to you, gentle and riding on a donkey, and on a colt, the foal of a donkey.'"
marge

Leesburg, GA

#478585 Sep 26, 2013
Roseze! This verse reminds me of what you'd been saying;

Deuteronomy 30:4
Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the LORD your God will gather you and bring you back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Happy Lesbo 88,249
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min Redeemed Jersey P... 996,513
Here's What's Really Behind NFL Players Taking ... (Nov '17) 1 hr Flax Dung Su Yah 29
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Grunt56 223,080
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,549
mgtow 4 hr Lucifer 13
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr ChromiuMan 6,922